PDA

View Full Version : Food I Ate My Very First Acai

Bartmanhomer
2020-03-04, 05:18 PM
Hey everybody. Today I went to Green Blend for lunch after work and I bought my very first Berry Acai with a banana and seltzer water. I ate it and it was good. :smile:

hmwd
2020-03-28, 10:35 PM
What is Acai?

Bartmanhomer
2020-03-28, 10:42 PM
What is Acai?

Acai Is yogurt. :smile:

Knaight
2020-03-28, 11:16 PM
Acai are a type of berry - small, round, slightly bitter aftertaste, kind of blackberry like flavorwise. They can be used in yogurt, much like most other berries, but it's not a type of yogurt.

It also has a reputation as a superfood, which I'd take with a mountain of salt. Fortunately like a lot of other alleged superfoods it's also pretty tasty.

hmwd
2020-03-29, 10:29 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll try it sometime.

Albion
2020-03-30, 02:30 AM
Wonderful! I hope you liked it and will consider the same sometime.

Altair_the_Vexed
2020-03-30, 03:13 AM
Acai are a type of berry - small, round, slightly bitter aftertaste, kind of blackberry like flavorwise. They can be used in yogurt, much like most other berries, but it's not a type of yogurt.

It also has a reputation as a superfood, which I'd take with a mountain of salt. Fortunately like a lot of other alleged superfoods it's also pretty tasty.

That whole "superfood" thing has moved a long way into pseudoscience territory since it was first coined by actual qualified nutritionists. When I first heard of it, "superfood" meant any food that provided more than 3 food groups. Now it seems to be any food that quacks are making vague claims about.

A mountain of salt is probably a bad idea for your blood pressure! I have a teeny pinch of salt (and honey) in my porridge - but I rarely add salt to anything.

I've had acai with my porridge. Very tasty! - but not for every day.