PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Witcher

LibraryOgre
2020-01-22, 06:23 PM
So, if I wanted to emulate Geralt, I would likely look at an Eldritch Knight, perhaps with a "Witcher" background

Witcher
Skill Profiencies: Arcana, Nature (know a lot about monsters and animals)
Tool Proficiencies: Alchemist's Tools, Herbalism Kit
Gear: A one-handed, simple silver weapon, herbalism kit, pouch containing 10gp

Feature: Toss a Coin to Your Witcher
Witchers are known as monster hunters; in most places, they will be able to acquire work hunting some monster no one cares to deal with, and are often told rumors of the same. Their reputation as monster hunters can be a mixed blessing, but it may grant them access to others who would otherwise avoid strangers.

Toss in some alchemy rules so you can make "potions" and you're in a valley of plenty.

Thomas Cardew
2020-01-22, 07:05 PM
You should have two swords, one silver for monsters one steel for humans. Even in the show Geralt has two, the unused one is typically on Roach though. It's probably easiest to notice in the dragon hunt episode. One's in the saddle bag as the peasant tries to steal it, the other in Geralt's hand when he comes out.

LibraryOgre
2020-01-22, 07:44 PM
You should have two swords, one silver for monsters one steel for humans. Even in the show Geralt has two, the unused one is typically on Roach though. It's probably easiest to notice in the dragon hunt episode. One's in the saddle bag as the peasant tries to steal it, the other in Geralt's hand when he comes out.

That's where the silver simple weapon comes in; most classes will give you a (presumably steel) weapon as part of your starting gear; the Witcher background also gives you a silver one (limited to one-handed and simple)

wayfare
2020-02-24, 03:37 PM
Looks good to me! Two tool proficiencies is uncommon, but I believe Urchin, Mariner, and Urban Bounty Hunter have that option.