PDA

View Full Version : Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (San d'Oria)

Nu
2007-10-22, 05:44 AM
Music selection: The Kingdom of San d'Oria (http://www.mediafire.com/?bgzm4vfmcmn)

It is early in the afternoon on Earthsday, on the 23rd week of the year 884 C. E. (Crystal Era). The air is still today in the Ronfaure region, though the sky is relatively clear and the sun's light shines gently upon grey stone walls and well-built wooden structures of the ancient Kingdom of San d'Oria. Victory Square in particular is lively today, with merchants from the distant regions of Aragoneu and Derfland bartering their wares to an eager crowd.

In Southern San d'Orian, Royal Squire Endracion, a female elvaan warrior with short, orange hair done in pigtails and fair skin wearing a San d'Orian leather royal knight uniform of various shades of grey, stands at attention near the Westgate in the southwest end of the city. Beside her is an elvaan male of about the same, average elvaan height, with black hair in a crew cut and slightly darker skin, a royal representative from the San d'Orian adventurer's program. His name is Helbort, and he wears a regal-looking blue and gold uniform. and carries a scroll sealed with the mark of the Royal Family. In contrast to the steady, emotionless stance of his comrade, Helbort is fidgeting, apparently impatiently waiting for something.

OOC
Location: Westgate is located in Southern San d'Oria, in areas F/G-9/10.

A Royal Squire is a leader of a low-ranking division of the San d'Orian royal knights. Helbort seems to be a messenger from the royal family, a errand-runner for the government of San d'Oria. You may enter as you see fit. Consult the map of Southern San d'Oria if you are confused of your location.

XiaoTie
2007-10-22, 09:25 AM
Galadan Allieu

A male elvaan warrior stops by the Victory Square, admiring the multiple "exotic" products that are sold by the merchants. He has gray hair and a tan skin. Wearing a long green cloak over his shoulders, and beneath the cloak a gray vest over a scaled armor.

It was weird (on a good way) to be back on the streets of San d'Oria, at least for this specific elvaan, Galadan Allieu. He had lived most of his life on the La Thaine Plateau, visiting San d'Oria only three times during the two decades of his existence. Everytime that he was on San d'Oria he felt weird, but now he knew what it was; he felt as a complete elvaan, a true elvaan.

He walked towards the west gate, he had a meeting and didn't want to be late. True elvaans didn't like to be late. Or did they ? Galadan didn't knew, but getting there on time wouldn't hurt.

He was almost there, he could see the two elvaans waiting for him by the gate; it was close now, his life as an adventurer was truly about to begin. He was happy, his smile could be seen in the distance. Galadan approached the duo by the Westgate. He gently curved his torso towards the two elvaan, and smilled. "Greetings. I am Galadan Allieu." he spoke to them, happiness filling his body as the adventurer life aproached.

Nu
2007-10-22, 12:55 PM
Helbort jerks in place at Galadin's address, as if snapping out of a daze. "Oh, erm, I," the elvaan stammers, pulling the scroll up and giving it a looking-over, then giving the nearly arrived elvaan one of the same before returning to vigorously scanning the scroll. At the same time, Endracion salutes the new adventurer and gives him her own greeting,

"Well met, sir Galadan. I take it you're one of the prospective adventurers?"

XiaoTie
2007-10-22, 01:21 PM
Galadan Allieu

"Yes ma'am" said the young elvaan with an obvious enthusiasm, albeit slightly trying to disguise said enthusiasm with a cough after he realized how obvious it was. Perhaps a true elvaan wouldn't be like that. But once again, he didn't knew. She was a Royal Squire, that much he knew about elvaans, so respect towards her was a must.

The scroll was burning in his hands, such was his anxiety to read it. But it was most likely not a polite thing to do when a person talking to you, specially if said person is from the San d'Orian royal knights. True elvaan or not, he was going to read the scroll later. "So, when do I begin ma'am?"

darkmist83
2007-10-22, 01:33 PM
Zander Flynn

Strolling thru Victory Square, Zander takes in all that is San d'Oria. He'd lived here his whole life and was ready to start his adventuring for his country. Watching all the merchants selling their wares was mesmorizing. That's when he noticed that...he was late. The smil on his face turned to a more annoyed look and he went running towards Westgate.

Arriving to see the three elvaan, Zander became warry and hoped that this would not end poorly for him as so many elvaan were not fond of him. He strolled up to the group "Hello, I'm Zander. I was told to report here to begin adventuring for San d'Oria"

Laxalife
2007-10-22, 02:17 PM
Having only heard about the great city of San d'Oria from his father, Ariuath stands outside the city in awe. Living in the forests and training with his father his whole life, he did not know what to expect of a big city. As his heart beats faster with every step, Ariuath enters through the city gates. So many people, so many things happening. It was hard to believe this many people lived in one place. None the less, he made his way through victory square.

He sees 3 Elvaan and a Hume. A HUME!! He thinks to himself, I've heard stories from my father, but never seen one. He ponders what his father taught him, how they are resourceful and not all are to be hated. Only time will tell. He walks up to the group and bows to the squire; for his father has taught him the ranks of the San d'Oria army very well and the respect one should show. After he says "Greetings. I am Ariuath of the house of Banniathem. I am here to answer the call to adventure in the name of San d'Oria."

Nu
2007-10-22, 04:28 PM
"Galadan...Zander...Ariuath...three of them, yes, that's what we were expecting," Helbort says finally, now sounding oddly confident. "You three are hereby commissioned as official adventurers for the Kingdom of San d'Oria." With this, Helbort's eyes drift to Zander with a brief look of slight disdain, before refocusing his gaze to a more authoritative one in addressing the trio of adventurers before him. "You will serve your king and your country just as any knight of the kingdom would, though rather than a regular salary, you will receive payment per job and you will take on your missions at your leisure. As proof of your service to your country, you will be issued an official San d'Orian ring. Should you fail to complete an assignment for a period of three months or more, you will be stripped of your adventurer's title and have your ring revoked, unless you are found to be working hard to complete a longer running assignment. Allow me to get these rings..." The elvaan reaches into one of his pockets and produces a small, cloth sack that is loosely tied together at the top. Unbinding it, the elvaan spills out three simple, silvery rings into his palm.

As Helbort offers the rings to the three adventurers, Endracion begins to speak, "Your first assignment is not an easy one. As you know, the orcish empire attacks our fair kingdom from their stronghold in Fort Ghelsba to the west on a regular basis. Recently, our watchtowers have been reporting a new influx of orcs into Ghelsba. We suspect that a new orc clan has been transferred from a more distant orc territory such as Davoi to Ghelsba." Endracion pauses for a moment, then seems to assess the three before her, nods, and continues, "Your task is to bring us some of the axes those orcs carry. The orcs typically have the mark of their clan painted on their axes. I do not care how you collect the axes. I don't think the orcs are going to part with them easily, and you're unlikely to just find them lying around. One axe for each of you should be enough. With them, we can probably determine which new orc clan has moved into the Ronfaure region and plan accordingly."

"Complete this mission," Helbort chimes in yet again, "and your names will be among the first added to the San d'Orian adventurer's registry. Oh, and there will be a minor reward of one hundred gil pieces (gp). Once your name is added to the registry, a few new opportunities will open up to you. Continue to serve San d'Oria, and surely become as respected as any elite San d'Orian knight."

XiaoTie
2007-10-22, 06:26 PM
Galadan Allieu

Galadan reaches the rings on Helbort's hand, placing it on his index fingers while he carefully listen to the mission briefing that was given by Endracion. He wouldn't take his eyes of Helbort and Endracion for a second, he could not afford being someone that would slow his two comrades, soon to be, brothers-in-arms.

"I wonder if we'll make a good team" is the only thought that goes through his mind for a few brief seconds as his eyes, equally for a few brief seconds, diverge from Endracion and glance his comrades. He waits until Endracion has obviously finished her briefing, and speaks "When do we leave, ma’am? And what information do we have about that specific group of orcs?"

Laxalife
2007-10-22, 10:48 PM
Ariuath follows the other Elvaans lead and takes a ring from Helbort's hand. He places is on his index finger and begins to listen to what they have to say. While he listens, he can only think about the Hume standing next to him. He Knows that most Elvaan are warriors, but this Hume....he knows nothing about. He wonders what this Hume can do to add San d'Oria. But snaps his attention back to Endracion.

So, we must kill orcs.....fine by him. Since the other Elvaan has started to ask questions, Ariuath feels there is no need to ask the same questions, but needs to listen and learn.

darkmist83
2007-10-23, 09:01 AM
Zander

Taking his ring as well he slips it over his middle finger and listens intently to Endracion as he gives them their first assignment. This is gonna be interesting. I hope I can keep up with these two

"Where have these orcs been sited?"

Nu
2007-10-23, 07:43 PM
Helbort frowns with disapproval, but before he can speak, Endracion interjects with a stern, but understanding tone, "You may leave anytime you wish, though the sooner the better. All that we know of this particular group of orcs is that they are new to the area, and thus are probably not familiar with the surrounding terrain, so they're likely to not be as well-hidden as the orcs who have occupied Ghelsba for some time now.The orcs are found generally in small camps in the areas around Fort Ghelsba, in the northwest corner of Ronfaure. However, I would advise against getting too close to Ghelsba, as the orcs have that region well-defended and the patrols are very alert. You're better off trying to locate an isolated camp or scout a bit further away from Ghelsba itself. Orcs have been spotted all over Ronfaure in recent times, though the main road to La Theine is fairly clear, as our own patrols keep it safe for travelers and caravans. Dense foliage, small caverns, rock formations...anyplace that provides a good hiding spot for an ambush is where you may find the orcs making camp, all over the Ronfaure region."

OOC:
West Ronfaure can be accessed through the Westgate, or you can move over to the Eastgate to access...East Ronfaure! Check the maps for more information if you need it.

darkmist83
2007-10-24, 12:22 PM
Zander

"Well I suggest we not waste anymore time. Let's head out the Westgate and start our search." Zander will motion and head towards the westgate. And so my...er...our adventure begins

Once the party gets outside the gate, Zander will ask "So let's discuss fighting tactics as we walk. I'd like to be prepared when we do find some orcs."

Laxalife
2007-10-24, 12:29 PM
An excellent idea.....what did you say your name was again? Thinking to himself It's good to see that my party isn't full of bumbling idiots.

He follows the Hume out towards the west gate, not looking back to the city at all. The city was nice, but Ariuath longed to get outside these city walls.

darkmist83
2007-10-24, 12:41 PM
Zander

"My apologies. I forgot you arrived after I introduced myself. My name is Zander Flynn. I am a Red Mage."

Laxalife
2007-10-24, 12:59 PM
Greeting Sir Zander. I am Ariuath. I have been trained in the way of the warrior. Ariuath looks over his shoulder at the other Elvaan companion. I see you too have been trained in the way of the warrior. Sir???

Nu
2007-10-24, 01:10 PM
West Ronfaure
Music selection: Ronfaure (http://www.mediafire.com/?f0jmygn4xzx)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/Vanadiel/sandoria1-1.jpg
A verdant, forested area just outside the city walls of San d'Oria.

To the northwest lies the Ghelsba Outpost (including Fort Ghelsba and the Yughott Grotto). In the northeast is the Kingdom of San d'Oria itself. To the east is East Ronfaure. To the south is the La Theine Plataeu.

Orc and goblin sightings are common, though typically not along any of the marked roads. Orc congregations grow denser as one approaches the Ghelsba Outpost. There is a San d'Orian outpost along the road that leads to La Theine that serves to help protect travelers from the beastmen.

From your vantage point, the view in front is very green and a large amount of trees fills your field of vision. However, the wood is not so thick that it impairs your view of the forest floor, and the sun does not seem hampered by the canopy as Ronfaure remains illuminated by its shining rays. There are some green hills to your left, a dirt road in front of you, and to the right along the wall is an unmanned gate that leads to East Ronfaure. Looming above and behind you are the watchtowers that line the city walls, which generally prevents the orcs from getting too close to San d'Oria herself.

XiaoTie
2007-10-24, 01:16 PM
Galadan Allieu

Galadan happily smiles as he answers Ariuath. "Yes sir. And my name is Galadan Allieu, I come from the La Theine Plateau where I was trainned by my father, a former soldier from the mighty elvaan army. And as long we are discussing tactics, I believe we could avoid confrontation and only fight when necessary. Don't get me wrong" - true elvaans probably wouldn't avoid fighting orcs - "I like fighting orcs as much as the next elvaan, but since we are just three we should avoid getting surrounded.

He was happy, not only his adventuring days had started, but he was discussing tactics. Galadan felt as a true warrior, and a true elvaan, whatever that meant for him.

Laxalife
2007-10-25, 10:28 AM
Ariuath

I agree with you Galadan. It would be an unwise decision to take on more than is necessary, Ariuath puts a big smile on his face for right now.

Ariuath looks at Zander. So, a red mage? what can you do?

Nu
2007-10-27, 11:03 PM
Just gonna assume that Zander replies with something in his character about how he, as a red mage, can cast both white and black magic, and he's pretty handy with a blade as well.

Laxalife
2007-10-28, 12:08 AM
ah, I see. Well, let us get on with the mission. I say we head towards Ghelsba outpost. But make sure to stay far enough away so that we won't have to fight too many orcs.

Ariuath was so excited. He would finally get to test his skill as a warrior. He looked forward to getting back at teh orcs, who have constantly invaded his homeland.

What do you think?

XiaoTie
2007-10-28, 07:22 AM
[OOC: Right now would be a good time to ask, what was on that scroll ?]

Galadan
"I agree, if we go to far inside orc territory we would certainly be in big trouble," he says as walk towards their destination. "But I think that if we stay on the road at all times we would be easily spoted, maybe we should walk just a bit off the road. What do you think sir Ariuath ?"

darkmist83
2007-10-28, 10:44 AM
Zander

"That sounds like a good plan Galadan, but regardless we should be on our guard as there could be orcs anywhere" Zander will follow along with Galadan just off the path towards Ghelsba post.

Nu
2007-10-28, 12:05 PM
OOC:
The scroll is a letter that appears to be from the royal family, welcoming new adventurers to the program. Apparently it was intended for all of you. It is signed by both Lord Rahal of the Royal Knights and Lady Curillia of the Temple Knights. It is very formal sounding and mostly repeats what Helbort told you.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

As you make your way towards Ghelsba, the thicket of trees becomes less thick and the air seems to grow heavier. You pass a large hill on your left as you venture off the road, and head northwest in search of orcs.

More OOC:
DC10 Spot Check
Along the way, you see a few rarabs that scamper off shortly after you begin to draw near them.

DC15 Spot Check
You spot a few notches in a tree slightly further north, as if it had been cut with an axe.

DC20 Spot Check
Through the bushes surrounding the tree to the north, you spot some patches of pale yellow in the distance to the north, just barely peeking through the vegetation, but very far away.

darkmist83
2007-10-29, 08:36 AM
[roll0]
EDIT: Ignore this as I just now realized what your rolls were for. I feel kinda silly.

Zander looks up ahead to see... a few axe marks. "We should be careful. There might be orcs nearby. They've left their mark on those trees up ahead."

XiaoTie
2007-10-29, 08:46 AM
Galadan

Galadan grabs the hilt of his longsword with his right hand, while the left he uses to reach the shield on his back, and with a whisper he speaks to his comrades "Be careful, if the orcs are indeed here, don't let them surround us". Perhaps it was finally the time to fight some orcs, hopefully they wouldn't be greatly outnumbered by the foul beasts.

darkmist83
2007-10-29, 08:54 AM
Zander

Taking his cue from Galadan, Zander also draws his sword and buckler.

Laxalife
2007-10-29, 10:15 AM
Ariuath nods in agreement with Galadan. He puts his shield out in front of himself and grips his shortspear in his right hand.

Shall we head over to that hill and get a better view of our area. See if we can find any orc camps near by?

darkmist83
2007-10-29, 10:34 AM
Zander

Goes up the hill, ready for battle, should he find one.

XiaoTie
2007-10-29, 10:48 AM
Galadan

Listen Check
[roll0]

Galadan follows Zander uphill, thinking that it was probably not a good idea to do so in such a hasty way. "Bloody mage, he could get us all in trouble" is the thought that crosses his mind as he follows the hume, trying to listen to any strange noises on the way up.

Laxalife
2007-10-29, 11:26 AM
Ariuath watches his two fellow adventures head up the hill and think sot himself I didn't mean rush up the hill. This might not end well if orcs are over the hill.

Ariuath does his best to follow, as quietly as possible. He continues to check all around him, to make sure no one is sneaking up from behind them.

Nu
2007-10-29, 12:20 PM
Galadan hears no strange noises on the way up, just normal forest sounds and the sounds of their own footsteps.

From the top of the hill, you can see a lot more of the surrounding area, though you're still surrounded by thick tree trunks (further up now though). It is more difficult to notice detail from this distance, but more of the forest floor is visible. There doesn't seem to be much of interest at this distance, however...

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

DC15 Spot Check
You see some rustling in the vegetation far to the south. It appears to be too much disturbance of the vegetation to be a mere rarab or other such small animal.

darkmist83
2007-10-29, 12:39 PM
Zander

"There seems to be something in that patch of vegetation. Judging by the amount of movement, I'm going to venture a guess and say it's an orc. I can't tell how many though. Let's try and get the jump on him."

Zander will motion forward, and proceed towards the disturbance.

Laxalife
2007-10-29, 12:46 PM
Ariuath follows behind Zander....his heart pounding, this would be his first real battle against a real opponent. He wondered how this group would fair against orcs. He wondered if all his training really did make him ready to go out adventuring. SO many questions and thoughts racing through his head as they moved on towards the bushes.

XiaoTie
2007-10-29, 12:54 PM
Galadan

With his shield pressed against his body to prevent stumbling on the tree branches and bushes, Galadan darts behind his two comrades. Guarding their backs the elvaan speaks, trying to keep the voice down, but loud enough so the rustling of their feet isn't enough to muffle his voice "Be careful, I'll go over his right side and try to get to his back."

Nu
2007-10-29, 06:03 PM
As the three of you head down the hill and move to the cluster of vegetation, a rarab suddenly and aggressively tears through the vegetation and sprints straight past you, apparently scared out of its mind. The cluster of vegetation collapses after the rarab has torn through it, revealing a thrown axe of orcish design, which had apparently been what caused the disturbance. With the absence of this bush, you find the view ahead much more clear. Though there are still trees surrounding you, the other vegetation is relatively nil. Of course, this clarity allows you to quite plainly see the three orcs now standing about twenty-five feet away.

Music selection: Battle Theme (http://www.mediafire.com/?1vtbjkmqkby)

The one in the front (orc 2) appears unarmed, apparently that was his axe that was thrown. The orcs to his right and left are carrying small, one-handed axes however. The orcs see you as clearly as you see them, and the unarmed one in front lets out a savage war cry at the sight of you. Orcs 1 and 2 appear to be wearing simple leather armor, though orc 3's armor appears thicker and studded.

The Battle Map
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1.png

Initiative
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

OOC:
Zander, I recommend selecting the rest of your spells before we get into this battle. I suspect they'll come in handy.

Nu
2007-10-29, 06:07 PM
Initiative Order:
1. Galadan
2. Orc 3
3. Zander
4. Ariuath
5. Orc 1
6. Orc 2

OOC:
Feel free to post your actions out of sequence if you wish to, I'll resolve them in the initiative order. Everyone has full HP, 0 TP, etc.

XiaoTie
2007-10-29, 06:25 PM
Galadan

"Do NOT let them surround you" the elvaan says as he raises his shield a bit more, waiting for the orcs to make the first move. *

[OOC: Delay my turn up until the Orc 3 acts]

Nu
2007-10-29, 06:36 PM
The orc furthest to the right moves around the right side, heading towards you and passes through two trees and hurls his throwing axe at Zander.

[roll0] vs. Zander AC 16
If hit, damage:
[roll1]

The orc snarls as its axe flies far off target, lodging itself in the tree to the left. It draws another axe with amazing quickness.

Updated Battle Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1B.png

XiaoTie
2007-10-29, 06:49 PM
Galadan

Galadan draws his sword and charges towards the orc that just attacked Zander, yelling "DIE SCUM" as he approaches to deliver the diagonal blow, using the momentum to gather more power for the slash.

Attack roll: [roll0]
If hit, damage:
Damage roll: [roll1]
[Charge action: +2 Attack roll; -2 AC until my next turn]
If needed:
Crit confirm: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Position on the map: F8

Nu
2007-10-29, 07:14 PM
Galadan slashes savagely into the orc's leather armor, ripping straight through both the armor and the orc's leathery skin. Red blood splatters accross the elvaan's weapon as the orc reels and howls in pain, but it's still standing, snarling and recovering from the blow.

Galadan: +10 TP.

Battle Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1C.png

Laxalife
2007-10-29, 10:58 PM
Ariuath will help Galadan finish off that orc.
Attack:
1d20+6
Damage:
1d6+5

I have no clue y its not working. I'm doing it correctly, it just doesn't like me. I roleed in the Dice thread and got this (1d20+6)[12] (1d6+5)[10] You can check the thread, but for some reason this thread doesn't want to do it. Any help/tips here?

In case I don't get on fast enough. After this orc goes down, I will attack orc #2

Nu
2007-10-29, 11:29 PM
OOC:
A few hints about the dice roller: It doesn't like doing a preview (it will clear your rolls if you preview, and you have to retype them out). And you can't edit in a new dice roll, it will never work during editing. Also, naming them works best, using the format [/roll][roll=Attack]1d20+6, etc. (reversed, obviously) Just for future reference.

Also, what space are you moving to?

darkmist83
2007-10-30, 12:23 AM
Zander
FYI, I'm choosing Cure (duh), Stone, and Protect. I'll update my character sheet tomorrow.

Seeing Galadan and Ariuath attacking the "stronger" looking orc, he'll attempt to finish it off.

[roll0]
if hit
[roll1]
I am moving to E8

Nu
2007-10-30, 12:54 AM
Zander's blade cuts a shallower wound in the orc, but it's enough. The orc's eyes roll into the back of its head and it falls over, flat onto its back, unconscious.

Updated Battle Map
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1D.png

Zander: +10 TP

OOC:
Since Zander is actually in initiative before Ariuath, he hits first. I'll give you some time to adjust your action accordingly Laxalife, since I don't know where you are moving to.

Laxalife
2007-10-30, 10:17 AM
Ariuath sees Zander slay the orc to his right. So he readys his weapon for the next incoming orc.

I'm going to wait for Orc1 to move and attack and take my action after orc1. If he doesn't move in to attack, i'm going to move to D7. If he does I'm going to attack him
[roll0]
and Damage:
[roll1]

Nu
2007-10-30, 05:19 PM
OOC:
For the record, I just realized I gave you the wrong TP values earlier. You each gained 10 TP from your attacks, not 5 TP.

The orc furthest back howls and charges forward, rapidly closing the distance and slicing savagely at Zander with its battleaxe.

[roll0] vs. AC 16
If Hit:
[roll1]

The orc's axe cuts deep into an exposed area of Zander's skin, leaving a nasty wound on the red mage's body.

In response, Ariuath moves forward and cuts back at the orc, slicing through its skin and spilling the orc's blood in turn. It takes the blow in stride, but it's clearly not comfortable.

Ariuath: +10 TP
Zander: +5 TP

The unarmed orc mumbles something in orcish, draws another throwing axe and moves to the left, wedging itself between two trees, out of direct sight.

Round 2 Beginning, New Battle Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1E.png

[roll2]

The unconscious orc gurgles and bleeds.

XiaoTie
2007-10-30, 06:35 PM
Galadan

Seeing the mage being attacked Galadan decides leave the orc to die by himself. The orc with the battleaxe would be busy with Ariuath, it was the perfect time to run around the tree just behind the fallen orc, and reach him. And so he did; Galadan proceeded to slash the orc's back with his longsword.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

OOC
Movement:
Starts on F8 Goes diagonaly to G7(5feet) Goes to G6(5feet) Goes diagonaly to F5(10feet) Goes to E5(5feet) Goes diagonaly to D6(5feet), thus gaining the flanking bonus from Ariuath (+2 Attak Roll) 30 feet movement total

Nu
2007-10-30, 07:27 PM
Galadan's sword strikes true, and the orc collapses in a heap from the resulting damage.

Galadan: +10 TP

Battle Map
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/battlemapSD1-1F.png

Laxalife
2007-10-30, 08:27 PM
Ariuath, seeing the orc in front of him slain by Galadan, he moves over to attack the last orc standing.

If he can reach teh orc and attack, which I think he should be able to
Diag C7(5ft)
Diag B6(5ft)
Diag A5(5ft)

[roll=Damage]1d6+5

Laxalife
2007-10-30, 08:28 PM
supposed to be the other spoiler, but I screwed up the rolling, so heres the rolling for damage.
[roll0]

XiaoTie
2007-10-30, 08:43 PM
If he can reach teh orc and attack, which I think he should be able to
Diag C7(5ft)
Diag B6(5ft)
Diag A5(5ft)
[roll0]
[roll0]

OOC
He can reach, but diagonals are not always 5ft. First square you move diagonaly is 5ft, the second is 10, the third is 5, the fourth is 10, and so on. Just trying to help out :smallsmile:

darkmist83
2007-10-31, 09:46 AM
Zander

Putting his hands out in front of him, Zander concentrates. Light swirling around him, he cast Cure on himself. [roll0]
My position is F8

Nu
2007-10-31, 05:01 PM
Zander heals himself with a potent cure spell, but the wounds do not fully close. (Still down 3 HP)

Ariuath, on the other hand, catches the rearmed orc by surprise and manages to strike a deadly blow that instantly puts the orc out of the fight.

Battle Over

All three orcs are now unconscious and badly wounded, but still breathing. Each of them holds an axe of some sort in their grasp, and there are two thrown axes lying around on the ground as well. They may have more stored away in their possession.

XiaoTie
2007-10-31, 06:48 PM
Galadan

Galadan smiles to Zander that was the closest to him, and says "I guess we did a good job, a good start at least" and walked towards the orc in front of him and finished him with a single blow on his neck, ripping his head off. He then moved in the direction of the throwing axes a few feet from him, grabbing them and putting the axes inside his backpack. "Maybe we should leave one of them alive so we can ask him questions about their camp. I doubt they would answer," in fact, Galadan didn't even knew if orcs were able to understand him "But it is worth to try, isn't ?"

Laxalife
2007-11-01, 10:21 PM
Ariuath

Ariuath finishes off the orc with a smile on his face and breathing heavy. His father would be proud that he had done so well. He just wished that there had been more. He then proceeds to search the body for anything of use or value, such as the axes they were ordered to obtain.

He heads back to Zander and Galadan, still breathing heavy from all the adrenaline running through his body. Are you both alright? That was an excellent battle, well fought by us all. We need to get these axes and head back, before more come.

Nu
2007-11-02, 01:43 AM
Ariuath finds another throwing axe in the orc's possession in addition to the one in its hand, as well as 32gp in a satchel on its belt.

darkmist83
2007-11-02, 08:36 AM
Zander

Once the searching the leftover bodies, and taking anything of value, is complete. "I agree. Let's head back"

Assuming that Galadan agrees, Zander will head back to San d'Oria

XiaoTie
2007-11-02, 03:45 PM
Galadan

Galadan sighs as Zander and Ariuath simply ignore him, "Head back to the city? I don't think only these axes would be enough. But if you two wish, we could head back to the city" , he then proceeds to deliver the final blow on the orc he first attacked, and inserts his sword on the scabbard that hanged on the left side of his waist.

Nu
2007-11-02, 04:01 PM
Including what Ariuath found before, the orcs in total have two orcish battleaxes and six throwing axes (including the two they threw) in their possession, as well as 99gp and two waterskins. Their armor is now too torn and ragged to be of any value.

Of note: it appears that all the axes are made of finely crafted and sharpened bone rather than metal. This is fairly standard for orcs, as only high-ranking orcs carry metal weapons (which are primarily stolen from elvaan).

Nu
2007-11-04, 10:52 PM
OOC:
So, are you heading back to San d'Oria with these spoils? I'll leave dividing them up to you all, but if you're ready to head back just tell me OOC and I'll go ahead and skip to you returning.

darkmist83
2007-11-05, 09:14 AM
We've completed our mission, so I'd say we should head back and get our next one :smallsmile:

XiaoTie
2007-11-05, 11:27 AM
OOC: If we are alowed to that level of metagaming to know that the mission is complete, by all means continue

Laxalife
2007-11-05, 02:13 PM
Ariuath

Ariuath looks at the axes they collected. Before we head back to town, did we do what was asked of us? They said something about markings on the ax, right? He looks down at the axes looking for markings of some sort. He reaches into his backpack and pulls out the letter they were handed hoping that it would have the quest on on it.

If the axes have the markings, then Ariuath would suggest they leave before more come. If no marking are on the axes, then he would suggest we look for some more orcs.

Nu
2007-11-05, 08:26 PM
The axes are each marked with some sort of red symbol. Of the axes, two of the symbols appear different, while the other six have identical markings. Apparently these orcs are from a few different clans.

The paper is a letter that appears to be from the royal family, welcoming new adventurers to the program. Apparently it was intended for all of you. It is signed by both Lord Rahal of the Royal Knights and Lady Curillia of the Temple Knights. It is very formal sounding and mostly repeats what Helbort told you. But it does not contain the details of your first mission.

Nu
2007-11-06, 11:19 PM
Southern San d'Oria, Westgate

Music selection: The Kingdom of San d'Oria (http://www.mediafire.com/?bgzm4vfmcmn)

Royal Squire Endracion is standing at the exact spot where you left her as the three of you re-enter with the spoils of your expedition. She notices your approach and salutes you, her face decidedly neutral.

Laxalife
2007-11-07, 11:03 AM
Ariuath

We have brought back the axes that you have requested. He tries to show the axes...but he clumsily drops a few. He picks them up and prepares to hand them over to Royal Squire Endracion.

I'm assuming, unless someone else said so, that we took all of the axes. The 2 battleaxes and the 6 throwing axes.

Nu
2007-11-07, 08:15 PM
Endracion helps Ariuath gather up the axes, and glances them over one by one before stowing them in some sort of extra-dimensional holding bag. "Excellent work. These will do nicely. We should be able to identify the new tribe of orcs by studying these axes. As promised, your names will now be entered into the adventurers' registry, and one hundred gil pieces for each of you." With this, the female elvaan hands each of you your reward. [i]"I have been ordered to direct you to Westgate for your next assignment. You may head over whenever you are ready, as it's not a time-sensitive mission."

The time is now early evening. The sun has begun its descent, but it will not be dark for a while. Victory Square has calmed down some in comparison to when you left, but the foreign merchants are still there, and apparently demand for their goods is rather high. Westgate is almost directly opposite Eastgate, and leads to West Ronfaure.

Laxalife
2007-11-09, 10:52 AM
Ariuath

Ariuath turns to his companions and says "I say we split up the gold that we have found between the three of us. Once we have done that, go buy whatever you need and we will just meet at Westgate."

He starts to pull out the gold that they found on the orcs and begins to divide it 3 ways. Waiting for the others to reply.

XiaoTie
2007-11-09, 12:27 PM
Galadan

Upon receiving his reward from Endracion, Galadan gently bows his upper body, "Ah, thank you miss Endracion".

He had done it. His first mission was now completed, and with that he and his comrades had probably been of great help to the army. Heck, to the whole San d'Oria if you looked at it from a certain angle.

With a huge smile on his face he receives his share from Ariuath. "Thank you sir Ariuath. I believe I don't have to buy anything right now, and would be glad to accompany any of you two until we are set".

Nu
2007-11-12, 04:32 AM
OOC:
You all receive 400 XP total from completing the mission and defeating the orcs. I'm going to operate without darkmist for now...I've sent him a PM, and if he doesn't reply soon, I'll have to look into other options.

Zander accepts his share graciously, and says that for now, he doesn't need to make any purchases, and will head to Westgate posthaste, and will wait for you there.

OOC:
Of course, if darkmist returns, feel free to override these actions if you so desire.

Laxalife
2007-11-12, 10:27 AM
Ariuath

He looks around at all the venders after dividing up the gold. I do not need anything right now. Since it seems we are all set, I suggest we head over to Westgate. As he says that, he begins to head to westgate. Excited that he is now an adventurer and has seen battle and lived to tell about it. He wonders where they will send him and his companions next.

Nu
2007-11-13, 02:54 AM
Once you arrive at Westgate, you are greeted by the sight of a fairly empty section of the city, with three guards standing at various points just inside hte gate, two elvaan males, and an elvaan female. They salute as you approach, but don't say anything.

darkmist83
2007-11-13, 09:42 AM
Zander

Approaching the Westgate, Zander salutes."Zander Flynn, adventurer, reporting in for my next mission." Zander gives them a warm smile.

Nu
2007-11-13, 07:23 PM
"Adventurers?" one of the elvaan male guards replies, stepping forward. "Good to see you here so soon. I am Temple Squire Arpevion. I was made aware of your impending arrival. Your next assignment is to head to King Ranperre's grave site in southeast Ronfaure and report to the Temple Knight Aravoge, who awaits your arrival. He has the details of your assignment. I believe it involves some trouble around the tomb."

Laxalife
2007-11-15, 08:02 AM
Ariuath

Thank you. He turns to his companions Well, I guess its off to the grave site. Let us make haste, before it gets too dark to see anything.

darkmist83
2007-11-15, 01:56 PM
Zander

As I have no idea about how much time has passed...would it be safe to say late afternoon? If not, I'll change this post a little.

"Agreed. About how far is it to the tomb? Will we make it there by nightfall?"

XiaoTie
2007-11-15, 04:07 PM
Galadan

He wasn't sure where King Ranperre's grave site was, in fact, he had no clue where it was located. However, he certainly wouldn't mention his lack of knowledge about such an obvious thing for most of the elvaans that lived in San d'Oria. With a smile on his face he turns to the group. "Hum, I don't believe it will matter if we get there before or after nightfall. Our job is to get there; the faster, the better."

OOC: By the way,

Ariuath

Thank you. He turns to his companions Well, I guess its off to the grave site. Let us make haste, before it gets too dark to see anything.

Elvaans can see in the dark as long as they have some sort of starlight or moonlight (a torch is fine too :smalltongue: ), albeit not perfectly.

Nu
2007-11-16, 06:59 PM
It is early evening, though it will be several hours before the sun sets. Given a brisk pace, you should be able to reach the tomb in less than an hour.

Knowledge (local) or (history) DC 10 or if you live on San d'Oria, you should know this anyway:
King Ranperre's tomb is in a large graveyard in southeast Ronfaure. It is the site of mass burials from both the Crystal War and the San d'Orian civil war.

Knowledge (local) or (history) DC 15
There is a massive expanse of catacombs that run beneath the graveyard. The area has had problems with beastman vandals given the decline in San d'Oria's power and the subsequent lessening of the guards that oversee the area.

XiaoTie
2007-11-25, 08:21 AM
I need to know if we go ahead to the tomb now, or if the others want to wait because of how "late" it is. Wouldn't like to post something causing the others to do something they didn't wanted to.

Oh, and I explained on the OOC thread why I wasn't posting

Galadan

"Well then, what are we to do now comrades ?". Galadan was quite anxious to start his next mission, "Two in my first day!", he thought while looking to the sky for a few seconds waiting his comrades to answer.

darkmist83
2007-11-26, 10:06 AM
Zander

"I'm all for heading to the tomb now. If it gets dark, we'll make camp somewhere."

Laxalife
2007-11-27, 08:24 AM
Ariuath

Then its agreed. We shall go to the tomb.
Ariuath motions for the other two to follow him, as he heads towards the tomb.
rolling for knowledge San'doria[roll0]

He stops for a moment and thinks.....Does anyone know where it is? should we ask the guards for directions?

Nu
2007-11-28, 12:35 PM
Arpevion seems to notice your hesitation, and moves over again to offer advice. "The quickest and easiest way to Ranperre's Tomb would be to head out Eastgate and follow the road south, and then take the eastern fork when it breaks into two," the temple squire adds helpfully.

XiaoTie
2007-12-03, 01:06 PM
Galadan

"Thank you sir", he replies to the guard and starts moving along with his two partners.

"What do you think", he starts talking with an inquiring tone as they begin to walk towards the tomb, "that this trouble on the area is related to, comrades?"

His mind could not conceive more than the usual mindless orc, or perhaps a wildman of some sorts, nothing more than that. Or so he hoped after remembering the tales his mother told him about the War.

darkmist83
2007-12-04, 11:21 AM
Zander

"My bet is it's robbers or treasure hunters wanting to search his tomb for anything worth a coin. he says as they proceed on their way to the tomb.

XiaoTie
2007-12-05, 09:20 AM
Galadan

After wondering for a few seconds what had led bandits to defile the tombs other than some gold, he replies to Zander with somewhat of a dim smile on his face, “Well, lets all hope it is just that and head there to kill some orcs”.

He didn’t knew it they were actually orcs or some sort of wildman, but he hoped that they were indeed orcs, because every true elvaan must enjoy killing as many orcs as possible, specially if they were invading King Ranperre's grave site.

Nu
2007-12-07, 04:29 AM
East Ronfaure
Music selection: Ronfaure (http://www.mediafire.com/?f0jmygn4xzx)

The road south is long and winding, and there's a good distance to cover before reaching the tomb. The air is still and heavy, with only the sound of insects breaking the afternoon silence. The path appears clear, but from either side of the road the forest blocks your views.

XiaoTie
2007-12-07, 08:40 AM
Galadan

OOC: *I have no idea of how far it is from the eastern exit of San d'Oria to the tomb area. The maps have no scale “rules” :smalltongue:

With the night approaching at every step, Galadan embraced himself with his cloak to protect himself of the likely upcoming cold winds that the night usually brings. He kept striding towards King Ranperre's Tomb. "If we are quick enough we might just get there before the night has ended*".

The silence was too loud to the elvaan warrior’ long and pointy ears, "Hum, what you were doing before comrades? I mean, before we started adventuring.", he spoke loud enough to be heard by his comrades, but not to startle any small animals that were already having forty winks by now.

Nu
2007-12-15, 01:57 AM
The air is abuzz with the sound of cicadas, but otherwise, there is little indication that any sort of life is in the forest. It would take slightly over an hour to journey from San d'Oria to the tomb site along the main road

OOC:
I'm kinda guessing that only XiaoTie is active in this game now? I'm sorry, but unless there's some kind of activity from Laxalife and darkmist in the next day or so, I'll start looking into replacing them.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-29, 11:48 PM
much needed bump :smallwink:

Nu
2007-12-30, 04:27 AM
OOC:
Apologies, but now Zander and Ariuath are being removed for inactivity, and replaced by Avesodine, Touric, and Shelolo. The three newcomers were initially at King Ranperre's Tomb on the same assignment as the others: to investigate the area for signs of intruders.

Stretching for as far as the eye can see in either direction is a 20 ft high metal fence that is rather pointed at the top, and in some places is partially backed by stone outcroppings. A gate stands at one end, and in front of it stands an elvaan guard speaking to a trio of others: another elvaan, a hume, and a tarutaru. At your approach, the guard waves and calls out to you, "Hail, travelers! Am I to assume you are the adventurers from the city? What good timing." After saying this, he turns to face Avesodine, Touric, and Shelolo. "Well, it seems like a good idea to divide our forces with a group this large." Looking over again at the approaching trio of Galadan, Zander, and Ariuath, he motions for them to gather up as he begins to explain, "As you all may or may not know, this is the tomb site of the great dragon king, Ranperre. It is as much a memorial for our past era of strife as it is for the great King himself, as well as a monument to the unity and peace he restored to our then-troubled kingdom. It's not a surprise that it has become a target for beastman vandals and thieves. Our guard around the tomb has been very effective in the past years, but recently it has become more difficult with increasing beastmen activity at the far reaches of San d'Orian territory demanding more attention from both the royal and temple knights. There were some reports by visitors of strange tracks and markings in the tombs, but our initial search turned up nothing. So now, we are here to conduct a more thorough investigation. You two," he points to Zander and Ariuath, "will accompany me south, and the remaining four will explore the eastern area. If you encounter any beastmen--probably goblins or orcs, you may use whatever force necessary to defend yourselves and the grave site from harm. However, it'd be best if at least one was kept alive for questioning, so we know what they're after. Is all of this clear?"

XiaoTie
2007-12-30, 06:52 AM
Galadan

“Hum, a tarutaru, dad said something about most of them being quite the talkative little fellas. Well, if that’s true at least now I won’t spend any time talking to myself”

It takes sometime for him to fully acknowledge what the guard was saying. Galadan just stood there as he was speaking but his eyes were looking into, well, into nothing in particular. It was clear that he wasn’t there for a few moments, with thoughts popping in his brain wondering what kind of life the tarutaru had lived in order to be there with San d’Orians; maybe he was a merchant’s son, or a soldier’s son like himself.

Whatever it was the truth, wondering about the possibilities kept Galadan from fully understanding the guard. Nevertheless he nodded when the guard had finished, “Understood, sir!”

Deathslayer7
2007-12-30, 02:10 PM
Shelolo

Lets go then, Shelolo says as she tugs at Galadan, We dont wantaru to be here when the nasty-wasty goblins come.

I'm Shelolo she says to her group. Who are you guys-why? she asks as she sadly walks down the path toward the eatern area of the tomb site.

She never liked graveyards. But she wondered if any of the others might be scared. Possibly, she thought, but it would be for the best if she stuck to the orders.

Red= talk
Italized Red = thoughts

Ghal Marak
2007-12-30, 03:44 PM
Avesodine

“Yeah, yeah I understand." He then mock saluted the guard as they left.

He looked down at the tarutaru and laughed at her actions. “A handful of goblins are no match for us, and especially not me!” He flashed a winning grin, virtually exuding confidence, and bent down to whisper to her. “Don’t worry, if things go bad I’ll have your back.” Standing straight again, he regarded the other members of their little group. “As for my identity, I am Avesodine. Some of you may have heard of me." He crossed his arms and smiled smugly as he watched their faces for their reaction.

XiaoTie
2008-01-02, 10:02 AM
Galadan

Galadan nodded after the commentary made by the small tarutaru. “I wonder if the little one is a he or a she, I can never tell. Mom said that the difference between them is clear as a crystal lake, but I guess it is because she saw so many of them during the War”. He spent the next few seconds wondering about that, and about how he would talk to the tarutaru without letting her know that he could not tell if she was a guy or a girl, it could certainly offend the small one.

He returns from his daydreaming as Avesodine makes his final remark. Galadan raises his left eyebrow nearly to the limit, and at the same time he lowers the right one a little bit. That person could not be as famous as he said, otherwise he wouldn’t be put among other two beginners. He looks to Shelolo, and then back to Avadine, then, with a calm voice. “No, I don’t know you, sir. Never heard that name, and my mom told me stories about all the famous adventurers and their tales, as well as tales about the years of the War”.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-02, 07:51 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine's face fell as hard as a stack of bricks. "Wha... but.. I..." Recovering quickly, he smiled again and shrugged. "What I meant to say, is that your mother is obviously not as well learned as you had thought." His smile suddenly turned to a look of worry as he realized what an insult he had said. Oh, wait. That came out wrong. What I meant was... actually just forget it." He looked away, confounded by his inability to recoup from the blow his ego took.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-02, 09:21 PM
Shelolo giggled at the funny conversation they were having. She then realized that the Elvaan still hadn't said what his name was.

Turning around, she got right in front of him and said, You still have notaru told us your name. A little angrily about not knowing who they were traveling with.

She stamped her foot impatiently as she waited for an answer.

XiaoTie
2008-01-03, 04:11 PM
Galadan

The tall elvaan smiled and laughed a bit when he saw the way Shelolo reacted. He then made a simple bow towards her and Avesodine, “I am Galadan Allieu, son of Giriae and Aeollane. Like my parents did on their time, I am hoping to serve our great elvaan kingdom”, he laughed once more and continued, “hopefully I’ll write about my adventures, and yours if we continue together. And then, perhaps, mister Avesodine will be known on all the three kingdoms”.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-03, 10:17 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine grunted. "As long as I trump my father." He had a distant look about him, like he was reliving a memory that was not particularly pleasant.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-04, 01:03 PM
Shelolo

Shelolo looked directly at Galadan as he gave his name. He made his name sound so compicated that Shelolo rolled her eyes.

Well Galadan she says I'm so very-merry happy to see you.

Serve their kingdom; be well known. Looked as if they were adventuring for glory. She hoped that they would get what they wanted.

Nu
2008-01-07, 05:25 AM
OOC:
Nevermind!

The two elvaan and the hume head off to the south, leaving the four of you to yourselves.

The path east is narrow, and the sun has begun to set on the horizon. Vegetation here is noticeably sparser, and the overall feel is rather gloomy-quite fitting for a grave site. Tall, metal fences surround the corridor-like eastern area, and from here you can't tell for how long the corridor continues.

Xian
2008-01-07, 01:31 PM
Lost in studying the massive gate, the hume snaps to as if out of a daze. "Sorry, I seemed to have gotten lost in thought. My apologies. I'll come with you if necessary, but are you sure that three will be enough if they run into trouble?" Directing his attention to the others, he introduces himself. "My name is Touric, and I'm a white mage. I apologize for my inattention; once in a while I get lost in thought and this gate caught my interest at the moment. I hope I didn't come off as rude."

I apologize for the late intro. I somehow missed the signal to start in the recruitment thread, but I'm here now and subscribed and looking forward to a good time!

Nu
2008-01-08, 02:50 AM
OOC:
In that case, welcome. No problem about the lateness, just some confusion all-around. I'll retcon that so that you didn't get assigned with the other elvaan, you'll be back with the main team.

XiaoTie
2008-01-08, 11:10 AM
Galadan

He hadn’t been around his two former comrades for long, but he was a bit sad in having to come apart from them. Except the hume mage, despite seeming to be a nice guy he was far too hasty; hopefully this new mage was going to be less hasty.

“Pleased to meet you mister Touric, I am Galadan Allieu”, he looks to the tarutaru and remembered when she rolled her eyes because of his introduction, and then laughed. “I think it would be best if we hurried up, by now we could even be a little late”.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-08, 05:44 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine grinned. "I concur! Lateness will not look good to our employers." Avesodine nodded at Touric. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance good sir."

Deathslayer7
2008-01-08, 10:06 PM
Hurry-wurry then! Shelolo called to them as she started walking ahead of them. In due time, they caught up with her, and it took her two strides for every one they made just to keep up with them.

XiaoTie
2008-01-10, 09:47 AM
Galadan

Galadan tries his best to remain focused on the road to the tomb; it was more likely the worst time to let the mind go astray amidst daydreams. In order to do so he kept humming a slow paced tune taught by his mother for that exact purpose.

He didn’t knew much, but the basics were engraved on his mind through his father’s training “I hope you don’t mind if I take a lead here”, he makes a small pause and then quickly adds “in the path that is. Since I could be able to keep any attackers busy while you can whip any kind of spell you think is more suited”. He makes an effort to keep a calm voice, but a string of anxiety could be noticed on his voice by the more perceptive ones.

OOC: If the replies are positive Galadan will walk in front of the group, to distract any possible enemies

Xian
2008-01-10, 01:03 PM
Touric

"That's all well and good, but I don't think I would contribute much; my spells are mostly defensive and healing. For example, since you're volunteering to take the lead..." he says, trailing off and approaching Galadan. He reaches out to him, chanting faintly as energy coalesces around him. At the finish of the spell, a crystalline egg of hexagons flashes around Galadan before fading from view. "Now you're protected. It's like you have your own personal shield that you don't need to hold or wield. It doesn't last forever, though, so be careful."

((Protect on Galadan; +2 AC for the next hour.))

Deathslayer7
2008-01-10, 02:32 PM
Shelolo

Fine by me. Shelolo says as she continues to walk with them. I-Y might be small, butaru i can do magic.

A mischevious smile spreads across her face. Underestimating her would be the last mistake people made before they saw her. Her shortness added to her innocent impression too,but she could deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Those who underestimated her were usually sent home with their tail in between their legs.

Speaking of tails,it reminded her of a Mithra she saw once. A even bigger smile came to her.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-10, 07:27 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine looked put out, but he never the less nodded his accent to Galadan's decision. "Sure, sounds good to me."

Nu
2008-01-11, 01:33 AM
At the end of the fenced corridor is a much wider, but still fenced-in area. Immediately in front of you is the entrance to a large, stone mausoleum, ebony in color and regal in style. This is probably not just the final resting place of many of the San d'Orian heroes of the Crystal War, but also one of the many buildings in which the relics of San d'Oria's past have been stored and documented. Such sites are reasonably popular among tourists to San d'Oria. These tombs are also extremely important to the Church of Altana and the Temple Knights, who often come to pray for and pay respects to the departed valiants.

It is apparently built into the side of a large hill, which means it might even be larger than it first appears (though it is already intimidatingly massive). Two large wooden doors mark the entrance. Past the mausoleum to the southeast is another fenced corridor, though the gate to it is closed.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-11, 01:43 AM
Avesodine

As the Tomb came into view, Avesodine whistled. "Wow, I've never actualy seen it before now. Classy."

Deathslayer7
2008-01-11, 10:18 AM
Shelolo

As she saw the mausoleum from afar, she though it was small. As she came closer, she knew she had misjudged it. It was far bigger than any graveyard shes seen in her own hometown. Such magnificence and splendor would only be owned by the most wealthy tarutaru, and even then, it couldn't match the size of this one. She stared at it, keeping silently to herself. She also wondered if their might be something of value inside, and if their was, who else knew of what was in their. She had best be catious, least they catch them off guard.

Xian
2008-01-11, 01:40 PM
Touric

The scene is a little unsettling for Touric, as he dislikes the idea of being surrounded by death that he cannot cure.

"Where do you think that other gate leads?" he asks, indicating the one to the southwest.

XiaoTie
2008-01-11, 02:32 PM
Galadan

Galadan stood in awe in front of the massive doors, he felt ashamed when he realized that he was not able to describe what he was feeling, and even more when a voice on the back of his mind reprehended him for never having visited an important place for his kin like this one, “A true elvaan would have been here at least a dozen times

Alas, it was his own voice, and there was nothing he could do to silence it. He lowered his head as he moved towards the gate, not daring to look up. “Whatever it is sir Touric, we won’t be able to find out now, unless our mission leads us there”, he tried his best to keep his usual friendly tone, and still not daring to look up Galadan turned to his comrades, “Should we go and check the gate sir Touric mentioned ?”. He keeps his eyes and ears wide open in case any beastman decides to sneak up on them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathslayer7
2008-01-11, 02:53 PM
I w-honestly dont know. Sheolo said in a quiet voice. She was disliking this by the minute. We might be more effective if we split up, not that i want too she hastily added. But I'm not afraid.

There might be something important inside, there might not. We are supposed to be searching after all.

XiaoTie
2008-01-11, 06:00 PM
Galadan

The elvaan looks around as if trying to get any ideas on how to proceed, “I would rather take more time in searching, splitting up is hardly ever a good idea, specially when heading into a place that may be dangerous”.

He looks around once more, and reluctantly looks up to the massive gates, heading towards them and reaching for one of the huge doors, trying to open them.

Xian
2008-01-11, 06:54 PM
Touric

Touric follows Galadan through the doors, helping him to open them if need be.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-11, 08:55 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine watched as Galadan tried to open the gate, smiling. "That sounds like a good idea to me. Lead the way."

EDIT: @XaioTie- Ah, got it. I couldn't tell if it was a thought or not. :smallsmile:

XiaoTie
2008-01-11, 09:29 PM
OOC: Just a heads up, things in italic are Galadan's thoughts. So no insult there. It happens because he doesn't feel much elvaan for not having lived in the kingdom itself. :smalltongue:

Nu
2008-01-12, 04:25 AM
OOC:
Clarification; I think I know but I wanna be sure: are you attempting to open the doors to the mausoleum, or the gates to the southeast?

XiaoTie
2008-01-12, 08:08 AM
OOC: To the mausoleum

Nu
2008-01-13, 03:59 AM
The doors to the mausoleum open rather noisily; apparently they are in need of some lubrication. Inside is a grand hall, decorated regally with ornate cream-colored marble pillars attached to the floor (made of the same material). There is red-and-gold carpeting covering the walking paths, and upon your opening of the door, three large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling flared to life, illuminating the room in all of its splendor.

To the east and west are smaller doors that apparently lead to other sections of the mausoleum on this level, and far down the hall to the south is an archway that apparently overhands a set of stairs that goes downward.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-13, 05:32 PM
Shelolo

After the screeching noise of the doors finally stop as they finish opening, Shelolo is amazed at what she sees inside. They are inside a big room with multiple chandeliers and columns. Other ways are everywhere. You might get easily lost she thought.

Where to now she asks.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-13, 06:05 PM
Avesodine

Avesodin nodded approvingly. "Very classy." He stepped inside and looked around some more, then turned to his companion. "What were we suppost to do here again? I wasn't really listening to that guardsman back there." He looked sheepish as he said this, as he was pretty sure he was suppost to listen to their mission.

XiaoTie
2008-01-13, 07:54 PM
Galadan

Looking around the awe inspiring chamber the elvaan’s jaw literally dropped; it remained that way for a few seconds until he closed his mouth to follow his comrades.

He understood some of what the last guard told them, adding it to what he heard from the guard on the outpost he figured they would simply have to look around, “I guess we’ll just have to look around, comrades. Be aware for anything suspicious”. Galadan then headed towards the archway hoping to see something, or at least how far down the stairs would go.

[roll0]

Nu
2008-01-14, 06:51 AM
The stairs go down quite a bit. It appears that this mausoleum also extends underground. It's dark down there though, as if there is lighting, it hasn't been activated yet.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-14, 11:18 AM
Avesodine

Avesodine wandered over to the eastern door and stood infront of it. "...Well, here goes." He stepped up and tried to open the door.

Xian
2008-01-14, 01:51 PM
Touric

"This is beautiful. More of an entry hall to a mansion than a tomb," marvels Touric. He walks over Avesodine, his unease forgotten in the splendor, interested in seeing what's behind the door.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-14, 09:30 PM
Shelolo will go a different way also.

Yell or something if you are in trouble she says to the rest of the group.

Nu
2008-01-15, 05:21 AM
Avesodine opens the eastern door with no trouble at all. The passage is another corridor decorated much like the one you just exited, except with no pillars and paintings of the past members of San d'Oria's royal family hanging on the walls. Each piece is labeled with the name of the piece, the name of the elvaan, the year the piece was made, and the years of that The lineage of the royal family d'Oraguille traces back five centuries, and thus there are paintings lining the walls for at least two hundred feet to the east. Often, several paintings are dedicated to each individual, representing that person's various accomplishments. The carpet cuts to the north at the end of the hallway, perhaps leading to another door.

Much like the room you just entered, chandeliers light up as the door opens, and they hang from the ceiling, spaced out evenly to provide adequate illumination to the entire hall.

Xian
2008-01-15, 11:15 AM
Touric

"Exquisite," he says, marveling at the paintings. "I don't think we have anything like this in Bastok."

Ghal Marak
2008-01-15, 12:26 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine started walking down the hall, examining all the paintings. "Is that so? What's it like in Bastok? I must profess to never visiting the place."

XiaoTie
2008-01-15, 12:59 PM
Galadan

Despite preferring go down the archway, for it seemed at first sight a more ‘adventurous’ site and a place where it was more likeable place for the beastmen to hide, Galadan followed Touric and Avesodine, hasting his pace so he could be in front of the two in order to protect them from a direct hit.

Like it happened in the entrance of the Mausoleum he partially avoided looking directly to the awe-inspiring pictures for more than a few seconds. He silently passed by Touric and Avesodine, keeping an eye on anything that seemed out of place.

OOC: If Shelolo goes towards the other closed door Galadan will call for her to join them:

IC: “Master Shelolo, I think it would be better if we all remained together”, after that Galadan silently passed by Touric and Avesodine, keeping an eye on anything that seemed out of place.

Xian
2008-01-15, 02:33 PM
Touric

"It's quite different. We're in a desert, really, so the scenery isn't quite as lush as it is here in San d'Oria, but regarding our architecture, it's a bit rougher and more utilitarian. Since we don't have many trees, we do a lot of building with stone. The result is that our buildings are a rather uniform white color and all have a sort of cave-like feeling. We keep everything well illuminated, however, so nothing feels truly like a cavern, just more of a suggestion of one. I fear I'm making it sound so unpleasant, but the homes are really rather nice, and the stone keeps them cool in the hotter months.

"There is a definitive sense of style, but there's a lot of focus on functionality over accouterments, so while The Metalworks, where our head Engineer Cid works, have a grand presence to them (including an interesting automated lift system), there is little in the way of excess decoration.

We also have a mostly Hume and Galka population. There are some Elvaan there and a few Taru-Taru, but not many Mithra. Do you have many other races here? Elvaans are obviously the majority, and there's our Taru-Taru here, but what about Galka and Mithra?"

Ghal Marak
2008-01-15, 04:17 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine nodded as he inspected the paintings. "I wouldn't have the slightest idea. I've not been in a position to judge over the last few years. But I must say, Bastok sounds fascinating. I might go and visit it one day." He noticed Galadan move past him and thought that was being a little overly protective, but decided to keep it to himself.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-15, 11:09 PM
Shelolo

Seeing the others all follow Avesodine, she quickly follows in watching the groups back. At the sight of all the paintings, she is astonished that such profound art is rotting away in such a place. Maybe they had good reasons for it she thought. Yet to her, it was an amazement. I have never seen so many paintings in my life she says out loud, more to herself than the others.

[roll0] listen
[roll1] spot

OOC:

Having trouble with GITP, new post dont really show up when i type the link in the browser. Have to go to the forums and refresh the page to see what new posts are up. Becoming very annoying I might add. Also the reason why I haven't responded till now.

Nu
2008-01-16, 11:52 PM
Everything in this room appears perfectly orderly as you pass through it. The paintings are remarkably well-kept and meticulously organized. Once you reach the eastern edge of the room, the path cuts north to another doorway.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-17, 12:16 AM
Avesodine

Avesodine stoped at the door. "Well Galadan, by all means lead the way. We will be at your back." Avesodine smiled and crossed his arms.

XiaoTie
2008-01-17, 06:31 AM
Galadan

The elvaan walked through the room in silence. Instead of humming to keep his mind from slipping into thoughts Galadan now searched every corner and every wall for any sign of beastmen. "I may not be much of a true elvaan, but they will not be getting away after desecrating this mausoleum".

He nods after the rather imposing elvaan comment, walking towards the doorway and reaching for it while trying to open.

I mean, nearly 7 feet tall. If I knew that by the time they first met it would have been a bit different :smallbiggrin:

Ghal Marak
2008-01-17, 10:51 PM
Eh? Oh, that. I had thought that Elvaan are tall. Is that not true?

EDIT: And anyway, that's a holdover from when I was considering making Avesodine a melee guy. I had forgotten to bump him down a bit.

XiaoTie
2008-01-18, 08:49 AM
Eh? Oh, that. I had thought that Elvaan are tall. Is that not true?

EDIT: And anyway, that's a holdover from when I was considering making Avesodine a melee guy. I had forgotten to bump him down a bit.

They are, I just didn't knew he was elvaan at the time :thog:

Nu
2008-01-19, 06:15 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything out of place in this room. It looks like this investigation could take some time.

The door opens easily again. This is another room with the same basic setup; chandeliers that light up upon entry, carpeted marble floor, and pillars. This room appears to store old armor, weapons, and tabards of the Royal Knights. They are placed on wooden armor and weapon stands. They appear to be well-kept and polished neatly, and they are labeled in a such a fashion that makes them appear to be placed in chronological order--the oldest and original armor designs are placed at this end of the hallway, while they steadily get newer as you go north. The hallway goes on for quite a bit, and at the end of this hallway are a large set of marble stairs going upward, spiraling towards the center of the mausoleum.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-19, 10:29 PM
Shelolo

Looks like people actually take care of this place. I would hate to work here. Shelolo said in a distasteful voice. She disliked graveyards, and all those amazing portraits didnt help ease her mind. Think there might be any wobby-gobbies hiding beyond? she asked.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-19, 11:58 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine stepped forward and poked his head through the doorway. "Huh, sure doesn’t look like it." He stepped through and stopped by the other side of the door. "Well, may we proceed?"

XiaoTie
2008-01-22, 08:35 AM
Galadan

“It would be a good idea”, and he walked through the hallway towards the staircase trying to listen for any suspicious sound while doing so.

[roll0]

Xian
2008-01-22, 07:33 PM
Touric

"So our choices are either up or down, is it? Shall we go up here, or back to the entry and go down?"

Nu
2008-01-23, 07:38 AM
The mausoleum is eerily still. The magic chandeliers continue to function normally, and upon approaching the steps that lead upward, you can see that immediately at the top is a pathway that cuts to the right, marked with a portrait of the current head of San d'Oria's Royal Knights, Lord Rahal. One might notice that a slight widening of the passage going back to the center of the mausoleum, suggesting that there is something larger ahead, just up the stairs.

XiaoTie
2008-01-24, 11:18 AM
Galadan

“Since we are already here, we might finish searching this area comrades”, he said while taking the first steps on the staircase that would eventually lead him to the upper layer of the mausoleum. Still not sure what he could find he kept his eyes wide open while going up, with his right hand constantly on the hilt of his sword.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-24, 07:03 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine followed Galadan up the stairs, close on his heels. He was eager to see more wonders of the tomb.

Nu
2008-01-25, 03:53 AM
OOC:
I figure this little expedition might be getting a bit tedious, but bear with me, we're almost to something important!

Up the stairs and to the west is a much larger, upstairs chamber that is almost like a museum exhibit. And it's easy to see why: this appears to be a room dedicated to the legendary artifact, Lightbringer.

Common knowledge:
Lightbringer is a sword used by the dragon king Ranperre. The threat of this sword was said to have single-handily and bloodlessly ended the San d'Orian civil war in the pre-Crystal War era.

DC 15 Knowledge (history)
The sword is said to be buried somewhere in Ranperre's tomb, but the exact location is kept secret in order to protect the artifact and prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. It is undoubtedly guarded by many layers of magical traps or other such security measures.

DC 20 Knowledge (history)
Orcs were apparently looking for the sword when they sacked Tavnazia in the Crystal War, though it is unknown as to why the orcs were searching for it at such a remote location. At any rate, it seems that the orcs are aware of the blade's existence and want to get their hands on it.

Though the sword is not actually in this chamber, there is large-scale replica of the blade sitting in a glass case near the northern wall, and the walls are covered with paintings of Ranperre wielding the sword in battles against the orcs and even against other elvaan in the great civil war. On the south wall, on a pedestal, next to an especially large picture of the dragon king sitting upon a throne with Lightbringer at his side, is a thick tome that is opened to somewhere in the middle. The pages read in elvaan script, though from here you can't make out what's written therein.

There are other various statues of the dragon king spread throughout the exhibit, all of them depicting Ranperre with his legendary sword. The chamber is lit by still more of the chandeliers that lit upon you reaching the top of the stairway, though there is one especially large one hanging over the center of the chamber.

Xian
2008-01-25, 11:14 AM
Touric

"Beautiful! This is a tomb?"

Deathslayer7
2008-01-25, 06:35 PM
Shelolo

As Shelolo entered the room, she let out a low whistle. Scupltures and other magnificent artifacts were displayed. When she caught sight of the tome, she headed there. Upon approaching it she will try to see what it reads. But failing (if Elvaan) she will say. Want to translate what this says? to whoever is Elvaan.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-25, 08:38 PM
Avesodine

"Sure, I'll do it." Avesodine walked over to the tome and stood before it. He really wanted to inspect the statues more closely, but he decided that it could wait. They were statues after all. He started reading the tome, making sure to read aloud for Shelolo as he went.

Nu
2008-01-27, 04:36 AM
This book details the deeds of the great elvaan, Ranperre the dragon king. The book appears to be opened to the chapter that describes where Lightbringer was put to rest after the dragon king's death. It mentions that the catacombs beneath the mausoleum not only hold the individual grave sites for many of San d'Oria's greatest knights, but also that of the dragon king himself and the resting place of Lightbringer. It is not specific on its location, however, only that it is somewhere in the network of catacombs beneath the mausoleum. Of particular importance is the mention of a dragon guarding the king's grave. A short note on the next page over describes that the dragon king defeated a great wyrm and, in exchange for the wyrm's life, it entered a pact with the elvaan to forever guard his grave site. If the wyrm was to die, the responsibility would pass on to its descendants.

When Avesodine reads from the tome, he also notices a small, glinting piece of metal on the ground near the pedestal. It seems out of place, and after staring at it a second, it appears to be a piece of scale mail. Which is strange, because there are no actual suits of armor in this room.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-27, 02:43 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine finished reading and turned to Shelolo. "There. Now, if you will excuse me, something has caught my intrest." Avesodine turned to look again at the piece of metal, then bent down and picked it up. "...Hey, Galadan! What do you make of this?" He held it in his palm for all to see.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-27, 04:18 PM
Shelolo

Looks like someone was here. Think they might still be here? she asked. And from the looks of it, it looks pretty new. Think they might be after the sword? Its best if we continue onwards I think.

XiaoTie
2008-01-27, 05:42 PM
Galadan

Galadan stays on the back, holding the excitement for being close of such an important book for his kind, but not only for that; the Sword and the King were present in quite a few tales he heard from his mother.

He then inspects the shard on Avesodine’s hand, which leads Galadan to unsheat his sword, quickly grabbing the shield on his back with the left hand right after that. “I think you found what we came here looking for sir Avesodine, or at least part of it. The trespassers could be near, we should do like master Shelolo said and keep searching”. He walks around the chamber looking for any other evidences that beastman were there.

Rolls
[roll0]

Xian
2008-01-28, 11:52 AM
Touric

"Hmm, that looks like a piece of armor. Strange. Back to that book, did I understand properly, that there's a wyrm guarding this tomb?"

Ghal Marak
2008-01-29, 06:39 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine nodded to Touric. "That is what the book said." He then looked thoughtful for a bit. "Well, the wyrm is probably sealed away far inside the mountain. Wouldn't do to have tourists blundering into it." He smiled and pocketed the piece of metal, turning back to Galadan. "So, what do we do now? Continue our investigation? Go back to the entrance and post a guard?"

Nu
2008-01-30, 07:11 AM
Galadan doesn't find much more of particular importance. Upon more thorough inspection of the metal fragment, it appears to definitely be a scale from a piece of scale armor. The finish around the edges, however, is worn down and rough. Apparently this armor has seen quite a bit of use. It's not the sort of thing you'd see San d'Oria's knights wearing, most likely.

XiaoTie
2008-01-30, 08:29 PM
Galadan

“I believe continuing with the investigation would be our best course of action, sir Avesodine; whoever left that piece of armor could still be around here somewhere, desecrating one of the hallowed places of our people”.

Galadan walked around for a few seconds as if looking for an idea, that came to him when he saw the archway from where the group entered, “Perhaps we should trace back our steps and search on the underground area of the tomb, going down that staircase on the entrance, or going through the other door. Unless of course if any of you would like to search this area a bit more, for I found not a single clue”.

Ghal Marak
2008-01-30, 08:41 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine nodded his head. "I agree. Lets go back to the entrance." However, he didn't move, but waited to see how everybody else voted.

Deathslayer7
2008-01-30, 09:32 PM
Shelolo

Shelolo sat there, listening to them argue. We are wasting precious moments she thought. I shall follow-ollow you then Shelolo said. The intruder might still be here, so it might be best if we were wary. I rather not split up, but we could cover more ground that way. Saying so only hesitantly.

Xian
2008-01-31, 12:16 PM
Touric

"If there's nowhere else to investigate up here, then perhaps yes we should go back downstairs. I agree with Shelolo that it would be best for us to stay together rather than split up."

Nu
2008-02-01, 10:32 AM
OOC:
So are you going back then? If you're still talking I don't mean to interrupt or rush you, but I wasn't sure if you were waiting for me or not.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-01, 02:26 PM
OCC:
Yeah, I guess we are heading back to the entrance. Oh, just letting you know, I'm going to be away for the weekend.:smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2008-02-03, 11:22 AM
unless of course we can still go forward.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-03, 02:56 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine turned and started walking back down the stairs. "Well, if we are all in agreement, lets move out."

OCC:Hey, I'm back! :smallsmile:

Nu
2008-02-04, 12:29 AM
OOC:
You could go forward more, but it's just a big loop that would eventually lead you back to the entrance anyway. The opposite hallway is an exhibit on the Temple Knights, much like the one on the Royal Knights you just passed.

Heading back down and around to the main chamber, you're again faced with the stairs, the two doors, and the exit. The stairs downward appear to go on for quite some distance, and upon approach, magical runes engraved into the walls activate, providing light to see that they continue down for a long time before fading into the darkness. From the distance, it definitely appears that this goes underground.

Xian
2008-02-04, 01:54 PM
Touric

"Shall we go down?"

XiaoTie
2008-02-04, 03:00 PM
Galadan

“We should, however let’s be careful when doing so”. Galadan goes down the staircase still with sword and shield in hand, keeping his ears alert to any strange sounds. The runes amazed him as they lit with his passage, but there was no time to that when wildmen were somewhere inside a sacred elvaan mausoleum, he could come back another day after this problem was solved.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-04, 07:51 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine followed Galadan down the stairs, hand on the hilt of his Shortsword. He didn't think he would use it any, but it never pays to be stupid.

Deathslayer7
2008-02-04, 09:21 PM
Shelolo

Intrigued by the runes, Shelolo was amazed by their presence in the mausoleum. It didn't seem fitting, yet somehow, it signified its magnificance. Trailing behind Avesodine, she followed quietly, keeping her magic at ready incase they should come across some unwelcomed or unexpected visitors.

Nu
2008-02-07, 09:05 PM
The stairs continue for a very long distance, but more light runes activate to light the way as you descend. Eventually, you reach the base of the stairs, and before you is a large set of ornately-carven wooden doors surrounded by worked stone. You are now quite likely somewhat deep underground, and by the elvaan script written on a plaque next to the doors, this leads to the expanse of catacombs beneath the mausoleum, where the heroes of San d'Oria's past are buried. The door is barred off, but it could be removed fairly easily and then opened, provided there isn't some other mechanism at work.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-07, 11:57 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine stopped and took in the sight. "Ah, the tomb proper. This is sacred ground from here on out, so tread lightly." Avesodine walked over to the door and examined the door in closer detail. "Huh... it looks like we can just... open it. Simple as that."

((Search [roll0]))

Xian
2008-02-08, 01:14 PM
Touric

"Well, now that we know there are intruders here, we should probably proceed a bit more carefully." With this, he presses his ear to the door to try and hear anything on the other side.

[roll0]

Deathslayer7
2008-02-09, 11:50 AM
Shelolo will look around the room for anything out of place or anything thats hidden. If she finds nothing unusal, she will go stand by Avesodine.

[roll0] spot
[roll1] search

XiaoTie
2008-02-09, 01:30 PM
Galadan

He eyes the white mage “That is what we have been saying, for quite a while”

If Galadan is not warned of traps or any weird mechanism that are to be hidden on the door, he will approach it and open it up, still with his shield and sword ready to strike the trespassers.

Nu
2008-02-12, 01:47 AM
The door is, from your searches, completely trap-free, and opens easily once the bar is removed. It reveals a fairly small cavern beyond. Runes similar to those you saw lighting the way to the stairs activate once the door is open, providing light to the area. The area is carved out of the stone, and stone arches outline two paths: one slightly to your right, and one slightly to your left. Both apparently lead to the same area; as they are both marked as leading to an exhibit of the resting place of the high-ranking officers of the Royal and Temple Knights that fell in the Crystal War (and were unable to be resurrected for whatever reason). The immediate area is not too big; barely 50' square, but the area beyond the arches appears to be much larger.

From here, you can see that there are more runes lighting the path ahead through both arches, and that the hall is quite wide (about 80 feet accross). There are grave markers along the outer wall, spaced about 20 feet or so apart and continuing as far as you can see. Besides the markers at the base which bears the name, rank, and a small snippet of information for each fallen warrior, there are patterns carved into the worked stone, showing where the caskets have been sealed away. They appear to be sealed in an upright position into the stone walls themselves.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-12, 04:21 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine strode through the doorway and into the tomb proper. He oppened his mouth to say something, but found that he was at a lack of words. So instead, he strode over to the nearest coffin to the door and read it outloud for the sake of those who didn't understand Elvaan.

Nu
2008-02-13, 03:56 AM
The grave marker reads:

T.K. Jiluainne
803-861 C. E.
General

Lady Jiluainne was inducted into the Temple Knights at a young age. She was an orphan taken in by the Church of Altana, and originally underwent training as an acolyte, but her skill with the sword soon rivaled that of the church's protectors. Jiluainne gained respect from her peers as her training as both a warrior and paladin earned her the rank of Temple Squire. It's unsurprising that she rose quickly even further in the ranks upon the onset of the Crystal War; Lady Jiluainne was appointed general of an elite division of Temple Knights within the first year of the war. Even as the beastmen closed in on San d'Oria itself, her unit struck key blows against the advancing horde and slowed their progress significantly.

Lady Jiluainne's valor and tactics earned her a place amongst the Allied Forces of Altana that marched northward, into the shadowed lands of Xarcabard. Though she and her troops fought valiantly, her entire unit was eventually overwhelmed by the demonic swarm that opposed Altana's blessed in the forsaken wastes of the north. However, her unit's sacrifice heavily contributed in distracting the Shadow Lord's armies long enough for the heroes of Vana'diel to infiltrate Zvahl Keep and put an end to the leader of the beastmen.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-14, 10:31 AM
Avesodine

Avesodine stepped back and looked at the others. "Did you catch all that?"

XiaoTie
2008-02-16, 10:51 AM
Galadan

Having read the grave marker as well Galadan left Avesodine’s question to the hume and to the tarutaru. Focusing on finding the trespassers he followed through the archway slightly to the right, ready to smite the wildmen.

Deathslayer7
2008-02-16, 08:24 PM
Cant post much computer broke. Just letting you all know.

Nu
2008-02-17, 02:18 AM
Galadan's sweep doesn't immediately turn up anything of note, but after moving forward a bit, he does stumble accross something out of place amongst the evenly-spaced graves. There is a giant bat lying on the ground, with its dried blood staining the surface below. This isn't exactly a fresh kill, as the dried blood indicates, but regardless it has occurred since the area was last checked by any San d'Orian citizen. It is lying on its stomach, and its back doesn't appear to be wounded at all, so the wound is probably on the creature's underside. Its wings are crumpled at its side, and its eyes are yellow and lifeless. It is lying unceremoniously in the center of the path, and apparently no effort was made to hide it.

OOC:
Note that "giant bat" may be a bit misleading as a title, it's a small-size creature. Its wingspan is about five or six feet, and its body roughly two or three feet. A lot bigger than your standard bat, but still fairly small compared to any of you.

Xian
2008-02-19, 04:27 PM
Touric

Seeing the creature, Touric kneels to examine it to determine how it was killed and approximately how long ago.

[roll0]

Ghal Marak
2008-02-19, 09:30 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine walked over and watched Touric at work.

Deathslayer7
2008-02-20, 10:42 AM
Shelolo

Upon seeing the dead bat, Shelolo grimaces. We might be too late she says to the group. It looks as if whoever was here has had enough time to get what they want. She becomes silent as Touric starts investigating the creature.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-20, 08:16 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine turned to Shelolo and shook his head. "Well, that may not be quite right. They might not have been able to get anything at all. I mean, they obviously don't value art, otherwise we would have noticied something amis by now."

Nu
2008-02-20, 08:52 PM
Upon turning the creature over and examining the wound, it becomes very obvious to Touric that this creature was stabbed with a small, bladed weapon in the gut and killed (possibly a knife, dagger, or short sword). The wound is consistant with a small piercing weapon. Given the condition of the dried blood, and the body temperature of the creature, Touric would estimate that at least a few hours have passed since the bat's demise.

Deathslayer7
2008-02-22, 09:35 PM
Shelolo

We must move quickly now. she says and starts off again.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-23, 10:30 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine looked around the tomb. "Where?"

Nu
2008-02-23, 10:54 PM
The path appears to loop back towards the entrance a bit further ahead, but it also branches out straight northward. It appears to be a narrow passage about 20' accross that leads further into the tomb, and though you can only make out the entrance from here, the lights inside suggest more of the arcane runes that light the pathway you are standing in. It is still quite far away and you can just barely see it from your current position around the slain bat.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-24, 10:33 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine looked around and noticed the opening across the room. "Ah, okay, I see it now. Lets go."

Xian
2008-02-25, 01:51 PM
Touric

"Well, whoever killed the thing clearly used a blade, probably a small one. It's also been dead for a little while, so unless whoever did this is on a regular patrol, they've long since left this immediate area."

Ghal Marak
2008-02-26, 10:31 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine turned back to the dead bat and Touric. "Is that so? Then we may still catch up with them further in, if they had not killed it on the way out." Avesodine took a few steps toward the way further in, then turned back to the rest and waited.

Deathslayer7
2008-02-26, 11:20 PM
Shelolo
Already on his heels, she quickly followed him.

Nu
2008-03-01, 04:56 AM
At the end of the path there is a smaller, short corridor, with a steel door at the end. The door has a lock on it, though you can't immediately tell whether or not it is locked. The corridor is carved into the area out of marble, and is about 15 feet tall and 30 feet wide. The doorway leads northward, the same direction as the previous door you passed through (and so proceeding would go even deeper into the tomb).

Deathslayer7
2008-03-01, 01:35 PM
Shelolo

What do you think is behind the door?

Ghal Marak
2008-03-01, 05:11 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine stepped up to the door and checked it. He turned around to face Shelolo and smiled. "I don't know, but we can find out." He then turned back to checking the door.

Nu
2008-03-02, 06:08 AM
The door is not locked, and seems just to be an ordinary steel door.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-02, 09:08 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine, finding the door unlocked, simply oppened it wide and looked through to the other side, not knowing to expect.

Nu
2008-03-03, 03:43 AM
This door opens into a short, narrow hallway (about 80 feet long and 10 feet wide) that leads to a slightly larger balcony (about 25 feet wide). In the middle of this balcony is some sort of plaque on a thick marble stand, and it appears to be overlooking a much larger area. Though you can't tell what exactly it's overlooking from way back here, there are large, glowing stones embedded in the rocky ceiling that illuminate the entire area. There is a simple, four-foot high steel railing lining the edge of the balcony.

Deathslayer7
2008-03-03, 11:37 PM
Shelolo
Shelolo will go to the balcony and look around to see what is below her. She will also read what the plaque says.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-04, 12:25 AM
Avesodine

"Hm, what have we here?" Avesodine walked over and read the plaque.

Xian
2008-03-04, 02:19 PM
Touric

Though also interested in the plaque, Touric decides to give Shelolo and Avesodine some room and goes to look over the balcony instead until they finish reading.

Nu
2008-03-05, 07:05 AM
The plaque reads in elvaan script,

Here lies the many fallen warriors of Altana, from the ranks myrmidon to simple squires. These brave souls gave their lives in the service of San d'Oria in both the Crystal War and the Great Civil War. May the light of Altana forever shine on them, and may their memories live on in the hearts of all who visit this monument.

Below the balcony, about sixty feet downward, are rows and rows of stone coffins, each marked at the head with a steel nameplate. The coffins stretch as far as you can see, and the cavern opens outward several hundred feet in each direction. While the above floors were dedicated to the higher ranking officers, these must be the tombs of the countless lower-ranking soldiers who were slain while in service.

There is also a simple, somewhat rickety steel ladder hanging on the right edge of the balcony, below the railing. It doesn't seem to be intended for the visitors to use, it is probably just for use by the keepers of the tomb.

OOC:
All right, I rolled some spot checks here, and since I believe Galadan is having computer issues at the moment and needs to be GMPC'd, here are the results:

Galadan notices something out of the corner of his eye when looking down below the balcony, and points it out to his comardes, "Er, there seems to be something strange over there." In the lower-left corner, below the balcony at a sharp angle, appear to be some fairly large metal cages (large enough to hold a Small-size creature) stashed away in a heap, as if placed just slightly out of the direct line of sight of onlookers.

Xian
2008-03-05, 07:16 PM
Touric

"Hmmm, that's interesting," he ponders. "I'd like to inspect these graves anyways."

He climbs down the ladder, giving a glance around on his way down for anything interesting or dangerous.

[roll0]

((Touric will head directly for the cages first, then inspect nearby gravestones. He will stop if the ladder seems too unstable to climb down, if he spots something that could be reasonably seen as dangerous, or is attacked.))

Ghal Marak
2008-03-05, 08:47 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine, having read the plaque walked over to the railings and watched Touric start to climb down. "Be carefull now. If you need our assistance just shout for us."

Deathslayer7
2008-03-06, 12:01 AM
Shelolo

After seeing Touric reach the bottom, Shelolo will head down the ladder also.

Nu
2008-03-06, 02:37 AM
The ladder holds, though a bit shakily, as Touric descends. There is no interference, and Shelolo follows shortly afterward. The first thing they'd probably notice from the cages is the smell. The cages were obviously used to hold something recently, and something that wasn't too keen on maintaining proper hygiene. The cages are littered with droppings of some sort, and the guano has slightly spilled out onto the ground surrounding the cages. The cages themselves are not very well built, and it'd be surprising if they actually contained any creatures for an extended amount of time.

Knowledge (nature) DC 15
It is very clearly the guano of giant bats, like the one you saw earlier.

The graves are simply marked with the name and rank of each fallen warrior, as well as their date of birth and date of death (and what battle they died in, if applicable).

Xian
2008-03-06, 02:25 PM
Touric

"Hey Shelolo, if we cleaned one of these out, we could use it to carry you around!" he says regarding the cages, with a massive grin spreading across his face.

Deathslayer7
2008-03-06, 09:06 PM
Shelolo

Good idea. At least then you could do a better job of being my slave. You would have a new bed. Like the idea don't you? Shelolo said countering Touric's small joke with her own small grin.

Any idea what could have been in these cages. Looks like some type of animal but what i don't know.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-07, 12:39 AM
Avesodine

Avesodine quietly laughed behind the back of his hand at Touric's joke, and at Shelolo's come back as well. "What did you two find?

Xian
2008-03-07, 12:20 PM
Touric

"Dirty cages and graves; there doesn't seem to be much else down here."

Deathslayer7
2008-03-07, 11:00 PM
Shelolo

Only some cages. Looks liked something lived down there. Whatever it was its gone now.Lets continue onward. We wasted enough time here.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-08, 04:22 PM
Avesodine

"Is there anywhere else to go?" Avesodine looked around the area for a door, other than the one they came in through of course.

Nu
2008-03-08, 08:15 PM
If there is a door, you can't see it from your current position. It seems that this grave site expands far into the distance in every direction (apart from the one from which you came in), with a very large number of coffins being all that occupies your view.

Deathslayer7
2008-03-09, 09:20 PM
Shelolo

She will go father in and look for a door.

spot: [roll1d20[/roll]

Nu
2008-03-14, 06:59 AM
It is quite some time before Shelolo can find anything other than more and more coffins, heading straight ahead. There seems to be an endless number in this area. However, finally, if she continues walking far, far out of the sight of her allies that are still above on the balcony, she will find:

The cavern narrows a bit on the horizon and what appears to be a cave mouth is blocked with a large wooden door.

OOC:
Didn't want to assume you'd wander too far from your comrades, but if you do, this is what you'll find.

Deathslayer7
2008-03-16, 11:08 AM
Shelolo

There's a door over here! she calls out.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-16, 11:45 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine jumped up from the spot he was laying on when he heard Shelolo. "Hold on! I'll be right there!" Quickly taking the ladder down, he raced over to her location.

Xian
2008-03-18, 02:43 PM
Touric

"That's great," replies the mage "But where exactly is 'here'? I can't see you anymore."

Nu
2008-03-19, 09:13 AM
Galadan will descend and stand next to Touric, making sure that none of the group wanders too far off alone. Further inspection of the door by Shelolo and Avesodine reveals that it is, in fact, a large wooden door that probably leads even further into the tomb. However, there is a large metal lock that, if engaged, would probably bar entrance to all but the most relentless invaders.

This path is straight north from the balcony, though you can't see the walls far to the east and west from here--there are just more caskets, and though there are lighting runes spaced evenly on the ceiling to illuminate the area, the place is just too darned big to see everything from here.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-19, 09:10 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine turned back to the direction of the balcony. "Hey, it's over here! Just head in this direction." He then turned back to the doorway infront of Shelolo and himself. He crossed his arm and pondered for a moment. "So Shelolo, you know how to open a lock? Might be nessisary."

Deathslayer7
2008-03-19, 10:13 PM
Shelolo

Grimacing at the lock, she hears Avesodine ask her if she can open a lock. She smiles weetly and says Why open a lcok when i can just burn it.

She will head down a path if there is a path to be followed.

Xian
2008-03-20, 03:09 PM
Touric

"A handy skill, to be sure," he says regarding Shelolo's lockpicking technique, "But if the door is locked, and on our side no less, wouldn't it be safe to say that any intruders did not come this way? Besides, I'm not so sure we should be desecrating and destroying a tomb, even if it is just the door."

Nu
2008-03-22, 03:52 AM
OOC:
From here, you can either head back, or go east, or west. Or you can mess with the door. There doesn't seem to be any difference going east or west from your current standpoint.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-22, 02:17 PM
Avesodine

Avesodine rubbed his chin, and then shrugged. "Well, we may not even need to get through here. There might be another way around." He walked over and experimentally tried the door to see if it was locked.

Nu
2008-03-27, 07:30 AM
The door is, in fact, locked. Avesodine's attempts at opening it don't seem to do more than jerk it forward a bit.

OOC:
Dammit, sorry about this wait. Completely my bad.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-28, 06:35 PM
Avesodine

He stepped away from the door and crossed his arms. "Hrm... Well, you could blast it, as you've said. But I don't think that it would be a good idea. It would disturb the dead here. On the other hand, it may be the only thing we can do." He scratched his chin again, then turned to look at Shelolo. "I guess just do what you feel is best. I won't loose any sleep over a busted door in a tomb."

OCC:I should appologize as well. I haven't been able to get online for a while. It should improve a little next week.