PDA

View Full Version : Death Touch Optimization

Morof Stonehands
2020-02-24, 08:35 PM
Hey all,

Just brainstorming some ways to improve the Death Domain granted power Death Touch.

So far I have:
Empower Supernatural Ability (Tome of Magic): The roll for death touch should be considered variable for this to work, as best I can tell.

Initiate of Nerull (Dragon #342): Let’s you roll d8 instead of d6 for the death touch.

Domain Focus ACF (Dragon #347): Gets rid of one of my domains, and let’s me use death touch twice a day.

Is there anything else that y’all know of to make this ability better?

Falontani
2020-02-24, 08:50 PM
Winter's Mark from the Dragonmarked book.

One Step Two
2020-02-24, 08:58 PM
Power Surge from Dragon Mag #313 might work, depending on two things
1: If you can get the ability to use Death touch 3/day
2: The DM rules that the ability to add the +1 Damage per dice applies to the Death Touch HP total to check vs Death.

Wildstag
2020-02-24, 09:16 PM
For Domain Focus, you could also choose the double strength option so that the Death Domain deals 2d6 per cleric level you possess. That way you'd keep reasonable pace with some monsters. I can imagine dealing 10d6 damage at level 5 to gib a creature would be quite potent.

Morof Stonehands
2020-02-25, 05:37 PM
Winter's Mark from the Dragonmarked book.

Nice find, like an alternate death touch. Slightly different but still cool.

Power Surge from Dragon Mag #313 might work, depending on two things
1: If you can get the ability to use Death touch 3/day
2: The DM rules that the ability to add the +1 Damage per dice applies to the Death Touch HP total to check vs Death.

Seems pretty reasonable, now the trick is just getting another use.

For Domain Focus, you could also choose the double strength option so that the Death Domain deals 2d6 per cleric level you possess. That way you'd keep reasonable pace with some monsters. I can imagine dealing 10d6 damage at level 5 to gib a creature would be quite potent.

Kind of a tough reading for that one. Might be a hard sell, since it says twice the uses or twice the bonus. But a solid idea nonetheless