PDA

View Full Version : Who will "write" the introduction to book 7?

Procyonpi
2020-01-21, 08:48 AM
I think Roy pretty clearly gets the recap, but we're out of Order members for the introduction. I feel like Blackwing and Thor are both pretty solid possibilities, but I'm curious about other peoples's thoughts.

The Pilgrim
2020-01-21, 09:08 AM
Xykon the Lich.

hamishspence
2020-01-21, 10:11 AM
Didn't Xykon, like Redcloak and Miko, already do one of them?

Gift Jeraff
2020-01-21, 11:41 AM
Blackwing or Minrah would be my guess.

Didn't Xykon, like Redcloak and Miko, already do one of them?

Xykon did SS&DT.

Rogar Demonblud
2020-01-21, 12:42 PM
Redcloak did OOPCs, and Miko did SOD. And Thog did GDGU.

It's possible Rich will have a real person write it again. Maybe Mrs Giant?

LadyEowyn
2020-01-21, 12:46 PM
O-Chul, maybe? Or MITD?

Emanick
2020-01-21, 02:54 PM
Probably the major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga.

Quizatzhaderac
2020-01-21, 03:57 PM
My money is on Minrah, that way each member of the order does one of the main books.

My monopoly money is on Psteve the psion.

My fake monopoly money is n James Earl Jones, because he used to do those commercials for the phone book, and Rich sad book seven may be as thick as a phone book.

Mightymosy
2020-01-21, 04:06 PM
I like your reasoning for Minrah.
Good guess

CriticalFailure
2020-01-21, 05:33 PM
I don't think Minrah is a member of the Order. She's a follower of Durkon.

skim172
2020-01-21, 06:41 PM
My money's on Thor.

Procyonpi
2020-01-21, 07:15 PM
probably the major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire oots saga.

but who will it be?! We need a thread about this!!!

Emanick
2020-01-21, 11:35 PM
but who will it be?! We need a thread about this!!!

I dunno, I don’t think it would be very popular.

Quizatzhaderac
2020-01-22, 11:49 AM
I don't think Minrah is a member of the Order. She's a follower of Durkon.I don't think they've even directly spoken to each other.

Also, I don't see Rich using the follower mechanic ever.

It doesn't fit well into not-actually-game narration where people do things because of of motivations, not because someone else bought a feat. I can see (maybe) a one off gag where someone tells a stranger "pack our bags, I'm sending you into grave danger for a cause that has nothing to do with you; btw, I just got the leadership feat."

Also, its one more specific D&D mechanic that Rich wouldn't want to have to introduce.

Rogar Demonblud
2020-01-22, 01:04 PM
They had a whole arc talking with each other and then with Thor, to the point Durkon convinced Minrah to give up Valhalla and return to the mortal realm. And in the commentary for Utterly Dwarfed Rich basically spelled out that Minrah is a cohort for Durkon, even if he's not following the rules enough to use those terms.

Procyonpi
2020-01-22, 03:36 PM
I don't think they've even directly spoken to each other.

Also, I don't see Rich using the follower mechanic ever.

It doesn't fit well into not-actually-name narration where people do things because of of motivations, not because someone else bought a feat. I can see (maybe_ a one off gag where someone tells a stranger "pack our bags, I'm sending you into grave danger for a cause that has nothing to do with you; btw, I just got the leadership feat."

Also, its one more specific D&D mechanic that Rich wouldn't want to have to introduce.

I mean, in UD author commentary Rich straight out said that Minrah is basically a cohort of Durkon, so...

CriticalFailure
2020-01-22, 05:52 PM
She has talked to Durkon a ton and not to anyone else in the Order. She’s there because of him and Thor, not because she knows or cares about the team or Royz

Rogar Demonblud
2020-01-22, 06:02 PM
Well, she did have that strip with Belkar. But she will need to spend more time with Elan than just what we saw at the end of the book.

hroþila
2020-01-23, 08:14 AM
Minrah is a plausible choice. But she's not a member of the Order, she's like a touring guitarist.

Quizatzhaderac
2020-01-23, 11:33 AM
They had a whole arc talking with each other and then with Thor, to the point Durkon convinced Minrah to give up Valhalla and return to the mortal realm. And in the commentary for Utterly Dwarfed Rich basically spelled out that Minrah is a cohort for Durkon, even if he's not following the rules enough to use those terms.I stand corrected. I stupidly only double checked the sections where Durkon was alive, forgetting what genre I was reading.