PDA

View Full Version : Goliath Barabian 2 / Moon circle Druid 4+

Nosta
2020-03-09, 02:22 PM
What is a good build for a Goliath Barbarian 2 / Moon circle Druid 4?
I like to make my wild shapes as strong and effient as they can be

nickl_2000
2020-03-09, 02:26 PM
You have race and class levels already, and this is a perfectly legitimate and effective build.

What are you looking for from us?

Man_Over_Game
2020-03-09, 02:31 PM
You have race and class levels already, and this is a perfectly legitimate and effective build.

What are you looking for from us?

Same. You have Unarmored Defense, Rage. Beyond War Caster, I guess, there's not much else you could do that'd improve your situation beyond having the two best damage-mitigation features in the game.

Getting level 3/4 into Barbarian can help, if you're fine delaying your Druid magic, but it's kind of a toss-up either way.

Being a Gnome is a very powerful choice, as it means you'll have virtually no weaknesses in terms of Saving Throws.

I guess you could look into magic items that could be worn by beast forms, but that's so heavily controlled by your DM that you'll have much better luck asking him.

Honestly, just going Barbarian 1, Druid X is enough of a perfectly optimized Beast-Form character that you'd have a hard time doing it badly. Some vote against taking Barbarian, in order to get that sweet level 20 Moon Druid feature, but buying a worse car because you want to invest in lottery tickets isn't a very good strategy.

Quietus
2020-03-09, 02:35 PM
If you're starting at 6th, it's real tempting to go pure moon druid and pick up your barbarian levels as you level up. Those CR2 wild shape options are tasty.