PDA

View Full Version : Ragnar's Vault

The Kool
2020-03-08, 04:44 PM
It was yet another peaceful day in yet another peaceful town. Little made this town stand apart from so many others in this country, and to the residents here, that was almost universally considered a good thing. There was a mountain nearby with good views, but nothing worth attracting tourists. There was plenty of game to hunt in the forest, but nothing rare. The soil was fertile, and those with gardens or small plots of farmland had bountiful harvests year after year. Perhaps it was this peaceful normality that attracted certain people to rest or retire here. Perhaps it was just this kind of mundane town that would birth a hero who might later return home to visit family. Perhaps, but no one here asks those questions. Farmers, hunters, simple folk the lot of them. They go to the church on feast days, greet their neighbor on the right, shake hands with the half-orc on the left, and go about their lives. Why question, when you can just live?

Arbora was a small town and always had been a small town. Situated at the base of a mostly lone mountain, surrounded by forests, and far away from any sense of civilization, nothing interesting had happened here in living memory. This is why it was such a big deal when one of the hunters came sprinting into town, screaming at the top of his lungs: Fire! He ran straight up to the church, banging on every door along the way, hoping that someone, anyone would be there to help. Fire. In a forest town, that was the worst of nightmares. If it spread out of control, if the wind blew it the wrong way, the entire town could be reduced to ash in a matter of hours. Within moments, the church bell was ringing and the priests were praying and running for the hillside. If they could get there in time, a few orisons could put out the flames! Farmers and blacksmiths alike sprang into action, grabbing buckets and shovels and axes, anything they could to fight this terror.

In the midst of the panic in this ordinary town, six less-than-ordinary individuals took notice...

Hazuki
2020-03-08, 05:05 PM
Kip emerges from her humble home to the chaos that's taking the village and tilts her head as she spots the woodsmen, the priests, running about to start tending to the fire. Well, that's certainly something she's capable of helping with. Displays of vast arcane power would not normally be how she handles things, but the danger is valid, and it would not take much to put it down to a blessing of the Gods if someone should doubt their speed. She put her hands together and called upon the power in her veins to grace her, the priests, and whoever else was heading out to put out the fire with speed, then darted off to find the source alongside them.

Casting Haste on herself and fire-putting-out individuals, priestts prioritized, and heading to the source of the fire.

Yas392
2020-03-08, 06:28 PM
As usual, BARD is entertaining a crowd with his magic tricks to earn his living. His current trick is to "conjure" a bird out of his hat after making it "disappear." As he is about to drop his blanket onto his pet raven, RAVEN, someone hollers 'FIRE!' Almost immediate, the crowd disperses to run to the fire to help or flee from it. The half-orc BARD sees priests, townspeople and a bleached gnome running to the forest to put out the fire. He sighs, packing away his things, drawing his decanter before sprinting to a run towards the direction that the bunch is heading.

"Quite the start of an opening act. Don't you think so, RAVEN?"

RAVEN just caw in indignation as he flies after his master.

CasualViking
2020-03-09, 02:12 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/cc/6b/79/cc6b79d6f89e93f259aacb595bf3b973.jpg
Orleff Hamill (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2133493)
AC 27, Touch 13, FF 25, CMD 27|Fort +12 Ref +12 Will +9|HP: 110/110

Orsleff stands up and drains the last of his cup. He picks up his helm and gauntlets and walks over to Comet. The griffon already knows what's up, and is standing ready to be saddled, impatient to be off into the sky.

Athaleon
2020-03-09, 02:34 AM
Karsten, the village priest of Erastil, was among the people running towards the hillside. His ministry tended towards the martial aspect of his faith, but his divine patronage still enabled him to put out literal as well as proverbial brushfires.

When he gets there (to within 55') he can spam Create Water for 240 gallons per minute as a "downpour", roughly on par with the output of a large fire hose.

The Kool
2020-03-09, 07:52 AM
The villagers and priests fan out in the direction indicated by the hunter, and the Unusuals of the town find themselves headed in the same direction. It doesn't take long for Kip, Karsten, and BARD to reach the source of the fire. Right now it seems like only one tree and a scattering of the nearby brush are caught up in a blaze, so Karsten immediately gets to work putting it out.

Orsleff takes to the skies, Comet glad to be stretching his wings for a little excitement. As he scans the hillside, he notices something very concerning: There's more than one fire. He can see smoke rising from three- no, four places on the hillside already.

Yas392
2020-03-09, 08:31 AM
BARD removes the stopper, putting it into his haversack before uttering a word to command the jug to spring out fresh water in moderation. He aims the water at the burning tree and watch as the water smothers out an ember before moving to the next part of the tree that is burning. He commands RAVEN to FLEE to the untouched greenery while he works. A distance away from the burning plants but at a distance he can see the bird and hear his next order.

Triskavanski
2020-03-09, 10:45 AM
"Who DARES to try and destroy this village before I've taken it over!?" says a kobold as he exits his own paid for Inn room. He takes a look around trying to find what he can assist with. After all, having the fire destroy the village before he could take over the world would be absolutly terrible! But to make matters worse "Fire! You wlll rue the day you interrupted my vacation!" with a frown, he huffs, grumbling. Minions! I need minions! Curses for not having my minions with me.."

Hazuki
2020-03-10, 12:45 PM
Kip nods to herself once it seems that the threat of the fire has been extinguished. An unusual thing to happen, certainly, but the details of it are more the sort of thing for the town's militia or one of the rangers. Then she feels a sense of fear and danger coming from the pocket of her robe; an unusual sensation, the kind of thing she mostly only feels through that empathic connection nowadays.

"What troubles you?" Kip asks her familiar.

"Um...the tree. And the, uh, the fire. The fire's normal though," replies Ziggler, who's poking their head out of Kip's beltpouch.

"That's it?"

"Uh huh." Their leafy little head bobs.

Kip brushes a hand over her brow, hiding the flash of gold in her eyes, and studies the surrounding area more closely.

Taking 10 on Perception for 25 and casting Detect Magic.

Athaleon
2020-03-10, 04:00 PM
The old priest's chanting conjured a deluge of water from thin air with each rhythmic crescendo. Things looked under-control enough that in between casts, he could spare a withering glance at the kobold's ranting.

The Kool
2020-03-10, 07:07 PM
BARD pulls out his bottle of water and opens it, preparing to launch a powerful geyser at the burning tree, then quickly thinks better of it as he realizes the likelihood that it would knock him on his backside. Settling for a moderate stream instead, he goes about hosing down what he can reach, being the lower branches and the nearby bushes and trees, to keep the fire from spreading. Karsten immediately starts dropping deluge after deluge on the tree, and it only takes a couple minutes for the fire to be put out.

Kip takes this opportunity to ask a few questions. What started the fire? Is there danger here aside from the fire? Could there be something behind this? These go mostly unvoiced, but lead to a quick investigation with the familiar, scanning for magical auras and seeing if any creatures are nearby. She finds no traces of magic, and no immediate threats, but small footprints in the dirt near the tree draw her eye. Hmm...

Paranomasia finds himself following a crowd of villagers and priests to a different set of burning trees, and as BARD and Karsten find themselves with a moment to breathe, his ranting voice carries with the backdrop of others, the sounds of fire-fighting still ongoing. One tree may be out, but the fight is far from over. Quite far, it appears, as Orsleff spots a spark of flame in a new area. Flame, and motion.

Hazuki
2020-03-10, 07:32 PM
Kip finds herself faced with one obvious solution: Follow the tracks. She's better equipped to handle any danger in the village than most of its guards, and if it turns out to be just a small child...well, they're even more easily handled than a pyromancer. So she follows the tracks.

Athaleon
2020-03-10, 07:43 PM
Karsten ran ahead to the next fire, with the vigor of a much younger man. "This ain't natural. If you're not putting out fires, look for whoever's settin' em!"

Triskavanski
2020-03-10, 08:09 PM
"I need.. minions!" The kobold grumbles to himself before looking over the group of people he was with. "All of you! You! You! Not You! You! And especially you! Be graced, For I have selected you for my minion apprenticeship! Are we just going to LET firebugs burn down our village?! I say NO! We will have these fires out faster than the can start them! Put your backs into it, Pick up the step! Many hands work together to rhythm of cooperation! We'll not Falter! We Get the water! We'll put out fire the flames will get no higher! We'll not Falter! We'll douse with water!"

Blazing Rondo (Oratory, Precussion)
Source Elemental Master's Handbook pg. 5
Thundering rhythms quicken your allies’ movements, but the effort of keeping up with the beat is wearying.

Prerequisite: Perform (oratory) 7 ranks or Perform (percussion) 7 ranks.

Cost: Feat or 3rd-level bard spell known.

Effect: Up to one ally per bard level gains the benefits of haste while you maintain this masterpiece, except the bonus to AC and on attack rolls and Reflex saves is one-fifth of your bard level. These allies must be within 60 feet of you to receive this benefit. When you cease performing this masterpiece, any creature that received this benefit for at least 3 rounds must succeed at a Fortitude save at this masterpiece’s DC or be fatigued for twice as many rounds as they were affected.

Use: 1 round of bardic performance per round.

Action: 1 standard action.

Using one round, to try to get up to 12 of the 'minions' whipped up in a bit of a fire fighting frenzy.

Yas392
2020-03-10, 10:00 PM
BARD remains to re-fill the ones who have buckets, not even bother to listen to the kobold's voice.

"Keep up the good work, lads!"

He pats a farmer's shoulder.

"Come along now, RAVEN. We have a tracker to catch."

The half-orc commands his decanter to stop pouring water and runs after Kip with RAVEN tagging along. When he reaches another fire, he commands his decanter to activate with his previous adjustments to help others put off fire of another ignited tree.

CasualViking
2020-03-11, 07:58 AM

Orsleff and Comet take off to deal with the outlying fires. On the way out there, Orsleff blows a long note on his hunting horn to alert the town of more threats.

The Kool
2020-03-12, 11:48 AM
Karsten, BARD, Paranomasia, and Orsleff find themselves running from fire to fire trying to lead the town in putting it out, but the progress is slow going. For every one they put out, it feels like two more rise up to take its place. The battle against the flames rages on until the sun begins to grace the trees with its presence, the villagers starting to fall back and regroup. A portion have begun clearing ground around the town to keep the flames from spreading, others are caring to the firefighters. Kip follows a suspicious set of tracks that leads from one flaming tree to another, fairly certain that it's a small group of people and not just one.

In a moment of rest, the four find themselves standing by a freshly extinguished fire and catching their breath. Off to the side, they can see Kip still following the trail, but this time in a direction with no flames. Not until another spark rises, and in a flash the group can see a tree up the hillside a short ways catches aflame.

Triskavanski
2020-03-12, 12:03 PM
HAAhahaha! You have paid for your crimes against me fire!" The kobold pauses huffing, looking back to the previous blazes directions "Like all those other fires back there.. No Matter! We will find the ones who are setting these fires and make them PAY for thier insolence! YOU! You look.. " he pauses watching Kip then towards where a new blaze is starting up You look like you are following something! Very well I accept your assitance! The rest of you follow along now! We don't have all day." He shouts towards anyone else who was around including Karsten, BARD, and Orsleff.

Hazuki
2020-03-12, 12:31 PM
Kip sees the spark of fire start apparently on its own and just barely manages to catch sight of the possible culprits. She could destroy them with magic, but with the tracks the way they are, this could easily be children. Instead, she turns to look towards the nearby group.

"Excuse me. I think the culprits are a small group. If you move quickly, you may be able to surround them."

Athaleon
2020-03-12, 11:45 PM
"Damn it all. I'll track 'em down if you can keep the fires under control long enough."

Perception? [roll0]
Survival? [roll1]

CasualViking
2020-03-13, 01:23 AM

"I'll help you track them", the griffon rider says.

Orsleff stows his shield on the griffon's saddle, draws out a rod, and briefly intones to the sky and ground: "Old Deadeye, I need speed to find these miscreants. Thy Will Be Done". He then sets off on the trail at a brisk pace.

Extended (by rod) Greater Longstrider, 8 hours for Orsleff and 16 hours for Comet. Orsleff now moves 35' in armor. Then follow the tracks, taking a mere -10 to do it while taking double moves. [roll0].

The Kool
2020-03-13, 01:34 AM
All this help suddenly with following the trail, and it turns out to be quite easy to follow. Perhaps not even necessary anymore, as those following it quickly find themselves giving chase to a small group of kobolds sprinting away from the freshly started fire.

Yas392
2020-03-13, 02:27 AM
"Of Kingdoms and Songs..."

Following the trail that leads to a chase, the fire-starters turns out to be the same kin as the proclaimed "SUPER-villain." The half-orc switches out his decanter for his quarterstaff, seeing that the priest has everything under control.

"Hello."

BARD turns to the "little master of evil" or what the half-orc call the delusional kobold in mind with a toothy grin as he chases the reptiles with the group, weapon in hand.

"Yours?"

Triskavanski
2020-03-13, 08:52 AM
"You draconician tail lickers! You DARE try to burn down the village that I am trying to take over?! Who is your oversized overlord?! I try and try and try to show you and your ilk TRUE magisty and yet you continue refuse and burn down random villages. If you burn it down there is nothing to take over! If there is nothing to take over then commerce stops and the gold doesn't flow into MY horde! What have dragons ever done to deserve your worship and adamation?! NOTHING! They're just big lazy irresponsible arrogant cruel fire breathing house cats! We Kobolds are VASTLY superior to them! We Have thumbs! When have you lot ever seen a dragon build something or swing a pick ax? Never! They cannot do it! " The kobold supervillain unleashed a ranting triad upon the group of kobold admonishing them for their actions of burning down the forest.

Looking to BARD "I am no where near their league. I am the great supervillain Paranomasia! Those are just dragon lackies. Filth. Garbage! FOOLS"

If Paranomasia is able to do it at all, he'll unleash fascinate as soon as he is able to if its going to be able to be effective. It would be a DC 29 will save for upto 7 of the kobolds.

The Kool
2020-03-13, 01:38 PM
The three kobolds stop running and turn to stare, finding themselves enraptured by the rant. The subtle magic of the bard's words take hold of them, rooting them in place.

I won't count the quarterstaff as drawing a weapon, but if anyone does act threateningly towards them it will break. Meanwhile, everyone can see and hear what's going on and is nearby enough to participate in this encounter.

CasualViking
2020-03-13, 02:10 PM
Orsleff and Comet circle around to cut off the kobolds' avenues of escape.

Yas392
2020-03-14, 08:05 AM
BARD shrugs.

"Well, its your lucky day, little master of evil. You want minions? Now you can recruit some, convert them to your cause."

The half-orc BARD moves to interpose himself on one of the side path in hopes to cut off one of the possible escape route after instructing RAVEN to hide via FLEE command. He looks back at Paranomasia as he moves.

"Don't mind me. I am not going to disrupt the conversion process. I am just going to sit back and watch the show, help herd the firestarters to you or perhaps record this event as an anecdote that I am going to narrate afterwards."

Handle animal for FLEE: [roll0]

Triskavanski
2020-03-14, 04:37 PM
Paranomasia pauses for a brief moment at that, glancing over to BARD, a little confused at the moment. "Wait.. you're.. not just going to run in swinging swords making snicker snacks?" That wasn't how this works, he thought. The heroes normally ran in with gold in their eyes, killing anyone and anything in their reach. Shrugging a little, as he prepares to start giving suggestions to them.

Yas392
2020-03-15, 03:44 AM
BARD extends one open palm forward as if to show something.

"My dear, I am but a humble storyteller. Not a mindless murderer or hero. The only ones suited to administer justice and echoes of fear would be those who jump right into the fray."

The BARD waves his staff to indicate the monster hunter and his pet.

"Yet they might lived. Rounded up, therein lies the questions our upstanding members will then ask, postponing the minor actors from a tragic fate. And I do not wield such savage weaponry. This here is a weapon of discipline, you see. Although the favored weapon of the WIZARD, it doubles as an instrument of travel. Yes, THE STAFF."

The half-orc clears his throat after cooing and touching his staff in a loving tone.

"A THWACK is what it will sound. Not a SWISH, SNICKER, SNACKS or SWOOSH. However, it will seldom see use. I am not going to emulate such bland path. From what I heard and seen, glory-seeking heroes warrant little merit and more trouble than expected. I am happy with my occupation, thank you very much. Now, let us see what ideas you whip up, hmm. If it is novel and interesting, it might go down as one of the epic tales in history."

Hazuki
2020-03-16, 10:19 AM
Kip watches the situation from a little ways away.

Triskavanski
2020-03-16, 11:35 AM
Turning his attention back on the kobolds, the Supervillain continues his ranting monologue "There is no reason to serve dragons. ESPECIALLY when it involves burning down. A TRUE supervillian seeks to take over everything! Idiots only seek to destroy! The Whole dichotomy of the world we live in is influenced by the market focus on heroes who go about destroying everything they disagree with! he points to one of the kobolds in the mid rant, "But you! You have the choice to make here and now. Do you want to continue being a door mat to everything else just because they are bigger than us or do you want to change the world?! Answer his questions!" with another flick of his wrist he points to BARD, being the only one of the heroes who didn't seem to be stuck listening to the kobold's rant.

Continue for 1 additional round of Facinate as a free action
Standard action to use Suggestion on kobold 1 DC24

CasualViking
2020-03-16, 04:07 PM
Behind the kobolds, Orsleff rolls his eyes so hard he might strain something.

Athaleon
2020-03-16, 10:44 PM
"If they can't be talked down, I'm putting an arrow over their heads to show we mean business." Karsten hissed to BARD. In the meantime, he resumed putting out fires while the "negotiations" continued.

Triskavanski
2020-03-17, 02:49 AM
"How very heroic of you." the supervillian mutters, mostly to himself. That was the heroes he knew and expected, turning to violence when things didn't work out the way they wanted. Though.. then again, you didn't say in their heads. But.. how about you just tie them up instead?

Yas392
2020-03-17, 08:08 AM
BARD smiles at the priest.

"And here I thought the clergy is about redemption and atonement. Where is the fire in your words?"

The blue storyteller spreads his hands wide open then clutches interlace his hands along with his staff near his chest area.

"Where is the love?"

He spreads his hands out again, transitioning to an expression that is close to a shrug.

"We cannot just point a weapon at them just because they would not listen. Then, they would not listen further. We have to keep encouraging them to open up and change their ways. IFs should be thrown out of the window because that would be telling of your dispirited self. Shame, I was hoping you would be the first trying to sway them but no matter. Allow me to demonstrate how it is done."

BARD flourishes himself and wags his non-staffed finger at the kobold for his indiscreet wording to the enchanted kobold.

"And he should be answering OUR questions, not just mine. Since you indeliberate made me into a mouthpiece for all of us, I am not feeling the need to compile a series of questions needs answering."

The half-orc BARD nods as he turns to face all of the group.

"But since the dragonlings can only speak the musical intonations of their draconic master, I will play along. Thank the coincidental timing that draconic language is needed and that I can speak it to communicate to them. If not, I would not bother. Now, start compiling the questions you want to ask for me to translate if I have not cover them. It is the least you could do while you watch our "negotiation."

He leans towards the suggested kobold though keeping his distance once he confirmed that Paranomasia has stir the kobold to their side a brief moment.

"(In Draconic) Sorry about my fellow chaps over there. They like me are servants of my great master and SUPERVILLAIN Paranomasia. They can be aggressive when the great master is threatened. Now, my master is always ruthless but he has a change of heart today. Answer my questions and he will allow you to join his glorious conquest to take over the world. First, who sent you to burn the trees in this land that my master Paranomasia conquered and ruled? Second, where do you come from? Third, how strong is your master or masters? Fourth, why do they want you to burn the trees of this land?"

The Kool
2020-03-17, 01:40 PM
There's chittering between the kobolds for a moment, then the one addressed steps forward hesitantly. <Draconic: "We serve Ragnar, great Wyrm of the Mountain of Fire, bringing about the Age of Fire over which we may all rule! There will even be room for us Descendants in this world-spanning Empire of Flame! The time is upon us, and all must burn! All Must Burn! All Must Burn!"> All three of them chant this in unison a few times before a tremor shakes the ground Above, smoke begins to rise from the mountain peak. <"IT IS TIME! They are here! ALL MUST BURN!"> Excitement flushes through the group as a wave of heat washes over the party from behind, from the direction of the village.

Hazuki
2020-03-17, 03:20 PM
Kip frowns at the words that spew from the Kobold's lips. If what they say is true... She has no time to ponder on that, because she feels the heat coming from the village.

"Orsleff, may I ride with you?" she asks the Griffon-mounted man. "I must return to the village, and quick."

Athaleon
2020-03-17, 03:25 PM
Karsten fixed BARD with a withering look. "What did they say?"

CasualViking
2020-03-17, 03:55 PM

"Hold on tight. I'll fly low" , is all Orsleff says as he gets ready to fly towards the town.

The Kool
2020-03-17, 04:57 PM
As the group turns their backs on the kobolds, looking towards the town, they see flames flickering in the trees. These flames move like none others before though, and hold shape. As they draw closer, it becomes quite clear that they hold the shape of people, great people of fire, some small and some large. Everywhere they walk, they leave a trail of flame, and easily half a dozen can be seen scattered across the hillside, moving away from the peak. Two larger ones in particular are moving straight in the direction of the village, and while they aren't far from the party, they'll have to move fast if they want to intercept!

Hazuki
2020-03-17, 05:12 PM
Kip does as Orsleff instructs and her frown only deepens at the sight of the titans approaching the village. Her primary goal is obvious: Defend the village. But how? The same way she did when she first discovered her abilities. Once the village is within 820ft, she focuses on a point in the distance, between the giant fire creatures and the village. Within seconds, a towering wall of ice sprouts from the ground, accompanied by a wave of cold, by the sound of mass crystallization, spreading and spreading until it towers over the village and the surrounding countryside. On the side of the village, away from the eyes of the creatures, a message seems to be carved into the ice wall: FLEE.

Casting Major Image and spending a point from my Veil Pool (Halfling) to make it appear as a Wall of Ice spell. I've got 160 square cubes to work with, so it should be pretty dang big.

Yas392
2020-03-17, 05:15 PM
BARD shrugs as he runs with the group.

"Seems like burn everything, raise an empire, trying to bring the age of fire mumbo jumbo which is similar to the many major events in the book of apocalypse. Oh yes, orchestrated by some dragon overlord named Ragnar of Fire Mountain or something. Boring script. I think I will just stick with you people. They are more wonderful things to be woven than burning everything down. We best make haste to the village and whisk away the villagers to safety before we deal with the one behind it. And his base is obvious from where the mountain peak is spewing smoke."

Triskavanski
2020-03-17, 08:01 PM
"Idiots!" the supervillain says, turning to follow the others. Even as they leave, the effects of the fascination would keep in play for a few moments. "Next time we should tie them up and put them in a slow moving deathtrap.. but now isn't the time." He remarks, looking up to the griffon rider and then to the rest of the party he integrated himself into. "FASTER! we haven't a moment to waste! We can't let them burn everything down. "

Stander round to Use materpiece - Blazing Rondo to increase Paranomasia, Bard and Karsten's speed. If there is another person who didn't take off on griffon, they'd also get the effects of haste for a round.

Yas392
2020-03-19, 09:13 AM
Knowing the masterpiece from other bards, BARD accepts whatever aid that the proclaimed "villainous" kobold offers. His hands and legs blur as the magic speeds up his movements. The half-orc lets the music into his ears up to a certain point of time (up to 2 rounds) before his hands clamps his ears shut. His limbs that are not moving slows until their shape is definite.

Athaleon
2020-03-19, 11:15 AM
Karsten ran with the group back to the village, unslinging his bow as he went. "Should have known they were just trying to draw us out."

Yas392
2020-03-20, 08:57 PM
"Too late for that."

BARD points at two fiery giant figures heading towards the village as he and RAVEN runs with the rest.

"Whatever we must do to ensure the safety of our abodes, taking care of those big flaming balls would be the best choice in my opinion unless we want to run like headless chicken ushering the villagers to safety in this chaos. Well, if we can somehow split to take care of the fire giants and the village at the same time, even better. If we are going for the fiery buggers and unable to obstruct them with our pace, I present two alternatives; both of them being teleportation. One short ranged. One long ranged. Do decide our route first, hmm."

Triskavanski
2020-03-20, 09:12 PM
"I need thirty seconds before I can bring the pain to these foolish fire beasts! If we can cut them off at the pass, it would be far better as they'd move into my range. "

The Kool
2020-03-20, 09:25 PM
As the group approaches, swinging wide and deciding which move to make, they are glad for the fact that the elementals don't seem to be moving with any haste. The apparent wall of ice has held them at bay for now, causing them to seek a way around, and on the way they have attracted the presence of several smaller warhound-looking elementals. Smaller being a relative term, as they're still about as big as a horse.

CasualViking
2020-03-21, 12:48 AM

Orsleff, Comet and Kip continue towards the village at 50' speed, 200' per Run action. On the way, cast Resist Energy (Fire) [roll0]

Yas392
2020-03-23, 06:14 PM
BARD racks his brain for information in his attempt to identify the flaming elementals and whether or not they are same as the normal fire elementals.

Knowledge (Planes) - [roll0]

Triskavanski
2020-03-24, 06:32 AM
Once to the location, Paranomasia begins muttering to himself. "Again again again... Every single time I try to take over something, some fool has to come along and try to burn it down! They should just die! all of them. Die! The whole lot of them! They will all rue the day when I rule the day!"

Yas392
2020-03-24, 08:32 AM
The half-orc BARD turns to the kobold.

"Thirty seconds, you say? Make yourself scarce to those flaming brutes."

BARD raises an eyebrow at Karsten.

"Are you going to bless us before we jump into the fray? This is the perfect timing for such act. We know our opponents. Better use the advantage while we can."

His eyes then darts until they are align with the rest who are on the ground.

"Giving you a heads up as I am about to enact a crazy feat."

BARD looks up at the man and the gnome, riding the man's flaming winged pet then to look at the kobold and the priest, waiting for them to *yap their decisions and prepare for the benefit of the group* before the blue performer is willing to go through with dismissing RAVEN to a safe location via FLEE command before hiding and biding for an opportunity to draw attention of the moving flames from the village. He will then be going to catch the big ones by surprise with well-timed magic missiles that will spring forth from his staff. But that might change based on the decision of the group.

Handle Animal (FLEE) - [roll0]

Stealth - [roll1]

Magic Missile 1 vs Big Elemental 1 - [roll2]

Magic Missile 2 vs Big Elemental 2 - [roll3]

*He will wait until the group have prepared their stuff like Paranomasia's 5 round masterpiece and decide a course of action before he initiate what he has in mind for the big fire elementals. Any earlier decisions may end up changing his original plans and he might go with a different action than what he intended.*

Athaleon
2020-03-24, 09:39 PM
"I'll cast the blessing just before we draw them," Karsten replied, a little peevishly. "I don't tell you how to sing, BARD."

When we pull the enemies or when they are definitely breaking off to attack us, Karsten will cast Blessing of Fervor on the party.

Yas392
2020-03-25, 05:07 AM
"On the contrary, my dear Karsten, I am a narrator not a singer. You should know if you stop by the tavern more often. Tell that to the other BARDS."

BARD brushes the edge of his ear with his free hand.

"I am just here to confirm we have a battle ready priest on par to his reputation. From what little I gathered from the other BARDS and people, you are quite the fearsome fighter back in the old days as they say."

The half orc BARD grips his staff firmer.

"Well now, I believe I am going to wait until all of us prepared according to our own expectations before I go, as many thugs put it, piss the flaming giants off."

The Kool
2020-03-25, 04:49 PM
As the group advances, Kip does her best to divert them from the village. Orsleff protects himself against the obvious threat of fire. Paranomasia begins his 30-second countdown. BARD wracks his brain, but these seem like normal fire elementals; immune to flame, weak to cold. Right when the kobold's countdown approaches zero, BARD launches his two magic missiles to grab their attention and Karsten performs his blessing.

Initiative has begun. Should it matter, the order is: Karsten, BARD, Kip, Elementals, Paranomasia, Orsleff. Don't feel constrained by posting in strict initiative order. As far as I'm concerned, you may freely act around each other, what matters is when the foes go. Karsten, BARD, and Kip all rolled higher, so they get to post between now and my next update. Everyone may post an action for a surprise round, but you three also get to detail your first full round of combat. You may wait until everyone has posted their prep and surprise round actions in official terms first. BARD's surprise round action was the magic missile, and Karsten's was Blessing of Fervor. I assume Paranomasia's is completing his 'ritual'?

As an aside, if something is delaying you from posting and you haven't warned me, your default action will be to just 'delay' until your return so that you can jump right back in. If you want any other default tactics, you need to warn me in advance.

Athaleon
2020-03-25, 11:46 PM
"Deadeye, guide my aim..." Karsten breathed as he drew a nocked arrow and let loose a volley with blinding speed.

Swift Action: Use Fervor to cast Divine Favor.

Full Round Action: Shoot 'em, with Rapid Shot and Deadly Aim. He'll focus on one enemy at a time, starting with the biggest or otherwise the nearest. These rolls assume the enemy is within the first range increment (110'), and don't include any buffs our party may cast in the Surprise Round—since they would have come first, I'm posting under the assumption they will apply to this round of attacking.

First Iterative: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Manyshot Damage: [roll2]

Blessing of Fervor: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Rapid Shot: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Second Iterative: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Improved Rapid Shot: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Greater Rapid Shot: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]

Edit: All damage added together before subtracting DR once, as per Clustered Shots.

CasualViking
2020-03-26, 12:42 AM

"Come on, friend. Let's kill the big one" , Orsleff says, and pats Comet's flank. He levels his lance at their intended target.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f3/ce/e6/f3cee6be13414a3e61b27eef34287107.jpg
Comet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2134209)
AC 34 (-2 charge -2 lunge), Touch 13, FF 30, CMD 29|Fort +11 Ref +11 Will +4 (+4 vs Enchantment)|HP: 85/85
Comet is surrounded by a freezing mist, and his muscles swell under his pelt. He flies right into the face of the biggest fire elemental , and demolishes it with beak and claws.

Swift action - set Comet's aspects to Cold and Bull
Partial Charge. Note that Partial Charge still allows a pounce.
Orsleff takes +2 to hit and AC from the blessing
Comet takes an additional attack
Lance - , [roll1]
Bite [roll2], [roll3]
second bite [roll4], [roll5]
claw [roll6], [roll7]
claw [roll8], [roll9]
rake [roll10], [roll11] EDIT: Confirm 27, +17 damage
rake [roll12], [roll13] - If this attack hits, bull rush [1d20]+21 EDIT: 27- if that beats CMD by 10, trip [roll14]

Melee attacks against Comet do 6d4 cold damage to the attacker.

Triskavanski
2020-03-26, 04:31 PM
Finished with his own preparation, the kobold moved to the tallest tower he could get up onto in order to see the battlefield.

"It is with great joy and jubilation that your death will be brought about by ME!" he announces looking towards the biggest of them all. It hardly mattered how far out it was, as he could reach incredible distances as he called down the strike onto foe. "Look Look I can crush your head like this!" he says looking between his fingers as he squishes them together... As soon as he does there is a thunderous BOOM!

I can make the perform check on a roll of a one [roll0] #oratory

[roll1] THUNDER damage straight down from the sky on the big one
DC 21 reflex save for half. I don't think I have anything else that adds to the DC of my masterpieces sadly beyond the basic formula

Yas392
2020-03-26, 04:43 PM
BARD swings his staff, sending another hail of magic missiles to the most damaged big elemental that the group targeted while keeping himself at a safe distance so that he cannot be reached by the elemental.

Missile Volley: [roll0]

Moving to a distance which the elementals cannot reach him if possible.

Hazuki
2020-03-27, 08:47 PM
Kip continues to manipulate her illusion, raising some parts and shifting others when it seems like the elementals might be trying to go around rather than engaging with the others. If nothing else, she'll be able to give those intelligent enough to flee enough time to outrun these fiery foes.

The Kool
2020-03-27, 09:40 PM
With something resembling a battlecry from the insane kobold, the ambush is launched!

Karsten breathes a prayer and opens with an impressive volley against one of the two large elementals, all of the attacks striking true. One after another they punch through the core of the elemental and split its very heart open, a scream dying to the winds as the elemental dissolves into wisps of flame.

The hunter launches forward at the other large elemental on his griffon. Orsleff's lance catches the creature of flame by surprise, tearing a gouge into his side and nearly rending an arm clean off. His faithful steed rallies under him, his attacks landing but barely making an impact on this partially-insubstantial creature.

The elemental dodges out of the way of Paranomasia's bolt of thunder, but still takes some damage from it, and can't dodge the magic missiles! When it turns to lay a hand on the griffon, the already hurting creature of fire lets out a scream of its own as its hand freezes solid from the connection. The cold runs up his arm, flames flickering out as it goes until the elemental dissolves in a flurry of snow and ash.

Celebration is short lived, as a small pack of wardog-looking fire elementals rush at the group with surprising speed! Two of them leap up onto the rooftop that the group is positioned on, a third attempts to join and fails, while the other three circle the building for the moment.

Given that the shortest range of all your declared actions so far is Comet's partial charge, I'll place your starting distance at the max allowed for that action: 40ft to the closer of the big guys. This means about 70ft to the further, and I'll mark that as the one that Karsten attacked for what should now be obvious reasons. (Had I realized you guys were gonna be getting that close, I would have placed further emphasis on the stealth checks. Ah well, next time.)

Both huge elementals are dead. There are six wardog elementals. Currently, I have the following mental image of the battlefield (not having a map for this lol... there'll be maps later): Orsleff and Comet in the air, out of the reach of the wardogs just barely, getting passed by; and the rest of the group some 50-60 ft back by now, taking advantage of a rooftop for elevation, since the rest of you are all significant range or declared to be hanging back. Unfortunately, the wardogs have closed that distance since they move 60ft per round.

Yas392
2020-03-27, 10:04 PM
BARD tries to discern these war-dogs elementals with his past knowledge.

Knowledge (Planes): [roll0]

The Kool
2020-03-27, 10:08 PM
They appear to be simple elementals, probably a bit weaker in strength and defense as the other guys so they should drop easier.

Yas392
2020-03-27, 11:38 PM
BARD leans forward to see the emberlings.

"These aren't as strong as those one we put down or even unique. I'll see what you people are doing before I make my move. If you want any suggestions or options from me, ask away."

The half-orcs shrugs. RAVEN watching his master, nestled within a nearby tree and loitering unless provoke by fire in which it will then hop to another tree.

Athaleon
2020-03-28, 02:23 AM
Karsten stood his ground and let loose another volley at the wardogs that made it onto the roof.

Full Attack, same as before.

Second Iterative: [roll7]

CasualViking
2020-03-28, 04:20 AM

Orsleff and Comet turn to chase down one of the smaller elementals.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f3/ce/e6/f3cee6be13414a3e61b27eef34287107.jpg
Comet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2134209)
AC 34 (-2 charge -2 lunge), Touch 13, FF 30, CMD 29|Fort +11 Ref +11 Will +4 (+4 vs Enchantment)|HP: 85/85

Charge - once more, with Power Attack this time, and the teamwork feats.
Orsleff takes +2 to hit and AC from the blessing
Comet takes an additional attack
Orsleff & Comet are always flanking against large or medium creatures - these are large, right? If not, all attack rolls are at -4.
Lance - , [roll1]
Bite [roll2], [roll3]
second bite [roll4], [roll5]
claw [roll6], [roll7]
claw [roll8], [roll9]
rake [roll10], [roll11]
rake [roll12], [roll13] - If this attack hits, bull rush [roll]+21 - if that beats CMD by 10, trip [roll14]

Melee attacks against Comet do 6d4 cold damage to the attacker.

Triskavanski
2020-03-29, 09:25 AM
"Ack!" cried the kobold, "When I take over this land, we shall enact proper locations that dogs can't jump onto! You there! DIE!" He moves with the grace of a dancer away the canine, small bells chiming at every foot step.. and suddenly there was another earth shattering kaboom!

Dance is my best perform skill.
[roll0] another sonic boom on a dog.

Yas392
2020-03-29, 09:33 AM
"Hack and slash it is."

BARD again swings his staff, hurling unmissable bolts at the dogs, prioritizing the one that is very wounded but not finished. He hopes that the bolts will do the job, putting the final nail in the coffin.

Magic Missile: [roll0]

He will take the +2 ATK/AC/REFLEXES option from blessing this round.

Current AC: 22

The Kool
2020-03-31, 10:43 AM
Taking a half-step back to gain some distance, Karsten keeps up his rapid-fire assault as the wardog elementals leap up onto the roof. He manages a solid hit on one, dispersing it, then turns his attention to another and manages to finish it off right before it leaps at his face.

Comet charges another, demolishing it into wisps of flame, while Orsleff catches a fourth with his lance, almost taking it down in one hit. Right as it rears up to strike, a bolt of force hits it from behind and it collapses.

Of the two remaining, one gets smacked with self-righteous lightning from above, and they both turn tail to run in another direction.

Yas392
2020-03-31, 05:21 PM
Seeing the remaining dogs escaping, he twirls his staff as if to charge up something.

"Oh no, you don't."

BARD then stops and points to the fleeing bunch, targeting the most damaged one between the two with yet another volley of force bolts.

Magic Missile: [roll0]

He will take the +2 ATK/AC/REFLEXES option from blessing this round.

Current AC: 22

Athaleon
2020-04-01, 04:24 PM
Karsten shot another volley of arrows at the fleeing elementals. Better that they didn't escape to cause havoc somewhere else.

Second Iterative: [roll7]]

The Kool
2020-04-01, 07:16 PM
The archer and the bard keep their cool, and long before the fleeing pair of elementals are out of range (despite how fast they move), they have been downed.

The group stands on the outskirts of the village. Fires are getting closer, and townsfolk are doing what they can to protect their homes. For a moment, the area around the group is quiet.

Athaleon
2020-04-02, 01:59 AM
"I'm getting back to work on the fires. Keep an eye out for more elementals, or those Kobolds. They might have turned out to be small fry, but we can't have those little arsonists running free in the woods."

CasualViking
2020-04-02, 02:16 AM

Orsleff and Comet try to beat out and smother some of the fires. Neither of them are afected by the flames. They also keep an eye out for any more hostile action, or people who need to be rescued.

Yas392
2020-04-03, 09:21 AM
"No time for celebration. This is just the first wave."

BARD again takes out his decanter with one hand after freeing it from the staff. He commands water to spring in "fountain" level to put out the fires as he maintains a straight stance and a slight bend head. To spectators, he looks like someone watering a plant except he is doing it to the spreading embers. He is ready to command the decanter to stop and stow it away in his haversack if new enemies are in sight. RAVEN watches his master as always not moving from his untouched tree unless provoked by flames and enemies.

The Kool
2020-04-04, 11:10 PM
After taking a moment to breathe and recollect themselves, the group is keeping a close eye on their surroundings. Unexpectedly, the next creature to approach them is an old man from the village. He comes bustling up with surprising gusto for a beard as white as his, worn tunic rippling in the wind of his passing. "Excuse me, saviors! I could use your aid!"

He calms down slightly upon reaching the group, taking a few deep breaths and shuffling the scrolls and journals in his arms to pull out one in particular. "These beasts of flame... They are not from this realm! They are from the plane of pure fire, and something has called them here. This mountain bears an ancient connection to the plane of fire, and I suspect that Ragnar, the mad inhabitant of this mountain, has awoken it once again." As if on cue, the ground shakes and a plume of smoke rises from the mountaintop, lit from below by an orange glow. "I need no longer suspect," he says in awe as a scroll tumbles from his arms. "I have spent my life studying this land and its history and connections, but I did not expect to see it play out before my with my own eyes..."

Triskavanski
2020-04-04, 11:21 PM
"What an unfathomable fiend that wrot fire upon the land! " the kobold says shaking his fist in the air. "Does he not know who the true ruler of this land will be?!... Once I figure out what to do after taking over the world." the last part he mutters to himself. The villains of stories rarely ever think their choices through, but not Paranomasia! He was after all a supervillain! "Who is this Ragnar and why did you build a village near him?!"

Yas392
2020-04-05, 04:55 AM
BARD looks at Paranomasia.

"He is a dragon as the kobolds told us, my young protege. A massive dragon if overlord is an indication of their size and ego. And a good question."

The half-orc taps the ground with his staff three precise times.

"Why would anyone build a village near an ancient portal to the plane of fire? Safeguarding duties? Benefits? Tradition? Curiosity? The first three I can get. The fourth madness. I would not be surprised if someone built this village out of sheer coincidence or a fiery planar being from the other side founded this village before the portal gets closed. So my good elder, care to tell us the history behind this?"

Athaleon
2020-04-05, 12:04 PM
"Maybe someone found a hot spring," Karsten suggested wryly.

The Kool
2020-04-05, 12:30 PM
"The village grew here during a time of peace after the portal had already been sealed." The old man gives a weary sigh. "Most never knew about the portal, and I figured it was best not to tell them. As long as it remained asleep. I had hoped the dragon moved on..."

Triskavanski
2020-04-05, 01:43 PM
"This is why heroes are always in short supply, forgetting portals till people die. Course villains none to wise thought to control the power that brings their demise." he hums, pausing. "But dragons? Why does it have to be dragons? Stupid pompus arrogant jerks the whole lot of them! Parading around in the dungeons.. Though I've never seen a dragon in a dungeon. Usually its more of a cave system. Next you'd tell me the is ogres in the obsoletes and trolls in the bathroom! Wait.. no, Towers. Trolls in the Towers."

He points at the old man, "Let it be known that I, Paranomasia will take over this village.. and probably appoint who ever is already leader to run it however they see fit... And If I have to utterly obliterate this.. This.. Ragnar, I shall do it! So keep those fires put out and the people safe, I want there to be a village with people, living ones here to take over when I get back or I might just have to go to the underworld and drag you all from its pits to live on this land again. And that will be very expensive to do!" He begins muttering to himself, "Could I even find a way to get to the underworld? Sure there is raise dead.. but that is so expensive.. so much diamond dust.. Well if I did a diamond dust racket, i could work at increasing the price..."

Athaleon
2020-04-07, 01:00 AM
Karsten shot the Kobold another dirty look, but decided to leave him to his grandiose delusion for now. "Where is this portal? And how do we go about closing it? Preferably for good, this time."

Yas392
2020-04-07, 01:29 AM
BARD facepalms the elder's answer.

"Bah, coincidence. Oh no, no, no, no, that would not do as great of a tale."

The genteel half-orc shakes his head ad nauseum. He turns to the mountain as the top erupts fire again from whatever opening ritual that mad dragon has enact. He smiles at the rising smoke.

"Now that is a story to behold."

CasualViking
2020-04-07, 02:12 PM

"Portals?" is all Orsleff says. He closes his eyes and rubs his face with a weary sigh.

The Kool
2020-04-07, 07:43 PM
"Portals. Yes. ...but! There is good news!" He fumbles with his stack of papers, drawing one forth and holding it up in trembling fingers. On the page was the sketch of a ring, inscriptions and notes on and around it. "There is an artifact, one of great power of beings of flame. With the artifact, and the right rituals, I can send these creatures back where they came from and seal the portal again! It has been done before, and I have the records of it and have been studying this. If you can bring me the ring, I can end this all!" He grins manically. "Will you help?"

Yas392
2020-04-07, 08:50 PM
BARD smiles as the old man narrates this artifact that can close the portals. His grin at the end unnerves the half-orc thereby causing the BARD to gauge his intentions while remaining nonchalant and relaxed.

"So you want us to retrieve the ring for you from the heart of the mountain where Ragnar lays waiting, correct?"

Sense Motive (using perform (oratory) check in place of usual bonus) to detect lies and ulterior motives of the old man: [roll0]

Triskavanski
2020-04-07, 09:05 PM
For the moment, for once, the kobold is suddenly quiet. He narrows his eyes looking at the old man, frowning slightly. "How very convenient." Paranomasia finally mutters to himself, growing suddenly rather suspicious of the old man. Evil always triumphs because good is stupid, most would be heroes would ignore the signs, like goatees and names like Doctor Insano or Mcmurderbath, but not the super-villain kobold. Then again, he looks around at the other heroes and BARD, perhaps it would be a good learning experience for them? After all it was often the job for the arch-rival to taught and tease the heroes until the inevitable team up in the final book where they had to take on the biggest foe they've ever faced, like creatures from the stars above or some sort of evil from the depths below.

[roll0] my own sense motive using oratory. Though Paranomasia believes there is a hidden evil within this mans words, cause its what he'd do. Well almost. Can't trust using some ancient relic of power to summon an unspeakable force of evil.. Never is quite under the villains control.

Athaleon
2020-04-07, 11:29 PM
Karsten was struck by the suspicion that the old man suddenly seemed a little too eager.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

The Kool
2020-04-08, 07:15 PM
The man pauses, taken aback by the half-orc getting a bit ahead of him. "Er... yes. It would be too easy if it were elsewhere, would it not? The good news is, my divinations have revealed the location of the artifact. The bad news is that the dragon seems to have discovered it first, and secured it in his mountain. It makes sense... it would be folly to make your move while the artifact that is your weakness is unaccounted for."

Athaleon
2020-04-11, 04:20 PM
"All right." Karsten was willing to go along, for now. "How do we get to it?"

Yas392
2020-04-12, 07:23 AM
BARD keeps quiet and let the priest continue his diplomacy. He uses the distraction to send his eyes darting at every corner for any strand of hair that the elder drop during the conversation and to see if he knows this wizardy man from somewhere with his limited knowledge.

Perception: [roll0]

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1]

Knowledge (Local): [roll2]

The Kool
2020-04-12, 05:16 PM
"Right. To business. The way into the mountain... I don't know where it is. There should be an entrance somewhere that he can fit in through, flying if possible. Dragons like large spaces, even in their caves. That one is likely up high on the mountain where he doesn't have to worry about random travelers wandering in, and may be hidden with magic. This dragon in particular also has a following of, er, kobolds. There is a tribe nearby that have been known to spout his name in fear and awe, and there is a high likelihood that there is a way for them to enter into his lair. Perhaps not where he keeps his treasure, but something adjacent, such that he might put them to use. Do you know of anything that might lead us to either such an entrance? If not, I could perhaps attempt some more risky reconnaissance..."

You don't see any falling hairs, but you do think you've seen this man around town before. Maybe at a shop, or passing in the street.

Triskavanski
2020-04-13, 05:52 PM
"Blasted kobolds.. The whole lot of them!" says the kobold. Bet they won't be parading around setting things on fire if we kill their dragon! Or capture him and put him to work as the towns.. the towns.... Something degrading!

CasualViking
2020-04-15, 12:30 AM

"Draagooonnn....." Orsleff says, dragging out the word. He clears his throat. ""You'll need flight, or at the very least a good range and the ability to actually get up to his lair. And you'll need to withstand his breath. Are you guys ready to go?".

Athaleon
2020-04-15, 11:54 PM
"I can grant us resistance to his fiery breath, but not to fly." Karsten frowned. "I'm not in favor of squeezing an answer out of a prisoner, but if we capture a kobold alive, do you think it would tell us where the entrance is without us resorting to ugliness?"

Yas392
2020-04-16, 05:37 AM
"That is why we have this chap over here for."

BARD pats the ally kobold on the shoulder. The old man's last sentence causes him to raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by risky reconnaissance? You are going to try to divine where the entrance is?"

Triskavanski
2020-04-16, 06:42 PM
Parnomasia sighs flailing his hands into the air. "We had three of the dragon suckers in our grasp.. and we let them go! Rope! We need more rope and minions that know how to tie knots!"

Hazuki
2020-04-17, 08:25 PM
Kip stands present, but vacant, lost as she is in her own thoughts. A dragon is something they're certainly not equipped for, not even with all the griffons and magic in a dozen, thousand miles. Not unless it's much less mighty than the kobolds claimed, which is always a possibility, but the presence of fire elementals suggests otherwise.

The Kool
2020-04-22, 04:41 PM
The old man nods gravely at the mention of divination. "Yes, the old-fashioned way. Walk up there myself. I could take a look at the rift, for he surely is not opening it far from where he can get to it. Or, if you said you have seen these kobolds on the slopes, you could track them back to where they came from? That may just work. Before you go, I can help give you the strength to overcome this dragon." He motions for the group to gather in close, pulling out a new scroll and beginning a ritual. He sprinkles in comments where he can, amidst the alchemical substances and words of power. "This ritual unlocks some of the latent power within you. I would use it myself, but it would be much better put to use on heroes like you. With this, you should find that fortune begins to favor you in unexpected ways, and your inner talent comes to light in ways you never imagined. Go, strengthen this power, and use it to bring back the ring. With any luck, you shouldn't need to cross the dragon directly..."

I believe we've waited long enough. Following the lead of the tabletop runs of this game, I'll not start at Mythic 1, but rather skip straight to Mythic 2. Your power is released in time to begin the approach to the mountain, the only question left is which way to approach from? I know of at least 3 ways in, two of which have been suggested already, but I have been surprised by player ingenuity before.

Finals crunch has been rough, and isn't over yet. I expect about another week of this, then my stress should start to drop as I look into a new semester.

Yas392
2020-04-22, 11:23 PM
BARD nods at the empowerment.

"So these portals..."

As the old man distracts himself with the ritual preparation, facing away from the old man, BARD mutters as quiet as he can. His eyes glow blue scans the surrounding as quick as he can before twisting again looks over the old man's head as if to detect a portal while keeping the old man in the magic detection radius to see if the elder has magical auras on him and there is any trace of portal emanation. After spending three rounds of concentration, the half-orc veers his head to another direction to scan a new patch of area.

"They are not going to appear in this village, are they?"

Detect Magic

CasualViking
2020-04-23, 02:08 AM

"Comet and I are not exactly inconspicuous. So there is that to take into account", Orsleff says. As the sparks of the ritual settle on him, his eyes briefly glow, and he stretches and flexes, as if testing his body.

Triskavanski
2020-04-23, 04:52 PM
For the moment, the kobold rants and raves, complaining about the dragons some more and their caves. "Why do dragons even horde gold and other treasure? What treasury out there produces so many coins in the first place that so many dragons can make entire beds out of the coins? Then adventures come in, kill the dragon and loot everything. It takes months for the economy to recover from all their generosity! Though with the price of a curing potion, these days, who's not to be surprised with that?" As sparks and ritual stuff go on around him, He blinks looking around. "Wait, what just happened.. What did you do?!"

Athaleon
2020-04-24, 03:14 AM
Karsten was skeptical of the ritual at first, but he couldn't argue with the strength and vigor that filled him.

Still working out which Mythic options to take.