PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed delete pls

Bobur
2020-03-13, 06:09 AM
EDIT: delete this thread pls

Hello everyone, I am playing around with some ideas of my first rogue.
It would likely be in a Dragonlance setting and I would try to stick to core + a few picks from other books if allowed.

Race: (Dragonlance)
Gnomes with +2 on Dex and Int are great, the -2Str/wis doesnt hurt too much either and the +2 Will SV is good as well.
The guild is just a fun addition for roleplaying

Alternative: Kender itself are rather bad, but I can imagine a strongheart halfling as a replacement.
No Int Bonus, but some nice skill buffs and 1 FEAT!

Feats? I read through some Rogue handbooks and usually there are a lot of great feats from other books, but if the selection is limited around core then it becomes a lot less feat starving.
2 W fighting (the follow ups are a bit questionable thanks to low BAB), Wfinesse are obvious choices.
Impr Ini is also good. After that it becomes thin without the other books.
Dragonlance feats: "Heroic surge"! (Extra move/atk per day) "Arcane prodigy" for a more spell oriented build, hardly beats heroic surge though. Maybe "lucky" since a rogue has weak saves anyway.

Classes? As usual spells rule!
I was thinking Rogue> Assasisn, maybe I can get the better spells outside of core.
Otherwise old-school Rogue/ Wizard > Arcane Trickster? Just a few levels of wizard would already do a lot in terms of spells. Sorc might also work as a dip if I decide to be the face and put more points into CHA.
Unseen seer (sadly from CM) is a good pick too, like an mix between arcane trickster and assassin.
I overlooked the shadow dancer, really nice flair though 3 bad feats necessary and no sneak atk dmg.

What are your thoughts?
I know this is rather basic but I would still like to know what you think.