PDA

View Full Version : Bink's Extinction Curse (OOC)

Farmerbink
2020-03-01, 05:22 PM
Player
Character
Class
Perception
Fortitude
Reflex
Will

Gwynfrid
Keshkaru (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2118219) and Ozkrak (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2122520)
Druid
1d20+11
1d20+7
1d20+5
1d20+11

Darkone
Gigglespit (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2120124)
Bard
1d20+7
1d20+7
1d20+10
1d20+7

JWally
Vorgrok (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2127486)
Barbarian
1d20+9
1d20+9
1d20+6
1d20+9

stack
Thwap (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2427760)
Monk
1d20+4
1d20+9
1d20+11
1d20+6

Triskavanski
Adrian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2066646)
Thaumaturge
1d20+7
1d20+7
1d20+10
1d20+7

DrK
Kurgan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2725521)
Cleric
1d20+9
1d20+9
1d20+8
1d20+11

OOC Logs and maps and such (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T1fcZMfowBlBfpdJvPCV2eZM2tbSCqRtLJwIv5wpkKM/edit#gid=0)

Farmerbink
2020-03-01, 05:28 PM
Finally, each of the four acts will have a significant change:
The Opening act has the following effects: each subsequent act's trick DCs are reduced by the number of successful trick attempts made.
The build-up act: Upon successful check, one of the two tricks (your choice of either, before checks are made) adds its level to the show's current anticipation, and a one-time bonus of half its level to the check for the main event trick
The main event: adds 1/2 its level (rounded up) to the excitement rewarded for a successful trick.
The finale: For any two tricks with the Team or Audience traits, add bonus excitement equal to half the lowest trick's level (round up). The next show begins with excitement equal to half the lowest trick's level (round down).

Cast of performers:

Axel is a young man (17 or so), with a small flock of trained doves and pigeons. He subtly produces them from beneath his top hat and under his cloak, from which they fly in trained formations, sing delicate songs, and deliver small sweets to children in the audience. It's an animal trick using the nature skill for a total modifier of +8 vs DC 15.

The Dwarven Throwers are a troupe of acrobats, that use their bodies to form the shape of a ballista and fling each other, flipping and tumbling through the air and over the ground. It's a team trick, which doesn't really mean anything mechanically- but it's a suitable opportunity for the costar action. They use either acrobatics at +7 or athletics at +10 (hypothetically, a few costars on acrobatics could make the +7 into +11?) Still DC 15.

Elizia and Mister Tickles are a duo of snake trainer and anaconda. Contrary to their name, Elizia has several vipers of various species which she also uses to awe the audience. Her trait is also animal, but she can use either nature or intimidation to perform the check. Nature modified to +8, intimidate at +7. DC 15.

The Flamboni Sisters are a pair of twins who juggle various implements- the most impressive of which is a set of 9 flaming torches. The finale of their show is a moment where they either light each other on fire intentionally or trick the audience into thinking they have. They have a complicated trick- the fire, injury and team traits all apply. Fire gives a bonus to intimidate which is, of course, not one of the skills they can use to perform the trick. They can use Deception or Fortitude saves (both at +7) vs DC 15.

The Feather-Fall Five are a family of Garundi natives- Father, mother, and 3 daughters. They are all gymnasts and acrobats, performing flips, bounces and other aerial feats on tightropes stretched high over the ground (perhaps 20 feet until you get a larger tent). They are able and competent performers, together performing a trick of 2nd level. In addition, their trick has the agile trait, meaning that subsequent attempts only suffer a -4 penalty instead of the usual -5. They can use acrobatics at +9 or athletics at +7 to make the DC 16 check.

Mordaine the Magician is an escape artist much like Houdini. She advertises acts of illusion performed "with skill, not magic!" She escapes from shackles, locks, rope bindings, and ultimately does so in a water-filled tank. Thanks to her past experience, she is a more able performer; her trick is a level 3 trick. She can attempt a fortitude save at +10 or a thievery check at +9 to perform her trick, which has a DC of 17. Success will provide 3 excitement, in accordance with her trick level. The water trait is of limited value for her, as she cannot use athletics.

Gwynfrid
2020-03-01, 05:32 PM
Fixing my botched roll : [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2020-03-01, 05:52 PM
Nature check: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-03-03, 11:20 AM
Current Excitement: 0
Current Anticipation: 15

By request, two checks for the feather-fall five, without contingencies:
[roll0] (+2 from the original circumstantial bonus, and +1 more from their increased level.
[roll1]

in both cases, DC 15. 16.

edit: I forgot the +2 modifier for determination from the rats. Good thing, too. That first check becomes a success, and doing their trick without nets garners an additional 2 excitement from the risk.

New excitement: 3 4
Anticipation: 15
This single success reduces 2nd act check DCs by 1.

JWallyR
2020-03-03, 03:36 PM
Vorgrok's Medicine check to assess the ringmaster's cause of death: [roll0]

MuffinMan
2020-03-03, 06:56 PM
Tessara's Performance check to notice Axel's discomfort: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2020-03-04, 12:35 PM
@FarmerBink - are you planning to describe how the individual acts go? Like, did the Feather-Fall Five do really well? Was the failure in the second trick noteworthy enough to portray?

I ask so I know how to write the transition between acts as Gigglespit describes things and introduces the next performers. Thanks!

Farmerbink
2020-03-04, 12:54 PM
When I wrote my last IC post yesterday, I was more concerned with the rate of action than colorful language, perhaps obviously.

I can post more creative descriptions, throughout, but it will necessitate a slightly slower pace, in an already slow-paced medium. If you guys think it'll result in a more enjoyable experience, I'll call that worthwhile. In the meantime, I'm content to let you (guys) be as flavorful as you care to be, and I'll throw in more stuff when I feel an especially good or bad check justifies additional commentary.

One vanilla success and one vanilla failure are perhaps the least interesting results, though to be honest, I won't pretend the decision was initially based on that fact.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-03-04, 01:10 PM
Would you be up for providing a description of the first time we see each NPC trick? Then we can have a model for our own descriptions...

DeVermis
2020-03-05, 10:44 PM
Pip's recall knowledge nature roll about snakes: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-03-09, 08:21 PM
Rolls for Axel and Mordaine:

Axel, first attempt: [roll0] - even with the added +2 that I forgot for the skill checks preceding the act, that's a critical failure, reducing excitement by 1.
Mordaine, first attempt: [roll1] +10 due to retroactive level change, -1 DC due to opening act success. Still a failure, but I'm trying to be thorough.

New excitement: 2.

With the use of send in the clowns, Mordaine's trick becomes a success, while Axel's remains a critical failure. 3-1+3= 5
No successful check leaves anticipation still at 15.
Current excitement 5/15

Farmerbink
2020-03-15, 07:35 PM
G succeeded once, for a gain of 2 excitement.

Excitement: 7
Anticipation: 15

Now, things get interesting.

Gwynfrid
2020-03-16, 09:14 PM
@ Farmebink I'll roll this as a Nature check, since my attack roll would likely be saddled with the improvised weapon penalty. Besides, the whole point of doing this (other than looking cool doing it) it to avoid harming the snakes if I can.

[roll0]

MuffinMan
2020-03-19, 10:35 PM
Here's Tessara's attack roll for her trick using telekinetic projectile. She'll also expend a 1st level spell slot casting Illusory Object to enhance the trick.
attack [roll0]

MuffinMan
2020-03-19, 10:59 PM
How about a Performance check for funsies [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-03-20, 12:12 PM
First set of rolls for NPC tricks:

Dwarves: [roll0]
Flamboni: [roll1]
both vs DC 15

edit: huh. So that's TWO critical successes this round, and a single failure (so far). Because anticipation is added at 1/2 level, I will not round both critical successes up, and will increase anticipation by 1.

Current excitement: 13 (including the bonus for 2 team tricks)
Current anticipation: 16

Farmerbink
2020-03-20, 12:18 PM
Dwarves again: [roll0] vs 15

Current excitement: 15
anticipation: 16

MuffinMan
2020-03-20, 12:48 PM
Quick lunch break post to finalize the last round of tricks.

Tessara's attack [roll0]

If that fails,
Flamboni's 2nd: [roll1]
and/or
Dwarven throwers: [roll2]

I don't remember exactly how the modifiers change and I don't have time to look it up right now - do with the raw d20s what you will :smallwink:

DeVermis
2020-04-05, 01:29 PM
Recall knowledge society about the Great Fortunato. [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-04-05, 09:27 PM
The Great Fortunato was an accomplished animal trainer working with Mistress Dusklight's Celestial Menagerie- where Myron, The Professor, and many others got their start. Though he worked with many animals, he had one prized companion, much like Elizia and Mister Tickles. Fortunato's prized companion is a grizzly bear named Bardolph. Bardolph was rescued from the Celestial Menagerie by none other than Myron "The Thunder," himself, and currently travels with the Wayward Wonders, in the Fortunato's old wagon. Bardolph has been recovering from a foot injury incurred a few weeks ago from an accident during a practice performance.

It's probable that "Fortunato" was not the man's true name, but much like "The Professor," it has been his moniker for so long that most people have forgotten his real one- if they ever knew it.

Farmerbink
2020-04-08, 01:25 PM
I really really need an answer to the question of Myron's wagon contents.

MuffinMan
2020-04-08, 05:41 PM
I really really need an answer to the question of Myron's wagon contents.

Giggles will ensure the wagon gets closed and locked with a new lock, as well as asking a couple of his more crazy friends to set up a (calm) game like cards or dice or something nearby where they can watch it. He will then make it a point to check on it every ten or fifteen minutes or so to be sure nothing is disturbed.

I don't think anyone has taken anything - we left everything in there and locked it up. Do you need anything more?

Farmerbink
2020-04-08, 05:59 PM
Only to make sure that everyone agrees to that point.

JWallyR
2020-04-08, 09:08 PM
Vorgrok doesn't want to loot it, so I approve.

DeVermis
2020-04-12, 06:49 PM
Climb check, Athletics: [roll0]

DeVermis
2020-04-13, 05:05 PM
Acrobatics check to jump onto the bear: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2020-04-21, 09:44 PM
Sigh. When I'm tired, I can't seem to see what I'm typing.

Rolling correctly this time: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-04-29, 11:47 AM
Heya, folks. Wanted to drop a line here by way of warning.

We have officially received an offer for the sale of our house. I don't have the slightest idea what comes next, but that's what realtors are for.

In any case, we're still actively showing (there's probably someone there right now, actually), and will of course be doing all the things in the near future. I will be stunned if we don't experience some delay, seeing as we're moving like 1700 miles away, with two dogs and a baby.

Guess it's real, now. O_o

Farmerbink
2020-05-01, 09:08 AM
Just a quick correction to MM's post: the wagons in the 'family' area, the rocks, and the trail into the woods are the remaining (obvious) places to check into.

DeVermis
2020-05-05, 02:12 PM
Pip's Rat-Stab [roll0]

JWallyR
2020-05-06, 01:55 PM
Vorgrok's Reflex save vs DC 21: [roll0]

MuffinMan
2020-05-06, 02:36 PM
Tessara's Reflex save vs DC 21: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2020-05-07, 01:39 PM
Diplomacy Checks for the conversation - [roll0] re-rolled in the next post, [roll1], [roll2] (all passed!)

Of the "no kill" roll fails, I want to spend a hero point to re-roll it.

If that one passes and convincing her that Giggles can be an ally fails, same thing - re-roll it.

"Talk to Giggles before doing anything rash" - if that one fails, no re-roll.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-05-07, 01:40 PM
Re-roll on #1: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-06-26, 03:14 PM
Righto, so Nemia is... not being helpful.

The hermitage is located more than a daw's walk away, and the travel is somewhat treacherous. Further, the druids are extremely protective of their privacy, once a severe point of contention between the people of Abberton and them, over which blood has been shed (in the now distant past). To that end, the mayor believes he get you an audience, but it will take a little time, following the channels set for communication between the two groups. Also, his most primary concerns are for the immediate well-being of his people, not necessarily the apparent blight that has befallen the land. The most pressing question is this: how do you want to spend the time it takes to set the audience?

You can investigate the disappearance of the miller's family (1), the wild boar rampage (2), the missing sheriff (3), or the church graveyard (4).

I hope you're not too upset with my lack of dialogue with the sideshow. It was a LOT of content, and I wanted to make sure I got it done before Ethan woke up from his nap.

DeVermis
2020-07-14, 12:22 PM
Pip's perception check: (realized that I accidentally rolled a d6) [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2020-08-10, 10:08 PM
Giggles' attack (as discussed in Discord): [roll0], [roll1] nonlethal damage

JWallyR
2020-08-23, 04:45 PM
Rolling for healing delivered by Vorgrok's healing attempt: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2020-09-09, 10:02 AM
Increase your level by 1 and subtract 1,000 XP from your XP total.
Increase your maximum Hit Points by the amount listed in your class entry in Chapter 3.
Add class features from your class advancement table, including ability boosts and skill increases.
Select feats as indicated on your class advancement table. For ancestry feats, see Chapter 2. For class feats, see your class entry in Chapter 3. For general feats and skill feats, see Chapter 5.
Add spells and spell slots if your class grants spellcasting. See Chapter 7 for spells.
increase all of your proficiency bonuses by 1 from your new level, and make other increases to your proficiency bonuses as necessary from skill increases or other class features. Increase any other statistics that changed as a result of ability boosts or other abilities.
Adjust bonuses from feats and other abilities that are based on your level.
I think I have Giggles (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2120124) leveled-up. Specifically he has

Level 2, we haven't been tracking experience on our sheets
+8 HPs from being a Bard
An additional Class and Skill Feat
Esoteric Polymath (giving him a spellbook that I will begin tracking) and Assurance (Performance) (so I can guarantee a "15" (10+Proficiency bonus) on Performance checks)
One more 1st level spell known (Color Spray) and one more spell available per day
+1 to all Proficiency bonuses (including Saves, Armor Class, Class DC, all Strikes, all Skills, Spell Attack Bonus, and Spell DC)
No adjustments due to feats or other abilities (this level)
Can someone check my work? Did I miss anything?

Gwynfrid
2020-09-09, 11:03 AM
You got to a +5 in proficiency for Trained saves and skills (+7 for Expert). I think this should be +4 (2 for trained, +2 for level) and +6 (4 for expert, +2 for level) respectively. Note than when you change your level, MW automatically updates all your proficiency numbers.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-09-09, 11:53 AM
I had not noticed that MythWeavers was automatically improving my numbers - thanks for the catch! I will correct that when I get back home and have access to it.

Farmerbink
2020-09-09, 03:50 PM
A relevant factor I neglected yesterday. Since there may well be new options available, anyone who has already posted with rolls in-character gets a one-chance-only opportunity to either use their previous rolls (modified accordingly), or post anew with new rolls and actions and all. Give me at least a quick answer, and I'll move us on.

JWallyR
2020-09-10, 09:38 PM
FFS. previewed the post by mistake and lost the rolls.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

MuffinMan
2020-09-12, 11:37 AM
Tessara's Knowledge: Religion [roll0] vs DC 16

DarkOne-Rob
2020-09-19, 09:59 PM
Rerolling my botched Perception roll: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2020-10-07, 09:14 PM
Gwynfrid Keshkaru Per: [roll0]
DeVermis Pip Per: [roll1]
Darkone Gigglespit Per: [roll2]
JWally Vorgrok Per: [roll3]
MuffinMan Tessara Per: [roll4]

Q Per: [roll5]

Farmerbink
2020-11-05, 09:34 PM
Keshkaru Per: [roll0]
Pip Per: [roll1]
Gigglespit Per: [roll2]
Vorgrok Per: [roll3]
Tessara Per: [roll4]

Q [roll5]
P [roll6]

JWallyR
2020-11-05, 11:14 PM
Gonna go ahead and get this out of the way:

Will save vs DC 16: [roll0]
More different Will save vs DC 16: [roll1]

Edit: Huzzah! By the skin of his teeth. :smallbiggrin:

MuffinMan
2020-11-07, 11:38 AM
Will save vs DC 16: [roll0] or [roll1]

Gwynfrid
2020-11-24, 10:03 AM
Offscreen, Keshkaru cast Heal Animal [roll0] on Ozkrak before meditating for 10 minutes to regain a Focus Point.

DeVermis
2020-12-23, 08:55 AM
Recall Knowledge nature [roll0]

DeVermis
2021-01-16, 09:38 PM
Pip’s Climb Check [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-03, 11:08 PM
She prepares to help, DC20 if I'm not mistaken. [roll0] Wow, that's a crit. So +2 to Vorgrok's roll.
Shouldn't that "27" flip the armoire without any additional help?

Farmerbink
2021-02-03, 11:30 PM
Shouldn't that "27" flip the armoire without any additional help?

Technically, I gather from his writing that he chose to aid rather than attempt the check himself.

That said, I may go ahead and do it anyway. I was hoping for more input, in general

Gwynfrid
2021-02-04, 08:25 AM
I did choose to help, because Vorgrok is stronger, so Keshkaru helping him maximizes our chances, compared to Vorgrok helping her. Now, depending on the DC it might be that the best odds are with two independent attempts, but that defies common sense: The normal way to do this would be for everyone to join efforts and that would make one collective roll - meaning, the Aid rule doesn't cover that type of situation very well. So I'm looking to the GM to make a ruling.

Farmerbink
2021-02-04, 12:57 PM
Well, if we're talking about common sense, either you're strong enough to lift it or not. There's something to be said, in the heat of battle, for making the check- if your form is wrong, you may not be able to exert the right effort (or may hurt yourself trying!), but in the context of "take your time and get it done," I feel like using an athletics check for something like this is... odd, at best.

I'll move on pretty much as soon as it seems like action is genuinely waiting on me. Not to be a jerk, but I think one of the great underlying truths to a long-lasting play by post game is that the players give the DM something entertaining to read. I'd much rather read the banter that goes on between party members as you investigate and stumble upon various risks than simply a mechanical description of where you're going and the check you're making.

And JWally *really* needs to get better about short posts more often. #glare #notreally #kindareally, but I love him anyway.

Gwynfrid
2021-02-04, 01:11 PM
Fully agree, let's move on to more interesting things. Even having a check at all on this task doesn't make a great deal of sense, since it's always possible to try until we make it.

Gwynfrid
2021-02-04, 04:42 PM
I think I hit with produce flame. Botched damage roll, so: [roll0]
The claw attack is a crit fail, hopefully without consequences.

Farmerbink
2021-02-04, 07:52 PM
The claw attack is a crit fail, hopefully without consequences.

You need more sleep man. You didn't roll the d20. XD [roll0] for that claw attack

Gwynfrid
2021-02-04, 08:08 PM
You need more sleep man. You didn't roll the d20. XD [roll0] for that claw attack

I think you have a point. :smalleek:

JWallyR
2021-02-04, 11:28 PM
IIRC from Discord, a Medicine check was desired and planned to be retroacted to Giggles?
Medicine: [roll0] for [roll1] healing

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-04, 11:40 PM
Thank you!

JWallyR
2021-02-19, 05:36 PM
Let's do an official Perception check for Vorgrok, looking for clues: [roll0]

lawl jk

stack
2021-04-18, 08:28 AM
Thwap Hardskull (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2427760), goblin monk. Clown.

Zero Prime
2021-04-18, 09:31 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/j2qsrb9c/Irori-Monk.jpg
Tariq ibn Al-Quereshi, Acolyte of Irori (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2428771)
AC: 16 | MAX HP: 18 | CURRENT: 18
FORTITUDE: +4 | REFLEX: +6 | WILL: +10 | PERCEPTION: +8
SPELL SLOTS: FONT: 3/3 [B]| 1st: 3/3
FOCUS POOL: 1 | CURRENT: 1
ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
CONDITIONS: None.

Appearance:
Background:

JWallyR
2021-04-25, 09:21 PM
I figure a Diplomacy check is appropriate... if risky: [roll0]

stack
2021-09-14, 01:23 PM
forgot to roll fire damage [roll0]

Farmerbink
2021-09-14, 01:53 PM
forgot to roll fire damage [roll0]

it comes with a flat check dc 15 to potentially turn it off :-)

stack
2021-09-14, 02:38 PM
it comes with a flat check dc 15 to potentially turn it off :-)

I rolled the flat check IC. Twice, actually, since I assumed stop, drop, and roll as two actions was sufficient to get the reduced DC and the extra roll.

stack
2021-11-04, 12:37 PM
LEVEL UP SUMMARY

+1 level monk
+12 HP (34 total)
+1 all proficiencies
incredible movement +10 feet
mystic strikes (unarmed attacks are magic)
Deception goes to expert
General feet - fleet (40' total speed)

Gwynfrid
2021-11-13, 06:35 PM
Level up summary:

Keshkaru
2nd-level spells
Alertness
General feat: Toughness
Great Fortitude
Skill increase: Expert in Intimidation
Hit point increase: 8+3 for Toughness, total 35

Oskrak
Hit point increase: 6+2 Con, total 30

Stat blocks

Keshkaru (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2118219), level 3 Iruxi Druid of the Animal Order
Alignment CG, Deity: Gozreh, Gender: F
Size M, HP 35, Speed 25
Heritage: Frilled Lizardfolk
Background: Animal Wrangler
Perception +11
Languages Common, Iruxi, Druid
Str 16 Dex 10 Con 10 Int 10 Wis 18 Cha 14
AC 18; Fort +7 Ref +5 Will +11
Reaction: Shield Block
Melee - Claw +8, 1d4+3, agile
Melee - Tail +8, 1d4+3, sweep
Ranged - Sling +5, 1d6+1
Spell - Produce Flame +9, 2d4+4, persistent 2d4 on crit
Spell DC 19, Class DC 19

Ozkrak (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2122520), level 3 Raptor Animal Companion
Alignment N, Gender: F
Size S, HP 30, Speed 50
Perception +6
Str 14 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 2 Wis 12 Cha 10
AC 18; Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +6
Melee - Jaw +8, 1d8+2
Melee - Talon +8, 1d6+2, agile

DarkOne-Rob
2021-11-13, 08:47 PM
Giggle's Level up summary:

Gigglespit Baderiggo Humbleback
+1 Level Bard
+10 HP (36 total)
+1 all proficiencies
Class Feature:
2nd-level spells - Dispel Magic, Invisibility
general feat - Ancestral Paragon, which gives First World Magic, which gives a single Primal Cantrip (Ray of Frost)
lightning reflexes - Reflex Save improves to Expert
signature spells - selected Soothe and Invisibility (won't be usable until later)
skill increase - gained training in Diplomacy

Gigglespit Baderiggo Humbleback (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2120124)
Chaotic Good Gnome Bard, Level 3, HP 36/36, Speed 25 ft.
Small Humanoid (Fey Touched Gnome), Circus Born
AC 19, Fort 7, Ref 10, Will 7, Perception 7
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
Whip (+8 to hit, 1d4 damage, Agile, Shove, Finesse)
Light Mace (+8 to hit, 1d4 damage, Nonlethal, Disarm, Reach, Trip, Finesse)
Dagger (melee or thrown) (+8 to hit, 1d4 damage, Agile, Finesse, Versatile P/S, Thrown 10 ft.)
Conditions: 3/3 - 1st Level Spells Cast Today
0/2 2nd Level Spells Cast Today

Farmerbink
2021-11-29, 05:06 PM
Ugly frogs: [roll0] init

Everyone else:
Keshkaru: [roll1]
Castel: [roll2]
Giggle: [roll3]
Vorgrok: [roll4]
Thwap: [roll5]

Gwynfrid
2022-02-23, 07:31 PM
As agreed with FarmerBink, a retroactive casting of level 1, 3-action Heal to revive the mayor [roll0]. This also helps all the PCs that have lost hp in the earlier fight.

JWallyR
2022-05-29, 12:55 PM
Vorgrok's recovery check vs 11 for Dying 2 (Vorgrok has Toughness (https://pf2.d20pfsrd.com/feat/toughness/)): [roll0]

Vorgrok Giantforge (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2127486)
Level 3 Neutral Neutral Dwarf Barbarian. Speed 20 ft, Medium Humanoid (Rock Dwarf), Rigger
AC 18, Fort 9, Reflex 6, Will 9, Perception 9
Rock Dwarf Heritage- +2 vs shove/trip/prone effects, half forced movement over 10 ft
Dwarven Darkvision
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
HP 0/55

Conditions:
Clumsy 1 (-1 to Dex-based DCs/checks) while wielding Large weapon
Inspire Courage: +1 atk/dmg/saves vs fear
RAGE! Temp HP, +6 damage, -1 AC. 7 rds remaining
Dying 3

Farmerbink
2022-07-26, 03:25 PM
Baeranor will use Lay on Hands, healing the most injured among 12 HP's, and then attempt to refocus, if we have a short respite.

For now, assume you've got time. There are things happening, but it's unlikely they will immediately impact you. Take (up to) an hour, let me know where you're taking said time, and we'll reconvene.

For your use, here's a map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T1fcZMfowBlBfpdJvPCV2eZM2tbSCqRtLJwIv5wpkKM/edit#gid=2140183233) of the discovered portions of the hermitage. (I recommend bookmarking that document)

Gwynfrid
2022-11-17, 08:28 AM
Do-over for botched roll - Athletics [roll0]

Farmerbink
2023-03-08, 02:42 PM
Fixed attacks for Thwap:
[roll0]
[roll1]

edit: just kidding XD

Farmerbink
2023-12-01, 10:27 PM
Holy Toledo. We haven't used this thread in so long, I overlooked it trying to find the perception codes to make this post faster. XD

JWallyR
2023-12-03, 07:49 PM
Botched damage roll: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2023-12-11, 11:43 PM
Flat check DC5 for Keshkaru [roll0]

stack
2023-12-12, 07:41 AM
flat checks for 4 attacks (I'm sure some missed anyway)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Gwynfrid
2023-12-21, 10:53 PM
Concealment checks for Ozkrak's attacks

#1 [roll0]
#2 [roll1]

Farmerbink
2023-12-21, 10:53 PM
couple flat checks:
[roll0][roll1]

Gwynfrid
2024-01-03, 04:10 PM
Botched roll... [roll0]

JWallyR
2024-01-12, 01:31 PM
Some Medicine checks for healing:

[roll0] vs DC 15 for [roll1] HPs Critical success! Using either 2x, or the subsequent 2d8, Vorgrok is full (considering the overnight healing)
[roll2] vs DC 15 for [roll3] HPs
[roll4] vs DC 15 for [roll5] HPs
[roll6] vs DC 15 for [roll7] HPs
[roll8] vs DC 15 for [roll9] HPs

Farmerbink
2024-02-20, 01:55 PM
your turn:
Thwap flat check DC5 [roll0] if >5,
SL1 Fort DC 19 vs stunning fist: [roll1] else stunned 1 (3 on crit fail)

Keshkaru flat DC5 [roll2]
SL1 basic reflex DC 19: [roll3]
Keshkaru flat DC5 [roll4]
SL2 basic reflex DC 19: [roll5]

Kurgan flat DC5 [roll6]
K round 2: [roll7]
Vorgrok flat DC 5 [roll8]

Adrian flat DC5 [roll9]

Farmerbink
2024-02-20, 02:08 PM
jaws (grab)
[roll1] piercing + [roll2] fire

[roll3] claw
[roll4] slashing + [roll5] fire +[roll[1d4 precision (if jaws hit)

claw
[roll7] slashing + [roll8] fire +[roll[1d4 precision (if jaws hit)

Farmerbink
2024-02-20, 02:10 PM
of course I botched the precision: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2024-03-05, 02:57 PM
Basic reflex: [roll0]
fortitude vs DC 19: [roll1]

Corrected exploit vulnerability roll: [roll2] (standard DC level 2: 16)

its will save vs class DC (19): [roll3] else clumsy1/2

summary: full damage from arc lightning
resisted stunning fist

exploit vulnerability applies (it has vulnerability good of 3, which matches the personal antithesis bonus).
It resists the ringing of the bell

Farmerbink
2024-03-05, 03:01 PM
[roll0] Kurgan, Ozkrak, Thwap

[roll1] jaws (grab) vs
[roll2] piercing + [roll3] fire

[roll4] claw
[roll5] slashing + [roll6] fire +[roll7] precision (if jaws hit)

[roll8] claw
[roll9] slashing + [roll10] fire +[roll11] precision (if jaws hit)

stack
2024-03-06, 07:58 AM
Stunning fist is impressively useless. Hitting a foe of any consequence twice with flurry is not a great bet and then a fort save on top of that.

Gwynfrid
2024-03-08, 10:11 AM
The Stunning Fist (https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=442) text says "If either Strike hits and deals damage..." so your chances are pretty decent. For just one action for the entire Flurry + Stunning Fist combo, I think this is a solid option.

The caveat, of course, is the incapacitation effect. Stunning Fist is meant to shut down the minions, not the boss. It will work on a creature of up to your level, but beyond that you would probably need them to roll a natural 1 on the save.

stack
2024-03-11, 07:09 AM
Huh, I misread that one a long time ago and didn't check again. Somewhat better.

JWallyR
2024-03-13, 08:54 PM
In case Vorgrok needs a flat check: [roll0]