PDA

View Full Version : An odd scheduling issue at work

darkrose50
2020-03-06, 05:46 PM
I have been having some difficulties with one of our time management programs at work (we have two . . . one for our scheduling department and one for our payroll department).

I made so many errors since we started using that scheduling program, including working the wrong shift this week. Finally I looked to why I was making so many errors.

The program that I am having issues with is in the font Ariel, in size 3.5, and in the color grey. It turns out that "Ariel 3.5 grey" is not a good choice for reading. Also zooming in does not provide the day and the hours on screen, and I sometimes have tracking issues. Nor is the schedule in a calendar format, but it is in a jumbled wall of breaks, lunches, start, and end times.

Then the scheduling department sent me an automated email days later (I worked the wrong shift all week, and they let me know on Friday) in Times New Roman, font size 12, dark blue (almost black) . . . with a calendar . . . explaining how I did not follow the my schedule.

So my work schedule was not calendar, not usefully zoomable, was in in the font Ariel, in size 3.5, and in the color grey . . . then the explanation (and chart) on how I screwed up in Times New Roman, font size 12, dark blue (almost black) . . . with a clear calendar.

I am both amused and upset at this situation. I think that I may have lost it. I am a little embarrassed.