PDA

View Full Version : Weapons that transfer/channel negative energy?

BlackOnyx
2020-01-22, 02:05 AM
Might anyone be familiar with any weapons (be they enchanted or made of special mundane materials) that allow the user to transfer/channel negative energy to their target?

(Specifically I was looking for a means of adding the Dread Necromancer's Charnel Touch damage to regular weapon damage.)

Thurbane
2020-01-22, 05:31 PM
Closest I'm aware of is Necrotic Focus weapon property (MIC), but thats specifically for level drain, and wouldn't work with Charnel Touch.

Unless there's something hidden away in an FR or Eberron splat book, or Dragon Mag, I'm not aware of any such thing for 3.x.

Saintheart
2020-01-22, 10:45 PM
Ergh. This is tough. I was hoping for something like the Ki Focus weapon ability, but, nope.

Only alternative I had is stupid, but:

Charnel Touch can be channelled through the spell Spectral Hand, explicitly. Ordained Champion allows you to channel "any spell you have available to cast" through your melee weapon. So you'd have to dip 4 levels -- 1 in cleric, 3 in Ordained Champion -- and Spectral Hand channelled through your weapon then delivers Charnel Touch.

EDIT: A Spell-Storing weapon unfortunately doesn't achieve the same trick, though, because you can only put a targeted spell into it. Spectral Hand has an effect, not a target.

daremetoidareyo
2020-01-22, 11:22 PM
Maiden of pain can channel touch into a whip. Players guide to faerun