PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Backstory help?

stormsouldevil
2020-03-11, 01:50 AM
Hey folks,

Got a new character Im rolling up. Half Orc barbarian. And what they lack in original character concept I wanted to make up in backstory. Instead of the normal sexual violence cliche and "I WAS RAISED BY WOLVES!" I wanted to go with a happy home life and more of a commune with nature type of warrior. (and yes I did go bear totem, because bears are awesome, and DR to almost everything is awesome. Also despite adoring the concept this is the first chance ive had to run a barbarian in 5e for more then a few sessions.)

Messin around with Xans.... I got that.... I just feel like I got a little too much that.

In her own words

"My father and mother fell in love when he ventured from orc lands with the hopes of trading and hunting. Instead he decided to settle with my human mother. The Village would only tolerate so much, so instead they moved into the wilderness. My human grandparents helped with what they could and soon we had a large home. My father hunted and the excess pelts and meats sold well in the village.

I am the 7th of 9 children. My older brothers and sisters run the family business or work in the village (that has largely grown accustomed to us.) while my mother and father have entered a sort of retirement though he has since passed.

Myself, I am the most fearsome of my family. At a young age I fell into a cave with a bear. I grabbed a tree branch and beat it to death. Since that moment I've had a call for the wild and an urge to wander. My father had heard tell of this rage and helped me learn to master it. My oldest sister took me into the woods and forests for days, but finally I had to see the world. For the last 3 years I have been a wandering warrior.”

-Rasuna Auravar

Family and ages-
- Kraiz, died at 45 in his sleep 5 years ago
- Jodis, 48

- Tamozi: 31, f Hunter/Trapper

- Ingun: 29, f, Town guard

- Orest: 26, m Hunter/Trapper

- Ureg: 23 f, Hunter/Trapper

- Agamok: 22, m Caravan guard

- Bruni: 20yo, M Forest guide

- Rasuna: 19, F, Barbarian/Warrior Forest guide

- Herdis: 18 f, Bounty hunter

- Zurimak: 17 m, training to be a Hunter/Trappe

Galithar
2020-03-11, 02:01 AM
Tawmis is excellent at helping (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?591882-Need-a-character-background-written-up/page24) people develop backstories. You might try posting in his thread and seeing if he can come up with a good story for you.

stormsouldevil
2020-03-11, 02:10 AM
Doneso and thanks. :)

Tawmis
2020-03-11, 03:00 PM
Tawmis is excellent at helping (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?591882-Need-a-character-background-written-up/page24) people develop backstories. You might try posting in his thread and seeing if he can come up with a good story for you.

I pay Galithar to say nice things about my thread! :smallwink: (I saw your post there stormsouldevil!) Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

stormsouldevil
2020-03-11, 04:40 PM
You are the best! :D