PDA

View Full Version : Doubling Down on a Bad Idea - Twists to Sorcerer and

Cikomyr2
2020-03-09, 05:55 PM
So. You all saw my thread about doing an adaption of Grim Dawn to D&D. The point of the setting and rule update is to degeneralize the feel of D&D. It's a fantastic game, but games could require more personality of rules to more unify the campaign with the ruleset. The point is not to find a better way of playing DnD, but merely to grab a fun way to play differently with our favourite toy.

The main character in the game is The Taken. An individual who was possessed by an Aetherial, and released willingly before the body was executed.

The person has been wiped clean and has developed a strangle relation with the Aether.

Thats the Sorcerer in Grim Dawn. And I was thinking of this rather.. Interesting revision to the character.

What if it had the number of spell slot per week as a Sorcerer has currently per day.

However, when he casts a spell, he can pick form the entire spell list of sorcerers.

Make the idea roll in your head. I think it would make for... Interesting gameplay. And certainly give a whole new feel to the Sorcerer.

I ain't saying it's better, just thinking of how it may impact a campaign. Would it break it?

Slow-ass spell per week. But every one available at their fingertips.