PDA

View Full Version : New Errata - SpC

Merlin the Tuna
2007-10-22, 07:14 PM
Hey, it looks like that wave of errata might actually come to be! Last week was the PHB 2, and this week we've got new Spell Compendium errata. It's only one page, but it's nice to see the guys at WotC following through on this.

Link. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata)

You may now commence complaining about 4E. :smalltongue:

Jacob Orlove
2007-10-22, 07:23 PM
Oh good, Shadow Spray isn't super broken anymore.

martyboy74
2007-10-22, 07:32 PM
Amusing. Veil of Undeath still grants immunity to death.

Reel On, Love
2007-10-22, 07:32 PM
Well, it didn't touch any of the overpowered spells (Bite of the Weretiger/bear, Greater Blink, Ray of Stupidity, I'm lookin' at you), but I guess that'd be too much to hope for.

trehek
2007-10-22, 08:37 PM
More meaningless errata, as expected. Same with the PHB2 one. Celerity & co. untouched... :smallannoyed:

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-22, 08:38 PM
If I understand correctly, PHBII errata fixed arcane thesis. Not really meaningless, though I could be wrong.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-10-22, 08:43 PM
More meaningless errata, as expected. Same with the PHB2 one. Celerity & co. untouched... :smallannoyed:Errata typically addresses things that just don't work, not balance issues. The big exception is Polymorph, but Polymorph is just that -- exceptional.

Kaelik
2007-10-22, 09:26 PM
If I understand correctly, PHBII errata fixed arcane thesis. Not really meaningless, though I could be wrong.

It didn't really fix Arcane Thesis. It prevented you from getting Fireball as a Second level spell. But see the example of an Incantrix with arcane thesis turning a level 1 spell Metamagiced up to level 10, and then reduced back to one.

Bottom Line, Arcane Thesis still reduces Energy Substitution into down a level, and uses like that are now more justified since they can point out that it was errated.

Saph
2007-10-23, 05:53 AM
Not bad. Obviously it didn't touch the overpowered stuff, but you don't really expect that from errata. At least it clarified stuff like Nerveskitter and Moonbow.

I really want my Complete Mage errata though. I'm thinking of taking Abjurant Champion for one of my characters and I wish that Mage Armour thing would get settled once and for all.

- Saph