PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Brainstorming Help: New Fighting Style for Bloodhunter

gavinator154
2020-03-05, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone!

I have a character who has just reached level 2 as a Bloodhunter, and you know what that means! Time to choose your Fighting Style. However, there is an issue. His goal is to become, and I quote "a walking armory". I honestly like the idea his is going for and the "right tool for the job" archetype. His current setups include greatsword, 2 scimitars, 2 daggers (for throwing), and a longsword and shield. If you hadn't noticed, he can use almost all of the bloodhunter's fighting styles, but I am trying to create one that would work with this theme he is going for.

I have be brainstorming ideas, but keep coming up short. I thought maybe a bonus while switching weapons, but as a bloodhunter that is really bad. I thought maybe some kind of stance idea, but how powerful do I make individual stances bs the already existing Fighting Styles.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and if I find a working version, I will post it.

MagneticKitty
2020-03-05, 12:44 PM
Maybe let him change on long rest...? But you'd probably have to offer your other martials the same.
There's some good fighting styles that don't care what weapon you use; defense and mariner

If you want to create one, maybe like give a fighting style that applies only when right is active. Like can re roll 1's on dice if weapon is imbued

gavinator154
2020-03-05, 12:56 PM
Maybe let him change on long rest...? But you'd probably have to offer your other martials the same.
There's some good fighting styles that don't care what weapon you use; defense and mariner

If you want to create one, maybe like give a fighting style that applies only when right is active. Like can re roll 1's on dice if weapon is imbued

I would chose Defense, but we are wanting to focus more on his weapons. I like that last bit you mention about rerolling 1s if the weapon is imbued. Certain weapons definitely benefit more, but it isn't too rough. The only issue I can see is if he wants to change weapons, his imbue wears off.