PDA

View Full Version : Funny death-thwarting moment...

samcifer
2020-03-12, 02:42 PM
So we were playing our weekly group last night at lvl. 19 and a lot of crazy stuff happened.

First we were in a room in a castle where there were 6 sets of playing cards I instantly recognized as decks of many things. I refused to touch them, but my own fiancé' took 2 of them and other players took one deck each, then gambled and drew from them.

My fiancé lost every magic item he had, but his minotaur got a +5 amulet that enhanced unarmed attacks. HE also took a ton of necrotic damage. Other players got an npc enemy (3 players did), two got lvl. 4 duplicates of themselves, one got to go up a level if he defeated the next foe single-handedly.

After all of the decks had been used, two players played by real-life finances were sucked through a portal into a dimension of time where they were having to make percentile rolls to escape to a point in time and space of their own choosing.

Meanwhile the druid player found a woman trapped in a painting and was given the choices of 3 fruits. He could eat any one he wanted and give any one (2 of each fruit) to the woman to free her from the painting. He ate a pear and became immortal, then gave her a pear as well and Morganna was free to inflict chaos on all of us. The barbarian fighter who needed to defeat a foe on his own wanted to fight her solo and the rest of us agreed.

An npc rival from throughout the campaign arrived in the time vortex to fight the bard and blood hunter fiancés for some of the chaos amulets we were collecting to stop the freeing of an evil god and during that fight they could see what the rest of us were doing from within the tie vortex they were trapped in.

The bard managed to free himself after a round of battle between the barb-fighter and Morganna and chose to appear in time just before the druid gave her the pear and tackled him to stop him from doing so He instead gives her a cherry blossom and she is freed, but loyal to him. With the battle undone, the dm ruled that the barb-fighter got his needed victory nd went up to lvl. 20.

The blood hunter was killed, took 2 more hits, then failed his only remaining death save. The villain took his blades and cut his head from his corpse, then kicked through a portal, right into the excited bard's arms. "Rejuvenation!" he cries (we later ret-conned the spell to Resurrection) and the blood hunter was saved from death.

The now good Morganna gave us the second to last chaos amulet, then after giving new weapons to the minotaur cleric (my fiancé') and the blood hunter who had lost all of his gear with his original body, opened a portal to our home base.

The servant there picked a fight with the blood hunter and a fight ensued because the servant was the blood hunter's npc enemy created by the deck of many things.

The session ended and I didn't get to do anything that session, but what a session!

tKUUNK
2020-03-13, 05:47 PM
It's crazy how things work out (or not) sometimes.

THIS is why we play.