PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Champion of Gwynharwyf build help

liquidformat
2020-03-02, 03:21 PM
Hi All so I am looking at building a Champion of Gwynharwyf and wanted to get some input. I am set on Human as the race 32 point buy (not set on point allocation yet), I am thinking Barbarian 2 (spirit lion totem + wolf totem)/ Zhentarim Soldier 4/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10 or Barbarian 3 (spirit lion totem + trapkiller)/ Zhentarim Soldier 3/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10 but open for suggestions I prefer not to dip PRCs.

Feats so far: Knight of Stars and Righteous Wrath are locked in. Probably Power Attack and maybe Knockdown if I take wolf totem.

If I get Intimidating Rage, Imperious Command, and Never out numbered does this mean I auto demoralize everyone within 10' or 30'? Is Instantaneous Rage really worthwhile in this combo?
Is Dreadful Wrath worth while?

Other worth while feats, ACF, or PRCs I should look at for this build?

ZamielVanWeber
2020-03-02, 03:56 PM
1) I would recommend fighter 4/barb 2 over barbarian 3/fighter 3. Your saves are slightly worse but, hey, free feat! Barb 3 gives +1 to both bad saves and -1 to fort vs fighter 4 but you also get a feat with fighter 4.
2) Intimidating Rage specifies that it can only be used vs a single foe. End result is one foe within 30 would be super demoralized, then all foes within 10 would be regular demoralized.
3) Instantaneous Rage is meh unless you really except to run into some mailman style builds.
4) Dreadful Wrath + Demoralize + Fearsome Fury = a lot of frightening (literally) power, so it feels like it is worth consideration.
5) The only ACFs I can think of that is also worth examining are Hit and Run Fighter from DotU, because +2 initiative is hot and Skilled City Dweller so you can make some strategic skill trade outs.

ExLibrisMortis
2020-03-03, 11:07 AM
Your choice of pre-entry levels rather depends on what your core business is going to be: Intimidation, Tripping, übercharging, and so on. You can pick up Shock Trooper and be a primary damage dealer with a good sideline of Intimidation, or Combat Reflexes and Knockdown and be a tripper with a good sideline of Intimidation, or focus Zhentarim fighter up to level 9 and go full Intimidate with a sideline of damage and tripping.

Regardless of your role, I'd definitely look at a level of crusader or warblade, or even both, instead of fighter 4 or barbarian 2. Barbarian 2/fighter 2/crusader 2 gets you a nice range of second-level maneuvers, and a bit of fun with Steely Resolve/Furious Counterstrike. If you're not entirely dependent on the fighter feats, barbarian 2/crusader 4 is very nice, too: More Steely Resolve, and more powerful maneuvers. Barbarian 1/fighter 4/crusader 1 gets all the bonus feats including the Zhentarim Fighter bonus feat, and still gets a stance and a handful of maneuvers.

For reasons, adding a third class also helps avoid multiclassing XP penalties. Go figure.