PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [Blood Hunter (Profane Soul)] Lurker in the Deep and Noble Genie

Xuldarinar
2020-03-08, 01:01 PM
Additional Option: Profane Soul Patrons
These are intended for use with the 2020 version of the Blood Hunter.

Rite Focus
Lurker in the Deep. When you deal rite damage to a creature, tentacles leap from your weapon to restrain it. The creature’s speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of your next turn. This speed reduction does not stack with itself.

Noble Genie. When you deal rite damage to a creature, you temporarily bind them to you and your patron, allowing you to affect them when others would be out of reach. For the purposes of this target, your blood curses are treated as having a range of 60 feet until the start of your next turn.

Revealed Arcana
Lurker in the Deep. You can cast Gust of Wind once using a pact magic spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Noble Genie. You can cast Phantasmal Force once using a pact magic spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Unsealed Arcana
Lurker in the Deep. You can cast Sleet Storm once using a pact magic spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Noble Genie. You can cast Protection from Energy once using a pact magic spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Amechra
2020-03-08, 04:58 PM
Does Lurker in the Deep's Rite Focus stack?

Noble Genie looks like it'd be fun for a ranged Blood Hunter.

Xuldarinar
2020-03-09, 03:41 AM
Does Lurker in the Deep's Rite Focus stack?

Noble Genie looks like it'd be fun for a ranged Blood Hunter.

On Lurker; Does Ray of Frost's slow stack? Same answer, no. Though I should specify that. I think I'll go ahead and do so.
Fun thing of note: If someone combined this with my cantrip fighting style option for blood hunters, and found a way to get ray of frost, then it possibly then could stack. Once off the rite damage, once off the spell's effect. That, of course, depends on a DM's ruling.

On Noble: I'm glad you think so. I was going for that. I was thinking of making it so you could use your target as the source of your Blood Curses for 1 turn, meaning the target of a blood curse had to be within 30 feet of either you or a creature you hit this turn (with a possible limit of it must be within 100 feet of you if you use a creature you hit as the source), but I felt that might be a little much so I simplified it to a 60 feet cap, as there are already a number of effects that double a spell's range so why not have one for blood curses?