PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need feedback on an Incarnum Pathfinder conversion

EisenKreutzer
2020-02-25, 12:49 PM
So, I'm still plugging away at my MoI Pathfinder 1e conversion. This time I've tried my hands at converting a soulmeld into a veil (Akashic Mysteries, obviously): Incarnate Avatar
Descriptors Chaotic, evil, good, or lawful
Class Incarnate
Chakra Shoulders
Saving Throw Fortitude

Shaping this veil gathers akashic energies around the incarnate to form a second body encasing his own, a physical form superimposed over his body, clothing, and armor. Its movements—even its facial expressions—are in perfect synchro-nization with your own, so that in every way the incarnate appears to be the imposing avatar of his alignment's ideals. The appearance of the incarnates avatar depends on his alignment.
Chaos: The incarnate avatar resembles a protean. The protean form is hulking and serpentine, with sharp claws and a toothy maw. The incarnate gains a +1 insight bonus to ranged attack rolls.
Evil: Your incarnate avatar has the form of a daemon, with wicked horns and dark, translucent skin rippling with shadow. The incarnate gains a +2 insight bonus on melee damage rolls.
Good: Your incarnate avatar takes the form of an angel, with pearl-white skin and (nonfunctional) white-feathered wings. The incarnate gains a +2 insight bonus to AC.
Law: This incarnate avatar resembles an inevitable, a powerful humanoid form with golden armor over an onyx body. The incarnate gains a +1 insight bonus to melee attack rolls.
Incarnate avatar is treated as a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful effect, based on your alignment.

Essence
Investing essence in your incarnate avatar gives you a specific benefit depending on your alignment.
Chaos: The insight bonus on ranged attack rolls increases by +1 for
every point of essence invested in this veil.
Evil: The insight bonus on melee damage rolls increases by +2 for
every point of essence that invested in this veil.
Good: The insight bonus to your Armor Class increases by +1 for every
point of essence invested in this veil.
Law: The insight bonus on melee attack rolls increases by +1 for every
point of essence invested in this veil.

Chakra Bind (Shoulders): [I10]
Binding this veil to the shoulders slot transforms the incarnate into the appearance of the incarnate avatar.
This grants an ability based on the incarnates alignment.
Chaos: You gain an enhancement bonus of +30 feet to your base land speed.
Evil: You can fly at a speed of 30 feet with good maneuverability.
Good: You can fly at a speed of 30 feet with good maneuverability.
Law: You gain immunity to daze, paralysis, petrification, and stun, as well as a constant freedom of movement effect.

Chakra Bind (Headband): [I12]
Binding the incarnates avatar to the headband chakra grants the following abilities, based on the incarnates alignment.
Chaos: As a standard action, the incarnate may fire a ray of pure
chaos at a creature, as a ranged touch attack. If this attack hits, it deals no damage but inflicts a warpwave (Bestiary 2, page 213) unless the creature passes a Fortitude save. The incarnate may instead fire the ray as a swift action, but if he does he must also pass a Fort save or be affected by the warpwave. For every 2 essence invested in this veil, the save DC increases by 1.
Evil: If a creature dies within 10 feet of the incarnate while this veil
is bound to the headband chakra, the incarnate gains 1d8 temporary HP and +2 strength for 10 minutes. This effect stacks up to a number of times equal to the essence invested in the incarnate avatar veil.
Good: As a move action a number of times per day equal to his
veilweaving modifier, the incarnate may brand an evil creature within close range (25ft. +5 per level) with a glowing celestial mark that exposes their evil for all to see. The incarnate and all allies within close range gain a +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls against the creature, and a +2 sacred bonus on caster level checks to overcome the creatures spell resistance. For every point of essence invested in this veil, the sacred bonuses increase by +1
A creature may only have a single brand active at one time. This brand lasts for a number of days equal to the incarnates veilweaving modifier.
Law: The incarnates melee attacks become charged with power.
Whenever the incarnate hits with a melee attack, he may take 1 point of essence burn to have the attack inflict either 3d6 sonic damage or 3d6 electricity damage. If he chooses sonic, the target must pass a Fort save or become deafened for a number of rounds equal to the amount of essence invested in this veil. If he chooses electricity, the target becomes blinded for the same duration unless they pass a Fort save. For every point of essence invested in this veil, the damage increases by 1d6 and the save DC increases by +1.

I struggled a bit with what to do with this one. Obviously the Body bind (Soul chakra equivalent) is laughably weak, given the level it comes online. I had the choice between trying to come up with a completely new effect at the Body bind level, or change the chakra of the veil. I ended up giving it two chakra binds, boosting the strength of its powers and coming up with a new set of (hopefully) appropriate powers at the Headband chakra. I tried to stay inside the core theme of the soulmeld with this, but I have no idea how balanced this is.