PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem Three Houses: Cindered Shadows trailer now out

Rodin
2020-01-17, 06:43 AM
The big story content DLC for Three Houses has finally been announced, and it's gonna be a doozy!

https://youtu.be/kuoEkgIMNc4

Looks like we're getting 4 new characters, all of whom will be in new classes to fill holes in the existing roster. I assume that these classes will also be made available to your other students.

Early speculation is that the classes will include Trickster and Dark Flier, two classes that were stripped out of the game for Three Houses. The other two are a bit more of a mystery, but one of them looks like it might be the Troubadour/Valkyrie class making a return. The other will be entirely new, utilizing Gauntlets, Axes, and Faith.

There will be a new side story along with new paralogues, activities, relics, etc.

The best news is that the release date is February 13th, which is significantly early than the original date of "end of April."

This announcement has come at a perfect time for me. The AGDQ run of Three Houses got me hyped for the game again, and I was debating whether to start a new run prior to the DLC or not. With the date this close, I can hold off until it's time without burning myself out on it.

Zevox
2020-01-17, 07:32 PM
Yeah, saw this the other day. It does look good, but the price tag on the DLC pass is still steep, and nothing else in it has really appealed to me, so I'm still waiting for a clearer picture of how this will be before I decide whether to buy it. The classes becoming available to everyone would be a big point in its favor if true, I'd love to have Dark Flier and a Troubador-style class - and hopefully earlier than Master tier, the game could use more variety to magic classes prior to that level.

I've recently picked back up my Blue Lions run, and still plan to do at least two more - one for the Church route, and one on Maddening difficulty (probably Crimson Flower, since that was the first route I did). Could see myself incorporating this into those, if it winds up looking worth that $25 price tag.

DeTess
2020-01-18, 04:37 AM
The new classes got datamined a while back (https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/du352a/3h_dlc_classes_datamine/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body) (link to reddit thread).

Just looking at the base stats, these'll probably not be master tier, so that's nice. And with the introduction of dark fliers we can finally play some proper air emblem :P

Razade
2020-01-18, 05:27 AM
I've heard it's not a full story like the other classes but I'm still fairly excited. I'd be more excited if it were just a whole new route though. Guess I'll have to hurry up and finish my Monastery run.