PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Water Cavalier (no magical)

Diegodod
2020-03-12, 11:13 AM
Hello. I am join a water pirateship campae (low magic / thay have magic, we don't), and I wan to creat a water-base cavalier, I will be in the water so I cant use armor, thinking in this I cameup with dis idea:

Race:Water Dwarf: 18-16-14-14-12-10

Monk 1/warrior 3/Fist of the Forest (sea) 1/DeepWarden (abbysWarden) 2/warrior (+1)4/Cavalier 10

Feats:
1-Endurance
1-Power attack(monk)
1-improved Unarmed trick (monk)
1-Great fortitude (flaw)
1-Weapon focus (lance) [Flaw]
2-Monted Combate (warrior)
3-Spirited charge
3-Ride-by-attack (warrior)
6-
8-(Warrior)
9-

How can I optimizate this? I have no idia what feats to use further,what items use for water combat?:smallconfused:

liquidformat
2020-03-12, 11:43 AM
Cavalier isn't a great class and it really doesn't work well with the monk half of your build. I would suggest either going with unarmed monk like build or mounted. If you are going mounted I would also suggest going with Waverider from savage species. It is a water based version of cavalier but is better than a cavalier and makes for a pretty interesting mounted thrower build.

Gruftzwerg
2020-03-12, 11:56 AM
Hello. I am join a water pirateship campae (low magic / thay have magic, we don't), and I wan to creat a water-base cavalier, I will be in the water so I cant use armor, thinking in this I cameup with dis idea:

Race:Water Dwarf: 18-16-14-14-12-10

Monk 1/warrior 3/Fist of the Forest (sea) 1/DeepWarden (abbysWarden) 2/warrior (+1)4/Cavalier 10

Feats:
1-Endurance
1-Power attack(monk)
1-improved Unarmed trick (monk)
1-Great fortitude (flaw)
1-Weapon focus (lance) [Flaw]
2-Monted Combate (warrior)
3-Spirited charge
3-Ride-by-attack (warrior)
6-
8-(Warrior)
9-

How can I optimizate this? I have no idia what feats to use further,what items use for water combat?:smallconfused:

If you are going ubercharger, it is always recommend to pick Imp. Bullrush (required) and than go for Shock Trooper (tactical feat). This enables you to drop your AC instead of your BAB for Power Attack. This helps you to trade as much as possible (still capped by your BAB) as AC and thus hit for big numbers.

and what about Tome of Battle? Is it allowed? A Crusader or Warblade dip could neat some nice maneuvers and stances.

OrbanSirgen
2020-03-12, 01:42 PM
Stormwrack has Sea-steed's Bridle, a magic item that can transform any animal or magical beast trained to accept riders into an aquatic form and back with a command word...

Diegodod
2020-03-12, 03:38 PM
Cavalier isn't a great class and it really doesn't work well with the monk half of your build. I would suggest either going with unarmed monk like build or mounted. If you are going mounted I would also suggest going with Waverider from savage species. It is a water based version of cavalier but is better than a cavalier and makes for a pretty interesting mounted thrower build.

Waverider, I was tring to find a good water combatent class,Wave really is beater, ty. u know a water survivalist class?

Diegodod
2020-03-12, 03:40 PM
If you are going ubercharger, it is always recommend to pick Imp. Bullrush (required) and than go for Shock Trooper (tactical feat). This enables you to drop your AC instead of your BAB for Power Attack. This helps you to trade as much as possible (still capped by your BAB) as AC and thus hit for big numbers.

and what about Tome of Battle? Is it allowed? A Crusader or Warblade dip could neat some nice maneuvers and stances.

I can use anything, since have no magic/mystic aspect.This feats work underwater?

Diegodod
2020-03-12, 03:42 PM
Stormwrack has Sea-steed's Bridle, a magic item that can transform any animal or magical beast trained to accept riders into an aquatic form and back with a command word...

I can't use anything with Magic/mystical aspect

Gorthawar
2020-03-12, 03:57 PM

I don't think this works as fist of the forest requires BAB of +4.

The waverider looks like a great fit and to get a bit more survival skills you could start your character like this: Strong Arm Ranger3/Barbarian 1/FoF1/DW2/Waverider10
That way you can get track, power attack and endurance via your ranger levels and the barbarian will give you extra strength, HP and AC via the con boost when raging. If you take (Sea) Lion Totem Barbarian you'd also get pounce.

Extra rage would be a good feat if you take a barbarian level. And if you're not going for the pounce variant hurling charge could be very interesting choice as well allowing you to throw a trident during the charge and then skewering the foe with a second trident.

liquidformat
2020-03-12, 04:15 PM

The waverider looks like a great fit and to get a bit more survival skills you could start your character like this: Strong Arm Ranger3/Barbarian 1/FoF1/DW2/Waverider10
That way you can get track, power attack and endurance via your ranger levels and the barbarian will give you extra strength, HP and AC via the con boost when raging. If you take (Sea) Lion Totem Barbarian you'd also get pounce.

Extra rage would be a good feat if you take a barbarian level. And if you're not going for the pounce variant hurling charge could be very interesting choice as well allowing you to throw a trident during the charge and then skewering the for with a second trident.

This is a pretty good way to go though I would suggest going with rapid shot for your ranger and for your barbarian use the following ACFs: Lion Spirit totem (replace fast movement with pounce) and City Brawler (Improved Unarmed Strike and two weapon fighting replaces martial weapons, medium armor, or shields proficiencies).

From there it really is a question of do you want to focus more on throwing or unarmed strike? brutal throw, power throw, and point blank shot are all good choices for a thrower...

Diegodod
2020-03-12, 09:26 PM

Extra rage would be a good feat if you take a barbarian level. And if you're not going for the pounce variant hurling charge could be very interesting choice as well allowing you to throw a trident during the charge and then skewering the foe with a second trident.

Ty, i will use, this cameup really bether. Can i use the Mont charge combo, in the sea?

Gruftzwerg
2020-03-12, 09:42 PM
I can use anything, since have no magic/mystic aspect.This feats work underwater?

As long as you have a swim speed you can fight and thus use charge attacks and thus charge related feats.

Crusader can choose some tanky & supportive abilities (incl. heals) while the Warforged is more bruiser like. Both give you access to White Raven school and at first lvl you can pick the "leading the charge" stance that gives you and allies in 60' +1/Initiator lvl dmg on a charge. As mounted charger with Ride by Attack, you can make always use of it.