PDA

View Full Version : Explorers Of the Planes Beyond

ebarde
2020-03-11, 07:57 PM
The interior of a tavern shifted and contorted as it adjusted to the building's new location, producing an almost whiplash like effect as if a parachute had just opened after a long fall. Through the large windows, twisted and dark trees could be seen scattered all around, contrasting with tower like structures of rigid gothic architeture. The adventurers who until recently had little in common, now shared the rare experience of being catapulted between planes. The omnious tavern that would serve as their war room being a reminder of their home.

A lively tavern would have been no strange sight, especially for adventurers. But the war room was anything but lively, as it's multiple stacked tables and furniture made it look as if someone had tried to turn a place of respite into a fortress. It wasn't a place that any of the contestants had seen before, at least not until they were all transported there after accepting their divine calling.

In the middle of all the unused space, a man with pidgeon like wings could be seen stretching his back. He dressed in very baggy and colorful clothing, which accentuated his scrawny physique.

"Oh, hey! Welcome to the tournament!" He said snapping awake, as if something had just pinched him. "I'll be your guide for this first task, so just bear with me as uh, time is kinda of the essence right now!" his wings folded as he tried to regain some composure.

gargoyleking
2020-03-12, 12:22 AM
Daqir Ibn-Yaseh, son of a criminal had been given the good fortune to serve the gods. He'd survived many trials as an acolyte of the temple and later been assigned to learn from one of the legendary Living Monoliths of Osirian. But even then, he'd heard nothing the likes of this.

The gods needed a champion, he didn't feel worthy of the honor, to serve their needs. Should he succeed, he would be honored for his deeds. Should he fail, well the Osiriani gods were not all known for their sufferance.

Now he stood in this strange inn, the others in this place were all foreigners, he suspected. Then the world 'warped'. He lost his composure for a moment as the world lost all meaning before snapping back into a semblance of reality.

Now he was faced with a winged man. His first instinct took hold, and he was quickly prostate before the being before him. Obviously either a god himself, or a messenger of the gods.

"I am Daqir Ibn-Yaseh, I am ready to serve the will of the gods!"

samduke
2020-03-12, 11:33 AM
I am traci, What can you tell us of this tournament?

Asterisk619
2020-03-12, 07:43 PM
Adrick took in the sights around him; quite intrigued by the building he and the others now resided. He was astounded that he had finally been chosen by the gods themselves. He had devoted his life to his god and prayed for a chance to truly prove himself.

He turns to his fellow adventurers and announces, "Hello Daqir, Traci. I am Adrick, son of Ottis. I hail from the Lands of Linnorm Kings. It will be an honor to do battle with you all."

Adrick then turns to the winged man and bellows, "Greetings sir! Do tell, where has this tournament brought us?"

ebarde
2020-03-13, 08:51 PM
The winged man looked at Daqir a tad confused, as if trying to recall a script.

-Well, encouraging blind loyalty is usually more the Modus Operandi of the other guys upstairs, by appreciate the initiative! Anyway, about the tournament...-With the flap of his wings, the man perched himself near one of the tavern's windows.

-The Tournament of Beyond is well, this massive interplanar gauntlet where groups of adventurers compete against each other to finish specific tasks in a neutral battleground. This plane for example is not as different as the one all of you came from, but soon you'll find they have how can I say...-His face grimaces for a second.

-Somewhat backward values, for a lack of a better word? Anyway, the objective of each round is always something deeply related to the internal logic of the plane it's taking place. Which brings me to your first goal! You're tasked with venturing into the city of Greywell, and prove the innocence of Alice Drakeweaver in her upcoming murder case. I'm sure you can infer from that on what the goal of your adversaries will be. -He states omniously.

gargoyleking
2020-03-13, 11:22 PM
Daqir looks up, confused, from his pose and slowly sits up on his knees as he listens to the winged man. He doesn't truly understand what is being implied, but decides not to pursue the matter further. Eventually, he stands up and addresses the man as if perhaps only slightly higher of position to himself, rather than as if akin to godhood himself.

"We are to be... advocates? I am a warrior and know nothing of the law beyond what I need to know to fulfill my duties. Who is this 'Alice Drakeweaver' and whom does she stand accused of killing?"

ebarde
2020-03-14, 02:01 AM
The humanoid thinks for a second, and then addresses the warrior.

"Well, as a warrior you must have killed and seeing people get killed right? If you think about it, solving a murder is basically that but working backwards! As for information, I'm afraid to say that you'll have to directly talk with local law enforcement and also conduct your own investigation".

He then brushed aside his messy sand colored locks of hair. For a moment his blue eyes were in full view as they glowed pale.

"I mean, what kind of mystery would it be if it allowed for divine intervention?" he chuckled.

samduke
2020-03-14, 05:53 AM
Adrick, Daqir, I posses some skills in the area of investigation and if this is our task I am prepared

Imladir
2020-03-14, 10:42 AM
Lanneah Thakemar - Elf Wizard (2) - HP 18/18 - AC 15

https://i.imgur.com/IMeASuF.jpg?1

Leannah wasn't in a really good mood: she hadn't wanted to be there. Oh, she had been asked about it. She had been told what it was about and all that. At least she was pretty sure it had been covered. But… She had been busy and at a critical point in her studies at the time so had barely listened to what she was told, and had in fact distractedly agreed to everything just to get rid of the distraction.

And now, here she was…wherever here was, and she could only blame herself. Well, for the most part, she was pretty sure nothing had been an accident and that didn't prevent her from being less than pleased. So she watched Pigeon-Man darkly as she listened to his explanations, glancing to those who were to be her companions.

After a while, looking at those companions, she said. “Lanneah.” The young elf turned to Pigeon-Man. “I don't suppose the locals or the accused know to expect us?”

gargoyleking
2020-03-14, 05:35 PM
"Very well, and should we run into this opposing team? Are we expected to do battle with them? Are there any restrictions we are to follow?"

ebarde
2020-03-14, 09:11 PM
The winged divine seemed a bit overwhelmed but then sorta mutters something under his breath as if going through talking points and then addresses the party.

-Well, while I am all for foulplay myself, and the tournament doesn't exactly have any rules for how one is to go about achieving each objective...Keep in mind that the objective is to prove your client's innocence, so whatever you do try not getting in trouble with the authorities. And you should expect full cooperation of local authorities, as they received a head's up about your arrival, that being said don't think they will favor you any more than the prosecution".

Imladir
2020-03-14, 10:58 PM
Lanneah Thakemar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2141912) - Elf Wizard (2) - HP 18/18 - AC 15

Well, that was better than expected. Lanneah muttered “As long as they don't hinder us more than the opposition…”

Shaking her head, as if she couldn't believe the mess she was now in, the young elf asked. “Anything to cover or should we get going?”

ebarde
2020-03-15, 12:06 AM
"Oh yeah, you should really get going!" He flew down next to the tavern door.

"Just follow the uuh, grey tower things? You should get to the city in a bit! Godspeed, and may the gods be with you, well the uuh...good ones at least" The humanoid vanished in a crackling of static, leaving the party the only ones in the tavern.

samduke
2020-03-15, 09:49 AM
Traci looking around at the others.
Well, follow the Grey Tower things it is then

looking out to find one of these referenced Grey Tower things

gargoyleking
2020-03-15, 06:31 PM
Daqir watches the man dissapear with a look of puzzlement. He hadn't expected a messenger of the gods to act in such a way and the revelation was rather distracting. Eventually he shook off his confusion and set about checking his equipment and adjusting it for ease of travelling. Once finished, he turned to the others awaiting their own indications of readiness.

Imladir
2020-03-17, 05:52 PM
Lanneah Thakemar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2141912) - Elf Wizard (2) - HP 18/18 - AC 15

Lanneah groaned when Pigeon left…feeling jealous: that was definitely something she wanted to be able to do one day. After a sigh, a shake of her head and finally a shrug, she said, “We'd best get going then. It wouldn't do to get there late.”

Having said that, the young elf grabbed her backpack and took the first step outside the inn, orientated herself and went in the direction of the nearest grey tower thing, confident that the others would follow.

ebarde
2020-03-18, 02:31 AM
As the party ventures forth, the path ahead was...omnious. The towers were the only thing in clear view, forming a road of granite bricks in a crooked and unwieldy path. Dark tree branches flanked the group from all sides, petruding from the mist.

*Everyone roll an arcana check, you can do so in this chat*

samduke
2020-03-18, 04:21 AM
traci is watching for trouble as they walk down the path (Perception [roll0], <does not have knowledge arcana trained>

gargoyleking
2020-03-18, 04:44 PM
Daqir stidied the terrain with mild discomfort as they travelled though he did his best to put it aside and focus on the mission at hand.

Arcana (https://orokos.com/roll/793197): 1d20+1 12

Imladir
2020-03-18, 05:10 PM

Lanneah was herself quite interested by the road and the towers, taking a bit of time to study them while they walked.

Arcana: [roll0]

ebarde
2020-03-18, 08:07 PM
secret roll: [roll0]

Lanneah felt something as the party moved forward, a shivering akin to the ripple effect of a pebble hitting a pond. At the epicenter of that effect the wizard felt a hole, and someone looking from the other side.

The path then started getting narrower, those more combat hardened of the group could all probably recall bad experiences with paths such as these. A combination of the mist and just general geography made it hard to be sure of anything on the surroundings, the only sense that wasn't drowned by the oppressive enviroment was the almost deafening silence.

gargoyleking
2020-03-19, 12:50 AM
Daqir, felt his senses perking up as the path narrowed in on them. Instinctively he moved to the head of the group, thrusting his right arm throygh the loops of his shield and drawing a javelin as he did so.

samduke
2020-03-19, 12:12 PM
what is it Daqir, trouble?
Traci Draws her sword and shield

Imladir
2020-03-19, 03:02 PM

Lanneah tilted her head to the side as she studied that weird feeling. With a frown, she glanced at the others and said, “Someone's spying on us.”

She looked up where her familiar - a black Tressym - was flying, as if it ask if there was anyone around them.

gargoyleking
2020-03-19, 07:13 PM
"I cannot say more than that this would be a good place to set an ambush. It is best to be prepared."

ebarde
2020-03-19, 09:36 PM
Right as the order to the familiar was given, a dart flew through the air aiming at Lanneah.

Attack Roll: [roll0] if flat-fooded ac doesn't beat this, roll a fortitude save of 15 to avoid being paralyzed.

Then 2 figures in dark cloaks stepped out of the fog, one in front and the other in the back of the group. The assaliant before the party had his face covered by a white mask, and only his milky eyes and large elven ears could be seen. Behind them a bird-like figure could be seen brandishing a shortbow, her plummage was dark blue and pretruding from her cloak a pointy beak could be seen, covered by a muzzle like face mask of some kind.

"Huh, and here I was thinking we'd been light on our feet...can't think of what would have given it away" the elven man said while scratching his head with the same hand he held his rapier. "Well, they can't all be winners I suppose. Anyway, hand over al your valuables and no one get's hurt" the swordsman said in a calm and raspy tone.

Imladir
2020-03-20, 09:50 AM

Lanneah really wasn't happy about the dart, still feeling her muscles spasm out of her control and briefly hesitated on how to deal with it. On the one hand, she could try to pretend to be paralysed, but if there was anything else on the dart it'd be obvious. On the other hand, and more importantly, if she didn't, the two would likely retreat… So in the end, she chose the second route.

She shook herself and cocked an eyebrow. “Are you sure you want to do that? Even if you're very confident of your strength, four versus two seems to me to be far from the best of odds, and for what? Do we look rich to you?”

ebarde
2020-03-20, 10:32 AM
The Kenku spoke in a weirdly, cheery feminine tone. At the same time, her physical language completely changed, becoming much more relaxed.

"Today's forecast brought to you by the harbinger of Justice! I'd suggest cancelling your evening stroll folks, as you won't be able to see any scenery with all this mist I see in our futures!" As he heard this, the elven man noticeably cringed beneath his mask.

"Knock it off! I don't care if you think the seer weather lady is cute, we're in the middle of a gig!" he recomposed himself and gripped tightly the hilt of his weapon.

"But she's right you know, the fog around these parts is as dense as you guys are if you're thinking you can get past us. Which means you don't know how many people are surrounding you at this very moment. I'll give you a hint though, neither me or the kenku are carrying any blowguns." he pointed to the dart that was shot earlier.

gargoyleking
2020-03-20, 04:39 PM
Daqir tensed up as the dart flew out of the woods. He instinctively raised his shield against further assault, but kept it low enough to study the pair who'd stepped out of the woods. They seemed to think themselves clever, but he was bored already.

"This sword is my most valuable possession. If you so wish, I'll happily give each of you a taste. Fear not, there is enough to go around."

Imladir
2020-03-22, 06:44 PM

Lanneah sighed, rubbing her forehead feeling a headache coming. Hopefully it would be the only kind of 'ache' she was going to have, but still… “Look, we're only travelers, on the way to Greywell for a matter pertaining to something called the Tournament of Beyond. Sadly, you caught us before we achieved anything and thus haven't had any reward yet. Which means,” She shrugged. “that we really don't have anything worth fighting over and what we have, we will need for that Tournament I mentioned.”

“That leaves us at a bit of an impasse I'm afraid. If you really want to fight us, we'll fight, some of you will be hurt, perhaps die, and for what? If you tell me you've got more than enough troops in the fog to insure that this won't happen, it just means you'd do that for scraps. Is that really something you want to do? There's nothing to gain for either party here.”

ebarde
2020-03-23, 12:18 AM
The elven swordsman tried to rub his temples through his mask, looking as if he was making cost and benefit calculations on his head.

"Look, I'll be honest, I really don't care about whatever scrap you have it on you. We get paid as long as we make whoever comes here run circles for a bit. So I guess if you could just take 10 we'd be more than happy to go on our way" he says shrugging.

samduke
2020-03-23, 02:50 AM
And why is it that you are to make people run circles exactly?

ebarde
2020-03-23, 07:39 AM
"It's unclear-" the kenku said in that same voice from before, although now it's quite apparent that it was a recording of a larger sentence cut out early.

"Look, I don't claim to know things. My briefing was quite self explanatory honestly..." the swordsman explained. "We were told to scout ahead and report if we saw anyone coming in, we did that and well...next thing I know we were supposed to deter your group's progress for whatever reason" he shaked his head.

samduke
2020-03-23, 08:16 AM
ahh you said we were sent ahead to scout... there are only two of them! looking to the others well my friend you have but two options leave us be, and we shall leave you be, or fight. You choose.

Imladir
2020-03-23, 09:46 AM

Lanneah opened her mouth to answer the swordsman but interrupted by Traci could only groan. “Let's not be hasty first.” She squinted at Traci. “Particularly when we know for a fact that they are definitely more than two.” In her hand she showed the dart she had been targetted with at the very beginning.

“And, just because fighting us would serve no purpose for them, it'd be even worse for us.” She let a couple of seconds pass before turning towards the bandits. “So… You know how I mentionned that Tournament? I suspect that you've been hired by our competition. What they probably failed to mention, is that this tournament is something the gods play between them. I'm not exactly clear on the specifics,” the young elf blushed at that: maybe she'd have been if she had paid attention at the time… “but we're here at the behest of some Gods of Good.” Well, probably… She hoped… Surely she wouldn't have agreed otherwise, no matter how distracted she had been at the time right? “Which means that our competition is likely on the other end of the spectrum. So you have to ask yourselves if you want to stand in the middle of that, to say nothing of helping Evil. Who knows the consequences that can have…”

gargoyleking
2020-03-23, 09:56 AM
"ENOUGH! You are but pawns in a game, sent to delay us. Your employer expects to not 'need' to pay you at all. This is your choice. Leave now, and live, or don't, and die."

Daqir pins the elf with his gaze as he speaks, his features seeming to be made from stone and he drops into a slight crouch, shield up to cover the forest from one side and sword to the side.

Intimidation (https://orokos.com/roll/794049): 1d20+4 18

ebarde
2020-03-23, 11:05 AM
The kenku perked up, her feathers all ruffled from the intimidation. The elven swordsman then ponders for a moment, until coming to a decision:

-Ok, fine. I think the time we lost here might be enough already for the boss anyway-he said giving a worried look to the Kenku.

-Everyone! Rendezvous on me.-He said making a hand gesture.

At that same moment, three figures stepped out of the mist. The first one was a inhumanly tall humanoid completely covered by rags, with short brown tuffs of fur and a pair of bright feral eyes. In it's hands there was a blowgun large enough that a halfling could use it as a walking stick. At it's side, a pair of lizardfolk with mismatched eyes also appeared, all gathering around the elf.

-Figures. Of course this would be a dead end, I mean they couldn't even spare us a caster!-one of the lizardfolk grumbles.

Imladir
2020-03-23, 01:41 PM

Lanneah slightly frowned, but didn't add anything for a little while. Finally, she turned to the swordsman. “Thank you, I do believe you're making the right choice.” To say nothing of the fact that she really didn't want to have to fight. While they didn't have a caster and she was one, she had no illusion about how much she'd be able to weight in any armed conflict.

Before anyone could leave though, she asked, “Would you mind telling us who sent you after us? How many there were, what they looked like and so on?”

ebarde
2020-03-27, 10:44 AM
The elf scratched his chin, thinking:

"We were sent by our boss, "his nom de guerre" if you will is "The Poltergeist". If you're strolling to town, you'll at the very least see one of his emissaries soon enough"

The Kenku who was strapping back her bow, started muttering "dark clouds everywhere" in the same voice as before, as the rest of her companions seemed to be scouring the general surroundings.

gargoyleking
2020-03-27, 10:19 PM
Daqir waited just long enough for Lanneah to get her answer and then growled once more in warning.

"You've delayed us long enough, now begone! And tell your 'boss' that we won't be so forgiving should he strive to interfere again."

Imladir
2020-04-08, 10:02 PM

“Oh come on!” Lanneah sounded exasperated, even lifting her arms above her head. “Do you really need to be that aggressive when the whole thing has been solved already, and without a drop of blood drawn? I don't know if you've seen, but there are more of them than us and they're perfectly able to see that. It'd still be a no-win scenario for them to attack us, but they'd still fare much better than we'd do. Even if we were to survive that, I'm pretty certain it wouldn't help us at all to achieve what we're here for. If you want to fight be my guest, but don't pull us down with you.”

She turned to the other group, shaking her head. “Excuse him, that must be the pressure of our task weighting on him.” She snorted. “Anyway, I wasn't thinking about your boss, but more who paid your boss to send you to delay us. Is that something you know? Oh and while we're at it... Do you know anything about Alice Drakeweaver and the murder she's apparently linked to?”

ebarde
2020-04-08, 11:05 PM
As the kenku seems to be reciting something about the fishing season, the elf recounted:

-Wait, from what we were told about this whole tournament, aren't both teams supposed to appear at the same time? How would your adversaries have been able to set all of this up? Honestly this whole thing screams all kinds of shady, which is weird cause the boss usually strays away from complicated business. Meddling with conspiracies is for the greedy and the dead, you know" he shrugs.

Imladir
2020-04-08, 11:12 PM

“I don't know much about the rules to be honest.” Lanneah shook her head. “But would it really surprise you if the other team resorted to shady means to get an advantage?” The young elf snorted disdainfully.

A second later, she squinted. “You know, if that's what happened... You're in a pretty bad position yourself as you've effectively been a part of that shady business, albeit unknowingly.” She considered the question for a moment before adding, “In fact, I'd say your best chance to avoid any kind of consequences would be for you to help us. If it happened like you fear, it could balance things out and might allow you - and your boss - to escape any retaliation. And if things are as normal as could be in those circumstances...well, you have nothing to lose by helping us don't you think?”

Diplomacy: [roll0]

ebarde
2020-04-08, 11:39 PM
The elf raised a finger as to argue, but then he thought for a moment, and muttered a curse under his breath before continuing:

"Well, I see no problem with that, not at all. What do you say everyone?" He turned to his crew, who all seemed eager enough with the idea.

"Ok, then. For the time being I welcome all of you as an honorary members of the Midnight squadron" as he finshed saying that, one of the lizardfolk exclaimed excitedly:

"He said the name! See? I knew he'd come around to it!"

The elf then guided the party to follow the same obsidian path as before, and soon as the mist became ever thinner a village of similar gothic structure became ever more visible in the horizon. But most proeminently, watching over the humble stone houses that made up a majority of the place, a dark and haunting obsidian tower stood tall. Sculpted alongside it, were giant stone hammers that angled down in perfect symmetry, as if all were to strike at once at the citizens below.

gargoyleking
2020-04-09, 04:24 AM
Daqir let Lanneah have her chance to speak, it wasn't his specialty and he'd merely been trying to save on the time it would take to deal with these ruffians. But then she convinced them to aid them rather than hinder. He blinked in surprise as they warmed up suddenly and though still suspicious, followed their lead to the town. Upon seeing the sight before him he wondered at the tower and it's hammers. Was this some city concieved of by a god? SIf so, surely it was no god which he'd heard of.

"What is this place called?" he asked the elf.

Imladir
2020-04-09, 04:43 PM

“Uh...” Lanneah observed the tower for a moment, letting the bandit the time to answer Daqir's question. “That's something else.”

Shaking her head, she asked a question of her own next. “What is that tower? It looks... Ominous...”

ebarde
2020-04-10, 02:56 AM
The elf extended his palm, as if trying to measure something in the horizon, he then exclaimed:

"That is the Cathedral of the lawbringer, the patreon deity of the city of Greywell. They keep everything 'round these parts nice and managable. If it weren't for their extensive libraries and records no one here would even be literate, and also any healer or spellcaster is a member of their clergy."

gargoyleking
2020-04-10, 08:28 PM
Daqir listened to the explanationand smiled, nodding in approval as he agreed with the general orderliness of this place. He truly hoped to be able to help in administering justice in such a place. With a slight bounce in his step, the warrior stepped forth.

"Come, our enemies have already sought to delay us, let us strive to dissapoint their plans."

Imladir
2020-04-12, 11:25 AM

“So, that's our destination, eh...” Lanneah grimaced a bit, obviously not quite pleased with what she was seeing. She nodded when Daqir went forward and followed.

As they walked, she asked a couple of questions to their 'guide'. “So, what do you know of Alice Drakeweaver? Oh and, are there rules for visiting spellcasters?”

ebarde
2020-04-12, 07:34 PM
"Well, Alice ain't from around here, since as I said before all local spellcasters are trained in the divine arts by the church. She is from a group of wandering wizards that go around collecting and spreading knowledge wherever they go, and as such she set-up base here and decided to take some children in, mostly orphans as her students of magic." The elf said.

gargoyleking
2020-04-12, 11:37 PM
Daqir lead the march as he listened to the conversation. It seemed their 'guide' had some knowledge of the woman they were here to help. "It seems she has been acused of nurder. Is there anything you can tell us about this situation?"

Even if the elf did have information to tell, Daqir would take it at only face value, at least for the time being. He couldn't easily trust anyone who would switch sides so easily.

samduke
2020-04-13, 07:16 AM
murder interesting and you say it was someone else, very interesting following along

ebarde
2020-04-13, 11:14 PM
"Here is the thing..." The elf gave a sorta annoyed sigh.

"My job is to know things, point to anyone, literally just pick a random house and I can tell the dirtiest most foul secrets of everyone in it, down to the family pet. But the murder victim? I got nothing! I mean, he's like...an actor I guess? I know that the neighbors have been complaining about how he tends to reharse until late at night, and make quite a bit of noise. But other than that, I honestly can't for sure claim he even get's out of his house, let alone has any enemies...much less ones capable of pulling something like this off".

As the group approached their destination, up ahead a figure at the edge of town looked back at them. It was a small goblin with strange features, as his skin was white and smooth, akin to a fish. His outfit was raggedy, with a large black hat covering the top of his head, and a fadded leather dustercoat that seemed to be a bit too big for his size. In his hands he held an old compass, almost the size of his palm.

"Now who's that?" one of the lizardfolk said, pointing at the goblin.

gargoyleking
2020-04-14, 10:10 PM
Daqir grunted and continued onwards, unwilling to let a single goblin distract them further.

ebarde
2020-04-14, 11:44 PM
As the party moved past him, the goblin's bloodshot eyes followed them, as he opened his crooked jaw-like mouth:

"Hold it Pardner! you lot sure started quite a tussle back there" he said with a suprisingly booming voice while taking a quick glance at his compass, which was emmiting a faint silver shimmer.

gargoyleking
2020-04-15, 11:17 AM
Daqir stopped and looked down at the albino goblin in irritation. "What is this 'tussle' of which you speak? We have broken no laws as yet that I am aware of."

samduke
2020-04-16, 07:57 AM
agreed yes, we just walked here and certainly we were in no " tussle back there ".

Imladir
2020-04-18, 09:29 PM

“Hmm. Looks like the first thing we'll need to do is to talk to Alice then.” Lanneah frowned slightly, “And learn more about the victim I guess.”

As they saw the goblin-like creature, Leannah frowned: that one looked like the most stereotypical bureaucrat she could think of, and not in a good way. Which was kinda confirmed next given his question. At least, it made pretty clear she supposed the exact goal of that little disagreement they had on the road. After the others, she nodded, cocked an eyebrow and asked innocently, “If there had been a tussle as you say, don't you think we'd be showing signs of it, much less arriving together?”

The young elf snorted disdainfully, “I don't know where you get your information from, but it's really inaccurate.” She frowned. “Surely that's not the kind of tricks someone would dare play with you, right?”