PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Class Features That Give A Hometown Bonus?

Palanan
2020-03-09, 09:07 PM
Apart from campaign-specific traits, are there any class features, archetypes, feats, etc. that give a bonus while in a specific hometown?

I know I’ve come across something like this recently, but can’t call it to mind. I’m looking for anything in official Pathfinder 1E, but I’m open to official Wizards content if there’s anything similar.

Hazrond
2020-03-09, 10:10 PM
The vigilante has his Renown social talents and then the associated talents that build off of it, which can make a character quite potent in their hometown.

Ilorin Lorati
2020-03-09, 10:18 PM
Off the top of my head,

Site-Bound Oracle Curse (https://www.aonprd.com/OracleCurses.aspx#ctl00_MainContent_DataListTypes_ ctl32_LabelName)
Vigilante Renown Social Talent (https://www.aonprd.com/VigilanteTalents.aspx#ctl00_MainContent_DataList2_ ctl36_LabelName)
Spiritualist Zeitgeist Binder (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Spiritualist%20Zei tgeist%20Binder)

I think there's a few more - I seem to remember at least one archetype (not the oracle curse) bound to a monolith or a specific ritual site, but I can't find it.

El Dorado
2020-03-09, 11:01 PM
Urban ranger archetype in the APG gives favored community bonuses (like favored terrain).

OrbanSirgen
2020-03-10, 12:13 AM
If you plan on doing very little outside of urban areas, Races of Destiny has the Urban Soul prestige class...

The Insanity
2020-03-10, 12:19 AM
Celebrity Bard's abilities could be refluffed as such.

AnimeTheCat
2020-03-10, 10:34 AM
Doesn't Famous do this? I think Celebrety Bard and Court Bard get Famous innately, plus I think it's a feat Maybe? (Not super well versed on PF, but I just read those bard Archetypes)

legomaster00156
2020-03-10, 10:39 AM
The Demagogue Bard also gets a similar feature.

Dimers
2020-03-10, 12:53 PM
Guild Agent rogue archetype fits the bill.

Palanan
2020-03-10, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hazrond
The vigilante has his Renown social talents and then the associated talents that build off of it….

Interesting, thanks. Renown is close, but the community can be changed at will, which is different from what I’m thinking of.

Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati
I think there's a few more - I seem to remember at least one archetype (not the oracle curse) bound to a monolith or a specific ritual site, but I can't find it.

Please let me know if you come across this one, I’d love to see it.

Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat
Doesn't Famous do this? I think Celebrety Bard and Court Bard get Famous innately….

From what I can tell, the Famous ability covers a geographic area that expands over a region as the character levels, rather than being tied to a single specific locale. What I’m thinking of is much more tightly restricted—you’re locked into a single place which can’t be changed.

Originally Posted by Dimers
Guild Agent rogue archetype fits the bill.

Could you explain this one? I’m not seeing anything that’s specifically tied to a single town.

Alexvrahr
2020-03-11, 12:38 AM
There's a handful of feats along these lines. Probably favored community, but the town tamer and nation builder story feats or the masked renown general feat might be relevant.

Dimers
2020-03-11, 01:40 AM
Could you explain this one? I’m not seeing anything that’s specifically tied to a single town.

Until 20th level it's one town at a time, one "base of operations". And even after that, there's no change to the level 2 and 4 features.* You explicitly can shift to a guild in another place, but I'd suggest that that's basically changing home towns.** It's not like you're gonna rest your head in Paris but do all your guild work out of Poitiers.

* The 8th-level doesn't specify it's tied to one base of operations, so that could go either way.
** A thing I've done four times in my IRL life, not including the time my parents moved while I was in preschool.

Palanan
2020-04-11, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati

I keep meaning to come back to this. Did you ever come across that archetype? I’d love to see it, could be perfect for something I have in mind.