PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Time for Witches (help creating the next stage of my kids adventure)

KyleG
2020-02-25, 04:03 AM
I started an adventure with the kids a year ago...starting with LMOP it became a more improv game along the way. Part of that journey was releasing a Druidess trapped beneath a well, who gave them gifts before leaving and bringing nature more alive. Despite sucking some life from each of them no battle commenced.

Sometime has passed since them and now level 5 and stripped of what they once had they are now on an island and once more have accepted gifts from a kindly stranger. Adventure has ensured once more and ive now decided that the stranger will be the second of three sisters (the first being the druidess), and the eventually BBEGs for the compaign maybe. Like her sister before her she is trapped but hers is not a stone bunker but this very island.
How she is trapped? well that is the question i am asking.

Given the events that have transpired on the island thus far i see this woman/witch as a sorceress/wizardly type of a time/divination speciality (the final sister to be have a more divine connection). I envisage her as something akin to Doctor Whos 'Master' a master manipulator.
The party have just retrieved a boy (8ish) and the plan is to return him to his family. I think she has set things up that the family is no more and she will manipulate the pcs into letting her take care of him (maybe whilst they look for the family?). Right now they have no reason to suspect her at all.

When they meet her the Woman looks younger/stronger and the boy now a later teen (time is odd on this island) barely more than a shell. He is a conduit of sorts, she is using his innate power to empower herself with the goal to break free from this prison. It's possible in the time time since the boy was handed over she has suggested tasks for them to do or something to aid in her release (insert mcguffin).

What do you think?
What would you stat this woman as? The plan is they will battle her at some point near her escape (but hopefully she escapes).
What has happened to the kids parents?
What is the final sister exactly? I thought about inserting her as a background DMPC to travel with them later.
I want to spend a while on this island, maybe 10+ sessions? What needs to be done to aid the womans ascension to freedom?

Some other things about this island...its not sized yet but i have indicated that their is a pirate township on the farside, a possible escape route for the players. But apart from that and the village where they were asked to look for the child then i havent fleshed it out yet.

Hopefully some of you will contribute some ideas.

Have a good one.