PDA

View Full Version : Can geodite cut down trees?

newguydude1
2020-03-10, 06:56 AM
"Geodites inhabit the Elemental Plane of Earth, where they
enjoy slowly burrowing through all the mineral varieties
of stone with shaped sonic bursts. Geodites have an inborn
talent for spatial mapping, and it is said they can never become
lost while they stand on stone."

"Geodites dwell together in small communities. They get
along well with most other earth elemental creatures. They
enjoy creating complex dwellings of spiraling tunnels with
long galleries, great hollows, and small, doorless nodes in
Emberling and geodite the earth."

they have 10ft burrow speed into stone. they do it with shaped sonic bursts. does that mean they can use shaped sonic bursts to cut down trees and doors? cause wood is softer than stone. and walls of wooden houses. their burrow speed isnt exclusive to stone. they can burrow through dirt because their burrow speed isnt explicitly exclusive like other creatures who burrow through stone.

Hellpyre
2020-03-10, 09:32 AM
Obviously, RAW it can't use it's burrow speed to help, but even from a relaxed point of view, I can't see any way to defend them breaking trees other than damage, and the energy ray power they come with is too infrequent at 2/day to let them do that with anything other than slams.

newguydude1
2020-03-10, 11:18 AM
Obviously, RAW it can't use it's burrow speed to help, but even from a relaxed point of view, I can't see any way to defend them breaking trees other than damage, and the energy ray power they come with is too infrequent at 2/day to let them do that with anything other than slams.

so mechanically speaking geodite and destroy stone houses but not wood houses?

Hellpyre
2020-03-10, 06:18 PM
Well, they can make holes in stone houses. Honestly, assuming they're fracturing the material that they displace to make holes, it would almost certainly be easier to break stone than wood with sound anyways.

newguydude1
2020-03-11, 05:14 AM
ok thank you. i think if someone can blow up rock with sonic blasts he can blow up wood. but rules are rules. thank you. i will cut down trees with his fists by punching it until the tree hp is gone. rules say hardness 5 hp 150 so it should take 100 rounds on average so 10 minutes.

Brackenlord
2020-03-11, 06:26 AM
i think if someone can blow up rock with sonic blasts he can blow up wood.

"Geodites have an inborn talent for spatial mapping, and it is said they can never become lost while they stand on stone."

The way I see it, thanks to their natural connection to stone, geodites are somehow able to tune their weak blast to the resonant frequency of said stone.
This probably doesn't hold up to real science but is not usually a good idea to get too hung up on that, specially when talking about a creature whose's abilities can be waved as "it's magic".

KillianHawkeye
2020-03-12, 11:12 PM
According to Bulbapedia, Geodude cannot be taught to Cut.

Crake
2020-03-13, 09:52 AM
The way I see it, thanks to their natural connection to stone, geodites are somehow able to tune their weak blast to the resonant frequency of said stone.
This probably doesn't hold up to real science but is not usually a good idea to get too hung up on that, specially when talking about a creature whose's abilities can be waved as "it's magic".

This is along the lines of what I was imagining as well.