PDA

View Full Version : Armor spikes ... Retractable?

schreier
2020-03-02, 04:00 PM
I have a character wearing shadow silk sharkskin armor (made from a dire shark with the shadow creature template)

Is there a canon way to have the spikes/teeth retractable? There are definitely times you don't want spikes coming out from your sides.

Would the poison spike ability from book of vile darkness work well to conceal the spikes after the fact? Effectively, can you add the ability to preexisting spikes? If so, would enchantments already on the spikes still work? Like warning or smoking ...

Also, if you are dual wielding weapons, is there any way to also attack with the armor spikes? I have a darfellan with a natural bite attack, dual wielding sharktooth gauntlets, and with armor spikes. I know I can stack using two weapon fighting, hitting with a gauntlet, either a second gauntlet or the spikes (all at -2 using two weapon fighting feat), and a bite at -5 (or -7?) as a secondary natural attack

liquidformat
2020-03-02, 04:14 PM
Adding the dancing ability would work, or if you can get your dm to let you have multi-weapon fighting instead of two-weapon fighting...

Thurbane
2020-03-02, 04:29 PM
The Hideaway weapon quality in the MIC might work, but presents some very weird logistics for armor spikes.

I was looking at Called as well, but that's only an armor property.