PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Imbued Healing Question

Chester
2020-02-25, 06:00 AM
Imbued Healing Question for 3.5:

Does the +1 temp HP total come from the spell level, target's level, my caster level or Character Level? I have been playing caster level.

"Each of these carrier effects has a duration of 1 minute per level of the conjuration (healing) spell cast and an equivalent spell level"

And regarding its healing domain ability:
"Healing: 1 temporary hit point per level or HD. These temporary hit points last for up to 1 hour." Which level?

Morof Stonehands
2020-02-25, 06:24 AM
The way it’s written, “per level or HD”, implies that level in this instance is character level.

Kelb_Panthera
2020-02-25, 07:37 AM
Absent anything to the contrary, and it looks like that's the case, I'd say the obvious interpretation is to give 1 THP for each of the target's HD. 5th level human fighter; 5 temp HP. Bugbear rogue 2; also 5 temp HP.

If the intent was caster level or spell level, they'd be mentioned. They aren't.

If the caster's power was to be the basis, I'd expect it to have keyed off of caster level or cleric level. It doesn't make any sense that your fighter levels or racial HD would make you more capable of rendering durability onto someone else.