PDA

View Full Version : Trap Sense Replacements

Human Paragon 3
2007-10-22, 06:09 PM
Anybody know of a Barbarian variant that subs out trap sense for anything else? It's for a wildernessy character, just for reference.

Anxe
2007-10-22, 06:12 PM
A free Track feat? Wild Empathy?

Human Paragon 3
2007-10-22, 06:14 PM
I was thinking free track feat. I was looking for something already in a source book, not home-brewed, but it may come to that.

kamikasei
2007-10-22, 06:14 PM
Fax had compiled a big list of class-feature-equivalences a while back, based partly off of published trade-in options. I'll see if I can dig it up.

It may not help you find an actual, official rule, but should help with convincing a DM to allow the option.

edit: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58667) we go. Swapping it for Nature Sense would seem the most natural fit, though where that option comes from I couldn't tell you offhand.

cupkeyk
2007-10-22, 06:18 PM
Almost all the Totem Animal Variants in UA swap out trapsense, and a few others for some feats or features, nothing spectacular though, the best being Ape Totem that grants a climb speed and power attack in exchange for trapsense and the speed enhancement. And the Dashing Step Barbarian from DR349 that swaps it out for ACvs.AoO when charging.

And the Halfling Substitution level lets you drop if for an intimidation bonus.