PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Anyone running "Rise of the Drow" in 5E? Looking for tips or feedback

Kithnaryn
2020-03-12, 08:47 PM
Hey guys!

I dove in and grabbed the 5E collector's edition of "Rise of the Drow", but for such a well supported and marketed product, DM discussion on the web seems to be unusually scarce, even for the older PF version.

I know there is an amazing body of knowledge in the form of the forum members here and was hoping to see if anyone had any general feedback or tips, whether for running it in previous editions or specific to how it might run in 5E.

Part of my challenge is I have not DMed 5E before. Older editions, PF and other systems? Sure. But I want to hedge my bets.

For example, in my play experience of 5E, it is certainly pretty forgiving when it comes to player survivability, however I know Rise of the Drow's original incarnation had a reputation of being somewhat punishing, especially due to resource management, the openess/sandbox aspect and the pace. So any thoughts on whether standard character options would be sufficient would be appreciated.

I will have a mix of players I know and new players, and the players I have DMed for previously have not played 5E yet, however were fairly system-competent with their PF builds.

I have, of course, read a few older threads here related to the topic, but any additional insight would be appreciated.