PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Frightful Presence Feat

Shadow_hands
2020-03-07, 12:19 AM
I have a rogue taking the frightful presence feat, however I have a question regarding it.
The feat states in the Draconomicon:

"You gain the use of the frightful presence ability. Whenever you attack or charge, all opponents within a radius of 30ft who have fewer levels or Hit Dice than you become shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d6 + your CHA modifier. the effect is negated by a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your CHA modifier).
A successful save indicated that the opponent is immune to your frightful presence for 24 hours. This ability can't affect creatures with an Intelligence of 3 or lower, nor does it have any affect on dragons."

Now my question, since my frightful presence doesn't affect dragons, would a dragon's frightful presence affect me? I asked my DM, he says he wouldn't' think so however I just want to double check.

OrbanSirgen
2020-03-07, 12:30 AM
I have a rogue taking the frightful presence feat, however I have a question regarding it.
The feat states in the Draconomicon:

"You gain the use of the frightful presence ability. Whenever you attack or charge, all opponents within a radius of 30ft who have fewer levels or Hit Dice than you become shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d6 + your CHA modifier. the effect is negated by a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your CHA modifier).
A successful save indicated that the opponent is immune to your frightful presence for 24 hours. This ability can't affect creatures with an Intelligence of 3 or lower, nor does it have any affect on dragons."

Now my question, since my frightful presence doesn't affect dragons, would a dragon's frightful presence affect me? I asked my DM, he says he wouldn't' think so however I just want to double check.

You aren't a dragon, because if you were you wouldn't need to take the feat... Is your Int 3 or less? If so, congratulations, you're immune! If not, then you are not immune... Having a frightful presence does not make you immune to those of others...