PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Gestalt Character mechanics help request

samduke
2020-02-28, 07:51 PM
so I understand gestalt just fine, what I am looking to see is if eveything I want to do with a level 20 build actually functions as expected. (known potential issue with 1 monk archetype)

Race: probably Human

Monk (Drunken Master, Monk of the Four Winds) 12/Alchemist 3/Oracle (life) 3/ (unknown class) 2
Slayer 3/Paladin 6/Magus 6/Champion of Irori 2/Daggermark Poisoner 3

Eldonauran
2020-02-28, 07:58 PM
Hmm, seems like you are trying to build a character that can self-replenish Ki and Smite with their channels. Are you also trying to mix Arcane pool with Ki and using that as 'panache'? Are you taking Alchemist levels for a tumor familiar? If so, Champion of Irori is going to be an issue, because it doesn't allow you to have companions (animals/familiars/followers).

NigelWalmsley
2020-02-28, 08:53 PM
What do you expect this build to do? Maybe my lack of experience with PF is causing me to miss something, but it seems like you're missing the part where you explain to us what trick you're trying to pull.

Ualaa
2020-02-28, 10:00 PM
so I understand gestalt just fine, what I am looking to see is if eveything I want to do with a level 20 build actually functions as expected. (known potential issue with 1 monk archetype)

Race: probably Human

Monk (Drunken Master, Monk of the Four Winds) 12/Alchemist 3/Oracle (life) 3/ (unknown class) 2
Slayer 3/Paladin 6/Magus 6/Champion of Irori 2/Daggermark Poisoner 3

Assuming your classes are listed in order...

01 Monk 01...... | Slayer 01, 01.00, F/R/W
02 Monk 02...... | Slayer 02, 02.00, F/R/W
03 Monk 03...... | Slayer 03, 03.00, F/R/W
04 Monk 04...... | Paladin 01, 04.00, F/R/W
05 Monk 05...... | Paladin 02, 05.00, F/R/W
06 Monk 06...... | Paladin 03, 06.00, F/R/W
07 Monk 07...... | Paladin 04, 07.00, F/R/W
08 Monk 08...... | Paladin 05, 08.00, F/R/W
09 Monk 09...... | Paladin 06, 09.00, F/R/W
10 Monk 10...... | Magus 01, 09.75, F/R/W
11 Monk 11...... | Magus 02, 10.50, F/R/W
12 Monk 12...... | Magus 03, 11.25, F/R/W
13 Alchemist 01 | Magus 04, 12.00, F/R/W
14 Alchemist 02 | Magus 05, 12.75, F/R/W
15 Alchemist 03 | Magus 06, 13.50, F/R/W
16 Oracle 01..... | Ch_Irori 01, 14.50, F/R/W
17 Oracle 02..... | Ch_Irori 02, 15.50, F/R/W
18 Oracle 03..... | Dagg.P 01, 16.50, F/W (R)
19 ??? 01......... | Dagg.P 02, 17.50, F (R/W)
20 ??? 02......... | Dagg.P 03, 18.50, F (R/W)

Mechanically pretty good, almost full BAB (+18 at 20th).
Strong Fort save all the way through, with good will through 18 levels and pending your 19/20 classes, only one level with slow Reflex progression.

Here is the HL (nothing selected except minimum skill ranks, alignment and deity):

Gestalt
No race alchemist 3/champion of irori 2/daggermark poisoner 3/magus 6/monk 12/oracle 3/paladin 6/slayer 3/ge (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 53, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 26, 42, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9)
LG Medium
Init +0; Senses Perception +0 (+3 to find traps)
Aura courage (10 ft.)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 monk)
hp 136 (18d8+18)
Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +11; +4 bonus vs. poison, +2 vs. enchantments
Defensive Abilities improved evasion; Immune disease, fear, poison
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 70 ft.
Melee unarmed strike +18/+13/+8/+3 (2d6) or
unarmed strike flurry of blows +29/+29/+24/+24/+19/+14 (2d6)
Ranged bomb +19 (2d6 fire)
Special Attacks arcane pool (+2, 3 points), bomb 3/day (2d6 fire, DC 11), channel positive energy 2/day (DC 13, 3d6), flurry of blows, quick poisoning, smite chaos, smite evil 4/day (+0 attack and AC, +8 damage), sneak attack +1d6, spell combat, spell recall, spellstrike, studied target +1 (1st, move action), stunning fist (5/day, DC 20)
Champion of Irori Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +2)
At will—detect chaos
Paladin Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th; concentration +6)
At will—detect evil
Oracle Spells Known (CL 3rd; concentration +3)
Alchemist Extracts Prepared (CL 3rd; concentration +3)
Magus Spells Prepared (CL 6th; concentration +6)
Paladin Spells Prepared (CL 3rd; concentration +3)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +18; CMB +21; CMD 31 (can't be tripped)
Feats Brew Potion, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Throw Anything
Skills Acrobatics +0 (+28 to jump), Craft (alchemy) +8 (+11 to create alchemical items, +9 for checks dealing with poison), Craft (traps) +6 (+9 with poisonous traps), Heal +8 (+9 on checks dealing with poison), Perception +0 (+3 to find traps), Sleight of Hand +8
Languages Common
SQ abundant step, alchemy (alchemy crafting +3), fast movement, high jump, ki pool (7 points, cold iron, lawful, magic, silver), lay on hands 4/day (4d6), maneuver training, master poisoner, mutagen (+4/-2, +2 natural armor, 30 minutes), poison use, slow fall 60 ft., swift alchemy, toxic apothecary, toxic manufactory, toxic tricks, track +1, trapster, wholeness of body (12 hit points)
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abundant Step (Su) Use 2 Ki as a move action, to dimension door self.
Alchemy +3 (Su) +3 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Arcane Pool +2 (3/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Aura of Courage +4 (10 ft.) (Su) Allies in aura gain a morale bonus to saves vs. fear.
Bomb 2d6 (3/day, DC 11) (Su) Thrown Splash Weapon deals 2d6 fire damage.
Detect Chaos (At will) (Sp) You can use Detect Chaos at will (as the spell).
Detect Evil (At will) (Sp) You can use detect evil at will (as the spell).
Fast Movement (+40 ft.) The Monk adds 10 or more feet to his base speed.
Flurry of Blows +29/+29/+24/+24/+19/+14/+9/+4/-1 (Ex) As full-rd action, higher BAB and combo unarmed/monk wep as if two-weapon fighting.
High Jump (+12/+32 with ki point) (Ex) +12 to Acrobatics checks made to jump.
Immunity to Disease You are immune to diseases.
Immunity to Fear (Ex) You are immune to all fear effects.
Immunity to Poison You are immune to poison.
Improved Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead. Failure deals half dam.
Improved Unarmed Strike Unarmed strikes don't cause attacks of opportunity, and can be lethal.
Ki Pool (7/day) (Su) You have a ki pool equal to 1/2 your monk level + your Wisdom modifier.
Lay on Hands (4d6 hit points, 4/day) (Su) As a standard action (swift on self), touch channels positive energy and applies mercies.
Maneuver Training (Ex) CMB = other BABs + Monk level
Master Poisoner +1 (Ex) +1 to Craft (alchemy) for poisons, can change poison type.
Mutagen (DC 11) (Su) Mutagen adds +4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +2 nat. armor for 30 minutes.
Paladin Channel Positive Energy 3d6 (2/day, DC 13) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Quick Poisoning (Ex) Poison a weapon as a move action.
Slow Fall 60 ft. (Ex) Treat a fall as shorter than normal if within arm's reach of a wall.
Smite Chaos (Su) +0 to hit, +2 to damage, +0 deflection bonus to AC when used.
Smite Evil (4/day) (Su) +0 to hit, +8 to damage, +0 deflection bonus to AC when used.
Sneak Attack +1d6 Attacks deal extra dam if flank foe or if foe is flat-footed.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.
Spell Recall (Su) Spend your Arcane Pool to recall spells you have already cast.
Spellstrike (Su) Deliver touch spells as part of a melee attack.
Studied Target +1 (move action, 1 at a time) (Ex) Study foe as a Move action, gain +1 to att/dam & some skills vs. them.
Stunning Fist (5/day, DC 20) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) Construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.
Toxic Apothecary +1 (Ex, Sp) Detect poison at will (5 ft range), bonus to Heal checks for poison.
Toxic Manufactory (1 doses) (Ex) Make up to 1 doses of poison simultaneously.
Toxic Tricks (1/day) The various Daggermark Poisoner Custom abilities draw from this common pool.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to Survival checks made to track.
Trapster +3/+1 (Ex) Perception bonus vs. all traps, Craft & Disable bonus vs. poisoned traps. Bonus to DC & att for created poison trap.
Wholeness of Body (12 hit points) (Su) Use 2 ki as a standard action to heal own wounds.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

samduke
2020-02-28, 10:23 PM
Assuming your classes are listed in order...

That was... interesting not quite what I was after...

I am in fact trying to build a character that can self-replenish Ki and Smite with their channels, not making any use of animals, but am making use of poisons, the only major flaw at the moment that I am seeing is that the 1 monk archtype I want to use takes away the prerequisite for Champion of Irori Special: Smite evil class feature, still mind class feature which the Drunken Master Monk Drunken Ki (Su) This ability replaces still mind, and to self replicate KI ect I think this falls apart without the Drunken Master Monk.

Eldonauran
2020-03-01, 01:18 PM
Yes, the still mind class feature is troublesome. I've tried to do something like you are a few times. As far as I am aware, you simply cannot get back the still mind class feature once you've traded it off (monk only ability). This simply ruins any attempt to work the Champion of Irori prestige class into a build that recharges Ki like that.