PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Re-Optimizing My Level 5 Human Psion

Bartmanhomer
2020-02-26, 08:29 PM
Hello everybody. Before I forum crash I use to play a long waited D&D 3.5 game known as the Black Shingle Fiasco in this forum which I play three characters, A male drow rogue/ranger got killed, gnome male gnome warlock betrayed the party by lying and my female human psion. So anyway the game ended a cliffhanger because the DM left the game. So anyway I wanted to re-optimized my Level 5 female human psion named Pamela Chalice and here's her character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1104865 So anyway I want to buff up my offensive and defensive abilities with her powers making her a powerful sweeper. Unless someone else has a better suggestion, free feel to speak up. :smile:

StevenC21
2020-02-26, 10:25 PM
Drop CHA to 8 and CON to 12, you want an INT of 18.

The sheet says level five, but you only have 4d4 hit dice?

I would typically caution against Point Blank Shot. In most cases, you don't want your very squishy Psion anywhere near the big scary monsters.

Body Adjustment is one of the absolute worst psion powers there is, in my opinion.

I'd swap out Dissipating Touch for the same reasons as Point Blank Shot.

Get a Psicrystal: They are sweet.

I'm skeptical about your skill spread, but that's really based on the campaign. So it might work for you.

Calthropstu
2020-02-27, 02:40 PM
Drop CHA to 8 and CON to 12, you want an INT of 18.

The sheet says level five, but you only have 4d4 hit dice?

I would typically caution against Point Blank Shot. In most cases, you don't want your very squishy Psion anywhere near the big scary monsters.

Body Adjustment is one of the absolute worst psion powers there is, in my opinion.

I'd swap out Dissipating Touch for the same reasons as Point Blank Shot.

Get a Psicrystal: They are sweet.

I'm skeptical about your skill spread, but that's really based on the campaign. So it might work for you.

I disagree. Especially if this is straight point buy.

Drop strength to 8.
Drop either dex or con to 8 as they both serve the same function. Increase the one you don't drop to 16.
Increase wis to 12.
Increase cha to 13. (unless the role-play is minimal in which case drop to 8 and increase int to 17 spending the lvl 4 stat boost to hit 18)
For powers, drop dissipating touch. Treat melee like the plague. If you drop dex, also drop the powers relying on dex. Replace it with de javu. (trust me, its hilarity alone will make it worth the effort. Watching the enemy sorcerer cast mage armor over and over again while your party beats the living crap out him is hilarious.) If you drop dex also drop powers relying on it like energy ray. Swap it out with some sort of other damaging effect.
Also drop something to pick up ego whip. It gives you an option to beat opponents other than hp. One shotting ogres and giants is pretty neat. I'd suggest dropping energy push for it.