PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Attack roll, damage, or caster level-based DCs

Kaiwen
2020-01-20, 10:21 AM
I'm looking for any DCs that are based on attack roll, damage, or caster level, instead of class level, spell level, or HD. What I've found so far are the Stunshot Sling (MIC), which has "Fortitude save (DC equal to your attack roll result) or be stunned for 1 round" 3/day, the Pathfinder Razmiran Priest PrC (PoP) which gives domain granted abilities based on caster level instead of Cleric level, and Concentration checks for taking damage. Does anyone know of other sources for these effects?

sleepyphoenixx
2020-01-20, 10:37 AM
Staggering Strike (CAdv) has a DC based on damage.
Poison (Core, Drd 3) has a DC based on CL.
Iirc a few of the offensive bard songs have a DC based on your perform check, though i don't recall which ones.
Kelpstrand (SpC, Drd 2) has your grapple check determined by CL.
Telekinetic Maneuver (XPH) uses your ML.
A lot of psionic powers have DCs that scale with higher ML (with augmentation, really, but since that's limited by ML...).

NontheistCleric
2020-01-20, 10:41 AM
The Brutal Strike feat (PHB II) forces a Fortitude save (DC 10 + your extra damage from the Power Attack feat on the attack) against being sickened.

Powerdork
2020-01-20, 01:12 PM
The Dreamscarred Press Pathfinder-compatible take on the soulknife had some early rogue-talent-alikes that scaled by base attack bonus.

Really basic: If you manage to not kill someone (other than a construct or undead, basically) with raw damage on a coup de grace (good luck rendering them helpless), they probably need to make a Fortitude save based on your damage roll to not die.

PraxisVetli
2020-01-20, 01:53 PM
Boomerang Daze is 'Fort = 10+ damage dealt' vs Daze for one round

Firest Kathon
2020-01-21, 11:59 AM
Concentration check DC for casting when getting damaged is based on damage.
Fortitude save DC for surviving a Coup de Grace is based on damage dealt.