PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is This Too Much for A Trait?

Palanan
2020-03-06, 03:59 PM
I had an idea which I知 trying to translate into game mechanics, and I知 wondering if this is too strong for a trait:

Arcane-Blooded

You have a potent magical lineage which reinforces your arcane spellcasting abilities. If you have levels in more than one arcane spellcasting class, your total number of arcane casting levels is equal to your caster level in each of those classes.

JNAProductions
2020-03-06, 04:01 PM
I had an idea which I知 trying to translate into game mechanics, and I知 wondering if this is too strong for a trait:

Arcane-Blooded

You have a potent magical lineage which reinforces your arcane spellcasting abilities. If you have levels in more than one arcane spellcasting class, your total number of arcane casting levels is equal to your caster level in each of those classes.

Yes. Compare to "X Skill is always a class skill for you, and you gain a +1 bonus with it," or "+1 Fire damage with basic Alchemist Bombs and other fire splash weapons."

DeTess
2020-03-06, 04:04 PM
This is definitely too much. It takes the place of having to take a feat twice and depending on how you multiclass, it'd be better than taking practiced spellcaster twice.

Aotrs Commander
2020-03-06, 04:14 PM
Definitely, since PF already has, as I recall, a trait which is basically only half Practised Spellcaster (+2 CL, max of HD).

icefractal
2020-03-06, 04:17 PM
Magical Knack is Practiced Spellcaster but just +2 and for one class, so that'd be the easiest point of comparison. This applies to two classes, but doesn't apply to non-arcane classes, so if it was +2 Max then it'd be fine I think.

Palanan
2020-03-06, 04:20 PM
Okay, thanks, everyone. Sounds like this would be strong even for a feat, much less a trait.

Back to the drawing board....