PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think That Boss Monster Should Have Their Own Movie?

Bartmanhomer
2020-01-21, 08:32 PM
I love playing Boss Monster Card Game Series. I feel like that they should make a Boss Monster movie. I mean the card game is very popular now so why not a movie? What does everybody else think about the idea?

dancrilis
2020-01-21, 09:30 PM
Your positivity about everything is almost concerning.

Boss Monster would only work as a movie in one of three ways (assuming that Boss Monsters are the protaganists).
1. The heroes are the good guys and the Boss Monsters lose.
2. The heroes are not the good guys, and only one of the Boss Monsters are good guys - and they win.
3. The heroes are the good guys, the Boss Monsters are the bad guys, one of the Boss Monsters wins.

The first is not really what you want from Boss Monster (or for your protaganists), the second is also fairly dubious on the Boss Monster idea, and the third is not how they make movies.

If the heroes are the protaganists then it either becomes a downer ending, or they have to be hated so we like when they die - and either way it wouldn't really feel like Boss Monster rather then generic fantasy movie.

Bartmanhomer
2020-01-21, 09:52 PM
Your positivity about everything is almost concerning.

Boss Monster would only work as a movie in one of three ways (assuming that Boss Monsters are the protagonists).
1. The heroes are the good guys and the Boss Monsters lose.
2. The heroes are not the good guys, and only one of the Boss Monsters are good guys - and they win.
3. The heroes are the good guys, the Boss Monsters are the bad guys, one of the Boss Monsters wins.

The first is not really what you want from Boss Monster (or for your protagonists), the second is also fairly dubious on the Boss Monster idea, and the third is not how they make movies.

If the heroes are the protagonists then it either becomes a downer ending, or they have to be hated so we like when they die - and either way it wouldn't really feel like Boss Monster rather then generic fantasy movie.

Well if you're very familiar with the card game then might have an idea where I'm going with this: The Bosses are the Protagonists and the Heroes are the Villains. The Bosses want to kill the heroes to gain souls.

Velaryon
2020-01-23, 03:01 AM
Well, since many of the bosses and heroes are thinly veiled references to other properties, they'd have to be somewhat careful to avoid running afoul of copyright lawsuits. Perhaps parody laws would be enough, I don't know.

Anyway, I think having a movie with villain protagonist(s) is possible, but tricky. You have to somewhat humanize the villains to get the audience on their side, and that can be tricky to do when your characters are inherently monstrous. But perhaps it could work.