PDA

View Full Version : Anmiltar, Soulsunderer (help with this BBEG item)

Nonah_Me
2007-10-22, 10:14 PM
In my 10,000 orcs game, I've decided that the BBEG is not, in fact, the orc king, but the hammer that he wields. With that in mind, I'd like some help as to what kinds of abilities it should have, and thoughts or opinions on what I've already decided about it.

Anmiltar, Soulsunderer
+2 Anarchic Unholy Dwarfbane Large Warhammer (2d6+2 +1d6 vs good, 1d6 vs law, 1d6 vs Dwarf)
Intellegent (Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 15) Telepathy, Forged for a Purpose (the destruction of Moradin and all Dwarfkin), Magic Circle against Good or Law 1/day

Fluff:
Created in an age past by a mad dwarf who hated all other dwarfkind, Anmiltar was sundered into two parts and buried in a deep mine shaft by clerics of Moradin. The hatred the item had for dwarf-kind did not allow it to die, however, and gained the single eyed stare of Grummsh One Eye.

Fifty-one years before the begining of the game, an earthquake opened the mine shaft to the tunnels that a tribe of orcs were using. The shaman of the tribe, heeding the whisperings of his patron, found and repaired Anmiltar. In that instant, the shaman's mind was destroyed, Anmiltar swore allegance to Grummsh, and the reign of the Orc King was to begin.

My question is, what kind of abilities should it grant, and how would you (mechanically) go about figuring the mind destructive qualities the hammer has over it's wielder?

Edit: (oops, realized this better went into the homebrew forum)