PDA

View Full Version : Rogue -Assassin 3 + Spell caster with Eldritch Blast

Nosta
2020-03-05, 10:02 AM
Ok i have the idea of using Eldritch blast wityvthe assassin rogues Assassinate Ability

Going variant human and picking up spell sniper if I go wizard or sorcerer

Rogue Assassin + worlock or wizard or or sorcerer?

Teaguethebean
2020-03-05, 10:17 AM
I don't reccomend this. If you get a chance assassinate and you cast Eldritch blast you will get at best 2 or 3 extra d10's If you want to assassinate just use the sneak attack, it will do much more damage.

Neoh
2020-03-05, 11:21 AM
Ok i have the idea of using Eldritch blast wityvthe assassin rogues Assassinate Ability

Going variant human and picking up spell sniper if I go wizard or sorcerer

Rogue Assassin + worlock or wizard or or sorcerer?

Assassin 3 / Warlock 2 / Fighter 2 / Sorcerer X ideally.

Fighter's Action Surge gives you an extra action to cast Eldritch Blast, Sorcerer gives you sorcery points to bonus action cast Eldritch Blast. Warlock 2 for the Agonizing Blast invocation so that you still get nice damage out of surprise rounds.
So if you get a surprise round, that's 3 Eldritch Blasts going off with each bolts getting a crit.

At level 11 that's 2d10 + 5 x 9 = 63-225 (~144) if they all hit.

A level 11 Assassin using a Short bows would get 2d6 + 5 + 12d6 = 19-89 (54). Only one hit per turn, so if you miss, you're pretty much done with your surprise round.

Misterwhisper
2020-03-05, 11:22 AM
I don't reccomend this. If you get a chance assassinate and you cast Eldritch blast you will get at best 2 or 3 extra d10's If you want to assassinate just use the sneak attack, it will do much more damage.

Actually, an agonizing blast crit is almost as good, and if you have hex which you should, it is better.

Ex.

@5

Assassin 3 warlock of some kind 2

Crit (2d10 + 4) each, 2 EB = ~30
W/hex +2d6 each = 44

Assassin 5 assuming a short sword or short bow
Crit (2d6 weapon, 6d6 sneak) + 4 = ~32 dmg

@ 11

Assassin 3 Warlock of some kind 2, whatever for the other 6

(2d10 + 5) x3 = ~48
Hex (+2d6 each) = ~69

Assassin 11

(2d6 weapon + 12d6 sneak ) + 5 = ~54 dmg

@ 20

Assassin 3 Warlock 2, whatever 15

(2d10 + 5) x 4 = ~ 64
Hex (+2d6 each) = ~ 92

Assassin 20

(2d6 weapon + 20d6) + 5 = ~77

So without hex it is easy to do with any class you want and be competitive, with hex which should be easy after level 5 or so, you do a good bit better.

Rogue damage is nothing special, it is on their reaction attacks if they can get that nice sneak attack bonus damage or even a crit is where it gets very nice.

Now if that rogue was a high elf with BB or had some other way to add in cantrip damage to their normal attack it makes a good difference too, with that an assassin would be much higher.