PDA

View Full Version : RIP: My PSP? :(

Maerok
2007-10-21, 08:13 PM
I think my PSP is dead; all of a sudden, it no longer turns on. I've tried charging it but still nothing; I might try to get a new battery (switch it out with someone else's) but I think its toast... I'm going to get a DS if it comes to that, because I've heard wonderful things about it (OS, browsing, etc.).

Volug
2007-10-21, 08:18 PM
I think my PSP is dead; all of a sudden, it no longer turns on. I've tried charging it but still nothing; I might try to get a new battery (switch it out with someone else's) but I think its toast... I'm going to get a DS if it comes to that, because I've heard wonderful things about it (OS, browsing, etc.).

I'm going to add it to my "Ways the DS is better then the PsP" if you don't mind.

Also if anyone would like to contribute to my "The PS3 is dead*... accept it and buy a Wii" list PM me:smallwink:.

*it my suddenly recieve a life 3 spell if Final Fantasy XIII is good... which it is... But if it comes out for the Wii.... bye bye PS3... you tried so hard.... Ah, what do I care...

Also taking it to a repair shop never hurt a thing:smallwink: :smallwink:

Maerok
2007-10-21, 09:39 PM
But that takes effort and money. :smallannoyed:

Micate
2007-10-21, 09:51 PM
PSP isn't worth it. There's Final Fantasys 1, 2, and Tactics, and maybe the Metal Gear Acid games if you liked them (I did, but for some reason a lot of people I know didn't). And the Final Fantasies are on the DS/GBA also, so you only lose what, 3 games by switching to the DS? Bottom line, the PSP fails because it thinks it has a joystick (when in fact, it doesn't, that little knoby thing doesn't count as a joystick, its a d-pad in disguise, and on the same side of the screen as the actual d-pad no less). Any game requiring use of that ... thing... will invariably fail, because the knoby d-pad is useless.

The DS's only weakness is games that rely on the touchpad too heavily (metroid was particularly annoying), because after a while you just get tired of holding your DS in one hand while trying to brace your other hand on it so you can make use of the stylus because if you move it off the screen your stuck. But overall, the DS kicks the PSP's butt, since barely any games have that problem, where almost every PSP original title seems to assume there is a joystick, and it just doesn't work (IMO).

Bottom line. DS >> PSP. But damn Sony and it's exclusive titles making me buy both (although the PSP makes a nice video ipod, even if it is a bit bulky).

DarkLightDragon
2007-10-22, 04:48 AM
What everyone else said. Get a DS. It's awesome. And the sleep mode is handy as well.

Maerok
2007-10-22, 09:37 AM
It came back to life somehow...

Skippy
2007-10-22, 09:41 AM
You should still buy a DS. It's better and it has a lot of original games (unlike the PSP which has mainly ripoffs of PS2 games).

Rumda
2007-10-22, 09:51 AM
Aaahhh zombie console run away....!

Da Beast
2007-10-22, 01:23 PM
I love my DS. I kind of worry about how well I could play some of the games being left handed though.

Skippy
2007-10-22, 01:26 PM
I love my DS. I kind of worry about how well I could play some of the games being left handed though.

Most of the games that need use of stylus ask if you are left handed or right handed before starting.