PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I Need Help To Raise Piglets

Bartmanhomer
2020-01-27, 11:03 PM
Hey everybody. My adventure party (Me=Female Drow Wizard Transmuter, Female Elf Closteried Cleric, Male Human Factotum and a Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian All Level 3) just killed a female boar at the tournament, she left a bunch of little piglets behind. I volunteer to raise them as if they were my own pets or pig children. So I need some help on how to raise the little piggies, please. Any advice? :smile:

heavyfuel
2020-01-27, 11:14 PM
Have someone in the party spend a skill point in Handle Animal. That's it.

Alternatively hire someone with the rank (though it might be expensive at lv 3)

Madwand99
2020-02-22, 12:20 PM
Pigs are incredibly easy to raise, they take almost no effort and eat almost anything. All you need is an enclosed area (wooden fence or barn), fresh water, and toss them enough table scraps. If you want to lead them somewhere, put some food in a bucket, have the pigs smell it, and they'll follow the bucket. You don't need ranks in any skill for this (and pigs can't really be "handled" all that well anyway).

Spore
2020-02-22, 01:32 PM
Yeah, like Madwand stated, pigs are incredibly easy to bring up. They feed on your scraps, and unless you want to train them, you don't even need Handle Animal.

Plus, you can eat them in your game's final feast. Delish piggy bacon. :belkar:

Bartmanhomer
2020-02-22, 04:21 PM
Pigs are incredibly easy to raise, they take almost no effort and eat almost anything. All you need is an enclosed area (wooden fence or barn), fresh water, and toss them enough table scraps. If you want to lead them somewhere, put some food in a bucket, have the pigs smell it, and they'll follow the bucket. You don't need ranks in any skill for this (and pigs can't really be "handled" all that well anyway).

Yeah, like Madwand stated, pigs are incredibly easy to bring up. They feed on your scraps, and unless you want to train them, you don't even need Handle Animal.

Plus, you can eat them in your game's final feast. Delish piggy bacon. :belkar:
Cool. I'll take it that both of you have experiences with piglets in D&D 3.5? :smile:

Madwand99
2020-02-22, 09:16 PM
Nah, I watch Youtube vids on farming occasionally.

Bartmanhomer
2020-02-22, 09:19 PM
Nah, I watch Youtube vids on farming occasionally.

Ok. :wink:

radthemad4
2020-02-22, 11:25 PM
Your party is level 3, so you can probably easily afford to get some hirelings (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spellcastingAndServices) to help you take care of them. Maybe go for a expert and an assistant for a measly 0.4 GP per day.