PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Drunken master sensei - help me make this work

Heavenblade
2020-03-02, 08:51 AM
Hey there! I might be joining a game soon, and they meed a support character. So I thought I'd throw in a drunken master sensei who will give them boosts during the battle and help them get out of debilitating status effects.

So, I have a couple of questions

1. Can the tuned bowstring magic item work with crossbows? If yes/no, I'd be glad if you guys could attach and FaQ/your logic, so I could send it to my GM.
2. Can I use the prehensile tail racial trait (maybe on conjunction with the grasping tail feat) in order to hold my mug of ail?
3. Is there any way at all to make my insightful strikes (sensei class ability) work with bows/crossbows, besides ascetic style?

Kurald Galain
2020-03-02, 09:25 AM
(1) As written, no: the item says "bow", not "crossbow". That said, the item is massively overpriced and you don't usually run out of bardic performance rounds anyway, so you can probably do without.
(2) That depends on your race. If tiefling or vanara, yes. If kobold, no.
(3) Crusader's Flurry feat (assuming one level dip in cleric, but that's a pretty good deal anyway).

Heavenblade
2020-03-02, 09:38 AM
(1) - I keep hearing people say that, but is level+wis really enough rounds to keep me running throughout the whole day? Its barely enough for two battles...
(2) - ok, do I need the grasping tail feat for that?
(3) - it seems like it only works with melee weapons, but thanks anyway!

Kurald Galain
2020-03-02, 09:55 AM
(1) Right, I missed that the Sensei gets about half as many rounds as a bard does. Ok, I suggest the Extra Performance feat.
(2) That depends on your race. If tiefling or vanara, no. If kobold, yes.

Heavenblade
2020-03-02, 10:14 AM
Ok cool, thanks!

A new question regarding (1).
If Im not investing in tuned bowstring it frees up almost all of my feats, leaving me with more stuff to play with. What would be the most preferable method to get extra performance rounds? I guess extra performance would give me fuel for 1 more battle a day, but I feel like taking it more than once would be a waste of space

Kurald Galain
2020-03-02, 10:24 AM
If Im not investing in tuned bowstring it frees up almost all of my feats, leaving me with more stuff to play with. What would be the most preferable method to get extra performance rounds? I guess extra performance would give me fuel for 1 more battle a day, but I feel like taking it more than once would be a waste of space

I find that a reasonable estimate is twelve combat rounds per day (three combats of four rounds each).

So level + wis + one feat should give you enough bard song to play with.