PDA

View Full Version : Cultist turned blood hunter? Character build help

KyleG
2020-03-12, 06:28 AM
I was thinking of a way to make a mord sith inspired character and mechanically the blood hunter base seems possible although the subclasses dont fit. Any suggestions, or should I move away from blood hunter? Or even do my mord sith flavouring via items.
The current idea stemmed from a feral tiefling formally part of a aasimar hunting cult. Born, raised and trained to hunt them down her former name was Deliverance. I had this amtrak wars vibe slip in too maybe with the aasimar bred with the cultists leaders for some reason/prophecy.
Love some more ideas.

Mercurias
2020-03-12, 06:50 AM
That seems like a Warlock proposition to me. You get the leather armor and limited, but powerful, Magical abilities. Going Great Old One would give you more tools for breaking someone, like reading their thoughts and casting Geas.

carrdrivesyou
2020-03-12, 08:12 AM
I was thinking of a way to make a mord sith inspired character and mechanically the blood hunter base seems possible although the subclasses dont fit. Any suggestions, or should I move away from blood hunter? Or even do my mord sith flavouring via items.
The current idea stemmed from a feral tiefling formally part of a aasimar hunting cult. Born, raised and trained to hunt them down her former name was Deliverance. I had this amtrak wars vibe slip in too maybe with the aasimar bred with the cultists leaders for some reason/prophecy.
Love some more ideas.

I would say hexblade of all things really. IIRC the Mord-sith were trained by Rahl directly, so he can act as a pseudo patron. this also gives you that sweet leather armor, along with never being disarmed of your "agiel" via pact of the blade. The agiel is obviously your weapon of choice, and so I would say taking lifedrinker and thirsting blade fit the theme appropriately. I think that for spell selection, I would use spells that do not require a focus or other material components. Something like mind sliver or toll the dead; things like that. Hex will make thematic sense and continue to be effective throughout your career.

End result would look something like hexblade 4/kensei X would make the most sense, at least in my mind. it isn't "flashy" but boy is it EFFECTIVE.

KyleG
2020-03-13, 02:30 AM
Maybe Mord Sith is too far in the direction i was picturing. Certainly dont see her as a warlock. Maybe i need to find a weapon that causes self damage as part of its magic. Im getting some real self inflicted injuries vibe from her. I considered a scourge aasimar but thats only once per long rest.