PDA

View Full Version : mark of handling vs tarrasque

Wizard_Lizard
2020-01-17, 05:29 AM
ok. so. oncegain I have found myself bored out o my mind with no one to play dnd with. so naturally I think of se abolutely stupid dnd scenarios. Mark lf hndling human can cast animal friendship and speak with animals on monstrosities..... the tarrasque is a monstrosity.... see where i am getting? only a shame that they changed i from wayfinders guide where I am pretty sure that you could use any animl based spell on monstrosities (awakened tarrasque anyone?) anyway back to officil eberron. there is definitelystupidity to be had with this.....

Galithar
2020-01-17, 05:41 AM
All you can really do is charm it. Which only means that it won't attack YOU. It'll still eat/kill anything and everything else it can see.

MaxWilson
2020-01-17, 11:12 AM
ok. so. oncegain I have found myself bored out o my mind with no one to play dnd with. so naturally I think of se abolutely stupid dnd scenarios. Mark lf hndling human can cast animal friendship and speak with animals on monstrosities..... the tarrasque is a monstrosity.... see where i am getting? only a shame that they changed i from wayfinders guide where I am pretty sure that you could use any animl based spell on monstrosities (awakened tarrasque anyone?) anyway back to officil eberron. there is definitelystupidity to be had with this.....

So now you're temporarily friends with a big, stupid, famous animal. I'm not seeing a problem yet. Even if you go to Falx and start making friends with *dozens* of Tarrasques... There's still nothing you're doing yet that couldn't have been done with legions of zombies instead.

As DM I would *absolutely* run Mark of Handling exactly as written, even on purple worms and tarrasques. It's not an abuse, it's working as designed. It's not game-destroying due to limitations built into the spells themselves.

Dark.Revenant
2020-01-17, 12:53 PM
Mythologically, the Tarasque was tamed by St. Martha, so this is definitely lore-compliant.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-01-17, 02:41 PM
yeah ok.... animal friendship is eh.... even on tarrasques.