PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Psion Discipline Powers

booliusdoolius
2020-01-23, 01:23 PM
Hey all, I was wondering, are the Psion's Discipline Powers like Cleric Domain Spells or just normal Psionics that psions can use?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-01-23, 01:55 PM
Hey all, I was wondering, are the Psion's Discipline Powers like Cleric Domain Spells or just normal Psionics that psions can use?Just add the discipline powers to the normal list to determine how a psion from that discipline takes them as powers known. (A telepath can choose powers from the telepathy discipline along with normal psion powers, etc.)

Also, you can use Expanded Knowledge to take any power from any list so long as you can manifest powers of the appropriate level.

Quertus
2020-01-23, 03:36 PM
Hey all, I was wondering, are the Psion's Discipline Powers like Cleric Domain Spells or just normal Psionics that psions can use?

Neither. They are not available to everyone, nor are they automatically available.

Psions have limited powers known. They may select these from the general list, from their own discipline list, or, under circumstances (such as the expand knowledge feat or Psychic surgery) from other lists.

booliusdoolius
2020-01-23, 04:23 PM
Just add the discipline powers to the normal list to determine how a psion from that discipline takes them as powers known. (A telepath can choose powers from the telepathy discipline along with normal psion powers, etc.)

Also, you can use Expanded Knowledge to take any power from any list so long as you can manifest powers of the appropriate level.

So basically, they're just extra Psionic powers.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-01-23, 10:36 PM
So basically, they're just extra Psionic powers.

Yes, extra psionic powers you have available to choose from. If you pick any, they're treated the same as any other powers you know from that class.