PDA

View Full Version : New, Yet Somewhat Old Artist

Neftren
2007-10-22, 10:32 PM
So, after getting a huge crash course from Sneak... who apparently stopped posting, I've come up with a few things... most notably the image in the spoiler:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6861/goblinzw1.gif

Took me about two hours to draw in all the little details... is that fast or slow?
Oh, and Adobe Illustrator 10 is being annoying and keeps turning my image into a blurry, pixellated wreck, so I just used Grab and took a screenshot... down side is now it's not transparent anymore... maybe I should get a copy of Photoshop too... :smallsigh:

Mr_Saturn
2007-10-22, 11:07 PM
I can crank out an avatar in like 30 minutes. Thats usually because i can copy-paste eyes, heads, bodies, weapons, etc. When i draw things from scratch, they take a bit longer, maybe an hour. As you hone you skills, it shouldn't take too long.

With sneak as your teacher, its no wonder you've done so well on that goblin. :smallbiggrin: Not much to critique, just maybe to round out the ends of you lines.

I dont know AI, so no advice on that one. Ego should know though. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-10-23, 07:25 AM
Depends on my mood.

A few things, the leg line seems to melt with the line of the cloak, to me that makes it a bit odd.

Try make the weapon end a bit more pointy, it is a piercing weapon.

A left ear? with the right ear so big you should probably see the left ear.

The amulet should be a bit more in the middle I think.

Neftren
2007-10-23, 09:08 AM
Dallas, notice that the legs are crossed, and the figure is definitely leaning into an attack stance. You're seeing him from a different angle, which is why there's only one ear.

Neftren
2007-10-23, 09:34 AM
I can crank out an avatar in like 30 minutes. Thats usually because i can copy-paste eyes, heads, bodies, weapons, etc. When i draw things from scratch, they take a bit longer, maybe an hour. As you hone you skills, it shouldn't take too long.

With sneak as your teacher, its no wonder you've done so well on that goblin. :smallbiggrin: Not much to critique, just maybe to round out the ends of you lines.

I dont know AI, so no advice on that one. Ego should know though. :smallsmile:

Yeah, I've started just by making a "template", which is the head and the body, then I spent another hour drawing different types of eyes and eyebrows... and facial features. I sometimes copy and paste, although on this one, it was totally freestyle, except for the body template, and the sword, where I used the straight line tool.

Neftren
2007-10-23, 06:50 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3034/avatarmkto2.gif

I hope that's better...

Sneak
2007-10-28, 09:08 PM
Sorry for reviving a semi-dead thread, but just wanted to say "nice!"

So...nice!

hyperfreak497
2007-10-28, 09:12 PM

So...nice!

I concur!

Pssst...Sneak...wanna give me a crash course too?

Neftren
2007-10-28, 09:42 PM

So...nice!

Hey wait a second... /me thought you vanished?

Sneak
2007-10-28, 09:49 PM

Yep, I'm a creepy lurker now. It's actually kinda fun. You should try it sometime. See, before when I had nothing useful to say, I said it. Now, I don't. Ta-da!

And Hyperfreak, if you want anything (besides a plasma screen TV, I tend not to give those away to strangers), feel free to PM me.

Neftren
2007-10-29, 04:36 PM
Aargh. I can't seem to get hair down right... >.<