PDA

View Full Version : Clans - round 2

8wGremlin
2020-03-11, 06:48 PM
Last year I started a small game where you had a clan consisting of a 1st level main character and a number of commoners with which to battle another clan.

Well I'm doing it again.

All WoTC published books and Unearthed Arcana

you get one 1st level Character and 10 commoners
you pick one race for all of them, and get the normal races traits etc.
you get 500gp to equip your group
your character starts with normal 1st level equipment (and can be sold at 1/2 cost if you want)
your commoners don't get a background, but your main character does

What do you pick, where would you like your clan to live (pick a favoured terrain), and what tactics would you suggest we use.

After I have a few we'll put these clans against each other, it may not be a fight, if you can go first and intimate, or persuade them to leave, or join you.

I'll hopefully post up our battle reports when I get a chance.

Man_Over_Game
2020-03-11, 07:28 PM
Interesting game!

Race: Wood Elf

Favored Terrain: Dense forest

Hero: Barbarian with standard equipment. Background is Outlander

Equipment: x9 Longbows (-450), x40 arrows for each (-2), x9 daggers (-18), a Pony (-30)
*note: I hand off 3 javelins to the guy on the pony.

Strategy: Pretty obvious. Hide, then pelt them with our Longbows when they get within ~300 feet (I got 40 rounds worth of arrows, come at me). The only thing that we'd probably even consider talking to is an adjacent clan that also had an obscured position, since they might be able to approach us despite our superior range. If we can't kill it, befriend it. Anything else is to be routed through taking cover and sniping the targets until they flee or fall. Me and the mounted unit are to wait until the enemy is within throwing weapon range before attacking. If formation matters, for something like tracking down another stealth team, me and our mounted guy split as we advance, to mostly be scouts/decoys for the rest of the elves to spot the enemy team.

Simply put, nothing else is more of a priority than ensuring the longbows get used. If the scouts die, turn in all but 3 arrows and make one more.

[Edit] Forgot the name. Let's go with...

Clan Blackthorn, of Sledgepaw the Tyrant.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 02:17 AM
Equipment: x8 Longbows (-400), x50 arrows for each (-2), x8 Light Armor (-40), x2 Hide Armor (-20) x2 Shields (-20), x9 daggers (-18).

Like it, unfortunately the commoners, don't know how to use the armour or the shield, but they are good with bows!

Man_Over_Game
2020-03-12, 11:15 AM
Like it, unfortunately the commoners, don't know how to use the armour or the shield, but they are good with bows!

Ah, I forgot that they don't have proficiency in light armor.

I'll edit it... Stupid, useless commoners, gotta do everything myself...

Chengduguy
2020-03-12, 11:41 AM
Is this intended to be 1v1, or several clans politicing it out between each other? And if it is multiple clans, is the ultimate goal annihilation of other clans, or is it more open to just increasing the clans' power/influence in the area?

Also would you be opposed to a clan being Tritons with favored terrain of Ocean?

Edit: Also would the Grung race be considered legal for this?

Zanthy1
2020-03-12, 12:02 PM
Fun!

Race: Variant Human (feats for all)

Commoners take magic initiate with their 1st level being a a mixed combination of buffs, debuffs, and heals. Cantrip is probably firebolt, but could mix it around with a couple different damaging cantrips. All armed with daggers and shields (the shields they would only pull out if enemy got into melee range).

Preferred area: Urban

Level 1 would be a barbarian probably.

Have the commoners spread out across rooftops or in towers where they can throw their magic. lvl 1 dude will run ambush darting form building to building

Seclora
2020-03-12, 01:16 PM
Mountain Dwarves
+2 Con, +2 Str
Proficient in Handaxes, Battleaxes, Warhammers, Throwing Hammers, Light & Medium armor

Me:I used the Elite Array, because it wasn't specified otherwise
Tempest Cleric, Sailor Background

Str 12(Mtn Dwarf +2) Dex 8 Con 15(Dwarf +2)
Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 13

Proficiencies:
Athletics, Perception, Medicine, Persuasion

Equipment:
Warhammer(one handed), Chain Mail(AC 16), Priest's Pack, Shield(AC +2), Holy Symbol, 50' of Silk Rope, 10g, Club
-10g Healer's Kit x2

-Spells: DC 12, Atk +4
Cantrips: Toll the Dead, Mending, Guidance
1st [2/2]Fog Cloud, Thunderwave, Healing Word, Bless

Use Fog Cloud to cover retreat or to control ranged attackers, Bless to push the attack if we have the upper-hand, Healing Word to keep allies in the fight. Otherwise stick to cantrips for ranged combat and Melee whenever possible. Use Healer's Kit in place of spells to preserve allies as much as possible.

Them:
Commoners, but proficient in not dying!
500g
-100g Hide Armor x10(AC 12)Editor's note: Ring Mail is Heavy Armor, and Mountain dwarves are only proficient in Light and Medium Armor. So I have corrected this and made adjustments
-100g Battleaxe x10(Wielded 1-handed for 1d8 Slashing)
-100g Shield x10
-20g Smith's Tools x1
-20g Brewer's Tools x1
-40g Mason's Tools x4
-10g Miner's Pick x5
-2g Iron x20 lbs
-32g Pack Mule x4
-35g Wagon x1
-10g Goat x10
-2s Chickens x10
-remainder of gold remains cash for use in trade.

Favored Terrain:
Mountain passes

Tactics:
Fortification and Vigilance. Use Mason's tools to fortify angles of approach, then drop rocks, Boiling Liquids, and assorted debris on attackers from 3/4s cover. use Smith's Tools to craft and deploy Caltrops along most likely approach angles to funnel opponents within thrown weapon/melee range. Sleep and work in shifts around the clock, sharing tools as needed.
Dodge when engaged by opponents not reachable in a single movement, close gap if able, find cover if not.
Use Brewer's tools to celebrate victory.

The clan would be perfectly willing to engage in trade, but would avoid leaving fortifications and try to keep people from entering encampment if possible. A number of animals are kept on hand in order to supplement food supplies beyond foraging.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 01:49 PM
Is this intended to be 1v1, or several clans politicing it out between each other? And if it is multiple clans, is the ultimate goal annihilation of other clans, or is it more open to just increasing the clans' power/influence in the area?

Also would you be opposed to a clan being Tritons with favored terrain of Ocean?

Edit: Also would the Grung race be considered legal for this?

Hi @Chengduguy, its about establishing dominance in the area, be that by force, diplomacy, or subterfuge.

Yes to tritons, and ocean as terrain, and Grung are fine.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 01:51 PM
Fun!
Preferred area: Urban

unfortunately urban is only available once your clan has built it, and to build it you need to find a place.

so What terrain would you like to start building your town.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 01:53 PM
Mountain Dwarves
+2 Con, +2 Str
Proficient in Handaxes, Battleaxes, Warhammers, Throwing Hammers, Light & Medium armor

Me:I used the Elite Array, because it wasn't specified otherwise
Tempest Cleric, Sailor Background

Str 12(Mtn Dwarf +2) Dex 8 Con 15(Dwarf +2)
Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 13

Proficiencies:
Athletics, Perception, Medicine, Persuasion

Equipment:
Warhammer(one handed), Chain Mail(AC 16), Priest's Pack, Shield(AC +2), Holy Symbol, 50' of Silk Rope, 10g, Club
-10g Healer's Kit x2

-Spells: DC 12, Atk +4
Cantrips: Toll the Dead, Mending, Guidance
1st [2/2]Fog Cloud, Thunderwave, Healing Word, Bless

Use Fog Cloud to cover retreat or to control ranged attackers, Bless to push the attack if we have the upper-hand, Healing Word to keep allies in the fight. Otherwise stick to cantrips for ranged combat and Melee whenever possible. Use Healer's Kit in place of spells to preserve allies as much as possible.

Them:
Commoners, but proficient in not dying!
500g
-300g Ring Mail x10(AC 14)
-100g Battleaxe x10(Wielded 2-handed for 1d10 Slashing)
-20g Smith's Tools x1
-20g Brewer's Tools x1
-40g Mason's Tools x4
-10g Miner's Pick x5
-2g Iron x20 lbs
-8g Pack Mule x1

Favored Terrain:
Mountain passes

Tactics:
Fortification and Vigilance. Use Mason's tools to fortify angles of approach, then drop rocks, Boiling Liquids, and assorted debris on attackers from 3/4s cover. use Smith's Tools to craft and deploy Caltrops along most likely approach angles to funnel opponents within thrown weapon/melee range. Sleep and work in shifts around the clock, sharing tools as needed.
Dodge when engaged by opponents not reachable in a single movement, close gap if able, find cover if not.
Use Brewer's tools to celebrate victory.

The clan would be perfectly willing to engage in trade, but would avoid leaving fortifications and try to keep people from entering encampment if possible.

This is excellent, thank you Seclora
Elite array, or point buy is perfect.

What would you like to call your clan?

Ortho
2020-03-12, 05:01 PM
Ooooo, sounds fun! I think I'll go the diplomacy route...

Race: Changelings. +3 Cha

Me: STR 8, DEX 14, CON 10, INT 12, WIS 13, CHA 15 (+3).
Rogue, House Agent background (Ghallanda)

Proficiencies:
Slight of Hand, Performance, Persuasion (Expertise), Investigation, Perception, Insight (Expertise), Deception, Intimidation, Brewer's Supplies, Chef's Utensils, light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, thieves' tools

Equipment:
One set of fine clothes and a purse containing 20 gp. Also a house signet ring and ID papers, but I doubt those matter.
Rapier, Shortbow, 20 arrows+quiver, leather armor, 2 daggers, thieves' tools, burglar's pack.

Commoners:
Well, I got no combat prowess whatsoever, so let's see what I can do with this....
-1gp 100 Torches
-4gp 40 Oil Flasks
-5gp 10 Common Clothes
-20gp 20 Ball Bearings Bags
-20gp 20 Caltrop Bags
-20gp 20 Nets
-5gp 10 Tinderbox
-10gp 10 Fishing Tackle
-150gp 3 Rowboats
-10gp 100ft hempen Rope
-20gp 10 Manacles
-20gp 1 Brewer's Supplies
-1gp 1 Cook's Utensils
Total: 286gp.
Annoyingly, I can't find any prices on building construction, so I'll chuck the remaining 214gp towards construction of an inn (bedding, flooring, chairs, spices, etc,) with tight corridors and hope I can get something out of it.

Favored Terrain:
Beaches. I'd build the inn on a river delta, specifically. Rivers tend to see heavy traffic, and hopefully the muddy terrain will slow down attackers and/or make them more appreciative of the inn.

Tactics:
Discourage people from attacking me in the first place, 'cuz in a straight-up fight, I'll lose. Advertise a free seafood buffet every Friday, and offer reasonable prices for a night at the inn. Use Brewer's Supplies and Chef's Utensils to create some darn tasty meals. Maybe bed and breakfast for the regulars. Now no one will want to attack me, and hopefully my +8 to Persuasion can help convince them. I wanna be everybody's friend!

I've got two contingencies if the above tactic doesn't work:
1) Flee on the rowboats. Everyone gets in a rowboat, 4 people per boat, and rows out to sea. Dump the oil in the ocean so the attackers have to swim though the oil to reach the boats (oil floats!) and when the attackers reach the boats, smack 'em with a torch and light them on fire. If a target coated in oil gets lit on fire, they take a flat 5 damage, which will instakill any commoner.

2) Hide in the inn. Drop caltrops and ball bearings everywhere, and when attackers fail their DEX saves and fall prone, my commoners leap out of the corners and gain advantage on attack rolls against them. Ideally, I'll have torches all along the walls, so the commoners can chuck oil at them and then use their free item interaction to pick up a lit torch. Or, my commoners chuck nets at the attackers, and while they're restrained they slap manacles on them. Good luck with your DC 20 STR check to break free.

I need a name, so I think I'll call this Clan Haddock.

Man_Over_Game
2020-03-12, 05:05 PM
I'm gonna laugh if my group of xenophobic murder elves lose because of their insane lust for Free Shrimp Fridays.

Fingers crossed...

Seclora
2020-03-12, 05:50 PM
This is excellent, thank you Seclora
Elite array, or point buy is perfect.

What would you like to call your clan?

Clan Stonehew, Led by Orin Stonehew

Wizard_Lizard
2020-03-12, 06:27 PM
Leader: A'kra follower of H'ruggek
Race: Bugbear
Class: Cleric
Background: Entertainer

Starting equipment
Chain Mail
Battleaxe
Shield
2xHandaxes
Thrown weapon fighting (UA) Fighting style

Equipment: 2 Elephants, 20 handaxes

Favoured terrain: Forest.

Strategy, ELEPHANTS. Also throwing axes at everyone from the elephants. A'kra heals people
(Probably not best strategy but elephants and bugbears are epic.)

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 07:24 PM
Ooooo, sounds fun! I think I'll go the diplomacy route...

Race: Changelings. +3 Cha

Me: STR 8, DEX 14, CON 10, INT 12, WIS 13, CHA 15 (+3).
Rogue, House Agent background (Ghallanda)

Proficiencies:
Slight of Hand, Performance, Persuasion (Expertise), Investigation, Perception, Insight (Expertise), Deception, Intimidation, Brewer's Supplies, Chef's Utensils, light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, thieves' tools

Equipment:
One set of fine clothes and a purse containing 20 gp. Also a house signet ring and ID papers, but I doubt those matter.
Rapier, Shortbow, 20 arrows+quiver, leather armor, 2 daggers, thieves' tools, burglar's pack.

Commoners:
Well, I got no combat prowess whatsoever, so let's see what I can do with this....
-1gp 100 Torches
-4gp 40 Oil Flasks
-5gp 10 Common Clothes
-20gp 20 Ball Bearings Bags
-20gp 20 Caltrop Bags
-20gp 20 Nets
-5gp 10 Tinderbox
-10gp 10 Fishing Tackle
-150gp 3 Rowboats
-10gp 100ft hempen Rope
-20gp 10 Manacles
-20gp 1 Brewer's Supplies
-1gp 1 Cook's Utensils
Total: 286gp.
Annoyingly, I can't find any prices on building construction, so I'll chuck the remaining 214gp towards construction of an inn (bedding, construction, chairs, spices, etc,) with tight corridors and hope I can get something out of it.

Favored Terrain:
Beaches. I'd build the inn on a river delta, specifically. Rivers tend to see heavy traffic, and hopefully the muddy terrain will slow down attackers and/or make them more appreciative of the inn.

Tactics:
Discourage people from attacking me in the first place, 'cuz in a straight-up fight, I'll lose. Advertise a free seafood buffet every Friday, and offer reasonable prices for a night at the inn. Use Brewer's Supplies and Chef's Utensils to create some darn tasty meals. Maybe bed and breakfast for the regulars. Now no one will want to attack me, and hopefully my +8 to Persuasion can help convince them. I wanna be everybody's friend!

I've got two contingencies if the above tactic doesn't work:
1) Flee on the rowboats. Everyone gets in a rowboat, 4 people per boat, and rows out to sea. Dump the oil in the ocean so the attackers have to swim though the oil to reach the boats (oil floats!) and when the attackers reach the boats, smack 'em with a torch and light them on fire. If a target coated in oil gets lit on fire, they take a flat 5 damage, which will instakill any commoner.

2) Hide in the inn. Drop caltrops and ball bearings everywhere, and when attackers fail their DEX saves and fall prone, my commoners leap out of the corners and gain advantage on attack rolls against them. Ideally, I'll have torches all along the walls, so the commoners can chuck oil at them and then use their free item interaction to pick up a lit torch. Or, my commoners chuck nets at the attackers, and while they're restrained they slap manacles on them. Good luck with your DC 20 STR check to break free.

I need a name, so I think I'll call this Clan Haddock.

Awesome! thank you @mjp1050 this is a very interesting route, I like it.

ThatoneGuy84
2020-03-12, 07:26 PM
Aarakocra
1st level monk
Starting Equiptment.
Flasks of oil x 100
Torches X 100
Terrain - Air (if not then idc what terran choices are)
Start 310 feet up
Drop oil.
Drop torches lite.
Watch everyone die horrible deaths.
If forest battle - burn down forest.
If mountain battle, fly and pickup and drop rocks ect.
Urban - oil burn down town if needed.
If forced to wait out enemy till the make camp fire and drop oil.
More oil.
More death and burning.

Assuming I cant hire hirelings with my gold that is.
Cause if I can.
I'll spend the rest of my gold (lots saved) on fighter hirelings and have them attack while i drop burning oil.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 07:43 PM
Aarakocra
1st level monk
Starting Equiptment.
Flasks of oil x 100
Torches X 100
Terrain - Air (if not then idc what terran choices are)
Start 310 feet up
Drop oil.
Drop torches lite.
Watch everyone die horrible deaths.
If forest battle - burn down forest.
If mountain battle, fly and pickup and drop rocks ect.
Urban - oil burn down town if needed.
If forced to wait out enemy till the make camp fire and drop oil.
More oil.
More death and burning.

Assuming I cant hire hirelings with my gold that is.
Cause if I can.
I'll spend the rest of my gold (lots saved) on fighter hirelings and have them attack while i drop burning oil.

Nice @ThatoneGuy84
I would suggest you would live in the mountains, nice and high, hard for people to get to you.
Your clan is made up of 10 Aarakocra commoners I would imagine them trying to make flasks of oil, and gather food, or are you just going to raid others?

Also why monk, might I ask?

oh and no to hirelings. it's just you and your clan.

kiwi5ucker
2020-03-12, 07:50 PM
Race: White Dragonborn

Character: Paladin
16 str 12 dex 14 con 10 in 10 wis 14 cha (point buy)

Background: Acolyte

Gear: Greatsword, Halberd, 5 Javelins, Holy Symbol on his Greatsword, Sell chainmail and buy scale mail (-25 GP)

Equipment:
- 50 spears, 5 per person: 50 GP
- 3 rowboats: 150 GP
- 5 shortbows: 125 GP
- 200 arrows, 40 per bow person: 10 GP
- 5 quivers, 5 GP
- save 130 GP to help with interactions with other clans

Favored terrain: ocean/coast area, like coast caves and beaches

strategy: pepper enemies with arrows and spears from boats, and then in close encounters with enemies use their frost breath and two handed spears to quickly deal with enemies. focus on trading with the saved gold and building a camp to train my soldiers would be priority #1, and if things get ugly, they can use the gold to bribe enemies or make alliances. I really hope that these battles have some water on the battlefield lmao or this is gunna be a very bad start and the clan will have to adapt.

small backstory that you didnt ask for: a small tribe of dragonborn that left their homeland on a few boats to discover a new land and start a new home where they would be free to practice their religion and worship their dragon gods that were forbidden to follow in their homeland

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 08:10 PM
Race: White Dragonborn

Character: Paladin
16 str 12 dex 14 con 10 in 10 wis 14 cha (point buy)

Background: Acolyte

Gear: Greatsword, Halberd, 5 Javelins, Holy Symbol on his Greatsword, Sell chainmail and buy scale mail (-25 GP)

Equipment:
- 50 spears, 5 per person: 50 GP
- 3 rowboats: 150 GP
- 5 shortbows: 125 GP
- 200 arrows, 40 per bow person: 10 GP
- 5 quivers, 5 GP
- save 130 GP to help with interactions with other clans

Favored terrain: ocean/coast area, like coast caves and beaches

strategy: pepper enemies with arrows and spears from boats, and then in close encounters with enemies use their frost breath and two handed spears to quickly deal with enemies. focus on trading with the saved gold and building a camp to train my soldiers would be priority #1, and if things get ugly, they can use the gold to bribe enemies or make alliances. I really hope that these battles have some water on the battlefield lmao or this is gunna be a very bad start and the clan will have to adapt.

small backstory that you didnt ask for: a small tribe of dragonborn that left their homeland on a few boats to discover a new land and start a new home where they would be free to practice their religion and worship their dragon gods that were forbidden to follow in their homeland

Like it @kiwi5ucker (a fellow New Zealander?) Like the backstory as well, which surprisingly fits well with the background I have in mind.

Don't worry, we have some terrain consideration as to where the clans meet, ie attack, defend, random meeting.

Chaosmancer
2020-03-12, 10:36 PM
Hardest part about this is going to be not copying someone else's idea, but I think I can take a spin off a few things I didn't see here.

Race: Variant Human
Clan Name: Clan Duhan

Character: Bard - Using Point buy for stats leads to 16 Cha, 16 Con, and 10's in everything except Dex which is 11

Feat: Inspiring Leader
Background: Guild Merchant (taking proficiency in Land Vehicles)
Skills include: Insight, Persuasion, Medicine, Animal Handling, Survival, Performance
Languages will go with Dwarvish and Elvish for now
Spells: Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery. Bane, Healing Word, Faerie Fire, Thunderwave

Equipment for Character:
Rapier (sold for 12 gold 5 silver)
Diplomat's pack
- chest
- 2 cases for maps and scrolls
- set of fine clothes
- bottle of ink and ink pen
- lamp and 2 flasks of oil
- 5 sheets of paper and sealing wax
- Soap
- a vial of perfume (sold for 2 gold 5 silver)
Lute
Leather Armor and Dagger
Mule and Cart

515 gold (added background gold straight this) then add 18 gold. Total 533.

Okay, now for the trickier part.

5 Commoners take the Healer Feat, they also have Medicine as a Skill
2 Commoners take Prodigy. They will have Nature and Expertise Survival. They also have prof with the Herbalism Kit
2 commoners take Magic Initiate (Wizard and Cleric) taking Mending, Mold Earth, and Find Familiar for the Wizard and Guidance, Thaumaturgy, and Sanctuary for the Cleric. These two also have Arcana and Religion respectively
Last Commoner takes Alert Feat and Stealth proficiency

Single Light Crossbow for the Alert (25 gp) with 100 bolts (5 gp)
20 sets of supplies to make healing potions via Herbalism kit (100 gp) (If possible, I would like to have the 20 potions made)
20 sets of supplies to make Antitoxin (100 gp) (same deal with the Potions)
40 sets of supplies for healer's kits (100 gp) (There is a pattern for the overworked)
15 grappling hooks (30 gp)
10 Hunting Traps (50 gp)
400 arrows (20 gp)
2 vials of alchemist fire (50 gp)
10 ladders (1 gp)
10 sets of manacles (20 gp)
20 days of rations (nonperishable) (10 gp)
200 torches (2 gold)

Edit: Forgot to buy the actual herbalism kits. Dropping 5 grappling hooks and 2 hunting traps to buy 4 kits (back ups)

Favored Terrain: Grasslands and the Road

Tactics:
We sell our services and goods to support other clans. We offer medical services (even on the battlefield), some free scouting via Find Familiar, some assistance in building fortifications from Mold Earth, repairs, medicines, equipment. We can also find our own food and water, make rope from plants, offer our minor cleric for spellcasting services. Our Leader can give a rousing speech to buff your troops, or offer his spells to your advantage. We can even help in the transport of goods.

We will not aid those who attack us, and would ask that any member of the clan taken captive in battle is offered a contract to aid the victor in their next battle (not the current one, since that would be dishonorable to those who hired our services)

But, I should be able to make all sorts of medicines, and provide all sorts of services. We even do birthday parties.

8wGremlin
2020-03-12, 11:27 PM
Hardest part about this is going to be not copying someone else's idea, but I think I can take a spin off a few things I didn't see here.

Race: Variant Human
Clan Name: Clan Duhan

Character: Bard - Using Point buy for stats leads to 16 Cha, 16 Con, and 10's in everything except Dex which is 11

Feat: Inspiring Leader
Background: Guild Merchant (taking proficiency in Land Vehicles)
Skills include: Insight, Persuasion, Medicine, Animal Handling, Survival, Performance
Languages will go with Dwarvish and Elvish for now
Spells: Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery. Bane, Healing Word, Faerie Fire, Thunderwave

Equipment for Character:
Rapier (sold for 12 gold 5 silver)
Diplomat's pack
- chest
- 2 cases for maps and scrolls
- set of fine clothes
- bottle of ink and ink pen
- lamp and 2 flasks of oil
- 5 sheets of paper and sealing wax
- Soap
- a vial of perfume (sold for 2 gold 5 silver)
Lute
Leather Armor and Dagger
Mule and Cart

515 gold (added background gold straight this) then add 18 gold. Total 533.

Okay, now for the trickier part.

5 Commoners take the Healer Feat, they also have Medicine as a Skill
2 Commoners take Prodigy. They will have Nature and Expertise Survival. They also have prof with the Herbalism Kit
2 commoners take Magic Initiate (Wizard and Cleric) taking Mending, Mold Earth, and Find Familiar for the Wizard and Guidance, Thaumaturgy, and Sanctuary for the Cleric. These two also have Arcana and Religion respectively
Last Commoner takes Alert Feat and Stealth proficiency

Single Light Crossbow for the Alert (25 gp) with 100 bolts (5 gp)
20 sets of supplies to make healing potions via Herbalism kit (100 gp) (If possible, I would like to have the 20 potions made)
20 sets of supplies to make Antitoxin (100 gp) (same deal with the Potions)
40 sets of supplies for healer's kits (100 gp) (There is a pattern for the overworked)
20 grappling hooks (40 gp)
12 Hunting Traps (60 gp)
400 arrows (20 gp)
2 vials of alchemist fire (50 gp)
10 ladders (1 gp)
10 sets of manacles (20 gp)
20 days of rations (nonperishable) (10 gp)
200 torches (2 gold)

Favored Terrain: Grasslands and the Road

Tactics:
We sell our services and goods to support other clans. We offer medical services (even on the battlefield), some free scouting via Find Familiar, some assistance in building fortifications from Mold Earth, repairs, medicines, equipment. We can also find our own food and water, make rope from plants, offer our minor cleric for spellcasting services. Our Leader can give a rousing speech to buff your troops, or offer his spells to your advantage. We can even help in the transport of goods.

We will not aid those who attack us, and would ask that any member of the clan taken captive in battle is offered a contract to aid the victor in their next battle (not the current one, since that would be dishonorable to those who hired our services)

But, I should be able to make all sorts of medicines, and provide all sorts of services. We even do birthday parties.

Very Impressive, @Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer
2020-03-13, 07:23 AM
Very Impressive, @Chaosmancer

Thank you. Forgot the herbalism kits like a dummy, so I edited via my phone.

Now the real tricky part comes.

Chengduguy
2020-03-13, 01:03 PM
Race: Grung
Clan Name: br'Abbit

Character: UA Revised Ranger - point buy stats: STR12, DEX16, CON14, INT10, WIS14, CHA10
Background: Outlander
Skills: Perception, Stealth, Survival, Nature, Athletics, Investigation
Languages: Common, Grung
Tool: Whistle-Stick

Equipment for Character:
Scale Mail (sold for 25 gp)
2 Short Swords
Explorer's Pack
Longbow and 20 arrows
Quarterstaff (background)
Hunting Trap (background)
Traveler's Clothes (background) (Sold for 1 gp) (b/c I'm a frog and imagining frogs wearing clothes is weird)
10 gp (background)

Important racial features for commoners:
+2 DEX, proficiency in Perception (+2), Amphibious, 1 level of exhaustion if not immersed in water for 1 hour each day, poisonous skin, standing leap (15 ft standing high jump, 25 ft standing long jump), poison immunity, small size
Languages: Grung (not proficient in common)
poisonous skin - when grappled/grappling opponent must make dc 12 con save or be poisoned. As part of attack action with piercing weapon, can add poison to attack. Target must make DC 12 con saving throw or take 2d4 poison damage.

Gold Total (including PC's gold): 536
5 Days rations for 10 people (non-perishable) - 25 gp
10 Fishing Tackle - 10 gp
20 Hunting Traps - 100 gp
15 Hooded Lantern - 75 gp
50 Flasks oil - 5 gp
10 Hempen Rope (50ft) - 10 gp
10 Tinderbox - 5 gp
20 Waterskin - 4 gp
300 Darts - 15 gp
10 Backpacks - 20 gp
10 Bedrolls - 10 gp
10 Mess kit - 2 gp
10 Shovels - 2 gp
10 Daggers - 20 gp
6 2-person Tent - 12 gp
4 Healer's Kits - 20 gp
4 Rowboats - 200 gp
Remaining Gold: 1 - kept b/c it's shiny

Favored Terrain: Marshland

Favored Tactics:
The br'Abbit clan will be very defensively focused. Their poisonous skin gives them impressive combat abilities, and their amphibious nature allows them to easily retreat in aquatic environments, and their natural alertness makes them difficult to surprise. When they do go on offence, they will primarily focus on raiding along rivers and coastlines, and avoiding direct confrontations. Diplomacy will be difficult as only leader knows Common, but will still be possible if the conditions are favorable.

8wGremlin
2020-03-13, 01:37 PM
Race: Grung
Clan Name: br'Abbit

Character: UA Revised Ranger - point buy stats: STR12, DEX16, CON14, INT10, WIS14, CHA10
Background: Outlander
Skills: Perception, Stealth, Survival, Nature, Athletics, Investigation
Languages: Common, Grung
Tool: Whistle-Stick

Equipment for Character:
Scale Mail (sold for 25 gp)
2 Short Swords
Explorer's Pack
Longbow and 20 arrows
Quarterstaff (background)
Hunting Trap (background)
Traveler's Clothes (background) (Sold for 1 gp) (b/c I'm a frog and imagining frogs wearing clothes is weird)
10 gp (background)

Important racial features for commoners:
+2 DEX, proficiency in Perception (+2), Amphibious, 1 level of exhaustion if not immersed in water for 1 hour each day, poisonous skin, standing leap (15 ft standing high jump, 25 ft standing long jump), poison immunity, small size
Languages: Grung (not proficient in common)
poisonous skin - when grappled/grappling opponent must make dc 12 con save or be poisoned. As part of attack action with piercing weapon, can add poison to attack. Target must make DC 12 con saving throw or take 2d4 poison damage.

Gold Total (including PC's gold): 536
5 Days rations for 10 people (non-perishable) - 25 gp
10 Fishing Tackle - 10 gp
20 Hunting Traps - 100 gp
15 Hooded Lantern - 75 gp
50 Flasks oil - 5 gp
10 Hempen Rope (50ft) - 10 gp
10 Tinderbox - 5 gp
20 Waterskin - 4 gp
300 Darts - 15 gp
10 Backpacks - 20 gp
10 Bedrolls - 10 gp
10 Mess kit - 2 gp
10 Shovels - 2 gp
10 Daggers - 20 gp
6 2-person Tent - 12 gp
4 Healer's Kits - 20 gp
4 Rowboats - 200 gp
Remaining Gold: 1 - kept b/c it's shiny

Favored Terrain: Marshland

Favored Tactics:
The br'Abbit clan will be very defensively focused. Their poisonous skin gives them impressive combat abilities, and their amphibious nature allows them to easily retreat in aquatic environments, and their natural alertness makes them difficult to surprise. When they do go on offence, they will primarily focus on raiding along rivers and coastlines, and avoiding direct confrontations. Diplomacy will be difficult as only leader knows Common, but will still be possible if the conditions are favorable.

Excellent work, thank you @Chengduguy

ThatoneGuy84
2020-03-14, 08:09 PM
Nice @ThatoneGuy84
I would suggest you would live in the mountains, nice and high, hard for people to get to you.
Your clan is made up of 10 Aarakocra commoners I would imagine them trying to make flasks of oil, and gather food, or are you just going to raid others?

Also why monk, might I ask?

oh and no to hirelings. it's just you and your clan.

Monk is one of my favorite low level classes, that is literally the only reason :)

Rouge would be more "optimal"
Monk even with pointbuy and unarmored defence will give a slight low level edge thou vs Commoners with bad proficiencies.

Chaosmancer
2020-03-27, 01:40 PM
So, um, is this dead?