PDA

View Full Version : Deleted content

gooddragon1
2020-01-18, 07:59 PM
Deleted content

NigelWalmsley
2020-01-19, 12:09 AM
Power Shot (Su)

This seems just way too goddamn complicated. I don't know what it is you're trying to say, exactly, but you should be able to say it much more concisely.

Charged Shot (Su)

Once again, this is too complicated. I'm not sure what all the extra words are really getting over a simpler mechanic like "may the result of a single attack roll for all attacks".

*assuming 1 enhancement bonus damage and 4 power attack pseudo base attack bonus damage

I would avoid adding this extra complexity to your example. The example works fine if you say "with a +1 crossbow" and just have it deal 3d10+3.

Elves
2020-01-19, 04:21 PM
If you're going to include Power Shot it should just be a feat.

aimlessPolymath
2020-01-19, 05:37 PM
I'd just ape Power Attack's wording.

On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all ranged attack rolls and add the same number to all ranged damage rolls. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until your next turn.

Furthermore, you add an additional bonus to your ranged damage rolls equal to the lower of your Dexterity bonus and ranger level. Starting at 5th level, you may substitute your caster level in any class for your ranger level for this purpose.

No need to muck around with "pseudo attack bonus" and then convert it instead of saying "damage bonus"

aimlessPolymath
2020-01-19, 05:59 PM
Then you can say "ranged weapon attack rolls" instead.