PDA

View Full Version : Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Pages : [1] 2

Nu
2007-10-22, 06:04 AM
Music selection: The Federation of Windurst (http://www.mediafire.com/?ecg23gt131y)

It is early in the afternoon on Earthsday, on the 23rd week of the year 884 C. E. (Crystal Era). There is a light wind saturating the fields of the Sarutabaruta region and the Federation of Windurst, and a clear sky allows the sun to sparkle on the clear water below the wooden planks and grassy platforms of Windurst Waters.

On the northeastern edge of waters, near the covered wooden bridge that leads to Windurst Walls, stands the Combat Caster Mokyokyo, clad in a lightweight green and tan uniform. She is a small tarutaru female with long, blueish hair and slightly orange skin. Standing nearby is the cardian automaton, the Four of Hearts, a standard-model cardian that wields a large quarterstaff and is presumably standing in as a representative from the government of Windurst and their adventurer's program. Though the cardian's expression is unreadable, Mokyokyo appears bright and cheerful, and her tarutaru face is constantly scanning the nearby area, as if she is looking for someone.

OOC:
Location: K-9 of (north) Windurst Waters, on an intersection between Windurst Walls, the Aurastery, the Mog Houses, and the rest of Windurst Waters.

A Combat Caster is leader of a Caster Company, the divisions of the War Warlocks that sees the most actual combat. The cardian is a standard messenger of the Federation, as these constructs carry out many duties for the government of Windurst (check the monster entry under constructs if you're unfamiliar with how they appear). You may enter as you please. Consult the map if you need help picking an area to enter from.

Orzorz
2007-10-22, 08:55 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

A male tarutaru with red hair and slightly tanned skin is stumbling through Windurst City. He is wearing a common khaki adventure suit, along with a set of sky blue cloak and beret. There is a bright tint of red on his face, appearently caused by alcohol.

"Oh my oh my, the sleepy potion* that Mistaru Captain gave me is really-lily powerful! I wonder where he gets it..." the tarutaru speaks to himself in a rather loud voice, with his eyes pinned on a piece of paper. At a closer look, that is a very rough map pointing to somewhere in Windurst City...held in reverse.

"Ouch!" The tarutaru exclaimed in surprise as he walks into something hard. He is now much awaken from his drunkness, and finds that he is completely lost, and had stumbled into a cardian. Seeing a female tarutaru next to the cardian, he assumes that she is the master."Sorry-worry, I hope I didn't hurt him," he pats lightly on the chestpiece of the cardian, "My name is Pushmi Pullyu, I am looking for this place where they let you become an adventurer. May you help me with it?"

He hands the map to the female tarutaru, still held in reverse.

*OOC:This 'sleepy potion' is just rum to dealt with 'airshipsickness' for passengers. Hope you don't mind me making this up.

Nu
2007-10-22, 12:34 PM
Mokyokyo moves forward to aid the apparently partially drunk tarutaru that had stumbled into her cardian companion, stretching her arms out to help. "Oh deary-weary, you look rough!" Once she realizes that the would-be adventurer had gotten ahold of himself, she steps back and straightens her uniform, and the cardian standing next to her speaks in an unusually high and melodic voice.

"yOu♥NeEdN't♥WoRrY.♥yOu♥DiD♥nOt♥DaMaGe♥ThE♥fOuR♥oF♥ hEaRtS." After the automaton says this, the Combat Caster smiles and looks up briefly at the cardian before returning her gaze to the tarutaru that had stumbled into them and addressing him.

"Adventurer? Well, it just so happens you bumped-thumped into the right people. You said your name was...sorry, I didn't quite catch it?"

Orzorz
2007-10-22, 06:04 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing that these two are the people that he is probably looking for, Pushmi Pullyu rolls up the map and stuffs it into his belt. He then pulls his cheek with both hands to further wake himself up.

With a cheerful smile, he took off his beret, helds it on his chest and bows to the female tarutaru and the cardian."I'm Pushmi Pullyu. Nice to meet you."

bchilders
2007-10-22, 06:11 PM
Kaaya walks in practically dragging Segomo by the arm. "Come on, aren't you a little bit excited? It's goin to be fun. We'll see new places, meet new people and experience all kinds of new things," Kaaya says trying to get Segomo as interested as she is.

She sees the trio of folks by the lake and strolls over. "Are you the one in charge of the adventurers? My name is Kaaya and this is Segomo and we're ready to adventure." She looks over to the cardian and exclaims, "You're pretty big, not as big as Segomo, but still pretty big. What's your name?"

PocketRocket
2007-10-22, 10:58 PM
Segomo is being dragged throughout Windurst City by Kaaya. He stands towering over the young, energetic feline creature. Kaaya keeps trying to convince him that this is going to be a great experience and that they would meet new people, and experience new things. He seems annoyed but in the back of his mind, is excited as the little one is. This is going to be interesting. I actually am pretty excited! he thinks.

Kaaya drags him to over to a tarutaru standing in the middle of the city.This must be the place to find adventure, huh? Kaaya begins to ramble on as she typically does to the small tarutaru and large cardian standing next to her. "Hello little one. Please excuse my friend. She tends to get excited very easily. Is this the place to find adventure?"

Nu
2007-10-23, 01:36 AM
"Yes-wes, you've all come to the right place!" Mokyokyo replies happily.

The cardian faces Kaaya and replies, "I♥aM♥tHe♥FoUr♥Of♥HeArTs.♥ThE♥pArLiAmEnT♥oF♥pAtRiAr ChS♥sEnT♥mE♥tO♥rEgIsTeR♥nEw♥AdVeNtUrErS."

With this, the cardian holds out one of its limbs (the one not holding its quarterstaff), and produces a rather long sheet of paper, and hands it to Mokyokyo. The tarutaru takes it in her hands and looks at the three gathered before her, nods, and begins to speak once more, "You three have heeded-weeded the call to adventure in the service of Windurstaru. You will adventure for your own gain, as well as the benefitaru of all the citizens of the federation. The five ministries of magic, in particular-wicular, have great need for the services of you adventurers, since the War Warlocks-Zorlocks are mostly inactive at this time. In fact, your first assignmentaru comes directly from the the Orastery. This is a command from minister Hakkuru-Rinkuru, for you to assist his colleague in an experiment in the Horutoto Ruins." With this, she offers up the sheet of paper in her hands to the three. It appears to be a map of East Sarutabarua, with a tower to the far east circled. "The experiment begins in about one hour-sour, so you have some time to meander if you please."

The cardian again extends its free limb, and floating above it are three yellow rings crested with a green jewel. "ThEsE♥rInGs♥ArE♥pRoOf♥Of♥YoUr♥StAtUs♥As♥An♥AdVeNtU rEr♥Of♥WiNdUrSt."

"Once you complete this assignment, you'll be officially-zofficially registered, and new opportunities will open up for you. As for a reward, you'll have to see the minister aboutaru that, he didn't seem to mention it." Mokyokyo finishes brightly.

OOC:
The Map: http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9298/windurstmission11er7.jpg
The primary exit to East Sarutabaruta is Leviathan's Gate in Windurst Woods, though you can also just go to West Sarutabaruta and head east.

Orzorz
2007-10-23, 07:12 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu listenes attentively as Mokyokyo briefs them about their first mission. He have had a few questions in his mind, but as soon as Four of Hearts produces the rings, Pushmi Pullyu got so fascinated by the scene, and bye-bye goes the questions.

"Amazing-blazing..." exclaimed Pushmi Pullyu, with his eyes are stuck on the rings. He takes a step forward, tip-toes, and slowly extends his right index finger to touch the rings. The moment his fingertip contacts with one of the rings, it resizes accordingly and slipped smoothly onto his finger.

bchilders
2007-10-23, 02:18 PM
"Wow you have a very neat voice," Kaaya says to the cardian. She acepts the ring and places it quickly on her finger and continues talking, barely even pausing to take a break.

Kaaya looks over to the fellow adventurer and says, "What's your name? I'm really looking forward to all that we are going to be doing together. This stuff about expirements and ruins seems like it will be loads of fun. I guess we're going to get to know each other very well after a while. Me and Segomo already know each other but it's always good to get to know new people. So what do you want to do before we have to go to the ruins?."

PocketRocket
2007-10-23, 04:00 PM
Segomo bows to the cardian and combat caster and accepts the ring. It seems to be a little small for his giant finger but as soon as he begins to slip it on, it expands and becomes form-fitting. There must be some interesting magic in this ring. I haven't experienced this type of magic before. Xandir explained a little about magic to me, and I saw a little of it in my journeys since I left, but never anything like this.

"Excuse me little one. What sort of magic exists in this ring you have given us?"

Segomo looks curiously at the ring and the combat caster, while also keeping Kaaya in his peripheral, always in his peripheral.

Nu
2007-10-23, 07:50 PM
"That ring-wing grants small enhancement to your brainpower-wower and agility," Mokyokyo explains. "It can also resize to fit any wearer-bearer, that's a fairly simple trick our talented casters can grantaru such items. But its main purpose is to mark your status-cadus as an adventurer in the federation's service. They're produced in mass quantities, so it's natural-catural the magic they hold is not very strong. However, greater rewards awaitaru should you continue to help make Windurst stronger!" This last bit is said with an encouraging smile.

Orzorz
2007-10-23, 09:38 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu points his head up and replys to Kayaa, "I'm Pushmi Pullyu. I hope we will all have a happy-yippy adventure together! Miss Kayaa and Mistaru Segomo, do you know where we can buy the things we need for adventuring? I am quite new-whew to Windurst City, and did notaru expect we have to start so fastaru..."

bchilders
2007-10-23, 10:22 PM
"Wow I sure am looking forward to those greater rewards. Thank you for your help, I'm sure our new group needs to head off and get prepared," with that Kaaya starts to head off.

Assuming Pushmi Pullyu is following she looks over and says, "You know I haven't been in Windurst city in some time but I'm sure we can find whatever we're looking for. What do you think we'll need and I can start asking around?"

PocketRocket
2007-10-23, 11:26 PM
Segomo bows to the combat caster. "Thank you very much little one. I feel as if I can think clearer already. This is truly a great gift and can't wait to see what further trinkets this city might bestow upon us". With that Segomo heads off beside Kaaya and Pushmi Pullyu.

"Well met Pushmi Pullyu. I'm sure we can find whatever we need throughout this vast city. Trust in Kaaya here. With how easily she finds herself speaking with others, I'm sure she can find us anything here. Lead ther way Kaaya"

bchilders
2007-10-24, 12:32 PM
After several minutes of not much luck with finding any shops but many interesting conversations later the group decides to make its way to the Harutoto Ruins.

OOC: We PMed and decided not to shop so I just decided to get us to the mission

Nu
2007-10-24, 09:03 PM
East Sarutabaruta
Music selection: Sarutabaruta (http://www.mediafire.com/?3j00ix0ndjz)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/Vanadiel/windurst1-1.jpg

The open plains of Sarutabaruta are easy on the eyes and quite a sight in the clear, sunny weather that currently shines down accross the open field. Though some mountains and a shoreline are immediately in your path and to the south respectively, to the north lies the open, rolling plains of Sarutabaruta, interrupted occasionally by a river, a dirt road, or a tropical tree. The air slightly humid due to the nearby bodies of water, but it's not so much that it's unpleasant.

Yagudo sightings on this end of Sarutabaruta are extremely rare, though some occasionally guard the road to Tahrongi Canyon to the far northeast. Goblin fishers are sometimes found near the rivers in this region, though it's a toss-up as to whether or not they are hostile.

The road that leads north forks off in two directions. By following the road east at the fork, and then north again when it turns, you can quickly reach the ruins entrance indicated on the map Mokyokyo showed you.

PocketRocket
2007-10-25, 10:46 AM
"Ok, So lets head to these ruins"
Segomo looks at the group and begins to take the lead out into the Sarutabaruta plains. "Looking at this map, it would seem that the best way to these ruins would be heading northeast. I believe we can go east here at this fork, then head north once we hit the next fork in the road. Pushmi, are you familiar with this area?"

bchilders
2007-10-25, 12:42 PM
"This sure is beautiful wouldn't to be nice just to walk around and take in the sites. I know we have a job to do, but it doesn't hurt wishing. I love being outdoors, just makes you feel at home. Doesn't this make you think of all the fun times we've had traveling around in the wild, Segomo?" Kaaya says all this while darting around looking at different flowers and bugs and pretty much anything she can set her eyes on.

Survival, spot, and search to see if anything is out of the ordinary or just to check things out and find something interesting:

Survival: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

PocketRocket
2007-10-25, 02:32 PM
"Yes, Kaaya. we have had some fun times out in these wilds. If only Xandir were still alive so we could visit him up in the canyons." Segomo laughs at Kaaya as she darts around the fields like a curious cat. She has grown so much in these past couple years, but has never lost her playfullness.

Nu
2007-10-25, 05:28 PM
OOC:

Kaaya
Though this area was once regarded by the mithra as a hunter's paradise, Sarutabaruta was ravaged during the Crystal War. Through the efforts of Windurst's Rhinostery, the vegetation has made a full recovery, though it may take some more time before the wildlife repopulates the area. Due to this fact, hunting in Sarutabaruta is now discouraged in order to allow the game to resettle.

In your search, you find some rarab tracks, and you spot two of the timid creatures in the taller grass to the north, fairly far away from the road. Flying overhead is a lone zu, a large bird that feeds primarily on carrion (and, occasionally, small rodents like the rarabs). There's also evidence that some tiny mandragoras were recently near this path, though you don't see any in the immediate area. The trees show signs that they've been fed off of, probably by crawlers. Upon closer inspection of one of the trunks, a few strands of silk can be found (confirming that crawlers have been there), though they are very small and few in number.

You don't see any signs of goblins or yagudo.

Orzorz
2007-10-25, 10:03 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Though the shopping was uneventful, Pushmi Pullyu still ended up with a stuffed backpack, and a shrunken purse.

In reply to Segomo, he swings his head and said,"Notaru really, what I have is mostly book-rook knowledge as an airship crew cadet."

He checks on the map for a while, and heard Kaaya's suggestion in the process. "How about we take the northeastaru route-lute now, and the other one on the way back? In this way we can be in time-rhyme for the job and enjoy the scene."

Seeing Kayaa darts away, he shouted "Waitaru for me!" and dashes off to catch up.

bchilders
2007-10-26, 08:24 AM
Kaaya replies, "Now that sounds like a plan. It's good having someone around to do the thinking for us, isn't it Segomo?" With that she continues to dart around along the path until they reach the edge of the ruins.

PocketRocket
2007-10-26, 12:51 PM
"It is nice Kaaya. too much thinking and my head starts to hurt."

"So northeast it is pushmi. I will take the lead, in case we run into anything on the way. What exactly are your talents Pushmi Pullyu? I myself am good at fighting with my hands."

Segomo starts to head to the northeast with his two companions.

Nu
2007-10-26, 01:55 PM
OOC:
Again, like I told the others, feel free to keep roleplaying out your little scene as you wish, I'm just going to describe the outside so you'll know how to react when you reach it.

The trip to the tower is quick and painless. Apart from a few more rarabs and some zus in the sky overhead, you don't see any creatures along the way to the tower.

The tower is very large, about three stories high. It is made of a dark gray stone, and is a large cylinder in shape, with a bulkier base and a jagged top that appears to be worn down considerably. Moss can be found growing on much of the tower, and some of the stone has eroded away. These towers have apparently existed in Sarutabaruta since long before the first tarutaru set foot in this region.

A large archway serves as the entrance, and the inside appears to be dimly lit by some sort of series of magical runes. The archway is large enough that you can see almost all of the interior of the tower from the outside. The inside of the tower is completely bare, except for a set of stone stairs leading downward, covered by another stone arch. The Horutoto ruins themselves are actually underground, and these imposing towers serve merely as an entry point to a massive dungeon-like structure that lies under Sarutabaruta.

bchilders
2007-10-26, 02:10 PM
Kaaya gives one good look around the perimeter of the towers and entrance and looks to the group to say, "I guess there is no reason not to go ahead and get to work. These runes look interesting. Do you know anything about them, Pushmi-pullyu. And by the way do you mind if I call you P because your name can be a mouthful? Or do you have a nickname you prefer? I've always liked nicknames, sometimes Seggy (he hates when I call him that) calls me little-one but to him everyone is little."

Surival: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Nu
2007-10-26, 02:18 PM
Kayaa:
You don't see anything out of the ordinary, though your search uncovers what appears to be the casing of a small goblin explosive (a metallic-half sphere, burned around the edges and with uneven ends). Judging from the rust that's gathered on it, it appears to have been here for weeks or months. It's known that sometimes goblins attempt to plunder the ruins for valuables, though they're known to not stay in one place for very long.

PocketRocket
2007-10-26, 07:37 PM
Segomo also walks around the perimeter of the towers. He doesn't have the best of eyes but he is know for his keen sense of hearing.

Listen: 1d20+7
Listen: 20 (rolled in OOC due to typo first time here

Nu
2007-10-26, 07:50 PM
You don't hear anything out of the ordinary. Just a light wind rustling outside and the faint rippling of the water of the nearby streams.

Orzorz
2007-10-26, 09:23 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Appearently Pushmi Pullyu misunderstood when Segomo said he's good at fighting with his hands...

"Amazing-blazing! Mistaru Segomo, you can crush-rush a rock with your bare hands? I myself knows a bitaru about the magic and a bitaru with the weapons, all from my papa. He also taught-naught me an interesting trick-wick to put magic into weapons, I'll show you when there is a chance!"

As they arrives at the tower Pushmi Pullyu took a moment to admire the size and stonework of the tower. Then he sits down and fumbles through his backpack.

"Oopsie-oopsie! How can I forget the ink? Miss Kayaa, Mistaru Segomo, allow me some time-rhyme." He taps on his own head lightly, then heads around the tower to gather some green grass and moss. He soon returns, and using his buckler and the rear end of a torch as mortar and pestle, he begins mashing what he had collected.

During the process he halts and turns to reply to Kayaa, "Please call me P then. I've got a couple-topple of nicknames and it's nice to have another one. As for the runes..." he puts down his work and walks near to take a closer look, "Notaru of anything that I heard of, but I guess-mess it works like fluoro-flora."

OOC:
Survival check: [roll0]
Improvised craft check: [roll1]

Now I know what's wrong with my skill list...no knowledge(arcana)...and I call myself a red mage...

bchilders
2007-10-26, 10:56 PM
I'd love to see that trick about magic weapons. I'm glad you like my nickname P. What are you making?"" Kaaya asks as she walks into the archway. "Are you guys coming or what?"

Nu
2007-10-27, 12:59 AM
Pushmi Pullyu manages to make some decent makeshift ink out of various bits of flora and fana, though he'll need something to store it in.

Orzorz
2007-10-27, 03:37 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Realising that he lacks a container only after his work, Pushmi Pullyu reluctantly choose to use his pair of leather gloves to carry the ink. He turns them inside-out, and ties them back on the right of his belt. With a dagger, he scrapes and pours in whatever sludge and ink, filling each up to half full, using both if necessary.

Heading towards the archway, he takes a few cautious steps, making sure that the ink wouldn't spill out and get messy. "It's just some makeshift ink. I want to getaru a map of the ruin when we are on our way down, if it is notaru too trouble-grumblesome."

bchilders
2007-10-27, 11:03 AM
Kaaya offers that if you are looking for something to store it in she found a metal casing that might work and she shows you what she found.

OOC to Nu: I don't know if it would work but I figured it was worth a try.

Nu
2007-10-27, 01:20 PM
The casing would hold the ink, but you wouldn't be able to shut it or anything, so it'd spill if jarred.

One glove is enough to store the ink.

bchilders
2007-10-27, 06:27 PM
"I think making a map would be a great idea. I'm not very good with maps...the big guy always has to do the directing. Let's head in then, shall we?" Kaaya says practically jumping with excitement to get their first mission started.

PocketRocket
2007-10-28, 11:06 PM
"Yes. Lets go inside little ones. P you can worry about making the map and i will lead. If anything dangerous pops out, stay behind me and do your magic tricks. Oh and i cant quite crush rocks with my bare hands...yet. Segomo smiles at P and gives him an awkward wink.

PocketRocket
2007-10-30, 05:18 PM
Segomo walks into the bare tower and begins to head down the stairs. Here we go. This could be pretty interesting. I hope Kaaya doesn't get into anything she doesn't need to be in. I wonder what we are going to find down here. Man it looks like these stairs go down a long way.

Nu
2007-10-30, 05:23 PM
The stairs grow gradually wider as you head down the corridor. It appears to head straight ahead for some time, and the stairway becomes gradually wider as you go down. Eventually, the stairs end and the passage stops getting wider, and it's now about 40 feet wide. The now-level hallway is lit by the same magical runes you saw upstairs. You come to a corner that leads to your left.

bchilders
2007-10-31, 08:54 PM
Kaaya looks all around, at the runes, the walls, the stairs and eventually around the corner.

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Nu
2007-10-31, 10:34 PM
There doesn't seem to be anything of interest along this path. Around the corner you can clearly see path that has another wide, brief path of stairs and then branches off both to the right and left. The entire area is well-lit by more of the illuminating runes. From what you can see, there are no signs of recent activity in this section of the ruins.

PocketRocket
2007-11-01, 10:37 AM
"So, uh which way do ya'll wanna go? This way or that way?"Segomo points both down the right path and the left path once down the stairs.

Orzorz
2007-11-01, 12:27 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Although the metal casing came a litle bit late, Pushmi Pullyu still thanked Kaaya for the help. He suggested that eventhough the casing is redudant, it might be useful later, or kept as a souvenir for their first adventure.

He returned a smile to Segomo, and went down along the stairs, taking the flank. It took a few seconds for his eyes to suit to the dimmed light. As he stepped onto the floors of the hallway, he took out the map given by Mokyokyo, dibs the tip of his right index finger into the ink,and started drawing the map of the ruins on its back.

The process is repeated everytime the party reaches the end of a section or room, or when there is a junction, like now...

"Today's Earthsday, so...Sunsday, Moonsday, Firesday...lefty, righty, lefty, righty..."he continues after a short counting, "To the right?"

OOC: Apologies for the delay, took a sneak attack from an urgent project...

bchilders
2007-11-01, 09:39 PM
"Either is good for me, but if P says right then right is right," Kaaya says gigling at her play on words and darts off down the right hand tunnel, keeping her eyes attentive as she goes.

Spot:[roll0]
Search:[roll1]

PocketRocket
2007-11-01, 11:50 PM
Segomo sighs at the ever spunky Kaaya. Upon hearing P mention going right, Segomo starts heading to the left (of course thinking it was his right)."Oh, are we going that way? I thought you said right."Segomo begins to chase after the darting Kaaya.

Nu
2007-11-02, 01:51 AM
The branch, once approached, turns out to be a rather mundane choice. Niether the left or right passage extends for more than about 50 feet before heading south again, and you can clearly see down both the left and right passage from your vantage point. However, at the end of each of the passage is an elaborate stone structure of some sort, slightly taller than a galka, with stairs carved into the stone. At the top of the structure is strange stone globe that is about as large as a tarutaru. The globe is supported by a double stone ring, and it appears as if the globe was intended to spin. More of the magical runes keep this entire area illuminated.

Orzorz
2007-11-02, 11:02 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Judging from the structures' look, size, ande placement, Pushmi Pullyu guesses that they are some sort of switch. The stairs would most likely be added after the ruins were discovered. But to know more, he'll need to get closer.

With his hands coned at his mouth, he shouted down the corridor, "Miss Kaaya, I'll handle-candle the one on the left! Look for any instructions-suctions; be it inscripts, runes, or pictures! I do notaru know how it works or whataru it can do, so please be careful!

Pushmi Pullyu is already heading to the left, when his voice is still echoing around.

OOC:
Search for any inscripts, runes, or pictures around the structure.

PocketRocket
2007-11-02, 02:38 PM
Now going down the right side, Segomo reaches the statue with Kaaya by his side. "So what we gonna do with this thing Kaaya? Do you want me to push it down?" Segomo looks eagerly towards the statue. Man. I haven't got to use my muscles lately. I think I could push this thing down. Yeah I could do it. Man this will be fun. I am almost as tall as it is. It doesn't look that heavy. I hope I get to push this thing down.

Nu
2007-11-02, 03:04 PM
As Pushmi Pullyu examines the structure, he cannot find any sort of runes and inscriptions that might hint at what it's supposed to do. However, from his point of view examining the statue, he can see down the passageway to the south.

Down this passageway there are two more identical structures, one halfway down, and another at an apparent corner. Segomo and Kaaya see exactly the same thing down the opposite passage. Each of the passageways continues for a short distance before turning back inward. At each of the corners is one more of these strange structures, and halfway between the corners is another.

This map is a good approximation of what you have seen so far. You are the white dots.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/Vanadiel/horutotomap1.png

bchilders
2007-11-03, 01:52 PM
Kaaya looks at Segomo and says, "I don't think you should push it down but maybe you can spin that globe up top." As Segomo tries that Kaaya will move down to the next statue and inspect the area around it. After looking it over she will try to climb it if she can.

Climb:[roll2]

Orzorz
2007-11-05, 01:25 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing that there are two more similar structures down the way, Pushmi Pullyu decides to check them out one by one.

"Strange-range, if someone had got deeper-weeper into the ruins, he mustaru 'pressed' some of these switches, maybe even opened a door..."

See if any of the stone rings/globe are aligned differently; Will also look down the bend as he reahes the third stone structure:

PocketRocket
2007-11-05, 12:15 PM
Segomo listens to Kaaya and starts to try and spin the globe on top of the statue. Man it would be more fun to try and push this over. This doesn't require any strength. But it is pretty. I wonder how fast I can get it to spin. Hmmm... Segomo looks curiously at the globe he is attempting to spin.

Strength: 1d20+3
rolled in OOC Strength: 20

Nu
2007-11-05, 02:00 PM
The structures all appear to be identical, with only unique brands of wear and tear distinguishing them from each other. However, each structure is angled so that the ramp of stairs leading to the top of the structure is facing the center of the room.

When Segomo pushes hard enough, the globe spins a few rotations, and as it does, it emits a low hum and glows a light blue.

As Pushmi-Pullyu peeks around the corner at the end of the hallway, he can only see that it leads to another stone structure at the other end, and loops back around to the opposite side. However, the south wall appears to be cracked open. The crack in the wall is bulging out and rather obvious, though from this distance you can't see anything through the crack.

Orzorz
2007-11-05, 02:59 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

As Pushmi Pullyu notices the crack, he feels a shiver down the spine. He immediately rolls up the map, and draws out his spear.

Some...something or someone mustaru had got in from the other side of the wall. But shouldn't who we are looking-wooking got in from the same way as us?

With the spear ready and his back touching the north wall, Pushmi Pullyu sidesteps slowly towards the other end of the corridoor. He only glances briefly as he faces the crack, and dashes off as soon as he past a few steps from the crack.

"Miss Kayaa! Mistaru Segomo! Something or someone had came in the wrong-gong way," he points towards the direction of the crack, "See there! See there!"

OOC:
Let's see what might he see through or around the crack...
Spot: [roll0]

Nu
2007-11-05, 08:22 PM
The area beyond the crack is dark, but from the illumination given by the runes in this chamber, you can only see that the wall is several feet thick, and the chamber beyond is not lit well. The short distance you can see through the crack says that there is another chamber beyond the wall. The crack does not touch the floor, it runs horizontal along the wall about four feet up from the floor. It's rather hard to tell the purpose of this cracked wall, but something big must've created the crack. Still, only a relatively small creature could fit through the crack--a tarutaru might be able to squeeze through, but it'd be a tight fit.

bchilders
2007-11-05, 11:55 PM
Kaaya runs to Pushmi when she hears his call. "Wow that looks pretty intereting. What do you think could have caused it? I don't know if I could squeze through that. What do you think we should do P?" As Kaaya talks she tentatively tries to she if she could squeze through the crack. Even if she can she won't enter it just testing to see if she would fit,

Nu
2007-11-06, 01:45 AM
Your search of the cracked wall reveals that you are probably too big to fit though. It's possible, but it's more likely you'd get stuck or hurt. A thorough examination reveals that there seems to be air flowing from the place where the wall is touching the floor, as if it's not connected to the floor. In addition, there seems to be air flowing a line in the brick making up the wall a few feet to both sides of the crack, so it seems there is a section of the wall that's separate from the rest for whatever reason.

PocketRocket
2007-11-07, 03:32 PM
Wow! it glowed blue. Hmmm... I wonder if the other balls will glow as well. I wonder what that humming noice is. How is Kaaya nto interested in this. She loves this stuff. Oh well more for me. Its so pretty. I've never seen anything like this before. I hope this next one is a different color. Maybe red. Yeah red would be nice. I like red. I like purple too though. I guess they are both favorites of mine... As segomo gets lost in his thoughts, he moves to the statue in the middle of the hall and proceeds to spin it as well.

Strength: [roll0]

bchilders
2007-11-07, 08:17 PM
"Hey P, I think this section of the wall isn't part of the rest of it. Maybe it's part of a secret dorr or something. Hey Seggy you gotta see this," Kaaya turns to see what Segomo is up to and marvels for a moment at the spinning orb on top of the statue. "How did you do that? What do you think it does? I wonder if I could get it to do that." She moves to the closest statue and tries herself to get one of the orbs to move.

Nu
2007-11-07, 08:22 PM
Kaaya and Segomo are both successful in making the heavy stone orbs spin. Both of them do the same thing that the first one did, they turn a light shade of blue and emit a humming noise. However, once both are spinning, what appears to be blue lightning (or some similar form of energy) arcs between the two orbs, connecting them. Unlike the first, these two do not stop spinning, even when they are released, and they continue to spin at a constant, fast-paced speed. The humming and glowing continues as long as the two orbs spin and arc energy between each other.

Orzorz
2007-11-08, 06:07 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

The moment Pushmi Pullyu sees the arcing lightning, he covers his head, closes his eyes and squats down for cover. It took a short moment for him to dare openes his eyes. Seeing and smelling no charred Segomo or charred Kayaa, he calms down and set guard at right of the possible secret door.

"I think-wink that these are really the switches-witches for the door! Miss Kayaa, Mistaru Segomo, please spin the other globes too! I'll guard the door, in case anything bad pops out!"

bchilders
2007-11-08, 08:14 AM
Kaaya looks over to Segomo and says, "I bet I spin more than you do!" And with that she rushes off towards the nearest switch to begin spinning the globes.

Full run in between them
A few strength checks just in case
Strength: [roll1]
Strength: [roll2]
Strength: [roll3]
Strength: [roll4]
Strength: [roll5]

PocketRocket
2007-11-08, 11:33 AM
"Cheater, I've already spun these two, you have an advantage."With this segomo runs after Kaaya, hoping to reach the other orbs before she can. I will beat her

PocketRocket
2007-11-08, 11:42 AM
strength: [roll0]
strength: [roll1]
strength: [roll2]
strength: [roll3]

Nu
2007-11-09, 12:31 AM
Though Kayaa is quick to reach the orbs, it takes quite a few attempts before she is able to muster the strength to spin it. In that time, Segomo quickly activates the rest of the orbs. Each of the orbs begins to spin, and they form two separate arcing energy chains that connect each set of three orbs.

Once all the orbs are activated, a louder humming noise can be heard in the center of the room, followed by some brief cackling noises, and then it stops and the humming resumes. The orbs continue to arc energy between each other as they spin. Suddenly, a voice calls out from the entrance to the chamber, "Ah! I see you have familiarized-wamiliarized yourselves with the magical gizmos of Horutoto."

From where ever you now are, if you can see the entryway, you would see walking in at a leisurely pace an older male tarutaru wearing a blue and gold jacket (styled more like an open-breasted robe) over a dark green shirt and pants. Over his head is a royal blue hood, and along the edges of all parts of his outfit are brownish patterns. His large volume of blackish-gray hair is tied upwards with a rather large and funny-looking hair band, and is cut flat at the top. He wears small, white-rimmed glasses, and his tarutaru (elflike) ears point out from the hood. Around his neck is a teal amulet of some sort. This is Ajido-Marujido, not only the head minister of the Orastery, but leader of Windurst's War Wizards and one of the most powerful mages in Vana'diel.

bchilders
2007-11-09, 11:35 PM
"We were told you needed help in an expirement. What can we help you with? We are all real excited about becoming adventurers, or at least I know I am. Did you put these things here? Oh..by the way, my name is Kaaya." Kaaya hardly breathes as she states all the thoughts going through her head. She bounces with excitement both for figuring out the purpose of the statues and for the expirements to come.

PocketRocket
2007-11-11, 01:29 PM
Segomo walks up to Kaaya and whispers into her ear. "Ha ha. I beat you! You may be full of more energy than me, but I am stronger and taller. Maybe next time tiny one." At this he looks down and notices the older tarutaru standing in front of the group. Hmmm...this must be the guy we are looking for. He sure is short. Why is everyone so short around here. He does look kind of funny though. I wonder how far I could toss him...At this Segomo fades into his own mind and allows P and Kaaya to converse with the tarutaru

Orzorz
2007-11-12, 12:14 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu heads back to the entryway as he hears Kayaa and Segomo talking to someone.

As he turns around the corner he greets the newcomer,"Hello-wallow...Mis...Mistaru Ajido-Marujido!?"

Pushmi Pullyu is now obviously shocked. He knew that he would meet an official from the Orastery; But seeing the legendary Ajido-Marujido...

OOC:
With ranks in knowledge(local), I assume he would know that the elderly tarutaru is Ajido-Marujido?

Nu
2007-11-12, 03:48 AM
OOC:
It's common enough knowledge that anyone who's lived in the area for a little while should know. If you have ranks in knowledge (local), definitely.

The tarutaru gives a traditional Windurstian salute: extending both arms upwards over your chest, palms towards each other, and touching fingertips at the top in a triangle shape. "It's good-wood to see such courageous youths such as yourselves giving mother Windurst a helping-whelping hand. This experiment is both-oath important to our great nation and myself," Ajido-Marujido explains, walking towards you three. "For some time-lime now, the Orastery and the Rhinostery have been working together-togather in an attempt to use the secrets of the civilization that originally-loginally built these ruins to rejuvenate the lands of Sarutabaruta above." With this, the minister turns to face the mithra who'd addressed him before, "So, to answer-wanser your question, no, I didn't build these gizmos. However, they have been a target-warget of my study for some time now, and I need you to help me in activating some more of these."

Ajido-Marujido, who has now walked past you, turns back to continue his explanation, "These devices are fairly easy-peasy to activate. Their magical power operates a device that is connected-sonnected from here to the Toraimarai Canal, and we believe it-twit was once used to regulate the flow of water in the canal. Though it is nonfunctional now, there are similar devices in the ruins-wuins that use gizmos like these for power. One of them has caught my interest. If you'll follow me," with this, Ajido-Marujido sets off in the direction of the cracked wall.

PocketRocket
2007-11-12, 12:05 PM
Segomo leans down to Kaaya."So, do you want to try and see if you can best me this time, kittie cat?" Segomo gets an ackward smile on his face and laughs with a deep voice.

Segomo then walks to P and leans down to whisper to him. "Uh, so is this guy important? You seem pretty excited about him."

bchilders
2007-11-12, 02:37 PM
Kaaya sticks her tongue out at Segomo and follows behind the minister, very interested in seeing more of these strange devices.

Orzorz
2007-11-13, 03:34 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing what Ajido-Marujido did, Pushmi Pullyu returned a same salute.

He is once again surprised when Segomo asks the question. He whispered back as he follows the group, "Mistaru Ajido-Marujido is the mostaru powerful-towerful mage in the world, everybody knows him," he hesitates and turns to look at Ajido-Marujido for awhile before he continues, "I still remember-dismember how my mama used to scare-care me when I was naughty-haughty as a child. She said that when it rains, Mistaru Ajido-Marujido will change-range himself into thunder, and zap-zap the naughty-haughty children. Of course that is only a story, but he do have the powers-towers to do so, if he wants..."

Nu
2007-11-13, 07:11 PM
Ajido-Marujido stops just in front of the cracked wall, then turns to face the three of you. "Well, friends, as you know-oh, the Federation of Windurst was founded on the power of magic, and I am a mighty wielder of the arcane art myself. However, sometimes merely-weary a little brutaru force is preferred to expending excess-mess mystic power," with this, the minister looks to Segomo specifically, and asks, "Friend galka, could I trouble-woulbe you to move this section of the wall? With a gentle push-tush, you should be able to slide it to the right and out of the way quite easily."

PocketRocket
2007-11-13, 10:43 PM
Ha ha. Get to use my strength again. I wonder if I could actually break down the wall instead of sliding it? Hmmm... it is pretty big, but I think I could do it. If I put all of my weight into it, maybe use this wall as ... Segomo suddenly realizes that Ajido-Marujido and the rest of the party are staring at him, waiting for him to actually move the wall.
"Oh...yeah of course I can move this for ya. Stand back little ones." Segomo gives a bright smile and walks over to the cracked wall. With a mighty heave he attempts to slide the wall open.

[

bchilders
2007-11-13, 10:56 PM
"Ain't he something. He's always good for pushing stuff, picking things up and reaching high places. Sure comes in handy," Kaaya pats Segomo on the back affectionately.

Orzorz
2007-11-14, 01:42 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Yup, it feels-reels much safer when travelling with Mistaru Segomo."

Nu
2007-11-14, 03:18 AM
The wall gives way easily to Segomo's strength, revealing a brief passage the size of the removed section before giving way to a larger, open room. "Very good, my friend! Ajido-Marujido compliments.

This room appears more worn than the first, and there are no runes lighting it. Ajido-Marujido pulls a rod out of his pack that gives good light in a 60 ft. radius and provides shadowy illumination out to 120 ft. The room is about 150 ft. square, and in each corner is another one of the gizmos you say in the room previous, angled towards the center of the room, though these are still inactive. While the floor is the same stone brick pattern you saw before, in the middle of is some sort of arcane design in a circle, with various symbols and patterns lining it.

"I have loosened these gizmos in preparation for the experiment, so they should be much easier to activate than the others. I need each of you to activate one of the gizmos, and I will activate the last one. One we have them all spinning, we'll examine the results," the Orastery minister explains, walking towards the far end of the room, and placing the rod flat on the ground in the center to provide reasonable illumination to nearly the whole room. "However, these gizmos, for whatever reason, will not continue to spin like the ones you used before, so we must keep spinning them until I call for us to stop," he adds.

Orzorz
2007-11-14, 03:54 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu eagerly runs to the gizmo at the far right corner of the room. After he climbs up the steps, he lays his spear on the floor. Huffing two breaths onto each of his palms, he stretches his fingers, and places his hands flat on the stone globe.

"Hump-fump! I'm ready!"

bchilders
2007-11-14, 08:23 AM
Kaaya eagerly hops over to the one on the far left. She jumps up the steps in a single leap and upon hearing Pushmi say he's ready she begins to spin her globe.

PocketRocket
2007-11-14, 08:51 AM
Segomo strolls over to the far left globe and easily begins to spin it.

Nu
2007-11-14, 10:53 PM
As you all begin to spin the orbs, Ajido-Marujido positions himself next to the last orb and spins as well. Like before, blue energy arcs between the orbs, and this time, towards a point in the center of the room about twelve to fifteen feet above the arcane inscription on the ground. As they connect, a pillar of energy forms between the arcane circle and the ceiling, and it spins very slowly, with the tendrils of energy from the orbs swirling around it in unison. This continues for a while, until, after a few minutes, the energy generated by the orbs grows fainter, and the spinning stops. The pillar of energy then slowly fades out of existence. Ajido-Marujido moves to the center of the room once this has happened, and begins to look down at the inscription on the floor, apparently in deep thought.

PocketRocket
2007-11-15, 09:13 PM
"Wow!!! What was that!? I have never in my life seen something that amazing! Did you see that Kaaya!? Did you see it, P!? Wow!!! Segomo jumps around, astonished at the mesmerizing even that just took place.

Orzorz
2007-11-16, 03:25 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Appearently Pushmi Pullyu is also stunned. With his hands still resting on the globe, he turns his head towards Segomo and shakes it slowly. You can see that his eyes are rather empty, and his mouth is opened like a small O.

bchilders
2007-11-16, 07:00 PM
Kaaya also excited about what just happened expresses it in a different way then silence. "What was that? Did yo see that Segomo...P? Hey what did that do?" As Kaaya continues her barrage of questions she walk to the center of the room to see what the minister is looking at.

Nu
2007-11-16, 07:06 PM
The minister is staring at the inscriptions in the circle that served as the center of the experiment. As far as any of you can tell, they are indecipherable. The mithra's approach seems to shake Ajido-Marujido out of his daze, however, as he jerks up and looks at her as she asks questions.

"Oh, rightaru! Well, I'm afraid I'm not quite-white sure of the results, I'm going to have to get-wet the Rhinostery to help me determine if we had the desired effect. They know a lot more about the flora-fauna of Sarutabaruta than I, as mighty as my knowledge of magic is, the minister explains. "However, you have all done your part-art, and are therefore entitled to a reward." With this, the Orastery minister reaches into his satchel, and produces three small pouches containing one hundred gil pieces in each. As the tarutaru offers them to the three of you, he goes on to say, "And, I hope it's not too bold-old of me to ask for your names. I'd like to contact you once I know the results-casults of this experimentaru, and possibly seek out your assistance again in the future."

bchilders
2007-11-17, 12:13 PM
"The names Kaaya and I think it would be great to work with you again," the Mithra moves forward and offers the minister her hand. "More fun like this and I just might never work for anyone else and thanks for the money too."

Orzorz
2007-11-17, 02:26 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu receives the reward with both hands and nods slightly in gratitude. "Pushmi Pullyu. I would be glad-lad to help-welp again. And...even if there are jobs-bobs that I cannotaru help, may I be allowed to know about how-wow the experiment goes? I really fancy-pancy whataru can these gizmos do."

PocketRocket
2007-11-17, 09:32 PM
"My name is Segomo. It would be a pleasure to help you again. Thank you so much for the reward." Segomo reaches out and takes the purse.
"So back to the city?"

Nu
2007-11-19, 05:35 AM
"Very good, thank you, friends Segomo, Pushmi Pullyu, and Kaaya," the minister replies. "I wish you luck in your future-wuture endeavors. I'll keep in touch with you all, as if I'm rightaru, this-wisp could be the start of something big. In the meantime, if it's more work with the gizmos of Horutoto you want, I heard the Manustery was looking for some help with one-son of the devices that aids in the creation of cardians. You might want to check-wheck up on thataru!" Ajido-Marujido adds. After he's done speaking, the minister bows and begins to head out, back towards the surface.

Orzorz
2007-11-19, 01:00 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"I can notaru wait to get back! Not only will we become 'full' adventurers, we might-wright also have a chance to build-guild cardians! It's awesome-awesome!"

Pushmi Pullyu is obviously excited about it. As he speaks, he dancing around the party in small hops.

PocketRocket
2007-11-22, 01:40 AM
Segomo and the group again thanks Ajido-Marujido and heads on back to the city with their rewards in hand. "Let's go see if we can find some more of these orb things to spin"

bchilders
2007-11-22, 02:08 PM
On the way back to the city Kaaya starts to talk to her companions, "So we are real adventurers now...funny I don't feel any different. Maybe after we do a few more of these. Let's hurry back and see if they have more missions for us."

Orzorz
2007-11-23, 06:59 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu chimes in as the party walks back to the city, "Hmm...Maybe this ring-ting would give a flash-lash of light when we get back and reportaru?"

bchilders
2007-11-23, 05:04 PM
"That sure would be interesting. It's good to have someone around who knows about magic...right Seggy?" Kaaya leads them through the city back to where thet first reported, idly talking to starngers as they pass by.

Nu
2007-11-23, 09:35 PM
The trip back to Windurst is wholly uneventful taking the path you came. Upon your re-entry to Levithan's Gate, a green-haired female tarutaru guard, War Wizard Harara, and her companion, the Nine of Spades, salute you.

"Hail-rail, comrades," Harara calls out, walking over with the cardian following closely behind her. "I trust your business-wizness in Sarutabaruta went well?"

bchilders
2007-11-24, 01:07 PM
"Very well...we saw the ruins and these weird gizmos that you could turn and they lit up. And then we met the Minister Ajido-Marujido and he showed us some more of those gizmos and when we spun those there was this light and an inscription and none of us really knew what was going on. But it sure was fun. I'm sorry I didn't get your name...I'm Kaaya," the mithra let these words flow out as if they had been bottled up for an eternity.

PocketRocket
2007-11-26, 06:10 PM
"Yes it did go very well. We got to play have a race to see who could spin the most orbs, (I won), I got to move a huge wall all by myself, and got to see a light show. So yeah it was fun. Anything else we can do for ya?"

Orzorz
2007-11-26, 07:39 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"We spinned-pinned those gizmos along with Mistaru Ajido-Marujido, and wow! This big-rig pillar of light appeared, and the room became as brightaru as under daylight! Mistaru Ajido-Marujido told us that there are lots and lots of such-much gizmos, would our next job-nob happen to be aboutaru them also?"

Nu
2007-11-28, 01:16 AM
OOC:
You all receive 400 XP for the completion of this quest.

Music selection: The Federation of Windurst (http://www.mediafire.com/?ecg23gt131y)

The war wizard takes in all of this with a neutral expression. Then she tilts her head and asks, "So, you're adventurers then? You were working-torking with minister Ajido-Marujido?" She seems to consider this for a moment, then replies, "I am war wizard Harara, and this is my ally-sally, the Nine of Spades. The mission Ajido-Marujido mentioned-wentioned...I believe he's referring to a call the Manustery put outaru."

The Nine of Spades chimes in with more details, "tHe♠MaNuStErY♠iS♠rEsPoNsIbLe♠FoR♠tHe♠CoNsTrUcTiOn♠ AnD♠mAInTeNaNcE♠oF♠cArDiAnS. tHeY♠uSe♠ThE♠dEvIcEs♠In♠HoRuToTo♠To♠ThOsE♠eNdS."

Harara nods, "It's likely-wikely that they are requesting aid with building more cardians. I suspect they'll have all the specifics-aspefics for you when you arrive."

bchilders
2007-11-28, 08:35 AM
Kaaya scratches her head, "So where do we report...the ministry or back to the ruins? I'm easily distracted maybe I just missed it"

Nu
2007-11-28, 12:37 PM
"I'm unsure which tower they'll want you reporting too, so it'd probably be best to check at the Manustery itself first," Harara explains. "It's likely you'll be visiting a different section of the ruins--and therefore using a different entrance than the one you did before."

bchilders
2007-11-29, 08:03 AM
"Well what are we waiting for...I had so much fun on the last mission I can't wait to start another one. Thank you for your help," and with that Kaaya starts heading towards where the ministry is.

PocketRocket
2007-11-29, 11:43 AM
Segomo stares of into space for a second. When he snaps out of it, Kaaya is already running through the city. What? Where is she going? Did I miss something? Hmmm... maybe the little wizard told us where to go. I really should pay attention, but I can't stop thinking about that pretty light show. It was really cool. I wish I could see it again... Segomo drifts in and out of day dreaming. Finally he realizes that his group is far away. "Hey! Wait up!!!" Segomo runs off to join the group.

Orzorz
2007-11-29, 02:40 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu bowed to Harara and Nine of Spades for their help, then left along with the party. Along the way he passed by some shops, and grabbed some assorted items.

"I'm done here. Miss Kayaa, Mistaru Segomo, do you have anything you need-heed? If it costaru too-too much, we may pool-drool up the gold-bold, if you do notaru mind-hind."

OOC:Shopping list: Ink and pen set *1, Empty vials*6, Empty spellbook *1(if available, else change to 18 sheets of paper). I will deduct gold later, but gotta catch some sleep first...

Nu
2007-12-01, 02:02 AM
OOC:
You don't actually, ah, NEED a spellbook...there's nothing magical about those books in this world, you can remember spells from memory. So a blank book for note keeping would be considerably cheaper (about 5sp).
As the guard indicated, the Manustery is in the middle of Windurst Woods, just slightly north and west of your current position at Leviathan's Gate. There is a series of shops nearby as well as the auction house, but those are a bit further south and would take a bit more time to get too and in the opposite direction if Pushmi Pullyu wants to go shopping.

The Manustery is a very large series of interconnected buildings and warehouses, and entering through the main entrance, you are greeted by the site of a lobby area with a secretary female tarutaru named Kororo standing behind a desk in a neatly kept room with various trinkets on the walls and chairs, a couch, and a small table decorated with flowers. There are two large doors, to the left and right of the desk, as well as a smaller one behind the desk. There are pictures hanging on the wall, mostly of various cardians that had at one point or another performed some heroic or otherwise memorable deed for Windurst.

The female tarutaru had her head down on the desk when you entered, and sleepily raises it at the sound of your entry, wiping her eyes while saying, "Hello-wellow. Can I helpy you?"

bchilders
2007-12-01, 11:24 AM
"We're adventurers and we heard you could use some help with your Cardian making gizmos. We are already experienced with some of those types of gizmos...." Kaaya begins relating the story of their last trip into the ruins at what all happened to them so far.

PocketRocket
2007-12-04, 12:13 PM
"We are adventurers now. Is there anything we can do for you?"Segomo bows politely to the tarutaru behind the desk.

Orzorz
2007-12-05, 12:07 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"I guess-wess that we are adventurers now, and Mistaru Ajido-Marujido told us that we might-right be of help here?"

Nu
2007-12-05, 06:51 AM
The secretary smiles sleepily and points to the door on the right (her left). "Righty-wighty...the minister did mention something like-wike that. Go on in, I'm sure she'd love-wove to talky to you about it, in particular if Ajido-Marujido sentaru you."

bchilders
2007-12-06, 08:07 AM
With a polite thank you and a minute of small talk Kaaya proceeds inside.

Orzorz
2007-12-06, 12:50 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

After bowing to thank the secretary, Pushmi Pullyu adjusts his cap and knocks on the door.

Nu
2007-12-07, 04:38 AM
On your way through the door, you nearly run into a female tarutaru hurridly heading out of the ministry. She pauses at your approach and looks up at you all.

"Oh deary-weary!" she gasps. She is wearing clothes similar to Ajido-Marujido's, but they have more lime green lining, and the top is a slightly mushroom-shaped cap. She also has a much larger blue amulet around her neck. This is the Manustery head minister, and sister of Ajido-Marujido, Apururu. "You must-cust be the adventurers we sentaru for! Thank heavens!" The female tarutaru seems rather excited at your arrival.

PocketRocket
2007-12-08, 03:23 AM
"Adventurers? Yeah that's us. You look terribly familiar? Do we know you?" Segomo scratches his head, not knowing why the tarutaru looks familiar.

bchilders
2007-12-10, 08:05 AM
"You seem like you need help...what can we do?" Kaaya says bursting with excitment at all the possibilities she is already running through in her head.

Orzorz
2007-12-10, 10:34 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

As Apururu suddenly opens the door, Pushmi Pullyu just barely manages to freeze, preventing his knocking fist from hitting on head minister.

"Phew-whew...We are adventurers, butaru I'm not sure are we the same-tame group that you are refering-prefering to?"

Nu
2007-12-15, 01:48 AM
"Oh?" Apururu tilts her head at the barrage of questions. She answers in order, first facing the galka and saying, "I do not-lot believe we've metaru." Then she faces the mithra and her fellow tarutaru. "Well...I've been needing-weeding the services of some capable adventurers, so I put in word with the gate-wait guards. You see," she gestures to the side, "if you are the ones-sons I need, then it will involve a trip to the one of the towers-wowers that leads to the Horutoto Ruins. You see, well...this is a long-wong story, but to make it shortaru, a lot of special matters came up that require the attention of our high-ranking ministers, and so the regular-wegular tasks are being neglected. In particular, one of the dynamos powered by the magical gizmos-wizmos of Horutoto has become nonfunctional, and we are curious as to why. But we cannot spare any-winyone to investigate, so I was hoping to get some help with that matter."

Orzorz
2007-12-17, 01:39 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"We are glad-wad to help, if we can. Butaru how does the dynamo-gizmo thing look-rook like?" Pushmi Pullyu scratches his head a little bit with his left hand, then continues, "More like...how do we know whatatu went wrong-long?"

bchilders
2007-12-17, 06:25 PM
"Well they sure sent you the right folks cuz we already know the ruins and the gizmos a little and we're ready to help however we can," Kaaya says hoping to find more fun and adventure than before.

PocketRocket
2007-12-18, 12:04 AM
Segomo looks confused knowing that the little tarutaru looks familiar. "Oh sure. Gizmos you want to turn? I'm your man. Think you can beat me this time Kaaya?"

Nu
2007-12-18, 11:24 PM
"Ah, goody-good! You are familiar with the gizmos-wizmos of Horutoto! That makes things easy-peasy!" Apururu replies eagerly.

The sleepy secretary pipes up, "They said that they were sent-went by Ajido-Marujido, miss minister."

The minister seems a bit surprised by this, but nods understandingly. "So-so, you've metaru my brother-bother? He is quite the troublesome taru at times. Still, I'm sure-were working with him, you got to know-wow the gizmos of Horutoto very well." She pauses for a moment before explaining further, walking towards the secretary's desk and unfolding a map of Sarutabaruta onto said desk, "The dynamo is very deep-weep in the ruins and protected by several varieties of traps-waps and fail-safes, so we don't think it's the problem at this time-lime, but if the gizmos seem to be functioning-wunctioning properly that's where we'll look nextaru. In particular, we want you to check this tower, here," the minister points to a tower in the southeast. It is almost directly south of the tower you previously entered.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Magil/Vanadiel/windurstmission1-2.jpg

"We just wantaru you to go and see if the gizmos-wizmos are still functioning properly. Search the area and reportaru back anything-ting unusual you find," Apururu finishes.

PocketRocket
2007-12-19, 01:25 AM
"Oh he's your brother, that's why you look familiar. Ha ha, I knew it! So south tower huh? Consider it done. Segomo awkwardly smiles at the tarutaru and starts to head out of the room before anyone else gets a chance to say anything

bchilders
2007-12-19, 08:16 AM
"Well looks likes Seggy's already rearing to go...is there anything else we need to know before we head out."

Orzorz
2007-12-19, 01:50 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Go deep-weep and we will see traps-waps!" said Pushmi Pullyu with a mix of exclaimation and excitment, "So this-wis tower is intactaru, and we go up-up it to the top?"

Nu
2007-12-20, 03:06 AM
"Oh deary-dear, it appears I have confused you," Apururu looks somewhat embarrassed and rubs the back of her head. "This tower, much-wuch like the other towers of Horutoto, seems to be empty going up, but under-wonder the foundation lies another entrance to the ruins. The magical gizmos can be found in there. If you keep following the various-warious tunnels and hidden passages, you may-way eventually find the dynamo, butaru I'd be careful about going too deep. It's easy-peasy to get lostaru down there, and we've had to seal off several areas because of pitfalls and other-bother obstacles. But it seems like every time we send someone down there, they find-wind a new passage. It really is a shame-lame we don't know more about the civilization that originally constructed the labyrinth, they must've been incredible-edible!"

bchilders
2007-12-21, 12:10 AM
"Sounds like something we can handle...we better catch up to Segomo and head out," Kaaya says and then turns to lleave, hastily trying to catch up to her large companion.

Orzorz
2007-12-21, 12:18 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing his companions leave, Pushmi Pullyu gives Apururu a traditional Windurstian salute, and follows out quickly.

PocketRocket
2007-12-21, 07:52 PM
Segomo's companions find him already halfway to the exit from the city.

"Hey little ones. What took you so long? We got some gizmos to be playing with."

Nu
2007-12-29, 05:17 PM
Music Selection: Sarutabaruta (http://www.mediafire.com/?3j00ix0ndjz)

On the way out, the guard from before gives you a salute. The open plains of Sarutabaruta are exactly as you left them, and the road appears clear. The only difference is that is slightly later in the day.

bchilders
2007-12-29, 06:50 PM
"I've never been great with directions...I kinda just go til I find something. So which way did they tells us to go P?" Kaaya asks her new small friend. She is really starting to like the intelligence and organization this new member to her travelling group offers.

Orzorz
2007-12-30, 12:39 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Letaru me see..." Pushmi Pullyu unrolls the map he got from the previous mission, and displays it for all to see, "We can take-wake this path south, or getaru back to the previous tower-power, then head-lead south to make sure-cure we do notaru getaru lostaru." As he suggests about the different paths, his fingers trace along on the map.

PocketRocket
2007-12-30, 07:41 PM
"Um...yeah. Those sound good P! I say we go one of those ways. What do you think Kaaya?

Hmmm... I have no idea where we are going. But i do know that i get to play with some more gizmos. I wonder if a huge light show will happen again. That was pretty cool. Man I love the open air. It's so nice. What was I talking about again?...

Segomo drifts off into his own thoughts almost immediately after he finishes talking with P and Kaaya.

Nu
2008-01-01, 04:57 AM
The path is much the same as before, with the next tower a slight detour from your previous path. The tower appears to be much the same as the other, not nearly large enough to support much of a population, but a round stone entrance leading to an open area inside with a covered set of stairs leading downward. The stone is brown and worn, and the vegetation in the surrounding area is noticeably sparser than most of Sarutabaruta.

bchilders
2008-01-01, 04:44 PM
Kaaya skirts around the path looking around for anything interesting or out of place. When they reach the tower she looks to her companions and says, "Shall we proceed?"

Survival:[roll2]

PocketRocket
2008-01-01, 07:48 PM
"Lets go play with some gizmos!" Segomo rushes down into the opening with a look of excitement on his face.

Nu
2008-01-02, 04:48 AM
Kaayaa doesn't find anything of particular interest in the area surrounding the tower. There are some wild creatures about (two or three rarabs, a few zus in the sky), but they are keeping their distance.

As Segomo goes into the opening, he finds that the pathway down is lit with more of the magical runes that produce a soft, glowing light that they saw in the previous section of the Horutoto ruins. This staircase, however, seems to go down noticeably deeper than the previous set. It is some time before it gives way to a massive, open chamber. This one is much larger than the one previous, but there are still magical gizmos in much the same relative locations. However, there are only six.

The stairway from which Segomo would enter is from the south. A short distance in front of him is one gizmo, and there are two more about sixty feet to the left and right of the entrance, in the corners of the room. At the far end of the room, about one hundred and twenty feet away along the northern wall, is another set of three gizmos set up in the same manner.

Unlike the previous chamber, the middle of this room is open, so you can clearly see the gizmos even from here due to the lighting from the runes along the walls. In addition, towards the middle are three more of the light-emitting runes, arranged in a triangular pattern around an arcane inscription of some sort in the very center of the room.

PocketRocket
2008-01-02, 08:21 AM
"So shall we have another race, Kaaya?" Segomo asks excitedly. "Do you think you can actually beat me this time?" Segomo laughs and runs to the first gizmo and gives it a spin.

Strength check: [roll0]
Just in case... Strength check: [roll1]
Strength check: [roll2]

Segomo looks sideways at the gizmo. "I think it is stuck"

bchilders
2008-01-02, 08:40 AM
Kaaya starts to run towards the gizmos opposite of Segomo but hers eyes catch the inscription as she gets closer, so she moves to see what it might be. She moves next to the inscription and tries to read it if she is able...if not she calls out to Pushmi to come check it out.

PocketRocket
2008-01-02, 11:25 AM
"Hey what are you doing Kaaya? Do you not want to play?" At this, Segomo walks over to where Kaaya is, and looks interestingly at the foreign writing. "Hmmm...yes...I see...very interesting..." He says with his hand rubbing his chin.

Orzorz
2008-01-02, 02:49 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

As soon as they got down the satirs, Pushmi Pullyu started his mapping again, this time on the new "mapbook" he just bought,

He follows as the others gather around the inscriptions. Putting the pen on his right ear, he half bends to have a closer look.

"Now whataru might-right it be...?"

(Most likely useless)Knowledge local:
[roll0]
If Pushmi Pullyu can't understand the writings, he will still try to figure out are the light runes set in a way that they point to wards certain gizmos.

Nu
2008-01-03, 04:37 AM
The final push of Segomo on the gizmo makes it spin slowly, but it stops after a short time and does not glow or hum.

The inscriptions are clearly magical in nature, and without sufficient knowledge of magic cannot be deciphered (knowledge: arcana or decipher script).

While examining the light rune positions, there doesn't seem to be a significance in their positioning relative to the gizmos. The three light runes are merely positioned equidistant to provide adequate lighting to the center of the room, as there do not appear to be any such runes on the ceiling. However, upon moving to the center of the room and getting a better view of the area, the three of you may notice that the north, east, and west walls have large, bulging cracks in them, somewhat similar in style to the cracked wall you found in the previous section of Horutoto. The cracks occupy the middle section of each wall, and it seems that the walls are divided into several sections with brick patterns. The cracks interrupt these patterns and make those wall sections stand out from the others.

bchilders
2008-01-03, 08:48 PM
Kaaya looks over at at Pushmi and says, "Can you make anything out of these runes? If not we might as well start trying to turn these gizmos."

Orzorz
2008-01-03, 11:43 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu swings his head in reply to Kaaya's question.

"I guess-wess we need to try-pry the gizmos first."

PocketRocket
2008-01-04, 12:10 PM
Segomo, frustrated with not being able to turn the first gizmo very well, goes to another one and puts all of his might into the turn.

strength:[roll0]

bchilders
2008-01-04, 04:19 PM
As soon a Segomo heads toward another gizmo Kaaya rushes off the other way to push one herself.

Strength:[roll0]
Strength:[roll1]

Nu
2008-01-05, 03:44 AM
All three gizmos you attempt to turn spin to life after a little work, and once they are activated in unison, they hum and emit a faint glow, and continue spinning on their own upon release. However, there is no arcing energy current, and the glow is a bit fainter than before.

PocketRocket
2008-01-05, 02:43 PM
"Awww... No pretty lights!" Segomo says with a disappointed tone. He goes to another gizmo and begins to spin it as well.

strength[roll0]
strength[roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-05, 05:43 PM
Kaaya will also dart around trying to spin the remaining gizmos as fast as possible

Strength:[roll2]
Strength:[roll3]....or until all are successful

Orzorz
2008-01-06, 11:20 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Humph! Again!"

Without anymore words, Pushmi Pullyu is already spinning the remaining gizmo.

STR check:[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Nu
2008-01-07, 05:13 AM
With all of the gizmos in the room activated, the hum fills the air and the orbs glow faintly as they spin. However, nothing else seems to happen.

bchilders
2008-01-08, 08:39 PM
"Seggy, you should check out those cracks in the wall and see if its another door you can force open." Kaaya goes over to check out the crack herself.

Search:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

PocketRocket
2008-01-08, 09:50 PM
"Hmmm... Oh yeah I guess I did open something like this earlier. Silly me, I forgot." Segomo cracks his knuckles and begins to try and pry one of the cracked walls open.

strength:[roll1]
strength:[roll2]
strength:[roll3]

Nu
2008-01-09, 08:37 PM
OOC:
I'll need to know which cracked wall you are pushing. There is one to the north, east, and west.

bchilders
2008-01-09, 11:32 PM
OOC:
Unless Pocket has a problem with it West sounds good to me.

PocketRocket
2008-01-09, 11:53 PM
OOC:

sounds good to me. West it is

Nu
2008-01-10, 02:54 AM
The western cracked wall makes scratching sounds as it comes loose and slides to the side, exactly as the one in the previous section of the Horutoto ruins had. Inside is a much smaller room, with a lower ceiling, only about 30 feet square. However, in the center is another one of the stone 'gizmos' of Horutoto.

PocketRocket
2008-01-10, 08:09 AM
"Go spin it little one, and I'll go open some more walls." Segommo now moves to the East wall and begins to open it as well.

strength:[roll1]
strength:[roll2]
strength:[roll3]

bchilders
2008-01-10, 08:17 AM
Kaaya darts in to the recently revealed gizmo and attampts to make it spin.

Strength:[roll3]

Orzorz
2008-01-10, 10:50 AM
Pushmi Pullyu
Seeing that a gizmo hides in the room, he follows Segomo to the east, anticipating for another one behind the crack. Before he leaves the west hidden room he adds, "Miss Kayaa, there-where maybe other gizmos behind those cracks-whacks, how about we spin-win them after we each getaru hold of one?"

Nu
2008-01-10, 05:31 PM
Kayaa is successful in spinning the orb atop the gizmo, but it doesn't react in quite the same way as the others. The stone orb simply spins around a few times as long as she continues to push it, then stops. It does not glow or hum. She may notice something strange about the orb as she handles and spins it: there is a large crack on the base of the orb, tracing up to about the midway point. It appears that the gizmo is damaged.

Segomo is likewise successful in opening the eastern wall with little effort, revealing another gizmo hidden away from the others.

bchilders
2008-01-10, 08:02 PM
Kaaya darts back over to where the other two are located and lets them knw about the damaged gizmo. She talks mainly to P because he has been the one to show the most intellectual ability to reason out a solution.

PocketRocket
2008-01-11, 12:23 PM
"You two talk about this. I'm gonna go open up the last wall." Segomo goes to the last remaining wall and begins to open it up.

strength: [roll0]
strength: [roll1]
strength: [roll2]
strength: [roll3]

Orzorz
2008-01-11, 12:52 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Thanks, Mistaru Segomo!"

After thanking Segomo for pulling down the wall, Pushmi Pullyu hops to the front of the gizmo.

"Miss Kayaa, is there-where anything funny-bunny on your gizmo? Afterall, they are hidden!"

Search(or another +2 if it's spot check)
[roll0]

Nu
2008-01-11, 10:07 PM
Segomo opens up the northern wall rather easily on his second attempt, sliding it out of the way. However, what is beyond this wall is not another gizmo. Instead, there is a small cavern beyond the sliding wall, with the worked stone floor ending and instead turning into unworked, rough stone on all four sides. The cavern continues for about 50 feet before turning into another, smaller room much like the one they are in, though Segomo can't see any more gizmos from here.

What he can see, however, is probably more important. Four goblins were approaching the wall when he opened it, but now they have frozen in their tracks. At least two appear to be drawing weapons, and the lead goblin is about ten feet from Segomo.

However, the lead goblin has not drawn any weapons, and is merely waving his hands and leaning back, yelling something in the goblin tongue. All four are dressed in leather armor from head to foot, and even their faces are covered by leather masks, typical of goblin thieves or explorers. The eyes are covered by small black spheres, making the goblins to appear to have beady black eyes (though their natural eyes are more similar to a humans'). On each one's back is a rather large pack, and each one seems to be carrying a dagger or knife of some sort, and at least two (goblins 2 and 4) have crossbows in their possession. Goblin 2 and 3 appear to be drawing weapons, while 1 and 4 have not yet.

Music selection: Battle in the Dungeon (http://www.mediafire.com/?fbrvimi02gm)

Battle Map
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9940/battlemapwn12adg1.png
The 10x10 brown squares are the magical gizmos. The one to the west is not pictured on this map, but it is identical in placing to the one on the east(the room is pretty much symmetrical). The hidden eastern room is also slightly bigger than pictured, but I don't think those rooms will be much affected by the battle anyway.

Roll initiative.

OOC
I believe that positioning is about right. Let me know if I mixed something up or if there are questions.

PocketRocket
2008-01-12, 12:29 AM
Segomo

Segomo yells, "Kaaya come quickly...trouble!" and then proceeds to step forward pummel the closest goblin. He unloads with a fierce kick followed by a spinning backhand sent to finish this foe quickly.

Init:[roll0]
Attack 1:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]

Damage:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

bchilders
2008-01-12, 01:12 AM
Kaaya hears Segomo's call for help and runs full speed to his aid, drawing her bow as she sprints.

Full move action towards Segomo trying to keep to where I have a clear line of sight to the opening around the gizmo

Orzorz
2008-01-12, 01:30 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Oh my! We are coming-coming!"

As soon as Pushmi Pullyu replys, he dashes out at full speed, even not noticing his beret falling as he runs.

Hmm...no straight line, double move 60ft then, ending at wherever providing a clear charge path to Segomo.

Nu
2008-01-12, 06:37 PM
OOC
I need initiative from you, Orzorz.

Orzorz
2008-01-13, 11:24 AM
OOC:
Init=7, copied from OOC thread.

Nu
2008-01-15, 05:02 AM
OOC Initiative Rolls
[roll0]
[roll1] (Goblin 2)
[roll2] (Goblin 3)
[roll3] (Goblin 4)

Turn Order:
1. Segomo
2. Goblin 4
3. Goblin 2
4. Kayaa
5. Goblin 1
6. Goblin 3
7. Pushmi Pullyu

For anyone who can understand goblin:
The lead goblin spoke with a thick goblin tongue, but he said something to the effect of "Stop, you fools!"

I want to make sure that nothing about Segomo's actions changes given this, so excuse me if I seem like I'm dragging this out, but I think it might be best to see how you react to the goblin's speech for those of you who have goblin as a listed language.

PocketRocket
2008-01-16, 08:42 AM
OOC: Segomo is going to keep his intial action, I don't understand goblin and the rest of you are too far away to hear them.

bchilders
2008-01-16, 09:22 AM
OOC:
Kaaya also doesn't understand...just realized I never put languagees in but it is now fixed. She will continue her move to Segomo aid, stopping as soon as possible to get a shot off.

Orzorz
2008-01-16, 01:46 PM
OOC: Pushmi Pullyu does understand goblin, but lets assume that he'll only react after seeing who, or what was it that spoke goblin, so...turn 2:smallbiggrin:

Nu
2008-01-16, 11:15 PM
Ok, then I am going to resolve actions.

Segomo steps forward and punches the lead goblin aggressively, but the first kick misses entirely while the backhand attack smacks against the goblin's buckler with a loud clang.

Goblin 4 had not drawn a weapon, so it draws a loaded light crossbow and moves ten feet to the east.

Goblin 2 moves strategically into the western corner and slashes diagonally at Segomo.

If Hit: [roll1]

Kayaa closes in on Segomo.

Goblin 1 grunts at Segomo's attack and steps back five feet, then draws a knife and positions himself for combat.

Goblin 3 moves over to one square north of the eastern corner and fires a crossbow bolt at Segomo.

[roll2]
If Hit: [roll Goblin 3 Damage]1d8

Pushmi Pullyu closes in on Segomo and the goblins.

Nu
2008-01-16, 11:22 PM
That first goblin to attack Segomo misses entirely with his knife. However, the crossbow bolt flies true and strikes Segomo in the gut.

[roll0]
If Success:
[roll1]
If Failure:
[roll2]

OOC:
I moved Pushmi Pullyu to the other gizmo as I believe that's where he said he was...though tarutaru have a movespeed of 20', so I believe your double move still ends up at 40'. So I think this map is right. If you see something I missed, please tell me and I will correct it, I want to make sure I've got everyone's position just right.

Updated Map:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4452/battlemapwn12bll6.png

PocketRocket
2008-01-17, 12:42 AM
Segomo
AC 19
HP 10/15

Segomo grunts from the pain of the bolt in his side, but fights through the pain. He steps forward and tries to smack the same goblin in the face twice.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

bchilders
2008-01-17, 10:39 PM
Kaaya
HP 11
AC 18

Kaaya moves in to get a clear shot at the nearest goblin.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Orzorz
2008-01-20, 12:40 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Shootaru my friend! Mess-wess up the gizmos! And you say stop-hop?"Pushmi Pullyu shouts out angrily in goblin as he sees the bolt hit Segomo, obviously against whichever goblin standing at the most rear.

Double move 40ft to the square between Segomo and the gizmo.

Nu
2008-01-21, 05:50 AM
Segomo's first punch strikes true and definitely has an effect, the goblin's head is brutal and there is a loud smacking sound. However, the second punch just barely misses the flailing goblin.

The goblin furthest to the back steps to the side and waits, perhaps looking to line up a better shot later on.

The other goblin attacking Segomo in melee strikes again with its knife.

[roll0]
If Hit, [roll1]

Kayaa rushes forward and fires her longbow, and her aim is true--the goblin to the right drops to the floor with an arrow sticking from its chest. The goblin in the rear takes aim at the mithra, apparently about to fire, but is suddenly interrupted by something.

The lead goblin cries out, in a broken, guttural common thick with accent, "HEY YA! STOPPA this at once! We give...in? Surrelir...we give up!" While it says this, it adopts a defensive position with its dagger, watching Segomo carefully.

Pushmi Pullyu arrives just as the goblin starts to yell, and it follows its attempt at goblin by shouting back at its allies in goblin:

Goblin
"Stop the attack, you fools! This ain't no time to be picking fights!"

The rear goblin aims its weapon and looks nervous, entirely focused on the mithra who'd just taken down its ally, but doesn't fire.

Nu
2008-01-21, 05:55 AM
Somehow I managed to mess up those rolls. Apologies.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The goblin's strike is rather wild and misses Segomo completely.

Updated Battle Map:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2576/battlemapwn12cuf0.png

PocketRocket
2008-01-21, 04:22 PM
"Hey, P? What's going on? Segomo looks back quickly towards P but then quickly turns back to face the goblins, not wanting to take his guard down. He readies an action just in case the goblins havent actually given up.

Segomo will ready an action just in case
if P says to keep attacking or the goblins continue to attack, Segomo will do another 1,2 punch

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

PocketRocket
2008-01-21, 04:23 PM
Crit conformation: [roll0]

bchilders
2008-01-21, 07:03 PM
Kaaya draws her bow back again and holds one arrow at ready waiting to hear from Pushmi what his reaction is.

Orzorz
2008-01-22, 02:20 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"It's ok, Mistaru Segomo, Miss Kayaa, they do notaru want to fight...at leastaru for now."

Pushmi Pullyu steps forward, then raises both of his hands up, with palms open and forward. He turns around on the spot, first to the 'minions' goblins, then to the leader.

"How-wow about dropping-hopping the weapons to the floor-door first?" he saids in goblin, and continues, this time facing the other 'minions' goblins, "I will now castaru a spell-well! But just to heal my friend! Do notaru get too-woo excited, and go heal your companion there-where, ok?

Free action: 5ft step forward.
Standard action:Cast Cure to Segomo. [roll0]

PocketRocket
2008-01-22, 12:09 PM
Segomo feels a rush of life flow into him. He drops his guard, a little and tries to relax

Nu
2008-01-23, 07:26 AM
The lead goblin looks nervously from side to side as Pushmi Pullyu speaks. He seems a bit more comfortable conversing in goblin than in common, and so his reply is as such once he's determined that the tarutaru can understand him and speak back,

Goblin:
"Listen, me and my boys have been lost in these ruins for several days now. We was just...ah, treasure-hunting in a tower somewheres in northwest Sarutabaruta and lost our way. We've been trying to get out for a long times now. If you'd be so kind as to point us towards the exit, and we'll get outta here."

With this, the leader of the goblins drops his knife to the ground. The others look even more nervous, and don't follow suit, they are still clutching their weapons tightly. When the leader barks at them to get to tending to their wounded companion, however, they jump in place and rush to the air of their comrade. One reaches into his pack and procures a potion of some sort, forcing it down the fallen one's throat. The lead goblin sighs and gestures towards them, continuing on,

Golbin:
"As ya's can see, the experience has taken quite the toll on my boys, and it's not like we's were on good terms with yous people to begin with. They's frazzled and mores than a bit paranoid. I just think we should call it a day and get out of here, and heads back to Jeuno before the situation gets any worse."

Orzorz
2008-01-23, 02:21 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

As Pushmi Pullyu listens, he nods and gives the occuational "um"s and "uh huh"s. After telling Segomo and Kayaa in common what the goblin said, he switches back to goblin with the leader.

"Treasure-hunting...I do notaru really mind-hind that, afterall-waterfall, even us tarutarus also did notaru build-wield the ruins," he turns and look at the fallen goblin, "But tell-well me, whataru you all encountered inside? You all seem-deems still well provisioned, getting lostaru for a few-whew days would notaru make you so...messy-wetsy?"

bchilders
2008-01-23, 07:40 PM
Kaaya

Kaaya finally releases the tension in his bow after the goblin puts his knife on the ground. She listens intently as Pushmi converses and explains to them what is going on and waits to hear the leaders response.

Nu
2008-01-24, 12:59 AM
The goblin leader tilts his head a bit and gestures towards the large backpack strapped to his back. The other goblins have similar backpacks. Goblins are notorious for being pack-rats; they often carry lots of miscellaneous junk with them.

Goblin:
"Well, we was packed for a long trip. We just wasn't expecting to spend it all down in this hole. By carefully rationing the supplies, wes could last a few more days. My boys was just starting to think we might never find ours way out of here. Wes had no idea the ruins were this big."

By now the fallen goblin has been revived, and the other two help it shakily regain its footing. The other three goblins stare intensely at you all, their weapons still in their hands but not readied. The lead goblin adds,

Goblin:
"Sos anyways, if you could tell us how to gets out of heres, we'll be gone and won't cause yas anymore trouble."

Orzorz
2008-01-24, 11:42 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu once again tell the others what the goblin said, and continues.

"I see...One more question, got any-many treasures from anything like this-hiss?"he points at the gizmo and the inscriptions behind,"Or say...seen-been any of them broken-token?"

Nu
2008-01-25, 03:36 AM
The goblin considers a moment before replying,

Goblin:
"We's seen a lot of those things at various points in our little 'expedition.' We's don't really know what they are, though, and unless we's were to try and breaks them apart, there doesn't seem to be any treasure to be had by messin' with 'em. We's prefer to conserve our explosives for when we haveta fight, so we hasn't been breaking any of 'em. But..."

At this point the goblin brings a hand to his chin, then reaches into his pack and pulls out a large, black feather.

Goblin:
I supposes you know what this is? We's found it near one ofta big stone things. Apparentlys they's been good at covering up their tracks thus far, but theys musta got careless for a moment and left this behind."

It's pretty easy to guess what the goblin is talking about here (provided you can understand the speech).

Explanation:
Anyone who knows a bit about Windurst and the general history of Vana'diel knows about the yagudo. The yagudo are a race of flightless-birdlike beastmen that are native to the Mindartia continent. At various points in history the yagudo have been both enemies and allies to Windurst. However, like most of the other organized tribes of beastmen, the yagudo were allied with the Shadow Lord during the time of the Crystal War. As of late, Windurst and the Yagudo Theomilitary are technically under the terms of a peace treaty, and so there is no open state of war between the two nations; however, hostilities remain and it is not uncommon for the yagudo to attack travelers in the Windurst region. This is mostly just a reminder/heads-up section, see the history section and the yagudo monster entry for more details.

The goblin pauses, then adds as an afterthought,

Goblin:
"Anyways, we really shoulds get going, before my boys does somethings they gonna regret. Coulds ya tell us how to get out of here, or...or are you lost too?"

Orzorz
2008-01-25, 12:13 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Oh my...Yagudos...Where you find-hind it? "Pushmi Pullyu mutters that out in common, obviously quite starlted by the fact. He pauses for a moment, and finally answers the goblin's question, "Just head-lead out, and you will see-wee a stair. Go up-up, and you will be in East Sarutabaruta."

PocketRocket
2008-01-25, 12:33 PM
"Yagudos? There are Yagudos here, P? That's bad right?" Segomo looks at the black feather with awe.

bchilders
2008-01-26, 04:52 PM
Kaaya, not being particularly found of Yagudos, shivers slighty and says, "Well lets keep alert because I don't think those birds will be as easy to talk to as the goblins were." Kaaya is noticeable quieter for a while after the idea of Yagudos being around was said.

Nu
2008-01-27, 04:48 AM
The lead goblin nods, then shouts in goblin to his lackies, pointing his finger towards the exit indicated by Pushmi Pullyu.

Goblin:
"Let's get outta here. Back ta Muckvix's! Trip's a bust, so we gotta go quick."

The other three goblins nervously begin to move past you. They don't take their eyes off of you. As they do, the goblin adds one last detail,

Goblin:
We's found that feather near one of the big stone thingies. I's think they mays be messin' with 'em. Dunno what they want with 'em, though."

The goblin adds in common, "We go now." And then the leader follows behind his cohorts as the four head out of the ruins.

Orzorz
2008-01-28, 06:20 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu shakes his head, and saids to Segomo,"I myself never-lever seen one before, but I had never-ever seen anyone smile-while or joke-poke when talking about them..."

He slienced for awhile and continues, "Shall-well we continue, or justaru go back-whack and reportaru?"

PocketRocket
2008-01-28, 08:00 AM
Segomo

"I think we should continue. What do you think, little one?"

bchilders
2008-01-29, 07:24 PM
Kaaya

Still having not quite gained her full cheeriness back, Kaaya smiles back and says, "Forward it is."

Nu
2008-01-30, 07:21 AM
Past the door and into the next chamber where the goblins came from is another wide open room, roughly the same size as the one you came from. Also like the one you are standing in, more of the light runes are placed on the floor to grant clear vision over the area. Again, to the west and east are cracked walls. To the north is another tunnel of unworked rock and stone that doesn't actually appear to be part of the ruins. You can't see how far it reaches from here, as there appear to be no light sources inside. There are no stone gizmos in this room.

Orzorz
2008-01-30, 12:04 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Without a word, Pushmi Pullyu walks back to pick up his beret, and soon returns.

"So be-we it!"

He then equips his buckler, pulls out his crossbow, and starts loading it.

"Justary in case...and hmm...If there-where are really Yagudos, I guess they would-could need to knock-knock down the walls like us. We trail-tail the goblins' old path? he finally finishes loading the crossbow, and points it one-handed towards the tunnel.

bchilders
2008-01-30, 01:25 PM
Kaaya

"Sounds as good as anything else," says Kaaya as she keeps her bow at ready and looks around to see if there is anything out of place in this new room.

Listen:[roll1]

PocketRocket
2008-01-31, 07:59 AM
"I will lead the way little ones." Segomo begins to walk cautiously down the same path the goblins went down.

"We will come back for these unopened doors later, yeah?"

Nu
2008-02-01, 09:54 AM
This room is eerily empty. It's not know what purpose this room once store, as it doesn't seem to contain anything other than the lighting runes and passage to other areas. It is also extraordinarily quiet, with the sounds coming from the exploring trio the only ones any of you can detect.

The tunnel itself is carved from stone and extends beyond this section of the runes, and upon closer inspection, seems to curve downward and slightly to the east. It is very dark inside the tunnel, and you don't hear anything or see anything beyond about 30 feet downward. The darkness keeps your vision from penetrating any farther down the tunnel, except for those with darkvision.

Darkvision
The tunnel continues downward, and the slop becomes more and more pronounced as it continues downward for 60', the edge of your darkvision. It's quite clear this tunnel goes down, deeper into the ruins.

PocketRocket
2008-02-01, 12:21 PM
"Well I can see a little farther down into this tunnel and it looks like it is going down. Do we want to try any of those cracked walls, or do we want to go on down?"

Segomo looks deep into the tunnel with his black and white darkvision, studying it carefully to see if he can find anything of interest.

Nu
2008-02-04, 12:39 AM
Darkvision
The tunnel keeps going and going, but there doesn't seem to be much of interest in the tunnel itself. It looks to have been rather roughly carved out of the ground, and the quality of the carving varies from spot to spot.

PocketRocket
2008-02-04, 12:01 PM
"Ok. So it doesn't look like there isn't that many interesting things so far down this tunnel. We could keep going down or check the other walls? What do ya'll think?"

bchilders
2008-02-05, 06:04 PM
Kaaya

"Let's check the walls first...I don't like the idea of leaving things unknown behind us."

Orzorz
2008-02-05, 10:54 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Hmm...We might-wight notaru be the only one knocking-locking down walls...

Pushmi Pullyu nods towards Kayaa, "Butaru we stay close..."

PocketRocket
2008-02-06, 03:31 PM
Segomo

Segomo smiles, knowing that he gets to use his strength again. He goes back to the first room with unopened doors and opens the eastern wall.

Strength check:[roll0]
Strength check:[roll1]
Strength check:[roll2]
Strength check:[roll3]

Nu
2008-02-07, 07:57 PM
Behind the eastern wall, there is a small room that contains a platform stand that could hold another gizmo. However, the orb appears to be gone--on top, there is a short extension that is cracked, as if the orb was forcibly removed from the top of the gizmo platform. This room is otherwise identical to the two side rooms in the previous chamber.

PocketRocket
2008-02-08, 12:15 PM
Segomo

"Hmmm... well this is annoying. Lets check the western wall"

Segomo goes to the western wall and begins to open it.

Strength:[roll3]

bchilders
2008-02-09, 11:00 AM
Kaaya

Kaaya follows Segomo over to the other wall and keeps her bow at ready as her large friend pulls open the other cracked wall.

Nu
2008-02-12, 02:12 AM
The wall slides open easily, revealing yet another small chamber like the ones before it. This one, however, is occupied by an animate object. There is a bomb (the monster type, not an actual explosive) floating around in the chamber, and it turns around and hisses at you when you approach. Apart from the bomb, though, the room appears empty, so what purpose this room has apart from holding this random monster is unknown. Of course, you have more pressing concerns at the time, as the monster appears to be about to attack you.

Roll initiative, and you may post your first round actions if you wish.

Battle Map
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2678/battlemapwn12dlw9.png
Taken a bit of a liberty with Pushmi's position, but I believe he'd be near the rest of you after earlier.

Orzorz
2008-02-12, 08:20 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu was guarding the rear of the party, but once hearing the bomb's hissing, he swiftly turns back and fires his crossbow.

5ft step down, attack bomb with crossbow and reload.
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

PocketRocket
2008-02-12, 12:26 PM
Segomo
AC 19
HP 15/15

Segomo, surprised by the sight of the bomb, runs up and slams the bomb in the face with both of his hands.

Initiative:[roll]1d20+3[roll]

PocketRocket
2008-02-12, 12:27 PM
Crit Confirmation:[roll0]
Crit extra Damage:[roll1]

bchilders
2008-02-13, 03:28 PM
Kaaya

Kaaya, surprised by the sudden appearance of a monster lets loose two poorly aimed shots in the direction of the bomb.

Initiative:[roll0]

Attack1:[roll1] - whatever the penalty is for firing ito melee
Attack2:[roll2] - whatever the penalty is for firing ito melee

Damage1: [roll3]
Damage2:[roll4]

Nu
2008-02-13, 10:39 PM
Music selection: Battle in the Dungeon (http://www.mediafire.com/?fbrvimi02gm)

Initiative Order:

Pushmi Pullyu 19
Bomb [roll1]
Kaaya 13
Segomo [roll0]

Nu
2008-02-13, 10:54 PM
Round One:

Pushmi Pullyu fires a bolt at the bomb, but it quickly jerks out of the way. The tarutaru reloads his crossbow afterwards.

The bomb sizzles and charges the galka monk, attempting a rather vicious slam attack.
[roll0] vs AC 19
If hit, [roll1]

The bomb just barely smacks Segomo, dealing 2 points of damage.

Kayaa's first attack misses rather spectacularly, but the second just barely misses as the mithra is unable to get a good aim with the construct so close to her galka friend.

Segomo answers in kind, with a pair of punches--the first just barely misses its mark, with the bomb dodging the blow at the last second, but the second nails the bomb square in the face. The bomb doesn't appear to be too happy about this, however.

Battle Map:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/903/battlemapwn12eff5.png

Orzorz
2008-02-15, 11:41 AM
Pushmi Pullyu
HP 10
AC 18
TP 0

"Eat this!"

As Segomo's fist connects the bomb, Pushmi Pullyu takes the chance and fires again.

Fire crossbow at bomb and reload.

PocketRocket
2008-02-15, 12:42 PM
Segomo
HP 13/15
AC 19

Segomo barely even flinches at the bombs attack. He lets out a feral growl, and punches the bomb again

Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

bchilders
2008-02-15, 05:36 PM
Kaaya

Seeing her dear friend attacked Kaaya tries to focus more intently on her next two attacks.

Attack1:[roll0]
Attack2:[roll1]

Nu
2008-02-15, 08:24 PM
Pushmi Pullyu just barely misses the bomb; he overcorrects in order to avoid hitting his friend, and the bolt lodges itself in the nearby wall. Immediately thereafter, the tarutaru loads his crossbow with another bolt.

The bomb glows red, mad with rage, and lashes out violently at the galka monk. However, it misses entirely, Segomo barely even has to flinch to avoid the bomb's wild slam.

[roll0] vs. AC 19

Segomo again misses with his first blow, but his second connects squarely, again smashing the bomb's face.

Kaaya also scores a narrow miss with her arrows. It is exceedingly difficult to aim with ranged weaponry into the melee-based conflict.

The battle map is unchanged this round. The bomb is now smoking slightly more from several areas; it is obviously damaged, but still functioning.

bchilders
2008-02-15, 11:55 PM
Kaaya

Kaaya decides to try one more time with her arrows before she decides if she needs to close into melee combat to help Segomo.

Attack:[roll1]

Orzorz
2008-02-16, 12:45 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Without a word, Pushmi Pullyu raises the crossbow and fires again.

Attack bomb with crossbow and reload.

PocketRocket
2008-02-17, 02:21 PM
Segomo

Come on fists, don't fail me

Segomo again lets loose two very hard fists.

Nu
2008-02-17, 03:26 PM
Pushmi Pullyu is again unable to get a clean shot, and the bomb dodges the incoming bolt.

The bomb slams its body hard against Segomo, landing a solid blow against the galka. Segomo takes 6 points of bludgeoning damage.

[roll0] vs. AC 19
If Hit, [roll1]

Kayaa is still unable to hit with the arrows while shooting into such tight confines.

Segomo, however, perhaps in response to the last hit by the bomb, scores two strong blows against the bomb, the first cracking open the construct's body and the second caving in its face. The arcane contraption falls to the ground in a heap, its body smoking and sizzling, clearly no longer functional.

Victory!

Aside from the smoking husk of the bomb, however, the room appears completely empty. If there was anything here before, there is no longer any trace of it.

bchilders
2008-02-17, 10:53 PM
Kaaya

"Sorry I wasn't able to help much Seggy, I'll work on my archery skill in close quarters so maybe next time you won't have to do all the work," Kaaya says trying to make light of her inability to help out.

PocketRocket
2008-02-18, 12:12 PM
Segomo
HP 7/15

Segomo is breathing heavily after the fight, do in part to the two big hits he received and to the pure adrenaline coursing through his veins. "It is ok little one. I know how effective you are in long distance. You will help out plenty when we get out of these tight areas. Shall we move on?"

OOC:Don't remember if there were any more doors to open. If there are I guess I will move to those, if not then we are heading down.

Orzorz
2008-02-18, 04:10 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

As the bomb goes down, Pushmi Pullyu is still trembling, part from pulling too hard when reloading the crossbow, part due to the nervousness as he misses and misses again.

He slowly releases his grip on the crossbow, allowing the to slide back and sling around his hip. An orb of light then appeared on his hand, and he walks forward and touches Segomo's wounds.

As the orb fades away, Pushmi Pullyu suddenly feels like his legs turning into jelly, and drops on his bottom.

"My-why...mustaru be that flying...Mistaru Segomo, Miss Kayaa, I am afraid I can notaru do anymore spells-wells today. But give-live me a few-whew minutes, and we go on. Meanwhile..." trying to make full use of the short rest, he starts mapping the area again, expecially marking where the damaged gizmo is.

Cast cure on Segomo:[roll0]
OOC: Just a little description, can proceed on if necessary.

Nu
2008-02-19, 12:55 AM
Segomo is fully healed by the red mage's spell.

Once Pushmi Pullyu's map is finished, (I assume) you return to the tunnel of unworked stone and head downward. It's completely dark throughout the tunnel; everyone without darkvision will basically be completely unable to see here and have to follow Segomo closely. The tunnel goes on slightly down for quite a while, before opening into a much, much larger cavern than anything you have encountered before.

The cavern is a massive, hollowed out area that extends well beyond your range of vision. About 80 feet to the north and to the west the area is lit, there is a section of worked stone (stone tiles, like the previous sections of ruins that you have explored) that is built into the western wall and the floor, extending out in every direction. There are a pair of light runes on this section of the wall, but otherwise, the cavern is completely dark, and Segomo can only see a rough, rocky surface as the ground here (though the light runes provide shadowy illumination near the section of worked stone, revealing that the same empty, rough surface surrounds the area). However, there is one thing of interest in your immediate range of vision: there is a cracked wall (similar to all of the previous cracked walls you have seen) below the light runes on the western wall, built into the section of worked stone. For whatever reason, it's as if the rest of this room was either destroyed or eroded over the years, leaving only this small section standing.

PocketRocket
2008-02-19, 08:00 AM
Segomo

"Hmmm... only this one wall. Shall I open it?"

Orzorz
2008-02-20, 02:43 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

As Pushmi Pullyu finally sees some light, he slightly rubs his eyes, and let out a sigh of relief.

"I mustaru remember to bring-wing some torches the next time. Too-woo careless."

He is, however, still keeping close to Segomo. Hearing Segomo's suggestion, he taps on him and said, "Mistaru Segomo, do you see-wee other hole-moles or crack-whacks in the dark? Those goblins did notaru seem to have came through there?"

PocketRocket
2008-02-20, 03:34 PM
Segomo

"Yes Pushmi, I do see a crack over there." Segomo points to the wall and turns his body towards the wall."No it doesn't look like the goblins came through here. Would you like me to muscle it open?".

bchilders
2008-02-20, 09:24 PM
Kaaya

Kaaya keeps her eyes and ears open and investigates the large area. "I sure a glad your making a map P, because I'd be lost in here in a second."

Listen:[roll1]
Survival:[roll2]
Search:[roll3]

Nu
2008-02-20, 10:06 PM
For the most part, it is too dark for Kaaya to search the cavern for very far beyond the rune-lit wall section, though her low-light vision helps tremendously in searching the surrounding area. From what she can see, it is obvious that the goblins passed through here, but they left the cracked wall alone. She hears a faint whirring beyond the loose wall section, a sound that is slightly familiar somehow--she's heard it very recently.

PocketRocket
2008-02-21, 12:33 PM
Segomo

"Do you hear anything Kaaya? I know your ears are better than mine."

bchilders
2008-02-22, 12:34 AM
Kaaya

Kaaya relays all she sees and hears. "Sometimes Seggy I wish I knew how it felt to see out of your eyes. It must be cool to not need light to see."

PocketRocket
2008-02-22, 04:47 PM
Segomo

"Oh!!! So probably another one of those red bomb things. Can I open the wall!?"

bchilders
2008-02-23, 06:15 PM
Kaaya

"As long as we know what to expect I can't see why not. Hopefully I'll be a little more help this time. See if you can't let me get a clear shot before rushing in this time Seggy." Kaaya draws her bow and gets ready to fire when the door is opened.

Just in case there is a bomb I'll get initiative out of the way.

Orzorz
2008-02-24, 12:10 PM
Pushmi Pullyu

Standing behind Segomo, Pushmi Pullyu draws his spear, takes a deep breath and announces, "Ok-ok, lets do it!"

Just in case...
Set charge with spear, at 5ft behind Segomo, facing the crack.

PocketRocket
2008-02-24, 10:52 PM
Segomo

Segomo begins to open the wall, and lets both Kaaya and P go before he acts.

Nu
2008-02-24, 11:05 PM
Segomo slides the wall to the side, and it fits snugly in the open slot for it. However, while there IS an arcane construct inside, it is not another bomb. Kayaa now knows where she'd heard it before, as well: it is a cardian, just like the cardians the adventurers had seen before throughout Windurst.

This cardian, however, appears to be not working so well. It is hunched over slightly, and its movements are erratic. There is a magic gizmo in the room, but it too seems to be missing the critical part. The massive stone orb that should top the gizmo is absent, and it appears by the would-be base of the orb that it was broken off. The cardian was moving back and forth at the base of the ramp leading up to the top of the gizmo, but now its attention is focused firmly on you. In its hands it cradles a large quarterstaff, though its limbs appear to be shaking slightly.

"What...wHAT!" this cardian's voice appears to be attempting to match the melodic pattern of the constructs in Windurst city, but failing. There is clearly something wrong with this unit. "Youuuuu....YOU BRing MaNA orbS? G-g-gIVE The maNA ORbs to ME!" The cardian moves towards you slowly, and though its intent isn't clear, it seems too badly malfunctioning to put up much of a fight, and continues to speak as it approaches, "MaNA orbs aRE CARdian's HEarTS! ManA ORBs arE c-c-CA-CAR-CARDIAN's soULS! If yOU Not giVE mANa oRBs, I tAKE yoUR soULs inSTEAD!" It shifts to the left and right slightly as it approaches, as if it is unable to move in a straight line, despite the fact that the "wheels" that make up its base appear undamaged. The cardian remains slightly hunched over as it approaches.

OOC:
You can act outside initiative if you wish, this isn't really an actual battle. The thing is too busted to really pose a threat.

PocketRocket
2008-02-25, 09:59 PM
Segomo

Confused, Segomo closes the wall back, if at all possible to stop the cardian from advancing on them.

Nu
2008-02-25, 10:17 PM
The wall can be closed, and Segomo wouldn't have any problems sliding it back into place. It returns to its original position with a heavy thunk, and then a second, lighter thunk follows (probably the sound of the construct hitting the wall, though not very hard since it wasn't moving terribly fast).

PocketRocket
2008-02-26, 11:56 AM
Segomo

"What's a mana orb, P? This guy looked pretty screwed up. We should probably try to find them, whatever they are"

Nu
2008-02-26, 12:06 PM
OOC:
That'd be a Knowledge (arcana) check, though it's too high to get any results untrained if no one has ranks in it.

bchilders
2008-02-26, 11:54 PM
Kaaya

"Mana orb doesn't mean anything to me, maybe we'll know it when we see it," Kaaya says, some of her optimism starting to return.

Orzorz
2008-02-28, 12:21 AM
Pushmi Pullyu

"Never-ever heard of it either..."

PocketRocket
2008-02-28, 11:35 AM
Segomo

"Hmmm... Ok!" Segomo begins to continue down the dark path.

Nu
2008-03-01, 05:01 AM
Heading further into the darkness is not immediately profitable; the tarutaru and mithra must remain close to their galka ally, as there don't seem to be any other light sources in the immediate area once you clear the carved wall section. Segomo covers about two hundred feet of rocky ground before anything else turns up. There is a small, running, underground stream here. It is extremely shallow, about 3-5 inches deep, and only about 2 feet accross. Segomo can also sense that the ceiling has grown closer as he heads further in, he would guess that the current height of the ceiling is about 80 feet. About sixty feet in front of the galka, just on the edge of his darkvision beyond the stream is what appears to be an abandoned quarterstaff, of similar design to the one the cardian you just met was using.

PocketRocket
2008-03-01, 11:39 AM
Segomo

Segomo walks over to the quarterstaff and inspects it.

"Hey this looks like what the cardian was using. Why do you think its here?"

Segomo picks up the quarterstaff and shows it to his companions, forgetting that they can't see in the dark.