PDA

View Full Version : Cunning Artisan

wookietek
2020-01-19, 05:00 PM
I'm running a Lizardfolk Barb currently in a game, and was wondering what cool things outside of what is specifically mentioned in the description I could make that the GM might consider. Our GM is rather open minded when it comes to working outside of RAW as long as it doesn't look like power gaming and you can keep things thematically true to the character. I was thinking bolas, but don't see any official write up for that. Fun and tricky ideas are encouraged, but even utilitarian for during downtime are welcome. Thanks in advance!

nickl_2000
2020-01-19, 05:05 PM
What about traps made out of bone? I could see a DM allowing you to create simple traps out of them.

wookietek
2020-01-19, 09:15 PM
Traps are an obvious idea! I should have thought of that. Especially good for protecting during long rests or if we get the chance to ambush or funnel the enemy!

micahaphone
2020-01-20, 12:59 AM
Think of anything you might learn to build in camping survival books or leatherworking. Leather clothing (deerskin jacket, great for keeping the rain off), tents/shelters, with enough downtime (longer than one short rest, certainly) I'd see if you could apply it to making simple boats or rafts, like a dugout.