PDA

View Full Version : New weapons (SW Saga)

RelentlessImp
2007-10-22, 02:05 PM
{table=head]Weapon Name|Cost|Damage|Stun Damage|Weight|Type|Availability
Lightsabers
Two-Handed Lightsaber|4,000|2d10|-|1 kg|Energy and slashing|Rare
Exotic Weapons
Lightwhip(1)|8,000|2d4|2d6|1.5 kg|Energy|Rare
[/table]
(1) = Reach weapon

Two-Handed Lightsaber
Lightsaber
Wielded by Jedi whose belief goes along the lines of "might makes right", the two-handed lightsaber produces a slightly longer, slightly more deadly blade. A lightsaber requires a special energy to operate (the cost is ten times the price of an ordinary energy cell, but it lasts almost indefinitely).

Lightwhip
Exotic Weapon
The lightwhip is an odd weapon. It functions akin to a lightsaber, however, it is not entirely self-contained. With a cylindrical handle, which houses the power cell, and a long, flexible metallic "whip", it has two settings: lethal and stun. The energy the cell produces creates dangerous an angry humming sound akin to a lightsaber. If the target is wearing any sort of armor that negates energy damage, however, the lightwhip deals no damage.

When it strikes, there is an electrical "snap" at the point of contact, releasing a jolt of lethal or stun damage to the target. Because the lightwhip is so flexible, it can be used to wrap around an opponent's limb and begin a grapple attack using your Dexterity modifier. If you succeed, and your opponent fails, you can trip them to the ground, even without the Trip feat.

Due to the nature of the energy produced by the cell in the lightwhip, you cannot deal damage with it on a Grapple attack.

Unlike most reach weapons, you can use a lightwhip to strike opponents adjacent to you.

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a lightwhip.

StickMan
2007-10-22, 06:28 PM
Wielded by Jedi whose belief goes along the lines of "might makes right"

OK that statement right there is just wrong, we can go in to the fight on it but historically the only Jedi with that belief is a Dark Jedi and Sith.

Now outside that I see no balance issue honestly that I can give but its been said many times that you can't make a more powerful blade on a lightsaber. Main reason is that there is no reason to ever wield a light saber two handed cause the blade ways nothing.

The stats for Long lightsabers has not been drawn up in SW saga as far as I know but the last version just gave 10 ft reach.

AjaxTorbin
2007-10-22, 06:54 PM
i used to play tthe old D6 starwars Rpg way back when.
in that game i was our starship's mechanic and had a lot of techy skills.
when he became jedi i made my lightsaber adjustable. it could split in two, (so i could duel wield) it had a feature call 'visious" where used more power than normal but did more damage( i could turn that feature off of course) it was extendable(reach weapon) and i had gaunlets i could mount it in.
it cost the same as my starfighter.:smallsmile:

RelentlessImp
2007-10-22, 11:24 PM
OK that statement right there is just wrong, we can go in to the fight on it but historically the only Jedi with that belief is a Dark Jedi and Sith.

Now outside that I see no balance issue honestly that I can give but its been said many times that you can't make a more powerful blade on a lightsaber. Main reason is that there is no reason to ever wield a light saber two handed cause the blade ways nothing.

The stats for Long lightsabers has not been drawn up in SW saga as far as I know but the last version just gave 10 ft reach.

Huh. 10ft reach? I guess I need to check the d6 book.

And as for the fluff on the lightsaber, I was in a rush. Expect it to be better sooner or later.

And there is in Saga. The standard lightsaber and short lightsaber get the 1.5x STR bonus of a two-handed weapon.

But, yeah. I guess I need to check the d6 version about the long lightsaber. Wasn't aware that it had one.

AjaxTorbin
2007-10-22, 11:56 PM
it was in the "technolgy of the galaxy" book. under the old republic chapter.
they had a whole chapter on just lightsabers there. seems old jedi (according to them) were almost expected to have custom sabers.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/972/dsrtph3.png

i'd still like to see some stats for this though:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2412/sdzfyhog3.jpg

saber-chucks anyone?

and a two handed light saber could just be a saber thats realy heavy because of an extra large power cell. (more energy+used at higher rate=KILLYDEATH)

RelentlessImp
2007-10-23, 12:18 AM
Well, also, it could just be a longer hilt, which requires both hands to wield. And the fact that it costs more than a standard lightsaber by 1,000 credits, you can make your own justification for the cost increase :P

Edit: Also, Jedi are expected to build their own lightsabers - in KotOR and KotOR 2, that's one of the main points of being a Jedi. Near-to-end-test in KotOR was to place a color crystal, and for the first 2-4 hours of KotOR2 you don't have a lightsaber until you collect the parts to build one.

Hawriel
2007-10-23, 12:43 AM
why would you need a two handed light saber when normal lightsabers can be used with two hands? Watch the movies again all the jedi characters used both hands on there lightsabers.

StickMan
2007-10-23, 12:14 PM
I've never played the old school D6 version. Saga is the second starwars role playing game that Wizards has put out and that is the one in which the longer lightsaber I now about is from. Saga is technically the 4th edition of Starwars role playing game I believe.

Also the above pictured weapon is not a light saber, its a cross between a 3 section staff and a stunning weapon, it was in some old star wars magazine wizards put out, may have been repented in a book I can't remember.