PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5e Homebrew - Blood Hunter Subclass: Order of the Slayer

D&D_Fan
2020-03-12, 10:05 AM
Blood Hunter Archetype: Order of the Slayer
With DOOM: Eternal coming out, I wanted to remake the Doomslayer from DOOM as a player archetype, and the Blood Hunter just has a cool theme so I went with it. I am not promising this will be balanced base Blood Hunter class here (dmsguild.com/product/301641/Blood-Hunter-Class-for-DD-5e-2020)
3rd Level: Rite of Terror
Your Rite dameage becomes psychic damage. In addition, you gain advantage on Intimidation (CHA) Checks

3rd Level: Healing Bloodbath
When you hit an enemy, you regain 2d8 HP. Once you use this ability, you can’t use it agin until you finish a short rest

7th Level: Enhanced Critical
You now get a natural critical on a roll of 19 or 20

7th Level: Improved Healing Bloodbath
You now regain 4d8 HP when you use healing bloodbath.

15th Level: Gory Critical
When you score a critical hit, you can multiply the damage by 3, instead of 2. You can use this ability an amount of times equal to your proficiency bonus. Once you have expended all uses of this feature, you must finish a short rest to use it again.

18th Level: Devastating Critical
You now get a critical on 18, 19, or 20. You can use this ability to deal quadruple damage. If the creature you hit has less than 100 HP, it must make a constitution saving throw equal to your strength score plus your proficiency bonus, or die. once you use this ability, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.

Please give input so I can make this more balanced!

D&D_Fan
2020-03-13, 03:18 PM
No replies, huh. I am posting this so I can draw more attention, but I really do want review of this subclass. The Blood Hunter class was created by Matt Mercer. It was remade this year. Again, please review the Order of the Slayer

Sam113097
2020-03-14, 04:23 AM
I like the idea of a Bloodhunter that can heal itself by doing damage! However, I feel like Healing Bloodbath is a little strong, as it is basically a better version of the Fighter's Second Wind, and it scales up, while the Fighter's stays the same. It might be a good idea to reduce the amount of HP that gets healed or to tie it to Hit Dice to limit its use somewhat.

Additionally, I am a fan of increased critical hit chances, as I think they're a lot of fun for players, so I'm all for that! The ability to straight-up one-hit-kill enemies on a crit and increase the number of damage dice rolled on a crit make the Slayer's crits, at least to me, superior to the Champion's, who has similar abilities. It might be a good idea to make sure this class doesn't clearly overshadow the Champion.